P & P General Contractors Inc.

Basement Renovation
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Oakville  >  P & P General Contractors Inc.

Reviews for P & P General Contractors Inc.

Shirley in Toronto
Shirley in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation Project

We were looking for a contractor to complete a kitchen renovation in our 1950's bungalow. P&P General Contractors were recommended to me by a co-worker. We asked them to submit a quote and I was immediately impressed with how much time Natanael took in reviewing the job. He asked lots of questions and made suggestions that were helpful. I had already decided that I wanted an Ikea kitchen and he was available to assist us with the design and selection using the online planning tool from Ikea.
They started the job on June 28th and finished on July 20th. The project was completed on time and on budget. Raphael, Antonio and the team did a great job and worked long hours to complete the job in three weeks as quoted. The crew was very tidy and stopped at intervals to clean up the mess so it kept the dust down, which we really appreciated.
I would strongly recommend this company- especially if you are planning to install an Ikea kitchen because they are very experienced with the product.

Hello Shirley: Many thanks for your kind words and referral.....so glad to hear we met your expectations, it was great pleasure to work for you...Enjoy your kitchen!!!! All the best, Natanael and his crew.

rod_butler2000 from Toronto
rod_butler2000 from Toronto

Basement Renovation

My wife and I did a lot of research for a potential contractor to finish our basement and we were immediately drawn to the overwhelming number of positive Homestars reviews for P&P.

Our experience was 100% aligned with these other positive experiences:

-Natanael's (the owner) quote was thorough, broken down by activity and very reasonable. The contract was clear on benchmarks and deliverables.

-For items/activities where we wanted to adjust the scope of the contract, Natanael was INCREDIBLY patient and presented us with a range of options. As homeowners who had never undertook a renovation of this scale, he was flexible, fair and completely transparent.

-For the job itself, the primary contractor was Javier and he was fantastic. He listened to what we wanted, provided possible alternatives when what we wanted was not possible and his work was excellent. Also, I can't emphasize this point enough, he was really great to deal with: his sense of humour, his consideration for our property, his integrity, all of it. When you're inviting people into your home to do a job, I really underestimated how much that mattered, but after dealing with a variety of other companies for different aspects of this project, it was nice to be able to let our guard down a bit, know we were in good hands and the job would be completed to our complete satisfaction.

In short, Natanael and his team at P&P stay on budget, stick to the schedule and do really, really great work. We would use them again without question.

Rod Butler

Hello Jess & Rod: Many thanks for your kind words....our customer satisfaction is always our top priority, but I have to say we really did our best in your project in response to the trust you guys placed in us, so we are truly happy having met your expectations, and once again we thank you so much for the confidence and the opportunity. Looking forward to work together again in the near future; all the best, Natanael and his team.

Inna S from Thornhill
Inna S from Thornhill

Finished Basement and Walk-in Closet

P&P General Contractors were recommended to us by a friend. Natanael and his team did extensive renovations in his bungalow (main floor and basement). We were very impressed with the work at our friend’s house and decided to hire P&P to finish our basement and to create a new large walk-in closet in our upstairs bedroom.

The work that Natanael and his team did by far exceeded all our expectations. We could not be happier with how everything turned out – the basement and the walk-in closet look stunning and they turned out exactly how we envisioned them when we did the planning. Specifically, the work in our basement included large TV room, bedroom, kitchen, gym, laundry, washroom and multiple finished storage areas.

Our day-to-day onsite manager was Rafael. Working with him was an absolute pleasure. He is very experienced, talented, efficient, polite, patient and hardworking. His attention to detail and his expertise produced fantastic results. Unmatched workmanship. All the advice and suggestions that Rafael provided to us throughout the project made us feel like we had our house in a great and safe set of hands.

