HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Oakville  >  P & P General Contractors Inc.

Reviews for P & P General Contractors Inc.

Vaughan Homeowner

I know I have written multiple reviews on Homestars over the past while though this one certainly hits closest to home. My wife and I were looking to renovate approx. 85% of our home as we felt it was time to increase the efficiency and update the overall look from what was built 15 years ago. We proceeded with our due diligence interviewing the 3 highest ranked Contractors on Homestars and without question, we decided to go with P&P immediately after our initial consultation. We fully understood there was a lot of work we needed to accomplish and a tight timeline as we were hoping to complete it all before the Holiday Season. Natanael provided a 9 week timeframe and 2 versions of a detailed quote in order to meet our budget. My wife and I wanted to be very involved in the project as we did have a preference for a Classical/Contemporary look we wanted to achieve. Natanael embraced the opportunity and he and his Crew worked tirelessly day in and day out, sometimes putting in up to 12 hours in a workday in order to meet quoted milestones. My wife and I work from home so we both had to make the necessary adjustments during the Reno though the crew was very receptive and accommodating to whatever requests we made throughout. During the project, it became more of a passion for all of us involved as we became highly engaged with Natanael and his crew. They’re all Talented, Hardworking and Dynamic people in their own right and at times, mind blowing to watch work altogether. To make things more interesting we opted for special Extras within the project milestones in order to capitalize on key opportunities and increase our home’s overall configuration and efficiency. The timing of the extras were rewarded with wholesale-like pricing which included: removing additional walls, laying extended tile flooring, replacing and installing appliances and the mounting of a 120lb foyer chandelier from a support beam within the ceiling. From the Core Crew to the extended Counter, Staircase, Cabinetry, Tile, Electrical and Painting Team(s) respectively, it was systematic poetry in motion with Natanael supporting the project the entire way. Other core Team members included Andreas (Project Manager) and Antonio (Plaster and Drywall Specialist) whom without doubt became like extended family to us. The project concluded with Brandon and Xavier “The Painters,” not only doing their jobs though also timing and helping us move our new furniture as it was arriving so there was no scuffing or marks to their finished work. By the end of the project we were ordering lunch together and even exchanged Holiday gifts. Of course, Natanael arrived at the end with a special gift from both him and his beloved wife and EA Ilemis. Words can never truly describe the appreciation we still feel for what Natanael and his Team provided and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending P&P for anyone who is serious about Quality Craftsmanship and Passion for Excellence on renovation work provided. I guess I should also mention he included a deluxe Laundry Room during the project for no additional charge and I’m sorry Natanael if this puts you in an imposition during upcoming projects though we couldn’t keep that a secret even if we tried. Many thanks and lots of love to the entire Crew. Please give our best to Omar as the Staircase looks Incredible!

Thorny in Mississauga

Nathaniel’s and his crew in Mississauga did a fantastic job. They were very professional, hard working. I’m very impressed overall. They were polite and I wish all renovations company, work just as they did. Javier and Tony were very friendly. They cleaned up rightly before they left I was given the fully details as how everything was done. Definitely, I will recommend this company. Amazing job P & P !

Hello Thorny: Many thanks for your kind words, it was a great pleasure to work for you, and we look forward to next renovation project. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Makeda in Toronto

I recently had a slow leak in my basement bathroom in the ceiling and had been on google for days searching for reliable contractor who was affordable and provided great work. I then came across P & P renovations and it was the best decision that I made. The contractors that came on-site were helpful, understanding and consistent with their work. They came on-site and assesses the situation in a timely manner and provide me the best solution. The cost was more than affordable and the service was impeccable. I even offered to cook the contractors dinner because I was so impressed what they’re work ethic. The guys on the team are friendly and explained everything that was going on each day so I knew what was happening. The cleanup was even better they left my bathroom in the best shape. I appreciate all the work these men did. And I HIGHLY recommend their services if you are looking for true workmanship! If

Hello Makeda: Many thanks for your kind words, you are very thoughtful, we really thank you for your kindness and trust.... we are so pleased to hear you are satisfied with our work and we look forward to working together again in the near future. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

BrandonM in Mississauga

Natanael and his crew did an excellent job on our basement bathroom. We needed something a bit more modern and more functional. We gave Natanael an idea of what we wanted and he took it even one step more!

The entire team was very easy to work with and great house guest! Through out the whole Reno our house remained clean and everything in our house was still functional.

We are so pleased with our new bathroom. We’ve already recommended them to our some of close friends and will for sure be using them in the near future!

Thanks P&P Renovations!

Hello Brandon: Many thanks for your lovely words.... we always work hard to meet our customers expectations, so happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thank you so much for the referrals!!! We can't wait for the upcoming renovation project....All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Manuel Marrero from Vaughn

I am very satisfied with the job done by P & P Renovations. The entire project was completed on time. Great supervision by Natanael, very professional, they were always on time.
I will absolutely recommend their services and also hire them again for any future projects.

Hello Manuel: Many thanks for your kind words, it is always a great pleasure to work for you, and we look forward to the next renovation project. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Judi in Mississauga

this past december i hired p&p to redo my bathroom i couldnt be happier with the work done our bathroom looks very moder and super amazing my favourite thing being the steam system installed inside the showe .
the team in charge of javier and rafael are excellent workers working extremely hard day in and day out for 10 hours and were able to finish on time right before the christmas break whic was very convinient for me.they are as proffessonial and cordial as they come as well as paitient and helpful.ONe thing that was specially impressing was the level of detail orientation in job specially on the tile work which was superb.working with pp make your renovating experience extremely pleasant much and i wouldnt hesitate using them and recommending them highly to anyone

Hello Judi: Many thanks for such a lovely feedback and pictures, we really enjoyed your bathroom renovation, honestly there was a good feeling from the very beginning and we always agreed on the ideas and final design for your renovated bathroom, that was amazing!!!.... very glad to hear you are happy with the final result....Enjoy and relax in your steam shower!!! All the best, Natanael and the rest of the P & P team.

