Tribute Communities

Reviews for Tribute Communities

Vincent
Vincent
4 reviews Grimsby, ON

Excellent customer service, and very well built home!

Can't speak highly enough about Tribute. Home was very well built, easily passed inspection and clearly the contractors that Tribute hired did a very great job. On top of that Brandy L with their customer service team has been absolutely outstanding. Thanks Tribute!

Jeanie in Markham
Jeanie in Markham

Home Builder Customer Service

I purchased my condo about 2 years ago, and final occupancy date is June 2018. Although I cannot comment on the end result of the unit itself as of yet I do believe if the end result is as stellar as the customer service I have experienced then I expect nothing less then outstanding.

Starting from the sales representative, Krystyna Mah and Christina Chan to the representative in the office; Brandy Longo to the representative at Decor Centre; Sarah Flaherty, I can say without hesitation that each one of them is a consummate professional in their specific positions. Beyond their knowledge, and expertise in their individual areas they have pleasant dispositions, and patient, understanding and efficient qualities. I have never been made to feel like I was a bother and all of them more than willing to obtain any information I requested; believe me there were times I personally felt like I was a bother.

A very gracious thank you to all you ladies for making my experience with the front line of Tribute Communities an amazing one.

Richard Bahlmmann in Whitby
Richard Bahlmmann in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Bathroom Electrical

Bought a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom Tribute Homes in Brooklin. All the GFI bathroom outlets plus lights are wired to one single 15A breaker. Of course when any 2 people have hair dryer plugged in at the same time (common every morning) the breaker blows and they are in dark! Shame on Tribute on saving $40 for cost of breaker and wiring at home buyers great inconvenience! Will never recommend Tribute to anyone.

1 review Whitby, ON

Homes in Brooklin

We are second homeowners; Nothing but problems with this house; the roof is the latest; roofer placed wood down to stand on and nailed through and laid shingles over top of the holes, so after so many years there is numerous holes (50 approx) with rain coming in and damaging the insulation all the way down to the garage as you know water finds the lowest point; insurance is covering the inside, but we need to pay for the new roof; our porch railings etc. have been removed as they were rotten and will be replaced by us; furnace, water tank, pipes leading to drainage in the basement all a mess and needed to be or have been replaced. Cracks now appearing in the foundation and leaks. House appears to have been built in a hurry for some reason.

The College Condominium

Very crappy building. Final closing in November and by April there's already been multiple leakages and tiny malfunctions (like doors that doesn't closeproperly, and wierd noises in the elevator etc.) bunch of inconsiderate designs in the unit, terrible noise insulation, hot water has been on and off since Christmas and by April it's constantly down.

Purchased a house

BEWARE OF THIS BUILDER
They are just a money making machine. They show nicely decorated model homes but what you end up is with a house with substandard materials. After we paid our deposit we were shocked that we had to pay for upgrades that are very standard in houses nowadays. For example:
1. you end up with pop corn ceilings unless you pay the $2,400 to
have the ceilings finished smooth. Pop corn ceiling belong to 50s
period.
2. The light switches tribute provides is the old type which builders
put in 50s or 60s. Tribute charges you over $700 for putting the
standard decora plugs and switches. No lights over shower you
have to pay extra to get a light in your shower.
3. The sub-floor plywood tribute is made from from particle board
instead of spruce real plywood which is made of chips of saw
dust materials. It is also called OSB . The problem with OSB is that
first off all it is a very weak plywood and secondly is absorbs water
very rapidly. So if ever your floor gets wet because of a roof leak
than this plywood will expand and shrink which will destroy your
hardwood floor causing over $20,000 in damages. Tribute charges
you $2,000 plus tax to upgrade with real plywood
4. Tribute provides you with cheap steel tub which is now obsolete .
Tribute charges you over $ 700 for an upgrade for a acrylic tub. The
actual cost difference between steel tub ad acrylic tub is only
about $150 but they still charge over $700.
5. Tribute provides you with a 7.4 feet of basement height which is
beyond me at this time and age. they charge you over $15,000 to
make it standard 8 feet height. The extra cost for adding an extra
8 inches
6. Tribute provide you with 100 AMP electrical service which not
sufficient if you finish your basement. Today's standard electrical
service is 200 AMP. Tribute charge you over $900 for upgrade for
this.
These are ONLY a fraction of the items that I mentioned. I will post the full list of other standard items that Tribute make you pay for them which are NOT up grades but standard in today's market.
IF you are NOT CAREFUL you will end up paying between $50,000 and up to $100,000 in extra costs for upgrades that are considered standard in today' market

Janice in Toronto
Janice in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Very Disappointed with Tribute

We moved into the Parkridge Community (Oshawa) in late 2006 (new home). We are presently having our front porch rails & pillars replaced - rotted. Now, one of the kitchen cupboards has become "unattached" & "sunk" about 1 1/2". It appears that staples were used to attach the material & they are now visible! (Note: so far, none of the other cupboards have done this!). I have no idea how to repair this, nor the cost! It would appear the materials & work were completed poorly. We are very disappointed in Tribute, especially after hearing that newer homes are using upgraded material & installed in a professional manner!

