Reach Restoration, Inc.

11 Dunloe Rd. Toronto ON M4V 2W4
Tuck Pointing
Reach Restoration, Inc.

Best of 2017 winner 3 timesBest of 2017winner 3 times

Reviews for Reach Restoration, Inc.

Jane in Lawrence Park
Jane in Lawrence Park

Chimney re-pointing

I wish every contractor I dealt with was like this.
Jim and Matt patiently discussed our chimney problems with us and took the time to give us a detailed written quote - we have a very narrow space in which they had to work and they had to find a scaffolding that would fit.
Once we had signed off on their proposal, Jim kept me up to date on when he thought they would be able to start and they started when he said they would.
The work was carefully and thoroughly completed. They re-pointed our chimney and put a new concrete cap on top. In addition to protecting our property with tarps, they were very careful to protect our neighbour's roof and property. Every evening they left the the work area nice and tidy before leaving.
All the Reach employees were polite and a joy to have working on our property.
I would definitely recommend this company to all my friends and family. In fact, I was very happy to discover that Jim has another company that does small renovations. I will be keeping his card in my file.

E.D.
E.D.

Brickwork, Masonry Re-pointing, Drywalling

After having a couple of night-and-day estimates done on the masonry/re-pointing work we needed done on our 100 year old house, we used Home Stars reviews to point us to a couple more contractors we could ask to come and give us their thoughts. Not sure what it was about Jim that made us feel INSTANTLY comfortable and like we were in the best hands possible, but there we were. He was not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. We knew nothing about what we really needed, so were suspicious that the "low-ballers" weren't going to do enough of the work that was actually required. My husband and I looked at each other after Jim left and agreed on the spot that he was "the one". Sounds almost romantic!! Truth is, we were still getting over a 6 month debacle of an interior reno with the contractor from hell. It was like Jim was too good to be true. He CLEARLY knew his stuff - took the time to explain everything to us, to give us his opinion when we asked for it and had options to choose from, and was honest and straight-up from the get go. It was an absolute no-brainer to ask him to go ahead with the work. We felt so great about him, that we asked if he could cost out doing some interior work we needed done as well (plaster removal, insulation and drywall install on one of the bedrooms in the house). He did, so we asked him to go ahead with that, too. The job began right when he said it would. Communication comes easily and naturally to Jim. Every step of the way he let us know what to expect, who to expect would be on site and when. The job officially started when his associate Blair came to wash our bricks. What a difference that made! Can't say enough about Blair's attention to detail, craftsmanship, integrity, and perseverance (we had some tough weather conditions for him to contend with). Fabulous. When Jim and his crew began work on the rest of the job (grinding down the existing mortar, replacing it with the PERFECTLY tinted new mortar, then starting on the bedroom), we rested easy knowing we were being extremely well taken care of. He and his team even took care to build scaffolding up against the outside wall of the house so he could carry the garbage etc. through the bedroom window, and not traipse it through the house. The plaster mess was minimal because he and the team took the time to clean up and put things back to how they were when they got there (OK, definitely BETTER than when they got there). Both projects were finished ON BUDGET and ON TIME!!! This, to me, is unheard of. Not only that, but the finished product - both masonry and drywall - was beautiful. Our house looks amazing. Jim is now on our speed dial. We have a few more projects we're looking to do in the near future and we've already asked Jim about them. If he can do it, we're hiring him. Period. We've referred him to two of our friends already and would shout his name from the rooftops if we weren't worried that he'd get too busy to help us with coming jobs! Frankly, we love Jim. We'd refer him without batting an eye. Thank you Jim and crew for restoring our faith in the possibility of good reno experiences.

Mike and Deanna from High Park
Mike and Deanna from High Park

Chimney rebuild and brick restoration

Our house, which was built in 1911, was sorely in need of a host of repairs. It needed a new chimney, some deteriorating bricks needed to be replaced, the concrete at the base along the side of the house was cracked.

Jim came out, quoted the job himself and everything was done as described and for the price we had discussed. He was a true professional from beginning to end. He called when he couldn't come as scheduled because of rain, and showed up as soon as the weather cooperated. During the course of the job, he kept us well informed of its progress. We were amazed at how quickly they completed the project. The crew were all very pleasant and left behind a clean work site. It is obvious that Jim and his crew take pride in their work. Thank you Jim, for giving us good value and high quality workmanship. We will highly recommend you to our friends.

Pat in Weston
Pat in Weston
7 reviews ,

Repair/replace mortar on flagstone stairs and exterior brick wall.

