Reach Restoration, Inc.

11 Dunloe Rd. Toronto ON M4V 2W4
Tuck Pointing
Reach Restoration, Inc.

Best of 2017 winner 3 timesBest of 2017winner 3 times

Reviews for Reach Restoration, Inc.

CameronInHamilton
CameronInHamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Exterior Masonry Repair

Jim and his team came up to evaluate the crumbling mortar joints and cracked brick that was leaking water causing problems to the drywall on ceilings in walls.They removed broken bricks and salvaged what they could to keep costs down. They removed all old mortar quickly with little mess and had the joints filled that same day. Jim and his guys did a great job! Big thank you to Wayne and Justin for being so polite a and doing such good work.

landj
landj

Masonry Work - various projects

Jim and his team at Reach Restoration have performed various projects for us in the maintenance of our home in the past 6 months. We began with the restructuring of a brick foundation pillar at the front of our home and were so impressed with the work and experience, that we hired them to do do other masonry work including the complete re-lay of an exterior walkway which they carried out very quickly without sacrificing quality. Jim and his team lead by Wayne, are professional, impeccable in their trade, courteous, honest and an absolute pleasure to work with. We already have more projects lined up for the Spring and look forward to working with the team again. We would recommend Reach Restoration with all confidence.

Paula in Toronto
Paula in Toronto

Chimney Repair

Great work on my chimney repair. I was very happy that Jim took before and after pictures. I was very impressed with his professionalism, and highly recommend Jim and Reach Restoration.

Brick restoration

Nice guy and team, great work, and respectful of neighbours. Highly recommended. Jim worked on our 100+ year old home and replaced damaged bricks. The work was excellent and we are happy with the results.

Tanya from North York
Tanya from North York

Parging of Bricks around Garage

I wish I had taken a 'before' picture to show the difference Jim's work has made to the look of our garage. I hired Reach Restoration to fix a few crumbling bricks at the base of our garage. It was a small job. In fact, so small that another contractor (also highly recommended on Homestars) tried to convince me to fix various hairline masonry cracks in the house as well, to make it worth his while. Fortunately, Jim gave me an honest assessment, and explained to me clearly in non-technical terms why I didn't need to fix those hairline cracks right now. Jim also took the time to explain why the garage bricks had failed, what he proposed to do, and its limitations. Although his estimator had quoted $400 for the job (in line with other estimates I got), when Jim came to do the work he immediately told me he didn't think it would take that long and the bill would be lower. He ended up charging me $250 plus tax instead. Although Jim's honesty is impressive, his knowledge and skill are equally admirable. He patiently answered all my questions despite the fact that it was a very small job and took the utmost care to give me an affordable fix. Fortunately I did not need extensive masonry work, but if I did I would feel 100% secure entrusting my house to Jim, as he does not suggest you do unnecessary repairs and he takes the utmost pride in his work. I would highly recommend Reach Restoration.

Raquel from Toronto
Raquel from Toronto

Outter hous restoration

Amazing guys.
Very respectful, attentive and considerate. They get the job done very quickly!
The house looks much better than it did originally.

I would most DEFINITELY Recommend Reach Restoration inc.!

Raquel, Thank you for the privilege of working on this Annex Classic.

Irene Gish from Toronto
Irene Gish from Toronto

Back deck and front porch rebuilds

I contracted with Jim of Reach Restoration to have both my back deck and front porch rebuilt. I am extremely pleased with the results. Justin and his crew worked diligently to create a really attractive and solid deck. A place you really want ‘to hang out on’ as my young friend said when he saw it. Wayne put his talents to work to create a beautiful stone front porch for me. Chris worked non-stop with Wayne to get the job done. A great pair!
I would be remiss in not mentioning Jim’s contractor, Dominic, for the railings he supplied. They are exactly what I envisioned and enhance both the projects.
Jim is great to work with—always available to answer questions whenever they arise. I would not hesitate to recommend Reach Restoration to anyone considering restorations.
Irene Gish, North York

Irene, The men and I were happy to get the results you wanted.
with the porch and deck. We don't often work without drawings but designing, and coordinating with you was a pleasure.