Lynne in Courtice
Lynne in Courtice
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Imagination Ajax

We would never recommend or buy a Tribute home after our experience with our 9 year old house. Our patio doors in our walkout basement recently had to be replaced because there was condensation in between the panes of glass, we paid extra originally for e argon, how there could still be any in them when there was obviously a gap between the panes. The patio door in the main floor kitchen now also has the same problem. The worst part about the house is that we started having problems with our roof when it was only five years old, we were told "the installation of the shingles isn't guaranteed" Last year our insurance company changed and they wanted to do an evaluation of our property. In the report they said we had to have our roof inspected and either repaired or replaced. We have just had an independent roof inspection and they said we need a new roof. A just less than 9 year old roof needs replacing! Obviously the roof was defective from the beginning. We lived in our previous house for 24 years (not a Tribute home) and replaced the roof when it was 20 years old. We have been looking at other houses in our subdivision and the majority of the roofs have the same problem we have. It's unbelievable that a builder who is supposed to be reputable obviously used inferior quality shingles on our roof.

1 review Edmonton, AB

Tribute home

We purchased our home from tribute approximately 2 and a half years ago. First of all the sales representative we dealt with originally was very rude and insulting. In an attempt to sell us this home she went on saying that my current home was nothing even close to as nice as these homes and that my neighbourhood was outdated. FYI my neighbourhood is one of if not the most desirable one in all of Vaughan. So I really found her distasteful and rude. She said that we would be getting 10" ceilings, a walk out basement, a glass shower in our powder room and that our home would be done fall of 2015.

Almost 1.5years after purchasing the home we
received a letter informing us that our home would be finished February 9th 2016. And we had to go in and switch the brick we had chosen because they no longer had it in. So I go in to pick another brick and view the model homes and am asking their new sales associate (who thankfully is MUCH nicer) about when decor appointments would be etc. She looks at me startled wondering why I haven't been called to have a decor appointment when my house is scheduled to be finished in a few months. She then informs me at my house has been delayed again until June 15th 2016. No letter was received, no calls made informing us of this.

We then get a call to come for our first decor appointment and they are an hour and a half away from where we purchased our home(how inconvenient). Once we go through the floor plan with our decor rep we discover than it is nothing of what we expected. The main floor had no added shower in the powder room and our Inlaw suite was no drawn up. There is no grading for a walkout basement(which is one of the reasons we chose this lot and home model) and we In fact have 9" ceilings like my current home not 10" like the sales rep had been rubbing in my face! Not to mention we only get to do half of the decor this day and have to drive all the way back to the middle of nowhere to have another final decor appointment.

We then find out all of the misleading things that were told to us about the finishes, there are a LOT of upgrades needed to make this million dollar home not look like a $500k basic home. And the $20k in upgrades is really only $17 and nearly everything needs to be upgraded. I supposed this is a typical builder story. However after everything we've been through already with them I am beyond livid at this point. I now don't even want their house I'm sick to my stomach about thinking of living in it.

We go back and forth via email trying to get things finalized with the decor representative and are being very rushed. (I find this extremely annoying as they did not contact us for over a year and all of the sudden everything is so rushed and stressful). Much different than our experience with Greenpark(who we HIGHLY recommend) and Treasurehill who we also Highly recommend.

I get them everything signed off on and sent in and are then directed to our kitchen appointment. The contractor for the kitchens is a reputable one and our experience with the kitchen company Irpinia was wonderful. However our kitchen representative has a completely different drawing than our decor lady and the sales rep and ourselves. This company is so disorganized. Then they begin to rush us to sign off on our kitchen drawings and what appliances we will be purchasing. Please tell me why I need to sign off on which appliances I am purchasing if I can't use my upgrades towards them and I am not having them panneled? All I should be needing to sign off on are the measurements.

So an immediate member of our family passes away and they are harassing us while at the funeral for these kitchen sign offs. I advise them that we are at a funeral for an immediate family member and we will get back to them in a few days. Their response was " I'm so sorry to hear, my condolences.

I'm also sorry to push so much with your signatures on the drawing, I have a firm deadline for your lot from Tribute."

Really?!? Really?!? These people are absolutely Heartless and have now pushed me beyond my tipping point.

A firm deadline for what? Funny story they then push our closing date back to June 2016! So what's so firm with you guys? Seems nothing is concrete with Tribute. They don't know if they're coming or going!

So we speak to the head of customer relations, Michelle and she informs us that she's sorry we are unhappy but there is nothing she can do for us about what the sales rep said and how she worded it in our agreement that they will not be putting a shower in the powder room the best they will do is a standard bathtub (this house was purchased intentionally for an elderly lady white crippled knees to live on the main floor, she cannot climb into a bathtub). She informed us that we can pay for the upgraded shower if we'd like at $4k. She said that we had to sign off on the kitchen drawings ASAP and threatened to rid us of our 20k in "free" upgrades if we did not do so. We advised her we were seeking legal counsel and would get back to her. We then got a letter saying our house was pushed back until September 29th 2016!!!! I want nothing to do with this house or these builders. It has been an incredibly madening and stressful experience. We have never had this experience before and have bought from a few builders. This is by far the worst home buying experience of our lives.

More about Tribute Communities

Founded over 25 years ago, Tribute Communities is a leading builder of new homes and condominiums with a mission to create distinctive, visionary communities. Our exquisite lowrise communities are enhanced by natural beauty, old-world charm and a friendly ambience. Streetscapes present a fresh, bright appeal, with heritage touches that celebrate ...