Jayman

Builders
200, 3132 - 118 Ave. S.E. Calgary, AB Calgary AB T2Z 3X1

Reviews for Jayman

Jayman built

Jayman provided top quality service and peace of mind for the entire build process. The warranty after the move in date was amazing. There is always some knowledgeable and caring to answer any of our questions and help us through the extremely stressful process. The overall quality of the home is perfect.

Private  in Calgary
Private in Calgary

Worse Customer Service and Cheap Quality

My husband I bought our new and first home with Jayman, that was our worst decisions we made. The house does not look anything like the show home. They made a huge mistake in there design making the pantry door right next to the fridge door. The door is blocked by the wall and I cant open it all the way, its damaging the wall and the fridge door itself. Jayman is not taking any responsibility for this after numerous emails and calls and speaking to VP no luck. They want everything their way if not they wont fix the issue. We paid lots of money and they still get to make decisions in out home, how is this fair?? Worse customer service from all of the management, they will never take responsibility for their mistake. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

A Simple Request

After weeks of going back and forth with the warranty manager, to come repair a crack that has formed for the third time or so in my stairwell approx four years into the home being built, a service rep offered to come and do what I assumed was assessing and fixing the crack which is from no fault of my own, but according to Jayman from both water loss and settlement. I live out of province these days and have had excellent tenants that maintain the home without question. What I got instead was an email showing photos of the damage I was already aware of and had seen, and the suggestion to use Dap/paint to repair it. A flexible caulking makes a lot more sense and would probably prevent the issue from occurring again, as it has previously been repaired with Dap. All in all, it was a waste of my time arguing back and forth with an extremely rude warranty manager who seemed to just want to blame everyone else and take no responsibility and a service rep who indicated, according to my tenants, that he was "just there to take pictures for my boss." Wow - what great service; something that would probably take you under ten minutes after I made the biggest purchase of my life from you was too much to ask, and I now have to fly out just to do this minuscule job. If this was the service I knew I could expect past the one year warranty window, I would have definitely made another decision in buying this home.

T in Calgary
T in Calgary

Not recommended. they don't hear what you want, they build you what they want.

From start to grading took over year and a half. other builders next to us are doing it all in less than 7 months. the two main features I asked for were missed. overall quality is cheap and hollow. I close the door in the garage and it sets of the alarm in the main door. I can hear my neighbors when they are home. looking to sell and move into a real house. overall very poor.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Frustrated

Extremely frustrated with their service and low quality salesmanship. They tell you all the good stuff about the house. show you everything good with their show homes BUT don't tell you how your own house will be different than the show home. We were not given a microwave and was never mentioned about that being not there during the whole process. I mean such a standard thing in almost all the homes and they didn't not even bother to mention that. Above all most of things were different than what the show home had shown and that's perfectly fine but I would have expect that to be told to me during the sale process rather than just saying at the end that you signed it all.
If its just a matter of signing you don't need your salesman.
Extremely frustrated.

Hi there, we at Jayman BUILT pride ourself in amazing customer service and equally amazing homes. We have built over 26,000 homes in Alberta over the last 38 years. We care about each and every person that joins the Jayman family. Please reach out to us at social@jayman.com so we can look into this matter with you. Thank you, Jayman BUILT Social Team.

Mildred in Calgary
Mildred in Calgary
1 review Edmonton, AB

After move in

They qre very good before move in. Goodluck asking them for services after move in. You would have to follow up many times before its settled. So we end up doing it ourselves! Ask around about them. Specially with the community they are in. Most communities have facebook account. From there you can ask residents with their thoughts.

Hi there, it sounds like you had a frustrating experience with getting service for your home after purchase. We can appreciate that you are disappointed! We'd like to learn more from your experience and see how we can help. Please send us your community name and home address to social@jayman.com so we can connect you to a senior customer experience manager.

Jayman

Purchasing a new home as most will agree is one of the most important purchases we make in our lives. It is also one that can bring stress to even a seasoned purchaser. From the minute my wife and I walked into the Jayman show home in Desrochers Jace Bidwell welcomed us with a professional and personable manner that we have never experienced. Jace made us feel like part of the Jayman family helping us during every step of the process with integrity, compassion and a true sense of caring. We truly look forward to our trips to the show home to see Jace's smiling face greeting us with what ever question we had for her. At no time did we ever feel uncomfortable with what ever questions we presented. Jace is truly on top of her profession and we are grateful that we walked into the show home that day. We walked in looking for a new home and ended up with our dream home along with a very special friend who helped us along our adventure.

Jace is one who truly does care.

Cheryl and Doug

Glass in Edmonton
Glass in Edmonton
1 review , ON

New Home Purchase

We purchased a new home with Jayman and love our home, it was a great price and is high quality. But we specifically have loved our experience. We purchased with Jace and Alec in SW Edmonton. These 2 are amazing! They truly cared about us and wanted to make sure that we were happy and comfortable every step of the way. They got to know us and made us feel like we were working with friends to find a great fit. They worked diligently to ensure that we were in our house in a reasonable time frame. I have heard nightmare stories about building a home - but Jace made our experience seamless and was always on our team making sure things were going as planned. She truly cared about us loving our home and being satisfied even once we had taken possession. We have lived in our home for a year and a half now and she is still always checking in and making sure things are going well, and answers any questions we have. She truly cares about her clients. I would purchase a home from her again. I have built 3 houses with 3 companies and I would recommend Jace and Jayman to anyone. My experience with this purchase was superior to any other level of customer service. Thank you Jace!

We're so glad that you've enjoyed your Jayman experience! We will pass on your kind comments to our sales team who was involved with your home. We look forward to seeing your move-in photos so we can celebrate with you - if you post on social media, post with #myjaymanstory and we will share them forward.

Poor customer service

I bought a house a year ago, very annoying , zero level customer service that I experienced. I would not recommend anyone to buy house from the Jayman builder. thanks

Hi there, it sounds like you had a frustrating experience with buying your home. We can appreciate that you are disappointed! We'd like to learn more from your experience and see how we can help. Please send us your community, home address, and sales manager name to social@jayman.com so we can connect you to a senior customer experience manager.

sheree in
sheree in
1 review Airdrie, AB

Shocking customer service

Bought a home in October, needed some structural fixes that tore up our carpet - told we either want it fixed or not. Want our house graded told we can’t because of frost, season, contractors oh but wait their show homes have had their driveways laid and been graded! What about your customers that have paid you good money - no consideration or respect once they have your money

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing. If you would like to explore your issue further, we encourage you to write to social@jayman.com so we can connect you to a team who can investigate for you.

More about Jayman

For more than thirty-five years, Jayman BUILT has helped customers find their dream homes. As one of Alberta's largest and most respected builders, our industry-leading approach has resulted in an entirely new standard of quality. Jayman defines choice. A home should be a reflection of your personality and your lifestyle. ...
Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?