Catherine in Toronto
Catherine in Toronto

Sill and brick replacement and tuckpointing

I used Reach Restoration before to tuckpoint my whole house. I was so happy with the work that when it came time to do some brick and sill replacement I thought of Jim and his crew right away. I discovered after my carpenter demolished the front verandah
that there were brick repairs and tuckpointing to perform plus a window sill replacement. Since the verandah rebuild was on a tight schedule I called Jim at the last minute to see if he could fit in my job. With his usual consideration he juggled his time and arranged for the job to be done. I am very grateful that Jim and his crew found the time during their very busy schedule and as before did an amazing job. Next time Jim I will give you lots of warning. Thank you again Jim and the guys for coming through.

Carolyn from Toronto
Carolyn from Toronto

Tuck Pointing, Parging & Window Sills Upgrade

I selected Reach Restoration after looking at reviews on Homestars. I contacted a few companies for quotes, but Jim was a) the fastest at responding, b) the most consistent with his communication, and c) the best at explaining the job the needed to be done, but also suggesting work that should be done with solid reasons based on his expertise. I am thoroughly pleased with the work him and his team have provided.

Jim and his team were professional, conscientious, and extremely skilled from start to finish. I contacted Jim and he dropped by within the same week to do an on-site estimate. He is an expert at what he does, and explained all his suggested improvements to me in a way that was easy to understand. This was very important to me, as I am not versed in any technical aspects of masonry and had no idea what tuck pointing was, nevermind talking about mortar joints or parging.

After discussions with Jim, the final project included: tuck pointing for all areas where the mortar had worn away due to water damage, re-parging the side of the house which had been done incorrectly, and installing new stone window sills for two windows. The mortar was in poor condition, the cement on the existing parging was crumbling away (giving bugs and animals access to the interior - ugh), and the existing sills were deteriorating. Jim and his team have restored the exterior of the house to look the way we have always wanted. Everything is crisp and clean, and looks absolutely amazing.

The team was great with giving us updates on the work as it was occurring, and finished the job in 5 days (the weather was great all week). They cleaned the site up very thoroughly after every work day and we were never inconvenienced in any way by the project. Our neighbours had nothing but good things to say about how the work went down.

Some dust got into the house, but that is to be expected as our house is not a hermetically sealed tomb. Nothing a quick vacuum and Swiffer couldn't fix in 10 minutes.

I've uploaded some photos to show the before and after. Please pay attention to the following things:

1. The colour of the mortar that they mixed matched the existing mortar perfectly. These guys are artists.

2. I tried to find the step crack in the side of the house after they had finished tuck pointing, and couldn't see it! I had to reference an old photo to figure out the location. It is literally GONE.

I cannot speak highly enough of Jim and his entire team. They were the right choice, and have made our house a better place to live. If we ever need any work done again, I would not hesitate for a moment to call Reach Restoration!

THANK YOU for everything!!

Carolyn, The men and I would like to thank you for your project.
Dust is infiltration is always a concern in confined and shared areas of semi detached houses and we were fortunate to be able to get the neighbors onside in keeping windows closed and AC units shut off during the preparatory work. Best of luck in your new home.

Barbara from Toronto
Barbara from Toronto

Tuck-pointing

Jim and his courteous and professional crew did a wonderful tuck-pointing job on our Apartment building in October 2014.
The new mortar joints matched perfectly.
I found Jim to be a man of integrity, honest, kindhearted and trustworthy who went the extra mile for us and to whom I took an instant liking. I only wish every contractor was as easy to deal with as Jim was. I can't say enough about Jim's professionalism and excellent work as well as his crew's and his cost was reasonable.
I would highly recommend Reach Restoration and would be very happy to hire Jim and his crew for future projects.

Barbara, Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule as a property manager to review the work we did for you on your building. In addition to the work on your structure you were kind enough to introduce us to the owners of the neighboring apartment buildings. The men and I greatly appreciate your support and for this wish you the best of luck.

More about Reach Restoration, Inc.

Our company specializes in the exterior restoration of buildings and homes. Reach Restoration has a combined experience of 50 years. Services we offer include; brick replacement, tuck-pointing, chimney building and repair, and general masonry reconstruction/construction. In addition Reach Restoration, Inc. provides preventive maintenance services and the painting of exteriors/interiors, caulking and immediate response for water infiltration emergencies. We work with our clients to achieve their goals. Their involvement in the planning process results in the completion of the project on time and to their satisfaction. Our tradesmen are polite and committed to their craft. Contact us for any related project you may be planning.