Great Northern Snow Removal

Reviews for Great Northern Snow Removal

Marie in Toronto
Marie in Toronto

Unreliable and Expensive

Despite repeated assurances that service would be provided, 3 snowfalls have not been cleared in December 2017. I sent polite reminders, was assured service would be provided, and it was not - consistently.

I realize the crews were not likely working Christmas Eve but I was told that my property would receive service on Christmas Day. It is 8 pm , my family has just left, and I shoveled the front walk and steps myself.

The worst part about this service is that it is pre-paid, and there is no recourse. I'm likely going to stop payment on a Jan cheque but am out $450 - and have had one "shovel".

Very disappointing, would not recommend.

Dr. Veher in Toronto
Dr. Veher in Toronto

They do my store

I own a small convenience store, and I have contracted with Great Northern to come shovel the length of my sidewalk, since I am on a corner lot, and a senior, it is much easier to pay them to come do it for me. They've always come fast after a snow fall, and I've never had any problems with them.

Emily from Downtown
Emily from Downtown

Replaced ,my old guys with these guys, they're great

These are the guys who I replaced my old snow crew with. The old guys kept missing parts of mhy path and driveway, and would take hours to get someone to come back to fix their mistakes. So far, Great Northern has not made one mistake and does everything on my contract every time, and will answer the phones quicker when I call! love thse guys

DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY.

I have moved several times during my life. As a result, I have dealt with a lot of snow removal companies. The Great Northern Snow Removal company is by far the worse company I have seen. They never show up until late in the day (once you have done all the work yourself because you have to get to work) and they do a very bad job. There is always a lot of snow in my parking lot, entrance and sidewalk in front of my house after the company has supposedly cleared the areas. No point to complain because they won't respond to your calls or e-mails. HELP YOURSELF - DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY.

1 review Northumberland County, NB

Definitely recommend!

I have always resorted to this company when it comes to those harsh winter days where snow and ice have become a huge concern. I'm always working and can never find the time to shovel. My mother has a sore hip and it will worry me even more if she decided to shovel so when I was referred to this company, it was a lifesaver! They were professional and efficient and were very easy to communicate with, whether it was face to face or by phone. If you need snow removal and live in the east york area, definitely give them a go!

Bonnie from Toronto
Bonnie from Toronto

Snow Removal

We signed up for snow removal for 2013/14 and were extremely disappointed in the lack of service this company provided. We ended up doing our own snow and ICE as Great Northern rarely showed up after a snow. Asked for second deposit refund - they said they would but never did give us a refund so we're out of pocket. The worst snow removal company we've dealt with.

John D from East York
John D from East York
1 review East York, ON

Snow removal at apartment building

We've been using Great Northern Snow Removal at our building here in Toronto for a few years now, they've never let us down and the quote for the first season was very reasonable! Our last snow guys were HORRIBLE and left us hanging, but even after the last ice storm Great Northern was cleaning us up, even though we had no power in the whole neighborhood!

Jim in North york
Jim in North york
1 review North York, ON

Snow Removal

Have been a client for 15 years. Always came in a reasonable time frame and did a great job. When first recieved quote, thought price was somewhat camparable; but after first year thought service was well worth the price. Recommend Great Northern for your snow removal needs.

Andrea @ Y&E
A. .

Snow Removal

I signed on for 2008-2009 season. They left us stranded,did not clear as promised, and damaged my hydro conduit. They agreed to pay my electrician and as of July 2009, I am still trying to collect payment- they have not responded to calls, faxes or mail. They also own Enery Plus and Rosedale snow removal companies - read other reviews - STAY AWAY from all three!!!

and

Homestars is a scam site. We have no outstanding damage claims against our company, anything damaged in our haste to remove snow has been totally paid for and repaired!