P & P General Contractors Inc.

Basement Renovation
P & P General Contractors Inc.

Reviews for P & P General Contractors Inc.

Paul in Mississauga
Paul in Mississauga

Master Bathroom

Natanael and his crew, Andres, Mauricio & Virilio did a great job. Natanael provided a very detailed contract and was willing to modify or change thing some minor things as the job progressed. The workmanship was excellent and the project was completed on time. Would highly recommend.

Deniese in Toronto
Deniese in Toronto

Basement Revation

I had a great experience with Javier the 1st time around when I put in hardwood floors. So I decided to use P&P again for my basement reno.

My experience was just a great. My manager on the job, Mauricio is very professional, kept me in the loop on everything, very responsive and available for questions etc.

I will certainly recommend P & P.

Andrew from Mississauga
Andrew from Mississauga

Full basement renovation/finishing

My wife and I were looking to finish the basement at her parents home. We were very involved in building our current home, as well as an extensive renovations in our previous home and rental properties. I have a decent amount of knowledge and experience re: framing/drywall/plumbing/electrical/tiling. I have worked with many contractors/tradespeople in the past and consider myself to be above average in terms of knowledge and experience. Based on my experiences in the past, I have a healthy skepticism for what contractors promise up front and what actually happens on the job site.

For the project, we developed a detailed scope of work and uploaded the project to Homestars, sending it out to 10 or 12 contractors. We had formal bids from 4 companies, who came on site and evaluated the project.

I hired P&P General Contractors for the following reasons:
- Quote was reasonable. Not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive.
- Natanael (head contractor/owner) was very knowledgeable and experienced. His suggestions in terms of tweaking the scope of work was very helpful to maximize space in the basement. For example, he suggested a better solution to the stair configuration than I had proposed, he minimized the location/size of bulkheads for ductwork, he proposed an efficient solution for managing the ill-placed sewer stacks, and he optimized the electrical panel configuration. All his suggestions improved the finished space and decreased or were neutral in terms of cost changes. The estimate was detailed and fair, and was produced very quickly.

After signing the contract and paying a deposit, the work was scheduled for 3 months in the future, which was a good sign the company is in high demand. When work began, the project was completed on time, and on budget. There were essentially no surprises. This was due to the competent initial assessment of the project by Natanael, but also due to the fact that the basement was unfinished, so there was nothing to 'discover' as there might be in a basement where drywall needs to be taken down, etc.

- Mauricio (head foreman/owner) is very competent, extremely polite and explained things very well in terms of construction decisions and work progress. He managed the on site work better than anyone I have worked with. Can't say enough good things about him. I was very impressed.
- The quality of work was excellent. Framing/waterproofing/insulation, plumbing/electrical and the HVAC work was excellent. Great drywall finishing, even in areas which technically couldn't be seen (eg. ceiling in closets and around recessed windows).

Overall impression:

Fantastic company. Honest, competent, hassle free. Wish I had found them sooner for many of my past projects. Keep in mind that I am not some naive client who knows nothing about quality workmanship, but gushes compliments on this site because some contractor was nice to me or whatever.

Eileen in Toronto
Eileen in Toronto

Main and Second Floor Renovation

We hired Natanael and his Team to complete a very large renovation on our home. We are very happy with the quality of the work of Mauricio, Antonio and their Team. They were always polite, respectful, easy to talk to and work with and most importantly they took pride in their work.
An LVL beam was installed to make our first floor open concept. Our Engineer, who has many years of experience told Natanael that this is the best work he has seen!
We met with Natanael on a weekly basis and we were always aware of the progress. When an issue came up, we would meet and Natanael would propose solutions and we would decide on a course of action together. The project was on time as well.
At the end of the renovation we had a few items to be completed and Natanael was quick to arrange for Mauricio to come back. There has always been great communication between Natanael, his Team and us, so even in the future if there were ever any issues I know that they would not hesitate to come to help us.
We have recommended PP to our friends and they have been very happy as well. We highly recommend PP!!
Overall we are so happy that we hired PP for our renovation. It is very difficult to find a great company like this!

Hello Eileen: Many thanks for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Thank you very much for your trust and referrals, we count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future; All the best, Natanael and his team.

John from Oakville
John from Oakville

Kitchen and main foor renovation

We want to thank Natanael, Antonio and the rest of his team at P&P General Contractors for building the kitchen and main floor of our dreams!

For us it was a dream many years in the making. After being burned by working with a terrible contractor on a smaller renovation project, we wanted to make sure we found someone who not only did great work, but was also dependable and ethical. Natanael and his team delivered on this in spades!

After eight weeks of hard work they transformed our 50-year-old main floor by taking out two walls and installing an LVL supporting beam to open up the entire space. Everything from the new solid oak flooring, porcelain tiles floors in our entryway and kitchen, our fabulous new fireplace, to our new kitchen cabinets and island with quartz countertop, ceiling pot lights, new plumbing, and our amazing honeycomb tile backsplash was installed professionally.

The work was done on schedule and on budget. And even though we asked for some major add-ons midway through the project, including a new staircase railing for both the ground floor and basement stairs and new sliding glass doors, the team was able to finish everything within the original schedule.

Natanael would meet with us every week (sometimes even more often) and go over everything that was completed that week, and would explain what would happen during the next phase – all of which was outlined in the detailed work agreement and payment schedule.

Like any large renovation, not everything goes exactly to plan, but when we hit any road bumps (like major plumbing leaks that were hidden in the family room ceiling and walls, or when the location of the range hood on the wall of our kitchen wasn’t correct in the IKEA design and was off centre on the actual wall) Natanael would go away and always come back with great solutions. His entire team was courteous and friendly and a pleasure to work with.

While we were ecstatic to have our new main floor done on time and looking sensational, by the end of the renovation, we were actually sad to have to say goodbye to Natanael (his laughter is infectious) and his workers, who always went above and beyond in their work.

Natanael was at our house nearly every day during the renovation and actually installed the flooring and kitchen cabinets himself. An expert with Ikea kitchen cabinets, he planned out the best way to make the most of the space we had and customize the layout to our taste (for example, I ordered a pullout spice rack cabinet from Amazon and Natanael incorporated it into the wall of IKEA cabinets and it looks amazing.)

We can’t wait for Natanael and his team to return so they can tackle our next project to completely renovate out upstairs bathrooms.

Hello John: Many thanks for such a beautiful 10-stars review, we really enjoyed working with you and we are specially glad to hear we met your expectations, we worked really hard to make you happy, guys....you are lovers of quality and detailed, as well as kind and friendly...so very, very happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thank you so much!! We'll keep in touch and looking forward to start the bathrooms reno... All the best, Natanael and his crew.

JuneC from Toronto
JuneC from Toronto

Main Bloor & Bathroom Renovation

Well, he’s done it again. Three years ago I contract Natanael to convert my unfinished basement into a rental unit. He did an amazing job and I’ve had no issues whatsoever with that unit. So this year when I ready to upgrade my kitchen, living, dining and bathroom and didn’t think twice about having Natanael’s company, P&P General Contractors Inc. do it. I’m so pleased with the results of the transformation.
Natanael & his lead on this job Andres, were a pleasure to work with, the crew were on time, polite and always cleaned up at the end of the day. Although I added a few last minute changes to the original plan, the work was completed on time just before I left for vacation. I would not hesitate in recommending P&P to anyone. Check out the awesome pics!
June

Hello June: Many thanks for your kind words and beautiful pictures, it is always a great pleasure to work for you...we are very grateful for having customers like you. We thank you so much for your trust and for the excellent working relationship, and please never hesitate to give us a shout when you need our services. We'll keep in touch...All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Preuss
Preuss

Extensive kitchen makeover

We hired P&P after much research. Some contractors would not show up for the quote as scheduled, others would not do structural work, others did not seem as organised as the job required them to be. Natanael's quote was very detailed, he was the only contractor to mention we had to get an engineer to do the structural project for taking walls down and get a permit and he actually responded to our emails (which was not the case for most of the others).

So after over a year from the original quote, we reached out to Natanael again. He was always responsive and punctual. Our kitchen renovation was scheduled to start two months after we signed the contract. It started as scheduled and, to our happy surprise (considering our previous experiences and our friends warnings), it finished as scheduled!

We had weekly meetings with Natanael (at 7am because it was when we were available), when we had the chance to go through all that was being done, all that would get done in the following week and troubleshoot anything that came up. Having these meetings really helped us feeling confident the result would be the best possible. Natanael, together with Rafael, ensured the deadline would be met, even after we added a lot to the original job (we basically ended up renovating the entire floor).

The team was lead by Rafael, who was amazing, and included many helpers and specialists as needed. One day there were four guys assembling our cabinets to make sure they were done on schedule! They also brought an electrician in a few times, a dedicated taper (didn't even know that was a thing), the countertop guys, a team of painters and everything was coordinated perfectly. Even when they had to delay installing the drywall for a day because the city asked for an unplanned plumbing inspection they were able to stick to the timeline.

They were always friendly and easy to deal with, available and patient with our questions and concerns. They quickly found solutions for problems they could not have predicted and made sure to reach out to us and put us in the loop of any issues or changes. We are looking forward to hiring them again as soon as we can afford to renovate other parts of the house.

