A Plus Air Systems Inc.

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Oakville  >  A Plus Air Systems Inc.

Reviews for A Plus Air Systems Inc.

shabir.thawer

The installation was done very well. However they told us they will come between 9 and 10 am and did not show up until almost 12 noon.
After the furnace was installed there is some humming noise whenever the hot water tank turns on. I believe it is because of the vent pipe. I am expecting this to be fixed soon as I have already mentioned it and shown to the he rep.

Thank you shabir for giving your honest views about us.
yes we will be finding the reason for the sound and will fix it soon.

BensonNF in Toronto

We had a very successful and clean install of our Trane furnace and AC unit. The technicians did a tidy and tight install, I wish I had the ability to contact them personally because dealing with the A Plus in regards to our warranty has been a nightmare ever since.

PROBLEM - Code 2 (External Lockout - retired or recycles exceeded). Our furnace is misfiring, so the gas doesn't ignite and it's blowing cold air. It's intermittent, sometimes it fires, sometimes it doesn't... so we can live with it by turning the furnace off and restarting it with the hope it fires.

Our sales rep Manny sold us our heating unit (Trane XV95) and explained we had a 10yr warranty, we have documentation where he circled warranty periods. Our furnace started acting up approximately 5 years and 6 months after the install... in it's fourth winter season, an otherwise near new unit.

PROBLEM - A Plus sent a technician over to look at our unit, he took it apart, spent about 20minutes to vacuum dust and cleaned a couple of contacts on the circuit board. With the unit still apart he called his dispatch, then approached me with options. His words were to the effect 'you are no longer covered under warranty, you need to replace the main circuit board for $1000, plus labour for the install, plus $200 for the service call'. Obviously not what we expected to hear so I asked if he could connect me with his dispatch manager who explained we are out of warranty as the coverage is ONLY 5 YEARS. The conversation with the manager continued and he offered no other options other than I call Trane directly to see if they what they would do.

At this point things are rather uncomfortable for everyone (my insistence they honour their word of a 10yr warranty, A Plus insistence that I pay for the repairs) and the technician is ordered ordered to leave by his manager.

PROBLEM - our furnace is still in pieces. The technician is already outside, I walk to the street and beg he at least return our furnace to the condition he found it in. He complies and while doing so I call his manager back and we agree that I will call Trane customer service directly to get a better understanding of the situation.

PROBLEM - after reassembling our furnace, it is now audibly much much louder and the plenum shakes and rattles. Also, the technician did not hook-up the condensate pump!

PROBLEM - I speak with Trane. They say in order to qualify for the 10yr warranty the installer must register the unit (which obviously they did not).

It took me a day to call A Plus back. When speaking to the same manager he is noticeable agitated and asks what I said to Trane. Apparently Trane called A Plus directly and suggested they take another sales approach or register the 10yr warranty on the customers behalf. This is bad for A Plus because they are an approved HOME DEPOT installer, that is a premium position as the installs for all furnace and AC sold through HD are referred to them, so their approach to the situation left a mark on their name. So now the manager is upset with me and explains it's on the home owner to register the furnace... this is news to me and too little to late. He is upset, I am upset. The options discussed are pay for the service call of $200, or pay $1400 to replace the board. That is it.

I feel completely misled by A Plus do to their sales approach, and victimized because they blame me for not registering the unit. Plus their unwillingness to provide options or meet me half way when reconciling a problem.

SOLUTION - none so far. Still rattling and misfiring. I am saving money to do the repair with another service provider

roax23

A Plus Air Systems Inc. has done a wonderful job when they replaced our furnace and air-conditioning units. The people from A Plus Air Systems Inc. were professional and efficient. Home Depot consultant, Irfan Khatri, provided to us the information necessary before we decide which type of furnace and air-conditioning system to purchase.

that was very kind of you to appreciate our services
wishing you many years of uninterrupted comfort.

The salesman estimated between 4 to 8 hours workmanship to install the water heater, AC unit and furnace. It took 12 hours for 2 very slow mechanics(one of them too chatty promoting some church material)They have charged my card for 12 hours without sending me a receipt, or the breakdown for the bill of materials. They also charged me for materials that have not been used. The salesman did not even had the decency of returning calls/emails b/c "he was at the cottage".Shameless.

