MGB Construction

Reviews for MGB Construction

Paul Goldsmith
Paul Goldsmith

Fell Gut Reno Plus 3rd Story Addition

Mike and his crew exceeded expectations for the entire project. From assisting with the planning stages right till the job was complete. I always felt as if I was a priority throughout the process as Mike would always take my calls and answer any questions. We were extremely happy with how the project moved along its timeline accordingly. The quality of work and finishes is at a very high level, all of our guests who have came by since the renovation constantly compliment on how great the house looks. I would feel very comfortable recommending MGB Construction to anyone looking for quality work and professional service.

paul
paul

Garage

We were looking for someone who could manage entire project, to be flexible and responsive. Mike and his team did a great job for us and we have no hesitation recommending.

Hoopz in Toronto East
Hoopz in Toronto East

Bathroom renovation and Mudroom

Mike was straight to the point and fair and honest through out the entire process. Matt and his crew were fantastic and super courteous while in our home, they covered every thing daily and left it uncovered and usable when we needed it. The work was done well and we are super happy with the results. It is nice to have a useful mudroom with the storage we needed and a lovely bathroom that is a pleasure to be in each day.
Thank you.

andrea
andrea

Pilates studio renovation

MGB did the demo and construction of 2 floors to help create our pilates studio. Demolition of 4 separate rooms, floor installation, painting. All work was done with fantastic attention to detail, and on time.

Climate Change Mechanical
Climate Change Mechanical

Basement and bathrooms renovation

MGB construction completed a wonderful job on mothers house. We did a total basement renovation and two washrooms. Stunning. Michael was very helpful and considerate. He honoured his timeline and budget, I highly recommend this company.

Kathy Baur from Toronto
Kathy Baur from Toronto

Bedrooms & flooring renovation

Mike & his team ( with special thanks to Nick!) exceeded my expectations in the demo/ reno of 2 bedrooms. They met the challenge of working in a small, older home with care & attention to detail throughout. I'm impressed: quality work, creative solutions, on-budget. Thank you!

chris h in Toronto
chris h in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

5 Reasons Why You Should Hire MGB:
1) Detailed Quote. Mike provides a breakdown of the elements of the project so you can make an informed decision on the scope of work. No one else I interviewed did this to the same degree.
2) Flexibility - Mike is happy to accommodate your requests to add or take away. I decided to get my own vanity and low-flow toilet, and he adapted to my plans.
3) Oversight - Mike came by to inspect all the work and make sure things were being done properly.
4) On Time - Mike kept to his stated timeframe, and got the job done. No long delays or fits and starts at the work - each day we could see progress.
5) Communication - Mike is a great communicator, and kept us informed as to progress and projected completion.

Bottom line: you can't go wrong with MGB.

Antoinette Vella from Etobicoke
Antoinette Vella from Etobicoke

Basement Renovation

Mike provided a quote that was broken down into categories with the associated price. After the initial deposit, he collected payment as each category was completed. It was very fair because you paid after the work was completed. At each stage, we could advise him if anything we were not happy with and he would ensure it was fixed. Mike brought in many tradesman who were experienced in framing, drywall, plumbing, electrical, tiling, painting etc. He would keep in touch with us and let us know when each tradesperson was coming and if there were any delays. You never felt out of the loop of communication. We were very satisfied with the quality of work and would not hesitate to recommend Mike and his team! Thank you for making our dream of a finished basement come true!

Megan Pfrimmer from East York
Megan Pfrimmer from East York
6 reviews East York, ON

Basement Renovation

Mike and his team at MGB Construction were absolutely great! Mike came over to give us a quote on finishing our small, dark hole of a basement in May and I liked him right away. Where the other contractors I’d had in only pointed to all the problems there would be, Mike was quick to think of solutions and assured me that our basement was normal for Toronto and that it could become a cozy, liveable space. When his quote came in a couple of days later, it was very detailed, told us exactly what would be getting done, the breakdown in price and even laid out the price of different options for various upgrades like better stairs and spray foam versus normal insulation. Between all the quotes we received, we had been given a wide range of prices and although not the lowest, Mike’s quote was very reasonable and we were eager to hire him. During the weeks leading up to the renovation, Mike was very well organized and had all his subcontractors through the house to prepare for the job and prevent any delays once the work was started. Once started, my husband and I were amazed every day to come home and see all of the progress! During the Toronto flood in July, our waterproofing system that had been installed previously had a “malfunction” and the waterproofing contractors had to come back to fix the problem. This caused delays for Mike and caused him to have to redo some drywall, but he went above and beyond to come over to help clean up the mess! I know this screwed up some of his scheduling, but he never complained throughout the process or raised our price. Mike’s subcontractors were also great, super friendly and polite. Special mention to Andre, the Mexican drywaller, he did a wonderful job and was such a pleasure to have at the house! Our house has open stairs, so the drywall dust got everywhere, so I kind of gave up on cleaning during the last couple of weeks. I came home one weekend to find my whole main floor dusted and mopped! I called Mike and he’d had his cleaning lady come over to tidy up because he felt bad about the mess. Who does that?! Our basement is finished now and looks great. We knew it would be small, but he was great at finding lots of little ways to maximize the space and look such as extra trim on the bench footing and a vanity that was built into the bench. You would never know what it looked like before and we’ve already enjoyed hanging out down there, because we didn’t have a proper living room, second bathroom or laundry area before. He did lots of little extras and addressed any concerns I had right away. All in all, I can’t say enough great things about him, his team and his work and we would definitely recommend him to anyone!

More about MGB Construction

MGB Construction believes that every project is an opportunity to showcase our committment to total customer satisfaction. Experience, quality craftsmanship, exceptional customer sevice, competitive pricing and reliability are the hallmarks of MGB Construction. We are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. Satisfied customer referral is the basis of our business. MGB Connstruction understands the unique needs of thier customers and works to create a finished product whyich reflects complete customer satisfaction.