Reach Restoration, Inc.

Tuck Pointing
11 Dunloe Rd. Toronto ON M4V 2W4
HomeStars  >  Tuck Pointing in Toronto  >  Reach Restoration, Inc.

Reviews for Reach Restoration, Inc.

andrew.r.hutchings in Toronto
andrew.r.hutchings in Toronto

Restored facade and interior exposed brick of 1890's Victorian

Jim and team were truly unbelievable. The professionalism and quality of workmanship was unlike anything I have seen. Our house was painted a terrible brown colour and had areas that were almost completely deteriorated. Teamwork from Horizon Restoration (Blair) and Reach Restoration was unparalleled. Just take a look at the photo comparison. Jim was even able to match the original styling of the brick placement at the top. It was also a perfect colour match! People that live on the street cannot believe the change. The next door neighbour is especially happy that the houses are matching now :)

richmacr
richmacr

Tuckpointing, parging of foundation, replacing window sills

Jim and his team did a fantastic job restoring part of our semi-detached Victorian house, performing complete tuck pointing of one wall and replacing window sills, with remedial work elsewhere. Jim was very responsive throughout and extremely professional. Extra work was recommended and the communication around this was very clear. The clean-up was excellent. I would highly recommend Reach Restoration to anyone considering similar work.

James C
James C

Garage Retrofit

Jim and his team completed repairs to our detached garage in July 2017. The original structure is approximately 80 years old and had weathered significantly. An addition to the garage had also started to shift away from the main building. After a thorough review of the site and our budget, we agreed on a remedial scope of work. Reach Restoration executed the project as discussed and with exceptional communication throughout. I work with trades in my profession and would rate Jim as the best mason that I have met. His knowledge and interest in the subject are second to none. It was a true pleasure to work with him ...and we have already recommended Jim to friends and family.

Thank you so much James for your kind review. We have been working in the commercial and Industrial field for most of 2017 so your review for our residential projects is timely and greatly appreciated by myself and the men.

Zak in Toronto
Zak in Toronto

Semi-Detached in Leslieville - Great Work

To echo the below review from BAR in Toronto, we were the other side of the semi-detached that Jim and his team did a few weeks ago. Jim was friendly, professional, and extremely knowledgeable about the work that we needed done. He and his team were quick, did very precise and detailed work and cleaned up perfectly. Jim even replaced some bricks and hand-painted them to ensure they blended in perfectly! Jim answered every question I had via email and text and put us at ease through the whole project. It looks great and we were so pleased to work with JIm - I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for expert brick service.

Thank you Zak for your kind review. It was a pleasure to work for you and Laura.
Best of luck to you both into the future together.

BAR In Toronto
BAR In Toronto

Leslieville semi detached

Jim and his team did a fantastic job on our leslieville semi. We had a lot of issues with our mortar/bricks and they did a fantastic job fixing that and some crumbling bricks as well as some missing bricks. They also replace the old window and door sills with new granite. Very nice. Highly recommend this company!!! Thanks Jim.

It was a pleasure working for you, and I think that by your initiative to include your neighbor in the project has certainly appreciated the overall value of the property.
Jim

Jenny in Toronto
Jenny in Toronto

Great team at rebuilding chimney

Jim and his team were extremely friendly and professional. They were always very polite and cleaned up after the work was finished. It was a pleasure dealing with them and we are very happy with our new chimney!

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

Removal of 20 yr old siding, restoration of underlying brick

Like many houses in Toronto, my 1910s brick house was clad in aluminium siding in the early 1980s. I wanted to restore the brick underneath but didn't know what shape it was in. So I contracted Reach to:
(a) perform a preliminary evaluation to determine the condition of the brick
(b) restore the underlying brick, fixing any broken bricks, re-pointing the masonry, repairing any water-damaged sections.
(c) fix the aluminium work around the windows to accommodate the removal of the siding
Jim and his crew, led by Justin and Wayne, were amazing. They are great craftsmen and communicators. Jim was prompt in delivering his estimate and devised an estimate that would discount the evaluation if I decided to proceed. Given that the condition of the brick was unknown until the evaluation, Jim managed my expectations and kept me posted on what he found and any fluctuations to the original budget.
The repointing was dusty work and Jim & his crew were great in terms of communicating with my neighbours and managing their impatience with the process. He also cued me when I needed to do the communicating, which was great.
The final work looks amazing. Jim advised us on a mortar that retains the original look of the building and was very well executed. The bricks he needed to replace look consistent with the original bricks. Furthermore, the aluminium subcontractor he got for me did an excellent job framing the windows. All and all an excellent job. I'd use Jim and his crew for other contracts if I could. They were a true pleasure to work with.

Thank you Jeff and Rachel for your kind review. Your patronage is greatly appreciated.
Jim

spcrz in Thornhill
spcrz in Thornhill

All true! 10 out of 10!

So glad to have this great site available for assistance in choosing a reputable contractor!
Jim at Reach Restoration helped us out so quickly and professionally. Needed some brick repair done before a new deck installation . Jim squeezed us in, even working through a weekend. He is so pleasant , calm and meticulous . Addressed all issues around all walls of our house. Listened closely to our concerns and followed through .
Came back promptly to finish a small spot even on the hottest day on record. We appreciate his hard work and that of his crew.
Thank you very much!
Would gladly recommend Jim of Reach Restoration .

BM
BM

Masonry repair

Whenever there was a driving rain, we had water enter our living room. Previous attempts by other masonry firms didn't rectify the problem. Reach Restoration identified the issue as missing blue skin. They removed several bricks, installed blue skin, reinstated the bricks and did other repairs as needed.

Mike C from Toronto
Mike C from Toronto

Masonry restoration and tuck pointing

Jim and his crew, Wayne and Justin, did a great job of tuck pointing and repairing the brickwork of my two storey home. Jim did a thorough assessment, listened to my concerns, and provided a very reasonable quote for the work. He even noticed issues that some other contractors missed in their quotes. My concerns were well addressed and progress was effectively communicated. Overall the work looks great and the process was smooth sailing. I highly recommend Reach Restoration for future projects.

More about Reach Restoration, Inc.

Our company specializes in the exterior restoration of buildings and homes. Reach Restoration has a combined experience of 50 years. Services we offer include; brick replacement, tuck-pointing, chimney building and repair, and general masonry reconstruction/construction. In addition Reach Restoration, Inc. provides preventive maintenance services and the painting of exteriors/interiors, caulking and immediate response for water infiltration emergencies. We work with our clients to achieve their goals. Their involvement in the planning process results in the completion of the project on time and to their satisfaction. Our tradesmen are polite and committed to their craft. Contact us for any related project you may be planning.