HomeStars  >  Tuck Pointing in Toronto  >  A&A Masonry

Reviews for A&A Masonry

Michael from Richmond HIll
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

I should not be using this review space to denigrate another company as much as to praise A&A, but I must do so in order to give context to the review. Two years ago we had our front steps re-done in Banas concrete slabs by a company called Image Enhanced and the job they did was positively awful. After one year, mortar cracks appeared and some stone treads popped off. They repaired a couple of steps but after a second year, more treads had popped off and side slabs had fallen off and the whole job needed to be repaired. That's where A&A came in.

I learned of A&A right here on Homestars and and from my first interactions with Greg I knew I was dealing with a very different kind of company. One where the people not only knew what they were talking about, but ones who cared about the quality of work they were going to leave behind.

When I met Mike and his wife April I was even more impressed. Mike was a perfectionist in all the right ways. Mike and April were friendly, personable, easy to like and get along with, but most importantly Mike just inspired me with confidence that I never had working with the previous company. And no wonder - he pointed out all of the things that had been done poorly (most of which were visible to the eye anyway) but also technically why he felt the previous job had gone so wrong. He explained what he was going to do differently and why, and why I would be the beneficiary of a superior project. Unfortunately, as he pried up old steps he found more wrong than had met the eye initially and so we agreed with Greg to increase the scope of the job. In the end we agreed to an almost complete redo of the shoddy work of the previous company.

But the end result is like night and day. It pains me that I have had to pay twice to get what I should have gotten in the first place, but in many ways it pains me more that I did not learn of, and use, A&A in the first place. I am confident that the project would have been done right the first time and I am confident that in the unlikely case that any repairs are needed in the future that Andy and Greg and A&A will stand behind their warranty rather than hide behind some technicalities the way my previous contractor did.

I would use A&A again without hesitation, and recommend them heartily. Special thanks to Mike for persisting through wet and cold weather and for making sure that no corners were cut. The man is a craftsman who takes great pride in his workmanship, and I say that in the most appreciative way and with kudos and respect.

Thanks Mike!! Wow. That's a hell of a review! Gave me goosebumps. It's very rewarding to get this kind of feedback. Really validates our efforts to get and keep our standards as high as possible. --Andy

Billy and Alexie were amazing. They came in, did the basement in a very short time and it was perfect. Can't say enough about these guys. Keep up the good work. I will be using them on other jobs. Thanks Chris

Thanks! We look forward to working with you again. --Andy

Luz in Toronto

I google this company to find a refutable company to fix my chimney. Same day, Nov. 10, Chris came over to do the estimate and Tuesday, Nov 14 & 15, Brian and Joe did the work and finished it just like the original. Brian went over and above and put a nice rain cap to complete the work.

A & A Masonry is an A plus for me and all who worked hard to do the job - Brian and Joe. Thanks.

Thanks Luz! --Andy

1 review Hamilton, ON

Brian Buttigieg from A & A Masonry removed a large section of waterlogged bricks from the front corner of our home. He was extremely competent, polite and went the extra mile for us. You can't tell where the new brickwork was completed.

Thanks! I saw the pictures. Perfect match. --Andy

A&A's sales person/estimator Greg was very polite and he quickly provided a quote and scope of work which we felt was fair. Within two weeks Maia and her crew of two showed up at our door and provided very clean and organized service and perfect workmanship. We are happy with this company and satisfied with the quality of work and the kind and efficient demeanour of the employees, and with company co-owner Andy.

John & Claudia
Etobicoke.

Thanks! I'm glad we could work out a good solution for you. --Andy

Lisa V in Mississauga

Bryan from A&A rebuilt an exterior wall that was in very bad shape. We are very pleased with the work done. He was professional, arrived on time, left the property in great shape. He was able to match the brick very well and was able to get an electrician on site quickly to rectify an electrical issue that was found during the renovation. I would recommend A&A and Bryan for their professionalism and hard work. Thank you.

Thanks Lisa! Brian has come on board with us this year and has proven himself to be a valuable member of the A&A team. I really appreciate the feedback. --Andy

Our chimney was in serious danger of falling over; it was in really rough shape! After a particularly bad storm, we decided it was time to deal with the issue. We contacted A & A Masonry via HomeStars. The guys that showed up were punctual and polite and got the chimney completely rebuilt quickly. It looks amazing. Thank you again!

Thanks! --Andy

Colleen D.
1 review Acton, ON

Outstanding job! Could not ask for better customer service from Greg, he is highly knowledgeable, very informative, very helpful and worked within our timeframe and our budget.
All in all we were most impressed with Mike

Thanks Colleen! Mike is new to our team this year and he's definitely proved himself to be a keeper. And Greg just keeps getting better. It's not easy to earn a permanent spot on the A&A team, but both of them have. --Andy

Nina B from Toronto

This is the second job that we’ve had done by A&A Masonry. We were so happy with the first job that there was no question I would have them back again. We had the entire perimeter of our house reparged. I was thrilled when Dwight showed up to do the parging work. He had done our brick repair work the year before, and I knew his work would be excellent. I was not disappointed. The work was professionally done. Dwight is a true professional. He addressed all of my concerns. The work site was always clean when the job was done for the day. Dwight finished the job quickly and with attention to every detail. I know that if I ever have need of work done again I will call A&A Masonry.

Thanks Nina! Dwight continues to impress me too! --Andy

Kelly
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

A&A Masonry answered my call when no one in my own city would take on or respond to my requests for quotes. They made an appt. at my convenience to come down and asses my masonry repair needs. A&A was a very easy and fair contractor to work with. The job was completed quickly and professionally by Brian and Joe. Two funny and great guys who went above and beyond for me to take care of some unexpected issues. They were friendly, clean, knowledgeable and very fun to have around. Brian is a great mason and took care to make sure everything was done right. He kept me informed throughout the entire project and explained every step along the way. I highly recommend A&A Masonry for their attention to detail and their friendly and personal approach to their customers. Well done Brian and Joe!
Thank you once again for all your hard work and for making sure that you had another happy customer!

See you next year!

Kelly Rowsell

Thanks Kelly! Really appreciate the feedback, and it was a pleasure working with you! --Andy

More about A&A Masonry

Award Winning Specialist!
416-236-8721

A&A Masonry is an award-winning Toronto based firm specializing in almost everything exterior. Specialties include Tuckpointing, Masonry, brick repair, tuck pointing, waterproofing, basement lowering, concrete steps, porches and walkways, caulking services (windows & doors), chimney repair, rubber resurfacing and general exterior restorations for residential, commercial and industrial customers. If we can't do the job, we can refer you to a quality trades person that can!

A&A is dedicated to providing the highest quality on every job. With a proud team of qualified artisans, we strive to complete every project in a timely and safe manner.

Our mission is to offer a unique and reliable service in anything Exterior within the Greater Toronto Area, differentiating ourselves from the competition by means of always delivering what we promise, on time and on budget.

Our commitment to excellence is our core value.
Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we reach it every day by relying on our attention to customer service. By providing customized solutions for every job, we guarantee that we will never compromise on quality, safety and efficiency.

This approach together with our experience and knowledge allows us to effectively handle a wide variety of projects, from small to big, indoors or outdoors, renovations or repairs.

We service: Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, York, North York, East York, Mimico, Hamilton
Brampton, Bolton and surrounding areas.

For FREE ESTIMATE CALL: 416-236-8721

Being Masonry Contractors, Concrete Contractors & Waterproofing Contractors we specialize in:
Tuckpointing, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuckpointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Brick Replacement, Parging, Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Concrete, Porches, Steps, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone, Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, Basement lowering, steps, concrete porches, concrete walkways and patios, caulking services