There were so many things that made this team great. Below are some of the examples:
A) We asked Natanael to start the project on a specific date a few months out. Natanael was able to accommodate this exactly and work started on the date that we had requested. Importantly, renovations finished on time and consistent with agreed timetable. If the team was ever falling behind, they would come in on the weekend to catch up.
B) Natanael prepares a very detailed scope of work. The contract also includes very exact and transparent payment schedule tied to completion of specific components of the project. This gave us a lot of comfort. Every single detail was accounted for and clearly spelled out in the contract.
C) Every Thursday morning (at 6am to accommodate our schedule!) we would meet with Natanael and Rafael to discuss every aspect of the work and plan for the upcoming seven days. These meetings were very important to us and provided a forum to discuss how the project was progressing, make decisions on upcoming work, discuss selection of materials/designs and discuss upcoming schedule. We always felt that we knew exactly when and how things were going to happen.
D) The team is extremely hard working. They start early in the day and work full days. We were amazed with the pace of progress every single day.
E) Natanael and Rafael are available for questions and discussion at all times. They are extremely responsive (including weekends or afterhours when not on site). Top marks in this regard – it made a huge difference to us as our questions were answered promptly.
F) The team is obsessively focused on delivering top quality finished product. They go out of their way to make sure the final product looks great even if it means redoing some parts of the work. This team does not take any shortcuts. For example, they reconfigured our shower ceiling after Natanael thought the initial work had room for improvement. This was just one example and this team consistently looked for ways to improve final results.
G) We really enjoyed how creative this team is. Natanael and Rafael gave us a lot of ideas throughout the project, all of which were very helpful, including things that we would not think about ourselves. For example, Natanael had great suggestions on how to optimize the storage space in the various available pockets throughout the basement. Rafael patiently helped us with the layout and design of the kitchen leveraging his experience, which made a big difference when working with third party cabinets company.
H) No challenge is ever an issue for this team. Our basement door to the outside had a builder defect and was placed too low – the team worked for half a day to raise it to the right level by reconfiguring a portion of the exterior brick wall. In the end, looking from the outside you would never tell the wall was adjusted.
I) The work site was always kept very clean. At the end of every day, the team would clean up the site and vacuum the floors. We were very impressed with this.

We can go on and on. Everyday this team delivered above and beyond our expectations. Natanael, Rafael, Antonio and Andreas were all great. Other trades that P&P used were also all excellent and impressive – Brendon (painter), Manuael and Michel (electrictians) to name a few.

We highly recommend P&P General Contractors for any home improvement project. You cannot go wrong with them!

Hello Inna & Dzmitry: We can't thank you enough for such a beautiful feedback, so happy to hear we hit the mark for you...we work really hard in your project so your kind words mean a lot to us...thank you so much for the opportunity, your trust and kindness.....we have to say your basement is beautiful!!!... so Enjoy it!!! All the best, Natanael and his team.

Michael in
Michael in

Amazing Kitchen and Bathroom Reno

I can't recommend P&P more highly (and I've worked with a lot of contractors). Natanael, Javier and the entire team are extremely skilled craftsmen who take pride in what they do. They renovated our entire first floor including our kitchen, installing a new powder room, new siding, and doing a structural adjustment to the back of our house to get an oversized sliding door on.

They will treat your home like it is their own. When unexpected challenges arise, they find creative, thoughtful solutions. They are extremely hard workers and do everything possible to hit timelines. They also care a lot about how everything looks and will make sure to do things right so that the job looks great too. I've never had contractrors who cared more about how the finishings looked than I did!

Oh, and all of their sub-trades are great too. This is important and I didn't appreciate how helpful this would be - Natanael has a great team of painters, plumbers, electricians, roofers and anyone else needed to get your job done. And he makes sure they show up quickly and do a great job too.

Honestly, you can't do better than working with P&P. They are great in every possible way. I feel lucky to have found them.

Thank you Natanael, Javier, and the entire P&P team. I hope to work with you again soon!

Hello Michael: Many thanks for your kind words to our team, we really appreciate the opportunity and are so glad to hear we met your expectations; thank you so much for the good connection from the very beginning, for your kindness and trust....we really enjoyed working for you, and we look forward to the next renovation project; all the best, Natanael and the rest of the P & P team.

Wensing in Milton
Wensing in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Basement Finishing with full bathroom

We couldn’t be more happy with the professionalism, efficiency, timeliness and friendliness we had having P&P finish our basement. Always on time, on schedule, available and willing to answer any questions. The workmanship and on site daily clean up showed pride and a truly professional work ethic. We would recommend P&P to family and friends. We are already starting to plan our next Reno project with P&P.

Hello Alfred: Many thanks for your kind words, it was a great pleasure to work for you...thank you so much for your trust and referrals, and we look forward to start our new renovation project together; All the best, Natanael and his team.

Susy in
Susy in

Basement Reno: Legal Suite & Play Area

My project was to finish my basement: 2/3 would be dedicated as a separate legal suite, 1/3 as an open area for my family. <1200 sqr ft of living space in total.

