A Plus Air Systems Inc.

Reviews for A Plus Air Systems Inc.

Alessandro in Toronto
Alessandro in Toronto

Installation of tankless hot water heater

A Plus Air Systems installed my tankless hot water heater. From the in-home consultation to the final installation they were clean, friendly and efficient.

During the in-home consultation (before the install), the technician came by to measure and provided guidance on what the optimal location for the hot water tank would be. He worked with me to ensure that I was happy with the location and that (most importantly) it was technically feasible.

The installers were great too, they were clean and courteous. I asked them dozens of questions related to the tankless system and they passionately answered them. I realized throughout all the work done to my house over the years, if the trades people are passionate about their work they will without a doubt do a great job - and this was 100% evident in all my interactions with everyone at A Plus Air Systems, they love what they do and the quality of their work reflects this

Syed in Markham  in Markham
Syed in Markham in Markham

TANKLESS WATER HEATER INSTALLED BY A PLUS AIR SYSTEM

This was the 2nd time we had Carbon monoxide leakage since 2013 due to incorrect installation and venting of a tankless water unit by Reliance Home Comfort.

On Tuesday Nov.20th.2018 as promised Enercare Installers showed up on time and worked through the day and restored our heating and hot water.
First of all we would like to thank you Enecare professional services and giving us best possible solutions for our needs.
Would definitely recommend Enecare to anyone looking for Tankless Water Heater.

Once again big thank you to Sales representative Jesse G. Technicians Raza and Davon did a outstanding job.

dufour62
dufour62

RHEEM gas wather thankless and TRANE FURNACE

This is my experience
perfect installation, 29 September 2016
. They did not tell me the truth, when they sold me the water thankless.

It is not thru you will safe on gas and water bill.
My experience shows the gas and water bill did not change and it cost me more for the water bill.

This if the average time to get hot water.
We are just 2 persons in the house and we used

May/ aug 2017 we used 25 cubic meters . 25.000 litters
May/aug 2018 we used 32 cube meter this is 32.000 litters

You have to wait over 45 second for the shower to be hot
and over 25 second for the sink faucet

but follow up for maintenance
it is not true
you do not have to use them to flush (clean) you water thankless
and your FURNACE to keep your warenty.

for the water thankless you could do your self if you fell capable to do it
or use anybody who do installation and maintenance for water thank
and for the FURNACE you just have to be sure it is a certify installer thechnitien, and they give you warranty work,
I pass 5 hours on the phone just to be sure. With Rheem USA office because they do not have Canadian office.

and the blue back wall i built my self if not they would install the thank direclty to the fondation.

ToNY Bianchi in Woodbridge
ToNY Bianchi in Woodbridge

Additional costs

My Trane furnace was installed by this company situated in Etobicoke in April 2016. Last October 2017 a flame sensor was replaced for a cost of $107 labor included. On Oct. 13, 2018 we had no heat. A technician determined that the vent motor was faulty. Provided me with a temporary fix. Cost $141. Called this company on Oct. 15 and was advised that it would cost an additional $180 to install the motor which is under warranty. I asked why that was not done on Oct.13. Advised that they would need to pick it up as they do not carry them. Understandable but why could the technician not pick it on Oct. 13 and then install the motor at that time. I would have gladly paid $180 at that time. What a money grab!

MJE in Etobicoke
MJE in Etobicoke

AC install and furnace service

I have used this company for a new AC install which went exceedingly well. Because of that, I contacted the service for furnace issues and again was very happy with this service. They respond promptly to questions, issues and calls. They show up when they say they will. I have recommended this company to others with the same positive feedback from them. Will be my go to for products and service!!

khozema in Toronto
khozema in Toronto

furnace and central AC

Hello,
I hired A Plus in July to replace my heating furnace and a central air conditioner. I was very really very happy with the services provided. Their owner/manager Dave was always very prompt in responding to my emails/phone calls. He provided correct guidance/ recommendation. Also their quote was quite competitive and fairly reasonable. Dave’s boys did a fine job of installation. They were on time, very professional, and did a tidy job. The other advantage of hiring A Plus is that because they are Home depot certified contractors, you can avail of the Home Depot discounts and also make the payment through Home Depot credit card; it’s easy on your wallet as you don’t have to make a lump sum payment. Thank you Dave for the services provided and hope you will keep up your good reputation in future as well.
Khozema Mansure

Trane air condition and furnace

I recently (July 2018) bought furnace and air condition from Home Depot. Those units had been installed by A Plus Air System (Farid and Jagdeep). They did it professionally and clean. So far the air condition is running well. It is still summer and I don't use the new furnace yet.

