Reach Restoration, Inc.

11 Dunloe Rd. Toronto ON M4V 2W4
Reach Restoration, Inc.

Best of 2017 winner 3 timesBest of 2017winner 3 times

Reviews for Reach Restoration, Inc.

James C
James C

As Good As It Gets

I was first referred to Reach Restoration by close friends in 2017. Since then, my family has engaged Jim and his team to tend to three properties in Toronto. The relationship has been wonderful. The crew are all exceptional tradesmen: highly skilled and some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. Our most recent project involved extensive brick and mortar replacement for a 100+ year old, mixed-use building. The work has the property looking better than ever and has greatly improved the integrity of the building envelope. Jim and his team once again went the extra mile -- this time during COVID -- to work with our schedule and get the job done while the commercial space was closed. I cannot say enough good about Reach Restoration. Go with them. You won't be disappointed.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you. Your review is greatly appreciated. We have recently been contracting more commercial work through property managers and general contractors often with purchase order numbers, so it was great to have the personal connection with your project.

AJM Toronto
AJM Toronto

Victorian house repairs

Moisture issues were identified at the front of my Victorian home. Reach Restoration to the rescue! Jim and his team, among other things, tuck-pointed the bricks, replaced the rotting window sills with limestone ones and caulked around the windows. The work was completed in a timely manner. This was a messy job - but every day they cleaned up the work site. They were pleasant, affable and accommodating. Jim helped me every step of the way from getting the power lines covered to locating an eavestrough company to repair the eavestroughs. This work was real value for money - and I have peace of mind that it was done properly. So a big thanks to you, Jim and the team.

Jenny W
Jenny W

Another excellent experience: Chimney and Masonry work

This is our second time using Jim and his crew on a different property. I chose them again because we were very impressed with their work (and professionalism) the first time, and we were again very pleased with their work. His team is friendly and professional, and the work is excellent!

Jenny thank you for your kind review.
The men are still talking about the gourmet coffee Denise made each morning. pleasure to have been of service.

Brian in Etobicoke
Brian in Etobicoke

Tuck pointing and parging repair.

I hired Reach Restoration to fix the top of my chimney, step cracks and holes in the brick work and to patch and repair the parging around the base of the house, mostly the garage.
Jim and his guys did a great job, it turned out better than I expected. They were on time, worked diligently and were respectful of my time and property. They kept the dust and debris to a minimum and used drop cloths to protect my freshly stained deck. They color matched the mortar perfectly and it is hard to tell there was even a repair in most areas. The job was completed on time, on budget and I am totally happy with the work they did. If you need your brickwork restored these are the guys you want to do it. I would highly recommend Reach Restoration.

Brian thank you for taking the time to write a review
for us. Yours had been the first residential project since the spring and we were certainly overdue for a review on Homestars. Your letter was greatly appreciated.
Best regards

DT in East york
DT in East york

Tuck Pointing and patching

I have an older home in need of tuck pointing and also removal and patching of 2 old kitchen vents.

Jim and his crew did a great job. The tuck pointing and patching looks great and they kept the amount of dust to a minimum.

To complicate things, the weather was uncooperative at times with multiple days of rain, but they were able to work around it and complete the job in good time.

Thanks for a great job Jim!

Thank you so much for the review. We certainly enjoyed the priviledge of working for you and bringing back the original lookof the facade.

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Tuck Pointing

I reached out to Jim given the ratings here. Jim responded to my request fro quote, gave me a reasonable price after inspecting the house, and completed the work as agreed over 2 days. Jim and crew left area very clean after day one. The work looks great and is just what I needed. Many Thanks Jim.

Chris thank you very much for your project. I am happy we were able to reach your expectations

Matt S_Toronto in Richmond Hill
Matt S_Toronto in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Window Openings and Tuckpointing

Jim and crew gave us new through wall openings for our new larger front door, front window and new back patio door. They did everything while we were there...three kids...minimal dust and disturbance and a total pleasure to be around. Honest, hard working and professional. They matched the old bricks with new, installed new stone lintels, poured a concrete sill for patio door and cleaned up the drywall at the new openings so the window and doors crew just popped the new units right in. We ended up getting them to do tuckpointing on two facade since they had scaffolding up already.

th in Toronto
th in Toronto

stalled house project...reach restoration to the rescue

In the depths of despair following a messy break up with a general contractor over the holidays, I called up Jim to see if he could help restart a stalled house project. He readily agreed and I discovered previously unknown skills offered by Jim and his crew. He has done masonry work for me in the past but the current house was cedar and cement board clad. Jim and his crew set up a 30 ft scaffolding to correct the previous contractor's work and suggested solutions taking into account the performance of the entire building envelope. He brought in his preferred roofer to do some complicated sheet metal flashing work and in many ways acted like a general contractor. I appreciated his attention to detail and the versatility of his staff. In addition to exterior cladding in tongue and groove cedar and cement board and batten, he rough framed my rear deck, installed fence posts, fixed drywall, waterproofed roof penetrations and poured concrete for my sump pit. Well done guys!

Thank you very much for your project. As an Architect your eye was very discerning and a good test for our framing and renovation
skills. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to work again under your direction.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Thank your Jim and the Reach Restoration team!

My 112 year old house needed some care and a lot of tuck pointing. Great job by Jim and the team! Fast, tidy and great work. Highly recommend them! Jill from Toronto

Jill it was a pleasure to provide our services to you and your family.
Our team is glad to know that the workmanship in colour matching your mortar reached your expectations.
All the best
Regards

Jakub K.
Jakub K.

Column rebuild

We have worked with Jim and Justin and team before. They rebuilt our chimney in 2016 and this time we had another challenge for them. We wanted to rebuild our brick column supporting the front porch canopy. As it required proper support we had no other names in mind than Jim and Justin from Reach Restoration. We called them up and they said they’ve done this many times and would ensure all structural aspects of the job are verified by a civil engineer. The job was done quickly and professionally.

More about Reach Restoration, Inc.

Our company specializes in the exterior restoration of buildings and homes. Reach Restoration has a combined experience of 50 years. Services we offer include; brick replacement, tuck-pointing, chimney building and repair, and general masonry reconstruction/construction. In addition Reach Restoration, Inc. provides preventive maintenance services and the painting of exteriors/interiors, caulking and immediate response for water infiltration emergencies. We work with our clients to achieve their goals. Their involvement in the planning process results in the completion of the project on time and to their satisfaction. Our tradesmen are polite and committed to their craft. Contact us for any related project you may be planning.