It took me nearly 1 year to find the 'right' contractor for my project. I interviewed many! Natanael stood out. He provided the most thorough quote! AND came prepared with THREE pages of references. He was also very responsive & flexible.

Natanael and team were FANTASTIC! They were professional, always on time, worked full days, and cleaned up at the end of each day... At times, they even stayed late to ensure they remain on schedule. At all times, we were kept informed and involved in the construction. My baby was a few mos old when we started the project, and Natanael was very mindful of the noise level & dust etc. He would work around the baby's nap time, and made every effort to keep the house as clean and dust-free as possible!

In terms of quality of work - where do I start?!?! Natanael's attention to detail is impeccable. He notices everything. And given his experience, he provided a lot of recommendations that helped us save time & money as well as beautify & maximize our living space.

Natanael also worked on other things around the house for us, and we will be hiring him again soon to update our laundry room.

His expertise, exceptional quality of work, dedicated team, and most importantly, his honesty is so hard to find in a contractor. We are SO happy to have worked with him and his team and would recommend him a thousand times over.

Thank you Natanael!

From Susy & Jason

Hello Susy & Jason: Many, many thanks for such a lovely feedback...you made my day with such beautiful words....thank you so much for your trust, for the open communication and for the excellent relationship, we are so blessed for having customers like you guys... so kind, easy to work with, and polite...definitely we will miss you and we look forward to having the pleasure to work together again in the near future...always remember we are here to help!!. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

Allan in Mississauga
Allan in Mississauga

2 Master Bathroom plus additional office

This is 2nd time for me to work with P&P for home renovation. 5 years ago, they finished my basement. This time, I quota few times with Mr. Perera since the whole job (2 big bathrooms plus closet area re-lay out) was a little complicate to me. Natanael visited my home for several times and patiently understood my thoughts. He contributed his ideas as well to make the whole plan even better. Based on the great experience in the past and the process of quotation, I eventually set the firm decision to hire P&P again.

Nantanael and his crew (Maricio and Antonio) always came on time, covered all the hall way and stairs and cleaned the work site as much as they can before they left. They were very easy to work with and worked professionally. After 5 weeks, I got the expected result, I would say exceed my expectation – 2 new big master rooms (shower + tub) and also extend to have an additional work office room, with great quality and nice design. They even fixed the doors in my master bed room.

After works, I raised few minor concerns that I even didn't care about much myself and I just expect they can drop by when they are not busy. But I couldn't believe Maricio just came back after one day and fixed the things quickly.

I think all I did is that I made a right decision to hire the right contractor to get the job done right. Nothing else will be more important than that.

Thank you very much for all the great efforts, Natanael and his team.

Hello Allan: Many thanks for your kind words, we truly appreciate your loyalty...giving us the opportunity to work together in your renovation projects....so glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. It is always a great pleasure to work for you. All the best, Natanael and his team.

Armen in Toronto
Armen in Toronto

Main floor Demolition and full renovation

My wife and I did more than our due diligence in researching a contractor for the renovation of our home.

We interviewed 14 different contractors over several weeks. We used HomeStars, other directories and word of mouth referrals determine the ones we were interested in and ultimately had each over to our house to walk through the project. We were baffled at the variety of quotes we received and the approaches that we met with.

Unequivocally, Natanael and Rafael stood out as distinctly superior.
Superior in their affability, professionalism and honesty.

They were the only company to lay out a detailed, itemized scope of work categorized by area of work (demolition, framing, electrical, plumbing etc)

They were the only company to lay out a payment schedule based on projected completion of work not on arbitrary percentages (what does 25% completion mean anyway?). They did not take a large up-front deposit but rather had initial payments made for material purchase once the project had started.

Rafael was on site every single day and did not take on other projects throughout the duration of our contract. Natanael and Rafael were extremely available by phone, text and email.

We met every Friday with both Natanael and Rafael to walk through the project and discuss issues as they arose. Any issues that arose (needing to move a stack, knob and tube electrical more extensive than our home inspection had let on) had options for resolution and were demonstrated physically on those Fridays. As such we were in control of the What, When and Why of our reno. We never felt betrayed or misled.

Rafael introduced himself to our neighbours on both sides and made himself available to them if they had questions or concerns.

In the end both neighbours were so impressed by Rafael and his team that they asked for Rafael's number for work on their homes.

Their workmanship was meticulous and the finish excellent. Rafael even came back after the project was completed to install shelves we got made into our marble backsplash.

Choosing a contractor to work on your home, with all the cost and emotional investment, leaves you vulnerable. Natanael and Rafael made us feel comfortable and confident. We feel fortunate to have picked them because of the horror stories we've heard people go through.

Hello Armen: Thank you very much for the awesome review, we worked really hard in your project to meet your expectations so we are so happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Many thanks!!!! We count ourselves very lucky for customers like you. Looking forward to have the pleasure to work together again in the near future, all the best, Natanael and his crew.

Marissa in Toronto
Marissa in Toronto

Kitchen/Laundry Reno - Incl. Insulation

P&P just finished doing a project at my house. The purpose of the project was insulation in 3 rooms, however, I ended up with a beautiful kitchen and laundry room in the process. My house is over 100 years old and has always been very cold. I was in great need of insulation in my Kitchen, Laundry room and the basement back room (below the kitchen). My pipes were freezing during extreme cold in my kitchen and laundry room. I held off doing a reno for years because I was very nervous as I knew it would be a big job and I didn’t know any highly recommended contractors who I could trust with this project.
I finally decided to go through with it and interviewed 4 contractors. I found Natanael very detailed and thorough from the beginning and his price was very fair. Natanael told me that the project would take 5 weeks and that is exactly how long it took and it stayed on budget. I was very impressed with the 2 guys (Javier and Antonio) who Natanael sent to tackle the job. They were on time and worked very long days to get the job done. Javier was the project manager and was at my house every morning and Antonio helped him. They cleaned up at the end of every day and never left a mess. They had to gut my kitchen and laundry room. Javier and Natanael over saw all the workmen, including, the electrician, insulation guys, painters, countertop guys etc. Plus they had the electrical inspected. My kitchen and laundry room were completely dismantled and put back together beautifully and the end result is stunning. Natanael, visited every Friday and inspected the work and told me what the plan was for the following week. He was very detailed and extremely organized. Javier was very thorough in his work and paid a lot of attention to detail. There were things that I added to the scope along the way like wainscoting and a new back door in the basement, that the guys easily accommodated and fit into the schedule. There was also an issue with my original sink not being centered under the window. Funny, I never noticed how bad it was until I got a new bigger sink and the cupboards were put back in place. I spoke with Javier and he was able to help rearrange cupboards and deviate from the original plan for the dishwasher and sink, just so the sink, the pendant light above it and the window on the wall, were all lined up. I was so relieved.
All the workmen that were sourced from Natanael were very professional, polite and very talented. Everybody worked well together and were able to keep to the schedule.
I really enjoyed working with Natanael and Javier and will work with them again in the future. I highly recommend them. My kitchen is a thing of beauty and the rooms are so much warmer. My friends and family are also very impressed with the work done.
Note: in the pictures that the yellow kitchen is the 'before' picture. I couldn't rearrange the order of them.

Hello Marissa: Many thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time out of your day to share this beautiful review and pictures, we really appreciate it. We truly enjoyed working with you.... thank you so much for counting on us for your renovation project and we look forward to have the opportunity again in the future. All the best, Natanael and his team.

Aaron in Scarborough
Aaron in Scarborough

Basement reno

P & P recently finished some renovation work on our basement: walls, ceilings, insulation, electrical. We're really happy with the work of Rafael and his team. They arrived early every day and always kept us appraised of the progress and schedule. The original timeline was 3 weeks, which they met even though we added a few extras along the way. They went the extra mile, raising the level of a support beam when I started hitting my head on it and fixing some possibly unrelated electrical issues upstairs in the kitchen.

The basement looks great now and is much warmer and we would definitely use P&P again in the future.

Hello Aaron: Thank you very much for such a great review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us, we count ourselves so lucky for customer like you. Many thanks!!! and we look forward to working with you again in the future. All the best, Natanael and his crew.

More about P & P General Contractors Inc.

P&P General Contractors Inc. is a family owned and operated business with excellent references provided by many satisfied customers. With more than 15 years of experience and many satisfied customers our company is strongly committed to provide high quality of craftsmanship to each and every customer.

P & P General Contractors Inc. is a licensed company and for our customer's protection we carry both liability and worker's compensation insurance on all our workers and subcontractors. We are a start to finish company and we stand behind all projects performed and backs them with a full 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

We take pride in our perform, thus our customers can always be assured that only the most experienced and qualified people are serving them. Our top priority is our customers satisfaction and our teams objective is to transform your renovation wish list into a reality.