I chose CHR [Now Reach Restoration] because of the reviews on this website and I wasn't disappointed. Jim was the only one of the mortar/bricklaying companies listed on this website who returned my call for an estimate; this fact immediately sets Jim apart from so many trades/contractors in Toronto. I got lucky since Jim was able to complete my small job owing to a good weather day and his having a brief hiatus before starting a large project. Jim gave a clear, professional explanation and estimate of what he would do and why. He was also very considerate about keeping me informed as to when he would arrive and return. Jim's personable manner was a reflection of a craftsman who takes pride in his work and in the way he treats people. I do not hesitate to recommend Jim.

PG Thornhill
PG Thornhill

exterior stairs

We called to get an estimate to replace exterior slate stairs. Jim was very busy but came out to do a quote. I was concerned about safety so he fit us in and came to do a temporary repair to get us through the winter. He will be back in the spring and is hopeful that he can save us some money by rebuilding what is there rather than replacing everything.

D & N in Danforth
D & N in Danforth

Pointing and repair in the Danforth

Our house was built in 1931, and it was showing its age: a few bricks were missing; the entire east wall (and half of the front) had amateurish pointing in white mortar and gray caulking; caulking strips were left from a removed porch enclosure; and the whole house was dirty. It looked awful! Jim and his crew transformed it from tired to fresh. Jim impressed us from the beginning with his knowledge, courtesy, and energy. He really cares! He and his crew worked hard and on time; they cleaned up; and they were sociable and friendly to neighbors. Now our house looks clean, well-maintained, bright, and attractive. The project came in on time and on budget. Jim and his crew are as much artists as tradesmen. We can't recommend them highly enough.

A Homeowner
A Homeowner

Masonry Repair and Caulking

Whenever I see the tradespeople on home improvement shows I wonder "where do they get these smart, courteous, skilled, and trustworthy trades?" Many of the ones I've encountered just do a quick and dirty job and then hope the homeowner doesn't notice or complain. Well, I lucked out and found one of the first type when I hired Jim from CHR [Now Reach Restoration] to do some masonry repair and caulking for my mom's home and my own. The jobs were done right, on time, and on budget. He even took care of some small areas that he noticed needed repair but were not part of the original work order, no charge. The next time I need any masonry work done, Jim's my guy.

Heather from the Annex
Heather from the Annex

Annex Grind Out and Brick Cleaning

Jim and his crew are fantastic. The job was to completely grind out and re-morter 2 sides of the house, tuck & point the third, and chem clean my brinks. And what a job - all our neighbors complement us non-stop on how good our house looks now. Best of all, Jim is the best contractor we have had ever. He shows up when says he will, he completes the work on-time, his crew was top-notch polite, and the neighbors were never inconvenienced. Moreover, he gave us frequent updates, informed and consulted on the choices we had to make...AND...he looked after the small details - and that is the difference between good and great!

Prasetyo from YCC #131. Admiral Rd.
Prasetyo from YCC #131. Admiral Rd.

Restoration of the brickwork

We were going to replace the tiles on our front entrance stairs and porch, but in the process we found out that the brick post on both side of the stairs were damage. We had to repair these damages before the tile works can be done.
Jim from CHR [Now Reach Restoration] came to the rescue. He managed to work around his busy schedule, he was book solid till the end of summer, in order to accommodate us and work on our brick post even if that means working on weekend.
We decided to go with Jim’s company because he impressed us on his first visit with his vast knowledge in restoration and how he explain the extent of the damage and what works needed to be done and very reasonable pricing quote.
What impressed us the most is their professionalism and fine workmanship. Jim attention to detail was impeccable. Jim and his crew were very courteous during the course of the job and keep the workspace tidy and clean at the end of every job.
The result is impressive brickwork.

Andrea and Steve from Yorkville
Andrea and Steve from Yorkville

Tuck pointing and basement window infill

Our home was built in 1912 and was in need of extensive tuck pointing. Considering the age of our home, and the damage that could be caused by poor pointing work, we obtained quotes from 3 different contractors. Because of his professionalism and apparent commitment to quality work, we decided to go with Jim from CHR [Now Reach Restoration] – he and his crew did not disappoint. What sets them apart is their appreciation for fine workmanship, combined with extensive knowledge of older homes and their unique requirements. The result is masonry work which is almost indistinguishable from the original, and with which we couldn’t be more pleased. Not only is the finished product outstanding, but the process was painless - Jim was punctual kept the worksite very tidy and completed the job efficiently. We would recommend CHR [Now Reach Restoration] without hesitation.

More about Reach Restoration, Inc.

Our company specializes in the exterior restoration of buildings and homes. Reach Restoration has a combined experience of 50 years. Services we offer include; brick replacement, tuck-pointing, chimney building and repair, and general masonry reconstruction/construction. In addition Reach Restoration, Inc. provides preventive maintenance services and the painting of exteriors/interiors, caulking and immediate response for water infiltration emergencies. We work with our clients to achieve their goals. Their involvement in the planning process results in the completion of the project on time and to their satisfaction. Our tradesmen are polite and committed to their craft. Contact us for any related project you may be planning.