Shana70 in Old Toronto
Shana70 in Old Toronto

I've never been treated so poorly by a service provider

5 years ago we purchased a new HVAC system for our house (furnace and central air) from Home Depot and A plus did the install. They were nice, we've had a maintenance plan with them since. Last week in the first heat wave of the summer the air conditioning wasn't working - it would turn on, barely cool air would come out of vents and it would shut itself off after anywhere from 5 to 20 mins. Our house never got below 28 on the ground floor and over 30 upstairs at the best of times and this was with all the blinds shut and curtains closed. So we called A plus first thing on Monday, explained what was going on and said we were also due for our annual maintenance call anyway. They said the soonest someone could come was Friday. On Thursday the company called and said they would have to cancel our appointment. My husband held firm and said no we'd waited all week, it wasn't working and they had to come. They said someone would come between 2 and 6pm. The technician came, and was surprised that we needed repair, apparently he was just there to do the annual servicing and couldn't do any repairs. He did his maintenance, cleaned filters and coils and said all the numbers were fine and it should be running. He was concerned that the AC kept turning off while he was here, he said all the components were working well and wondered if there was a breakdown between the thermostat and machine that was making it turn off too quickly. He called the office and reported all of this to them, he also made us a detailed list of all of his readings and stats from the unit. They said they would send out a repair technician the next day between 10 and 4. Luckily for us the humidity broke and we were able to open up the house and finally have some cool breezes and the best sleep we've had in over a week. Fast forward to 12pm today, technician calls and says he's 10 minutes out. He arrives and right off the bat it's bad. He walks in and is like your house feels nice and cool. Yes, because the heat wave is over and we have the windows open, the AC unit is turned off. My husband presents him with the list from the first technician and starts to explain all that has transpired. He is not listening and just keeps saying "your house is cool" and we have to keep pointing out that yes the heat wave broke and our windows are clearly open. We're concerned about the next heat wave. What was most concerning is that I start to notice he doesn't address me. When I do speak he speaks slowly like I couldn't possibly understand. I then realize he is mansplaining. Basically he says our unit is fine, says if there is another heat wave and it doesn't work then we can phone again and get another appointment. I have honestly never been treated this badly by a service provider and the kicker is we just purchased the “luxury maintenance plan” with them. So it's time to pay for the service call (he helpfully points out it's discounted because of the luxury plan) I hand him my credit card out of my pink wallet to pay and he turns with the invoice to my husband and says “I need your signature”! I was like “It’s my card, I’ll sign that." and off he goes. I was gobsmacked.

**Update
Our problem got fixed in the next heatwave - sure enough the same problem happened - after they read this review they were suddenly super eager to help and sent "their best guy" and he finally solved the problem - the pump that pumps water into the unit was not working hence the AC shutting itself off constantly. So I paid an additional fee to have that fixed ($169 plus tax maybe?)

Mimi from customer service also called to apologize. Which was great except she never said what the outcome was with the second technician - was he reprimanded? Did he receive training on how to talk to customers? Who knows!

But they have since called me repeatedly (twice yesterday alone!) asking me to please take down or edit this review as it would "really help them a lot". They've even called my husband on his cell to ask if he can please talk to me about it.

So here's my updated/edited review A Plus. I've upgraded them to 1 star for the 3rd technician who was super nice.

Review has 1 previous version
Nam from Richmond Hill
Nam from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Get water heater installation done quickly

The company is contracted by Home Depot. I was replacing my water heater which previously as rental. After you paid Home Depot, Dave at A Plus Air Systems was able to arranged the water heater installed quickly. The service was great. A+ recommended.

More about A Plus Air Systems Inc.

A Plus Air Systems was established in 1990 as a complete solution to commercial and residential heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs. A Plus Air Systems is currently one of the
largest authorized Trane Dealers in Ontario, and have been serving our customers with high quality Trane products. We install and service our furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, air cleaners, boilers, tankless water heaters and backup gas generators in Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls.