HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  Done Right Roofing

Reviews for Done Right Roofing

mopitz
mopitz

Roof replacement

From the first call to the in home quote, Done Right Roofing was professional courteous and knowledgeable. As soon as Mike left our house my wife said “I really like him” as did I. We were talked through the steps, got confirmation all throughout the process of what was going on and overall got fantastic service. I highly recommend Done Right Roofing!

Thank you for the kind words and, of course, for choosing Done Right for your roofing project!

Frew in Calgary
Frew in Calgary

New roof and eaves-troughs

It was time, I dreaded this ordeal but I needed a new roof and eaves-troughs (gutters). I called around and contacted a few companies for quotes. Darcy with Done Right Roofing (DDR) was EXCELLENT. He was the first to reply and also the first to make an appointment with me. Darcy was great; on time, very informative and gave me a great roofing mini education. I called back a few times and each time he spent the time answering all of my questions. He also told me that even if I didn’t use DDR he wanted to make sure I understood the world of roofing. After I decided to go with DDR I was put in contact with Amanda who was also fantastic. My schedule is crazy and she was able to keep me updated on who and when my contractors would be coming by. Both the crews for the roof and the eaves-troughs were on time, organized and really clean (I was surprised by this). All the workers were very nice and respectable. Each job was completed in a timely manner and when the crews finished, the foremen did a final walk though making sure all was OK and every piece of debris was cleaned up. I would definitely recommend Done Right Roofing for any roofing problems from minor to a whole new roof. Their customer service was fantastic and the workmanship ideal. I would like to thank all the staff at DDR, keep up the great work!!!!!

Thank you for writing such a great review. Don't hesitate to let us know in the future if anything comes up. It was a pleasure working with you!

roof and eave trough repair

After a series of severe wind storms we lost shingles and an eave trough shook loose. I contacted Done Right, they were quick to respond, Antoine was at our place in a couple days and the two repairs were made. Thanks Done Right!

Thank you for taking the time to review Done Right Roofing! We really appreciate your business.

Don &.
Don &.

Roof Repair

We had used DRR previously. After strong winds last week, we noticed some loose shingles. We contacted DRR and booked an appointment with Amanda who was pleasant and helpful. While we were out Antoine had stopped by and left his estimate. He was able to do the job that afternoon. He checked out the entire roof, and made the necessary repairs. What amazing and incredible service from Antoine, along with his great attitude, friendly manner and sense of humour. We felt terrific going into winter with our roof in good shape. When it is time for a new roof, it will be done by DRR. We most certainly recommend DRR to anyone.

cjsamulak
cjsamulak

Super. They kept me informed at all times what was gonna happen and when. Great crew of guys. Very happy with this company.

Thank you for taking the time to share this! Greatly appreciated!

mikew1207
mikew1207

New shingles installed

Work was done professionally and on time. The different options for shingles were explained thoroughly and the supervisor followed up after completion to ensure the quality of the work.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! It was a pleasure working with you.

Christine in Markham
Christine in Markham

Roof Inspection and Repair

We had DRR come and do a second opinion hail inspection. So thankful we did. They assured us that the roof didn't need replacing (whew) and did a quick repair on one trouble spot. The roof inspector was kind, polite and very thorough in his explanation of what the roof required. In this economic climate he could have told me the roof needed replacing and taken money, but he was honest. I would call them again in a second and in 5 years, they will replace my roof!

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback! We appreciate it very much.

BritM in Calgary
BritM in Calgary

Amazing New Roof!

We would 100% recommend DRR for to anyone looking to have a new roof on their home. The entire team from start to finish was friendly and professional. The job was exactly on quote, everything was done on schedule, and our home and yard were left spotless after cleanup. Every single person from the team who came to our home was friendly and helpful.
And of course the new room looks fantastic! We could not be happier.
(A special thanks to Sarah who we felt went above and beyond in her customer care with us over the phone through the entire process! With no shortage of crappy customer service around it was honestly such a breath of fresh air!)
Awesome company all around! Keep up the great work! :)

We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with choosing Done Right Roofing for your new roof! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we truly value when our customers share these experiences and of course we will pass your kind words on to the entire team!

Afulton
Afulton

New Roof

The whole process was smooth from the first meet to the completed roof. I was always kept in the loop and could not believe how quick and efficient they were. Some wood had to be replaced on my roof so they kept it out of the bin to show me that it was for a reason and I really appreciated that. I was shown before and after pictures of the work and I think my yard looked even nicer after they left because they cleaned up so well. The fact that the Done Right Roofing has employees and not sub contractors was a huge reason I went with them and they did not disappoint. Great job Done Right!

Thank you! We appreciate your kind words and review. We would like to thank you again for choosing Done Right Roofing for you new roof.

Grant Irvine from Calgary
Grant Irvine from Calgary

Roof Replacement

Done Right Roofing came to our home to quote on repairing what we thought was a leaking roof vent. The leak was staining the ceiling in our renovated kitchen. It turned out the vent was not the source of the leak at all. The problem appeared to be from a lack of flashing where a wall met a section of roof. We now have photos proving this and that makes our leak the fault of the previous roofers. It was done in 1996 by our insurance company's preferred roofing contractor after a hail storm. We understand that they we really busy after a hail storm but that's no excuse for shoddy workmanship. Admittedly this roof was nearing the end of its useful life but who's to say it couldn't have lasted a few more years?

It was clear that we needed to re-roof, rather than repair, so we put out a call for quotes and included '96 roofing firm. I intended to "hold his feet to the fire" for poor work and pointed out the leak and lack of flashing. He did not believe my claim but I had photos, which I did not show him, to prove it. After going through the motions of measuring for a quote we did not hear from them again. Not surprising.

We ended up getting three quotes, all from companies we found on Homestars. The three quotes came in within a few hundred dollars of each other so it came down to who I felt most comfortable with. Darcy was professional, knowledgeable and friendly, and took the time to explain changes to the products, installation processes and building code. Of the other estimators, one could not schedule a time that worked to meet in person so he quoted via email, and the third was a bit rushed but otherwise okay.

At the end of the day we are glad we went with DRR as the sheathing rot from the leak proved to be more extensive than we had guessed. Done Right had an allocation of three sheets included in the quote but we did need more sheathing plus a small increase in labour costs. The photos that were provided to us were shocking and fully supported the lack of flashing issue left by the last guys in '96.

Thank you to Darcy and everyone at Done Right Roofing for a great job. It is obvious you value your clients, and live up to your Done Right Roofing name!

We are so pleased that we were able to help you figure out what was causing the leak and help you with the process of getting your new roof, while being able to provide you with the confidence to make you feel comfortable with a big decision. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and again thank you for choosing Done Right Roofing for your new roof!

More about Done Right Roofing

As a homeowner who needs a new roof, you’re looking for a roofing company that will give you a great experience. You know: an honest, accurate quote so you know exactly what to expect, answers to your questions, and a quality installation with an industry- leading warranty.

WELCOME TO DONE RIGHT ROOFING!
We specialize in serving homeowners needing residential asphalt or rubber reroofing. But our real business is making your life easier by solving your problems with the same passion and caring attitude with which we’d serve our best friends. At every stage of your job, from first contact to final cleanup, our goal is to please you.

Your Done Right Roofing experience includes:
• Trained, skilled company employees installing your roof (we never use roofing subcontractors)
• Replacing all roof flashing to avoid future leaks
• A comprehensive quote with specifications and prices for all components of your roof system: roof deck, ventilation, eave protection, flashing, underlayment, and shingles
• Final inspection of your completed roof by a senior roofing technician
• A 15-year workmanship warranty, fully transferable, and a $1,000 quality assurance rebate.

OUR ETHICAL REVIEW POLICY
Online reviews are becoming a major decision-making factor for homeowners choosing a contractor. Unfortunately, there are many instances of companies misleading consumers by scripting and paying for ratings and reviews. Some review sites may not have policies and procedures in place to prevent this.

Make sure the contractor you choose has an ethical policy regarding gathering and posting online reviews. Misleading consumers is not OK. It's unethical and it's illegal.

Our review policy is as follows:
1. DRR does not post reviews on behalf of customers. All our reviews are authentic, written by customers, in their own words.
2. DRR does not script reviews or suggest what our customers should say in reviews, either directly or indirectly.
3. DRR does not offer financial compensation for reviews or ratings, such as taking the GST off the price, or do anything that could be considered a financial incentive to get a rating or a review.
4. As a token of appreciation, DRR may give a modest gift card to customers who have already posted a review in their own words, with their own rating, of their own volition.