A Better Way Plumbing Ltd.

Drainage Contractors
HomeStars  >  Drain Services in Calgary  >  A Better Way Plumbing Ltd.

Reviews for A Better Way Plumbing Ltd.

Sandy in Calgary
Sandy in Calgary

Kitchen Sink Clog

I had a nasty clogged sink in my kitchen. I had tried a few different ways to get it unclogged. My Room mate opened the p trap to empty the sink, and broke the seal on the pipe. I finally gave up and called Jason! Best idea I have ever had! I used the get a quote option on here and he quoted me $200 + parts. Mitch came on time (early actually) and proceeded to repair the pipe. When done he poured some industrial drain cleaner down. Told us not to use the sink for 24 hrs. After that we were to fill the sink with cold water and then pull the plug. Well.... it didn't work. I called Jason back and they came out again. Snaked it this time and whoosh......it works!! Thanks guys for all your work! I appreciate it!!

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate the business and for taking the time to let us know of your experience.

BM from Burnaby
BM from Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

Replace hot water heater

Please remove this review as I put it under the wrong company as I didn’t notice the names were so close to each other. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Dave in Calgary
Dave in Calgary

Replace Main Water Shutoff Valve

We called A Better Way Plumbing to replace our main water shutoff valve, which had a very slow drip (non-emergency call). After we arranged the date/time with the city to turn off water outside, A Better Way arrived and removed the existing valve, only to discover they didn't have the replacement valve in stock. We were informed the required part was being couriered from Edmonton and would arrive by 9am the following day. We did not receive any updates the following morning until we phoned to ask for a status update. We were informed that the part did not arrive on time and was now scheduled to arrive that afternoon. By 2pm, we had not received any updates so we phoned again and were informed that the part had arrived. By 4:30pm the day after starting the job, they were able to finish it.

Our family was without water for 24 hours. No status updates were initiated by A Better Way during those 24 hours. They were quick to blame their supplier for the issues/delays but they cannot pin the lack of communication on their supplier. Payment took 15 minutes as the Plumber was having difficulties with his payment machine, which included him having to call their admin for help. No discount was provided to reflect the inconvenience or lack of communication. We were told we would get a coupon for a future service. While we don’t intend on using A Better Way again, it’s important to point out that we have yet to receive the coupon (writing of this review is 3 weeks after the service was performed).

The new shutoff valve is working / performing well and the work area was left tidy.

Hi Dave,
We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. It was unfortunate that our suppliers did not have your replacement valve in-stock at the time of the house call. We apologize for the inconvenience. We do try to communicate as best as possible with the customer if there is going to be a delay. We will take your comments as a learning experience for us on how we can improve our customer service during situations like this.

Genny in Calgary
Genny in Calgary

Great Plumber - call this company

We have used Jason (A Better Way Plumbing) for different problems we had - from adding a natural gas line for the BBQ, to fixing a leaky kitchen faucet, to a leaky shower and leaky toilet, replacing a water tank, etc. (It's an older house, so it's expected). His estimate are always spot on (no surprises down the road). He comes quickly and does great work without leaving a mess behind him. He is now our dedicated plumber. I highly recommend A Better Way Plumbing for professional services, yet friendly and personalized at the same time

Hi Genny,
Thank you for the great review. Jason takes a lot of pride in his work and business. Please refer us to all your friends.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Hot water tank inspection

Jason arrived right within the two hour window. We wanted to have the hot water tank inspected before leaving on vacation. He assured us everything was in order and did not charge us anything. We are so impressed with this company and especially Jason's very friendly and efficient service. We highly recommend this company and are so happy we found Jason and A Better Way Plumbing here on Homestars.

Thanks for the review. Glad your hot water tank is working fine. We try to provide the best customer service experience as possible and do not like to overcharge our customers if no work is needed. Please refer us to all your family and friends in the future.
Thanks

Happy i.
Happy i.

Hot Water Tank Replacement

'A Better Way Plumbing' installed a new Bradford White hot water tank in the basement and removed the old tank. The Bradford White tank is a step above the water tanks installed by the Big Box companies and the install was a breeze with Mitch. I would use "A Better Way Plumbing" again for any plumbing or heating needs.

Hi Happy,
Thanks for the review. I hope you are enjoying your new Water Heater.
We take pride in making sure our customers get the best product's available. Please refer us to anyone who needs any plumbing need's done in the future.

MCS
MCS

Low water pressure

Jason came out within the two hour window I was promised. He efficiently resolved a problem I had with low pressure on my hot water taps by cleaning out the aerators and flushed the hot water tank. Their prices are very fair and I like that I can pay after the fact via e-transfer and have a receipt emailed to me. I would (and have) recommended Jason to others.

Brian Flavelle
Brian Flavelle

Damp basement

Jason was very quick to help us out when we had water and minor mould issues in our basement. We were running an Airbnb and needed to have a safe environment for our guests. Turned out to be more than anticipated with repairs to a main stack, remove and replace the main drain, and install proper venting for the laundry area. All stuff our inspector missed when we bought the home 6 months earlier! Thanks Jason, for the prompt response and quick service to make our guests (and our) experience so much better.

We will be calling for a quote on a new build at the same location soon!

Brian and Lonnie

Loveluxe
Loveluxe

Leaky Shower Tap & Kitchen Tap Replacement

I found this company through HomeStars and combed through the reviews until I was satisfied. Well, the high ratings for the company and rave reviews sold me enough to call and I am so glad that I did. Jason was absolutely outstanding. He communicated well, and he made the experience fun. He is trustworthy and honest and his company will be my go-to for all my plumbing needs. (I'm planning on renovating my bathroom and kitchen) This company should really be "The Best Way" plumbing. If you want the best of the best, you have it right here!

LHesch in Calgary
LHesch in Calgary

Replace water heater and repair tap

Jason recently replaced a faulty tap in a bathroom, as well as an aging water heater. He had also repaired a toilet seat for me about a year ago. Such great, speedy and respectful service. I HIGHLY recommend A Better Way Plumbing!

More about A Better Way Plumbing Ltd.

A Better Way Plumbing Ltd. is a family owned and operated company founded by Jason Tomchishin in 2005. We are dedicated to providing the best possible customer service, going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. We offer around the clock, 24 hour emergency plumbing services city wide, so please call us anytime.