Hello Sir
first of all it is impossible that our sales person would promise 4 hours for the furnace tank and the AC. Any layman would know it would take much longer
secondly I don't know of any of our sales people or installers who promotes church material
We never charge for stuff that is not billed. Please show us a proof and we can refund you for the charges that were not billed for

I strongly believe you have written a review for the wrong company

Please.check it out.

better still I would recommend you to call us at 416 213 0303 and sort out all the issues and clear out all the misunderstandings

A W.

We googled for TRane and A plus came up. We called and were told that a consultant would be in touch. IRFAN KHATRI came and did a thorough explanation of What we would need based on the size of our home, etc. Including any cost savings features...we went with his recommendations. ORDER process timely and installation appointment were booked right away and crew showed up on time...did an excellent job.! IRFAN is a pleasure to deal with and we highly recommend him for your furnace and air con needs..he would recommend the right solution for you.

That was so nice of you Ann to give us the true process you went through in your purchase for the furnace and A.C.. It was such a pleasure to work with you.
We wish you.many years of uninterrupted comfort with this new equipment. ...... Irfan and team at A Plus

Bala L.

This work was started and completed on Friday. Peter came at 830 am as promised. He quickly assessed and gave details to Dave who gave info to Home Depot. Within 10 am I got the quote. After paying home depot, Dave scheduled for afternoon. The installers came at 630 pm. They drove all the way from Pickering to Lisgar, Mississauga. They quickly did the install and left at 830 pm. I am very grateful to the A+ team for great work. Thanks

We really appreciate your business
A Plus Air team

Karthik

The process from start to end was smooth, everything were explained clearly and made sure we understand the ifs and buts. Irfan the representative supervised the entire process and completed the work with passion.

That was really nice of you Kalki. We thank you for your business and wish you many years of uninterrupted comfort with your new furnace and A.C. .. A Plus air team

MJE in Etobicoke

I loved this company!! Every call was answered. Every appointment was kept. Every promise including a written quote was met. I had other quotes both cheaper and more expensive but all refused to put anything in writing. The contact person attended on the day of installation to review what was ordered and a follow up call was made to ensure everything was done to my standards. It is unusual (unfortunately) to get this level of customer service. I highly recommend this company for your furnace/AC needs. .

thank you for the review ... A Plus air team

Nicolas B.

Irfan and his team did a great job with our furnace and AC. Irfan advised us well to choose the right equipment for our house. Surprisingly our furnace and AC had to be downsized. Which means savings at purchase and on operating costs. Great! The installation crew was very nice and efficient. They answered all our questions and left nothing behind. I called service the day after the install to enquire about condensation around copper pipes. Service was friendly and explained condensation was normal the 1st days and offered to send a technician if it continued. It didn't. We're now enjoying a fresh house for the rest of the summer! And best of all, the new system is much quieter so it doesn't wake me or my kids when it kicks in during the night. Thank you!

Thank you Nicolas. that was so very nice of you to write such a detailed review. We wish you many years of uninterrupted comfort with your new equipment. ... Irfan and team at Aplus

1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Hired A Plus based on superb ratings and reviews. Clearly, all bad reviews had been "scrubbed". The pair of installers were had no idea what they were doing. They left a big hole in the wall. One vent was installed upside down. A service valve to prevent leaks was left off. Parts were glued that were not supposed to be. AC lasted exactly two years before major repairs were required. Only parts were covered by warranty so I had another (this time competent) company do the repairs.

We are sorry you had to face these issues.
It would be great if you could call us at our office on 416 213 0303 or let us know your name and contact so we can make sure we do everything that we can to solve all your issues related to the A.C..

More about A Plus Air Systems Inc.

A Plus Air Systems was established in 1990 as a complete solution to commercial and residential heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs. A Plus Air Systems is currently one of the
largest authorized Trane Dealers in Ontario, and have been serving our customers with high quality Trane products. We install and service our furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, air cleaners, boilers, tankless water heaters and backup gas generators in Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls.