A&A Masonry

Reviews for A&A Masonry

Kim in Toronto
Kim in Toronto

Repair Front Steps and Front Walkway

A & A was recommended to me by a friend after they had read the reviews on HomeStars.
I called A & A and it was a positive experience right from the start. The woman I spoke to on the phone was polite, professional and quickly understood what I needed and advised that someone would get back to me shortly.
Greg called me within a few hours and using technology could actually view my porch on line and get an idea of what we might be dealing with. He gave me a general price range for the type of work that might be required and I at least had an idea of what the costs might be. We made arrangements for him to come out the next day to view the damage and provide a proper estimate.
Greg discussed with me the work that needed to be done, (also asked if there was anything else I would like to have done) and provided what I felt was a reasonable estimate and we were in business.
Less than a week later the work was started.
Mike and April, the dynamic duo that did the job, were fantastic. When they first arrived, while I was still talking with Mike at the door discussing the work that was to be done, April had already started working.
The work was done quickly, efficiently and with confidence, you could tell they take great pride in the work they do. There were even a few things that Mike noticed that could use a quick touch up and he said while he was there and had the material he might as well take care of. To me that is very positive customer service.
Overnight the temperature had gotten much colder than predicted and Mike came back to check and made sure that the cold weather hadn’t done any damage to the work he had just completed.
I am very pleased and satisfied with the results I wouldn’t hesitate for one second to contact A & A again or recommend them to friends and a family.

Thanks Kim! Much appreciated! --Andy

Alan from Toronto
Alan from Toronto

Kind, professional and a very thorough job!

During the recent snow thaw followed by a couple days of rain I experienced a low-level flood in my basement originated from a corner area of my house.

I looked up Homestars.com for well-reviewed waterproofers in the Toronto area. As a result, I contacted A and A Masonry and another company. David from A and A Masonry arrived in short order to provide an estimate. He also brought along the waterproofing crew in the event I had any specific questions for them. I found David to be kind, informative and professional. As I had done a lot of research into waterproofing materials and techniques, I did have some questions that the waterproofers in attendance answered to my satisfaction. After receiving estimates from the two companies, I called my father in-law who had his whole exterior foundation waterproofed and insulated about 6 years earlier. It was then I realized he had used A and A Masonry as recommended by Homestars reviewers. He advised me they were very hard working, kind and did a thorough and clean job. Now my father in-law is a retired tradesman and is a perfectionist like me so I know he kept an eye on the work and his opinion to me would have more merit.

Now A and A Masonry’s estimate was higher than the other well-reviewed company but now with the extremely high endorsement from my father in-law, I chose A and A Masonry to do the work as I wanted to be as certain as possible of a future dry basement.

I was surprised at how soon they were able to begin work given the news advising of several homes in the Toronto area with water damage due to the melting snow with rain afterwards.
The waterproofers that I was introduced to during the estimate process were a father, Vladimir with his two sons, Alex and Eugene. Just as my experience with David Vena, Vladimir, Alex and Eugene were so kind, hard working, very thorough in their work and patient with me (as I said earlier I am a perfectionist and questioned them along the way during their work and they always kept me informed and treated me with kindness, patience and professionalism). They arrived everyday including Saturday and Sunday until the work was completed and the area cleaned.

As a bonus, this company also does concrete work so after the new fill settles for several months or longer, they can be hired to repair the concrete if any needed to be broken up during the waterproofing process.

I highly recommend A and A Masonry.

Thanks Alan!! I love this review, and will pass it on to the men. I'm proud of those guys. --Andy

Parging and brick repair

We needed to repair some parging along our foundation. The AA team was responsive and knowledgeable, the work was done on time and to a very high standard, we will use them again. They identified a few areas of weakness in our brick wall that hey quickly replaced.

Thanks! We appreciate the feedback! --Andy

Michael from Richmond HIll
Michael from Richmond HIll
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Reconstruct front porch

I should not be using this review space to denigrate another company as much as to praise A&A, but I must do so in order to give context to the review. Two years ago we had our front steps re-done in Banas concrete slabs by a company called Image Enhanced and the job they did was positively awful. After one year, mortar cracks appeared and some stone treads popped off. They repaired a couple of steps but after a second year, more treads had popped off and side slabs had fallen off and the whole job needed to be repaired. That's where A&A came in.

I learned of A&A right here on Homestars and and from my first interactions with Greg I knew I was dealing with a very different kind of company. One where the people not only knew what they were talking about, but ones who cared about the quality of work they were going to leave behind.

When I met Mike and his wife April I was even more impressed. Mike was a perfectionist in all the right ways. Mike and April were friendly, personable, easy to like and get along with, but most importantly Mike just inspired me with confidence that I never had working with the previous company. And no wonder - he pointed out all of the things that had been done poorly (most of which were visible to the eye anyway) but also technically why he felt the previous job had gone so wrong. He explained what he was going to do differently and why, and why I would be the beneficiary of a superior project. Unfortunately, as he pried up old steps he found more wrong than had met the eye initially and so we agreed with Greg to increase the scope of the job. In the end we agreed to an almost complete redo of the shoddy work of the previous company.

But the end result is like night and day. It pains me that I have had to pay twice to get what I should have gotten in the first place, but in many ways it pains me more that I did not learn of, and use, A&A in the first place. I am confident that the project would have been done right the first time and I am confident that in the unlikely case that any repairs are needed in the future that Andy and Greg and A&A will stand behind their warranty rather than hide behind some technicalities the way my previous contractor did.

I would use A&A again without hesitation, and recommend them heartily. Special thanks to Mike for persisting through wet and cold weather and for making sure that no corners were cut. The man is a craftsman who takes great pride in his workmanship, and I say that in the most appreciative way and with kudos and respect.

Thanks Mike!! Wow. That's a hell of a review! Gave me goosebumps. It's very rewarding to get this kind of feedback. Really validates our efforts to get and keep our standards as high as possible. --Andy

Poured Basement for house

Billy and Alexie were amazing. They came in, did the basement in a very short time and it was perfect. Can't say enough about these guys. Keep up the good work. I will be using them on other jobs. Thanks Chris

Thanks! We look forward to working with you again. --Andy

Luz in Toronto
Luz in Toronto

chimney

I google this company to find a refutable company to fix my chimney. Same day, Nov. 10, Chris came over to do the estimate and Tuesday, Nov 14 & 15, Brian and Joe did the work and finished it just like the original. Brian went over and above and put a nice rain cap to complete the work.

A & A Masonry is an A plus for me and all who worked hard to do the job - Brian and Joe. Thanks.

Thanks Luz! --Andy

1 review Hamilton, ON

Rebricked house wall

Brian Buttigieg from A & A Masonry removed a large section of waterlogged bricks from the front corner of our home. He was extremely competent, polite and went the extra mile for us. You can't tell where the new brickwork was completed.

Thanks! I saw the pictures. Perfect match. --Andy

Steps & Flagstone Porch Resetting, Mortar Pointing, Coping Work.

A&A's sales person/estimator Greg was very polite and he quickly provided a quote and scope of work which we felt was fair. Within two weeks Maia and her crew of two showed up at our door and provided very clean and organized service and perfect workmanship. We are happy with this company and satisfied with the quality of work and the kind and efficient demeanour of the employees, and with company co-owner Andy.

John & Claudia
Etobicoke.

Thanks! I'm glad we could work out a good solution for you. --Andy

Lisa V in Mississauga
Lisa V in Mississauga

Rebuild exterior wall

Bryan from A&A rebuilt an exterior wall that was in very bad shape. We are very pleased with the work done. He was professional, arrived on time, left the property in great shape. He was able to match the brick very well and was able to get an electrician on site quickly to rectify an electrical issue that was found during the renovation. I would recommend A&A and Bryan for their professionalism and hard work. Thank you.

Thanks Lisa! Brian has come on board with us this year and has proven himself to be a valuable member of the A&A team. I really appreciate the feedback. --Andy

Great job

Our chimney was in serious danger of falling over; it was in really rough shape! After a particularly bad storm, we decided it was time to deal with the issue. We contacted A & A Masonry via HomeStars. The guys that showed up were punctual and polite and got the chimney completely rebuilt quickly. It looks amazing. Thank you again!

Thanks! --Andy

More about A&A Masonry

Award Winning Specialist!
416-236-8721

A&A Masonry is an award-winning Toronto based firm specializing in almost everything exterior. Specialties include Tuckpointing, Masonry, brick repair, brick restoration, tuck pointing, waterproofing, basement lowering, concrete steps, porches and walkways, caulking services (windows & doors), chimney repair, rubberized resurfacing and general exterior restorations for residential, commercial and industrial customers. If we can't do the job, we can refer you to a quality trades person that can!

A&A is dedicated to providing the highest quality on every job. With a proud team of qualified artisans, we strive to complete every project in a timely and safe manner.

Our mission is to offer a unique and reliable service in anything Exterior within the Greater Toronto Area, differentiating ourselves from the competition by means of always delivering what we promise, on time and on budget.

Our commitment to excellence is our core value.
Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we reach it every day by relying on our attention to customer service. By providing customized solutions for every job, we guarantee that we will never compromise on quality, safety and efficiency.

This approach together with our experience and knowledge allows us to effectively handle a wide variety of projects, from small to big, indoors or outdoors, renovations or repairs.

We service: Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, York, North York, East York, Mimico, Hamilton, Brampton, Bolton and surrounding areas.

For FREE ESTIMATE CALL: 416-236-8721

Being Masonry Contractors, Concrete Contractors & Waterproofing Contractors we specialize in:
Tuckpointing, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuckpointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Brick Replacement, Parging, Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Concrete, Porches, Steps, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone, Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, Basement lowering, steps, concrete porches, concrete walkways and patios, caulking services