Hello Mrs/Mr. Preuss: Many thanks for such a beautiful feedback, we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much for the opportunity, for your trust, and politeness....we truly enjoyed working with you, and we look forward for the upcoming renovation project. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Dan and Lisa in Toronto
Dan and Lisa in Toronto

Second floor renovation

We’d been dreading the disruption of renovating the second floor bedrooms in our 1929 era house for a couple of years, but P + P contractors made the job go super smoothly!
We needed to replace our creaky and slanted 90 year-old hardwood floors, and repair the crumbling plaster walls in the hallway. We opted while we were at it to install new doors and trim, remove two bedroom closets (for built-in custom wardrobes), combine a bedroom closet and hall cupboard into a larger linen closet, relocate our attic hatch, paint and replace light fixtures.
Natanael provided us with excellent suggestions during our initial meeting, such as replacing the handrail and banister, and suggesting a design for the new linen closet. It was clear to us he is a practical thinker who knows building codes well.
He was involved throughout the project, consulting with us on Fridays for weekly for project update meetings. He kept us informed about how they planned to level the subfloor, and when the workers discovered a nail through an electrical wire behind the wall, arranged to install an additional light switch and outlet to solve the problem.
Natanael also had an excellent sense of how to preserve the look of our older home. We appreciated that he would offer us choices between two or three options, all in keeping with the style of our house, which made decision-making quick and easy rather than overwhelming. We are thrilled with how everything looks now!
Javier, Natanael’s assistant, kept things on track day-to-day. He is very positive and professional. These workers were VERY tidy, keeping the dust under miraculous control, and disposing of waste as they went— very important in our small house, since we lived at home throughout the job. We were amazed at how precisely they managed the damaged plaster—other contractors have refused work for us before, fearing that once they started, the whole lot would crumble. But Javier and his colleagues were completely unfazed, and did precise and careful work. We love our new walls!
We have found it hard to find contractors willing to do medium sized jobs in the past, and would definitely hire these guys again. The project finished precisely on time, and on budget. Many thanks, guys!

Hello Lisa & Dan: Many thanks for your kind words. It was a challenging project but we are so satisfied with the results and so glad to hear we met your expectations. We truly enjoyed working with you guys, many thanks for your kindness, your trust, and for always being open to our ideas/suggestions. Please enjoy your beautifully renovated home and we look forward to have the pleasure to work together again in the future. All the best, Natanael and his team.

Shirley in Toronto
Shirley in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation Project

We were looking for a contractor to complete a kitchen renovation in our 1950's bungalow. P&P General Contractors were recommended to me by a co-worker. We asked them to submit a quote and I was immediately impressed with how much time Natanael took in reviewing the job. He asked lots of questions and made suggestions that were helpful. I had already decided that I wanted an Ikea kitchen and he was available to assist us with the design and selection using the online planning tool from Ikea.
They started the job on June 28th and finished on July 20th. The project was completed on time and on budget. Raphael, Antonio and the team did a great job and worked long hours to complete the job in three weeks as quoted. The crew was very tidy and stopped at intervals to clean up the mess so it kept the dust down, which we really appreciated.
I would strongly recommend this company- especially if you are planning to install an Ikea kitchen because they are very experienced with the product.

Hello Shirley: Many thanks for your kind words and referral.....so glad to hear we met your expectations, it was great pleasure to work for you...Enjoy your kitchen!!!! All the best, Natanael and his crew.

rod_butler2000 from Toronto
rod_butler2000 from Toronto

Basement Renovation

My wife and I did a lot of research for a potential contractor to finish our basement and we were immediately drawn to the overwhelming number of positive Homestars reviews for P&P.

Our experience was 100% aligned with these other positive experiences:

-Natanael's (the owner) quote was thorough, broken down by activity and very reasonable. The contract was clear on benchmarks and deliverables.

-For items/activities where we wanted to adjust the scope of the contract, Natanael was INCREDIBLY patient and presented us with a range of options. As homeowners who had never undertook a renovation of this scale, he was flexible, fair and completely transparent.

-For the job itself, the primary contractor was Javier and he was fantastic. He listened to what we wanted, provided possible alternatives when what we wanted was not possible and his work was excellent. Also, I can't emphasize this point enough, he was really great to deal with: his sense of humour, his consideration for our property, his integrity, all of it. When you're inviting people into your home to do a job, I really underestimated how much that mattered, but after dealing with a variety of other companies for different aspects of this project, it was nice to be able to let our guard down a bit, know we were in good hands and the job would be completed to our complete satisfaction.

In short, Natanael and his team at P&P stay on budget, stick to the schedule and do really, really great work. We would use them again without question.

Rod Butler

Hello Jess & Rod: Many thanks for your kind words....our customer satisfaction is always our top priority, but I have to say we really did our best in your project in response to the trust you guys placed in us, so we are truly happy having met your expectations, and once again we thank you so much for the confidence and the opportunity. Looking forward to work together again in the near future; all the best, Natanael and his team.

More about P & P General Contractors Inc.

P&P General Contractors Inc. is a family owned and operated business with excellent references provided by many satisfied customers. With more than 15 years of experience and many satisfied customers our company is strongly committed to provide high quality of craftsmanship to each and every customer.

P & P General Contractors Inc. is a licensed company and for our customer's protection we carry both liability and worker's compensation insurance on all our workers and subcontractors. We are a start to finish company and we stand behind all projects performed and backs them with a full 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

We take pride in our perform, thus our customers can always be assured that only the most experienced and qualified people are serving them. Our top priority is our customers satisfaction and our teams objective is to transform your renovation wish list into a reality.