Roofing By Michel

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Mississauga  >  Roofing By Michel

Reviews for Roofing By Michel

Oscar in Oakville
Oscar in Oakville

A friend of mine recommended Michel to me and I do the same. Since I started to deal with Michel about to change my roof I felt that I was talking with a professional and trustworthy person, his quote was very reasonable (price and quality) and the job was made on time. I am extremely satisfied with the job done and I have no doubt to recommend him for roofing problems

Kate in Mississauga
Kate in Mississauga

New roof

Received several quotes on getting my roof replaced. This group was not the cheapest but the best value for what I received. They are not about up selling product and quote on what you truly need.

Example: there was no need to put drip guards all around the house. Only spot needed was the front due to gap between fascia and roof

I had 3 good venting solutions. The only installed the extra that I needed and cleaned up and repainted the originals at no extra charge.

The crew where very skilled, polite and knowledgeable not only about roofing but about building structure. This team worked their butts off in 40 degree weather. They even managed to find the HD shingles that I really wanted.

My roof is wrapped tight with gorilla wrap and an extra layer of ice and water shield on my large overhang.

I was referred to them but was nervous about some of the negative comments. After confronting Michel about them, I felt satisfied with his responses. They are not sales people. They are honest, hard working group that provides a good quality job without ripping you off.

Also have noticed that the new roof has provided an additional sound barrier from the outside

Thank you Michel, Noel, Richard and Matthew for a fantastic job.

Andrey Dudarev in Etobicoke
Andrey Dudarev in Etobicoke

New house roofing

Very bad experience, my house has a flat roof and it appears that Michel and his workers have absolutely no experience how it should be done. Roof had started leaking after first rain. After "repair" it leaked again, they come second time and it is still leaking. Now Michel just sopped responding to my calls and messages.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Michel is very hard to get a hold of

Michel and his team came in April to redo my roof and my attached neighbor. I had some issues around the balcony which have been resolved.

Cons: He is very hard to get a hold of us you have any issues. He doesn't keep appointments and mostly ignores calls and txts. He no-showed 6 times. It took an in-person meeting to resolve the issue.

Positives: The main roof looks to be done fine. They got the whole job done fairly quickly and left little mess.

If his he stood by his work and his response to issues was better I would have an easier time recommending him.

Mike from Mississauga
Mike from Mississauga

Roofing by Michel. Great service and workmanship. Very nice crew. Excellent job with no issues. I would recommend them to anyone that needs new shingles for their roof. Great job.

Perminder Gill from Mississauga
Perminder Gill from Mississauga

Reshingling

Michel did my roof with a 20 year warranty on the shingles and it has been giving me problems since it was done over a year ago. Every time there is a heavy wind, the shingles start flying. I call him both on his cell and at home and there is no response, I have also driven to his home and there is nobody there. Meanwhile I have a leaking roof due to the shoddy workmanship so I have to call someone else to fix the problem which makes me say that please do to use Michel as your roofer as he is unreliable and does not respond to your calls when you need him.

Saima from Mississauga
Saima from Mississauga

Michel's work is outstanding. He's punctual and reasonably priced. You feel confident that you chose a professional who will deliver the quality work that he promised. They cleaned up the property leaving behind no debris or scraps. The lawn was immaculate. Michel's gets roofing jobs by word of mouth. My neighbour recommended him to me and I do the same. He has been in business for 33 years and knows what he's doing. His work is covered by a warranty as well. I am very happy with the end result. Choose Roofing by Michel.

Joe in Mississauga
Joe in Mississauga

Roof - reshingling

Terrible work. Michel is a good talker. His estimate was on the higher side of 3 estimates but because my friend living nearby was getting his roof done through this guy, I decided to do the same. The job was done and my roof started leaking soon after. He said he would come fix it but never showed up. He didn't even give me a receipt, saying I was giving him a personal cheque so he would have to wait till the money got into his account and then give a receipt. He never did. Now he doesn't answer my calls or many messages I have left on his answering machine. Please steer clear of this crook!

Yvonne in Niagara Falls
Yvonne in Niagara Falls

Roof Repair

My neighbour and I share a roof in our 14-year-old townhouse complex, and we were informed by the Property Management company that the roof shingles had a 15-year life expectancy. My neighbour already had damage in her townhouse from her leaky roof, so the fix was urgently needed. Between us, we contacted about half-a-dozen roofing companies for quotes, and only two companies actually showed up to provide them.

Michel was quick to respond, showed up when he said he would, did a complete inspection of the roof and even took photographs for my neighbour to pass to her insurance company. He provided a full, detailed and reasonable quote, clearly stating labour costs and materials (with a guarantee for both). On request, he also provided us with his insurance company information.

The work was delayed a week or so due to poor weather, but when the time came to do the work, he and his team were on the roof like worker ants. The job was done in two days, just as promised, and I feel reassured that my neighbour and I will be warm and dry for years to come.

Dietmar in Port Credit, Mississauga
Dietmar in Port Credit, Mississauga

Roof - Strip old shingles, replace plywood, reshingle

The job occurred in the summer of 2004. His pricing was on the higher end of 5 estimates, however I was sold on his stated experience and his 10 year warranty on labour and he was recommended by a friend. Initially, he and is crew showed up on time. However, final touch ups were completed months later, and I had to clean up a mess left in my Garage (I waited for months, they never came back when they said). Problems: Garage door was left out of line, I had to have it fixed and deducted it from final payment. In the winter, squirrels got into the roof under the shingles. It took over a year for it to be fixed, and I was charged extra despite many no shows and a written 10 year guarantee. Since 2007, I have had major water damage in my kitchen from the roof. Despite frequent promises, Mike has not completed the repair and more recently does not show up. Even though he has admitted to the problem and knows how to fix it. This delayed my kitchen renovation for several months initially and since has resulted in significant interior damage. Nice guy but not very professional or reliable. Apart from his polite manner, dealing with this company has been a nightmare. He does not appear to take client servicing very seriously and there does not seem to be any value in his warranty. By the way, I found roofing nails for several years around the property in gardens and the like. Feel free to contact me with any questions.