House built 1912. I needed my chimney rebuilt, tuckpointing in various areas around the house and deteriorated bricks needed to be replaced. I did some research on the work needed (right outside temp for brick work, mortar type, brick type, etc). I had about 5 quotes mostly from last fall. This spring (Apr 2010) I chose this company partly because they called me to find out if the work was done already. The only company to remember my house. Another reason I chose this company is because Andy was honest with me. He was not the cheapest of the 5 quotes but my house is not the easiest to work on either. I thought Andy was fair and his employees were hardworking professionals. Well worth the money. Chimney looks proper, bricks match very well, mortar matches perfectly.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Tell the customer the start date at least a few days in advance. My notice came the day before work began. Worked great for me but it might not for someone else.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Do some research so you know what you want and can understand what the company plans to do. Get a few quotes.
- Company Response
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Dave. Got it on the short notice and I will take that advice! I'll pass your compliments on to my guys. They do take pride in their work and it's good for them to know they are appreciated.