1 review , ON

I want to first apologize to P&P Renovations for taking a while to write this review after completion of my ensuite bathroom but I must express just how thrilled I am with the results. I had the pleasure of working with Rafael and Javier who were always prompt, professional and courteous. Even though I don’t know much about construction, Rafael provided me with an on-site progress report at the end of every Friday. That made me feel confident and comfortable knowing that I had someone on site who didn’t cut corners and could provide a thorough explanation for every step along the way. I was also very grateful for their honesty in helping me make decisions quickly by offering efficient solutions when unforeseen issues arose. I now have a beautiful bathroom that gets complemented on by everyone who sees it. I highly recommend P&P Renovations and will definitely be using them again for future projects. Thank you very much!

Hello there: Many thanks for your beautiful comments and amazing pictures, we really loved your new bathroom.... it is gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the opportunity. We really appreciate your trust, kindness, and friendly communication...it was a great pleasure to work for you. Thank you and we look forward to the upcoming renovation project. All the best, Natanael and the rest of the P & P team.

Maria in Toronto

Thank you for your great job! We got the reference of P&P renovations from a very close friend. The choice that we made in selecting this company was the best one since we were able to choose our budget based on various options for materials and quality ranges. The work was completed on time and all of the guidelines stipulated in the contract were respected from the beginning. Also, Natanael and his team made sure they didn’t damage my floor and they left my home completely clean after the work was finished, something most companies never do, at least not in my prior experiences. I highly recommend the work of this company. I am sure that if I ever require further services, I will request their work.

Hello Maria: Thank you so much for such a great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us; and we love the pictures, thank you so much. So glad to hear you are another satisfied customer, and we also count ourselves lucky for customers like you. Many thanks!!! We look forward to working with you again in the future!! All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Liset from Mississauga

We have used P & P Renovations twice and would never use anyone else. Could not be happier with the results. Natanael and his crew are very professional. They went way beyond our expectations, elected colors were just the right for me. My deck looks beautiful ! The most efficient and honest company. I highly recommend them. Super friendly and accommodating! Our backyard is amazing now!
You're all the best

Hello Liset: Many thanks for the awesome feedback and pictures, we truly enjoy working for you.....thank you so much for your kindness and trust, we really appreciate you always counting on us for your renovation projects....We would love to continue making your renovation dreams come true!!! All the best, Natanael and the rest of the P & P team.

S. Hdez in Mississauga

We want to thank you to Mauricio’s team for the excellent work you did on our kitchen remodel and powder room. Hiring P&P to work on our house was absolutely the right decision. Andres, Antonio and Mauricio who worked on the flooring, plumbling, electric and painting were professional and efficient, and the quality of the work far exceeded our expectations. We would be happy to recommend P&P to future customer.
Congratulations Natanael !!! You really have a great company with a professional crew. We are so happy with our kitchen.
THANKS EVERYONE

Hello Mrs. Hdez: Many thanks for the great review!! It means a lot to us that you took the time to share your experience working with us. We are so happy to hear you loved our work.... as always, helping our customers is our top priority. Thank you so much and we look forward to the next renovation project. All the best, Natanael and the P & P team.

More about P & P General Contractors Inc.

P&P Renovations is a family owned and operated business with excellent references provided by many satisfied customers.

Why you should finish your basement?

National home improvement studies have consistently proven that the most effective way to add value dollar to dollar on your home is to finish your unused basement space. 1/3 of your home is in your basement. Why leave 1/3 of your usable space unusable? Don't, its that simple. If you pay 350k+ for you home why would you not spend that extra 20-40k to add 1/3 more usable space. Why not have sanctuaries for your kids to run off to where they don't need constant supervision or an area where you can just hang out? An area customized to your own liking.

To finish a basement from scratch usually runs between $15,000 and $40,000+ depending on the finishing and whether you want to install a bathroom and kitchen.

Example: Finding the true value of a finished basement

Lets use the high end scenario now to see where the value lies. You spend $40,000 to finish say 1,500 sq ft basement with kitchen and bathroom installed. However you spent 400,000 to purchase the new home in general. We will deduct 100,000 for the exterior construction and the land. This leaves you with $300,000 to finish two floors. $150,000 per floor. $150,000 per floor!! To bring the basement en par with the other floors would only cost you 1/4 of that price. What a massive discount. However you spend $40,000 on the basement but now your property value increases by $75,000 bringing a dollar on dollar return of almost 100%.

That is an amazing $35,000 return on investment. Forget the return on investment you now have an investment that does not deteriorate with time but only increases and you just added 1/3 space that you can use in the meantime!!

Pay for the basement either through your cash, line of credit, or whatever. As soon the renovations are done, re P&P Painting and Renovation praise the house. The value would have significantly increased. Refinance your mortgage and pull the amount you put into the renovations out. Pay your bills and leave the rest of the value in the house. Total net, anywhere from $15,000-$40,000 after renovations costs. And now you have more usable space until you decide to sell.

We all hear people talking about properties that would be good flip properties, properties that they can renovate and add value to. Why look for those properties when your property is just waiting to go up in value. 90% of basement eventually become finished basements whether its you or the next homeowner or the next someone will finish that basement why not make it you and recoup not only the investment but the real living space in the meantime.

We are expert basement finishers and we can show you how to ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOME contact us now! Estimate Request.
or fax: (905) 230-5134