ShopEco

Homeowner looking for experts
Homeowner looking for experts
10 reviews Thornhill, ON

Eco-friendly paint primer

We used ShopEco before, the old owners were fantastic, very knowledgeable and helpful.

On Aug 8, I contacted Anita, the new ShopEco owner to buy some eco-friendly paint primer. I told her I needed the product that following week given my baby was out of the house and I had scheduled contractors to come do priming and painting. I told her I was only going to buy the product from her if she could deliver it in time. She said she would use 1-day guaranteed shipping via Canada Post (and charged me for that shipping cost), the guarantee was for product to arrive Aug 11th (next business day). The product never arrived. I ended up having to cancel my contractors last minute (and incurred additional costs due to this). I called Anita to ask her to NOT charge me for product which never arrived. She said she still needed to charge me. I then called Visa to ask them to credit my account. The primer finally arrived a week late. I no longer could paint since my baby was back home again. Anita still charged me the full cost for the product and for the 1-day guaranteed shipping. She does not know how to do business. I already told her I am on many different blogging sites regarding eco-friendly products, and could be a huge advocate for her shop. However, she does not understand the important of retaining customers and word of mouth, and instead pocketed my $30 for product which did not arrive on the time it was supposed to arrive.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THERE ARE MANY OTHER ECO-FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVES!!

Unfortunately, Canada Post lost the package which was far beyond the control of us at ShopEco. The paint did arrive once Canada Post found it. I wish this sorts of things didn't happen but some times they do. It's unfortuante that you felt this was our fault.
In the end you received the paint and didn't pay for it or the shipping since VISA returned the charge. I would say you did quite well in this situation.