Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc.

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Markham  >  Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc.

Reviews for Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc.

Hong in Laval
Hong in Laval

A/C is not working properly

I am not recommend people to hire this company and the builder name " New Oriental Construction " I hire to install anything ,they both are not responsibility for what they did, when they collect the money the will disappears .they Install the A\C in my new build 2 Storey detached house ,it is not cool at all .I turn it on all day , it just come down 2 degree in the summer ,second floor like an oven .I called Brian to come back to fix ,he promises will come to fix this summer but he never come back , he is not answer the phone. he is not the good guy as the other review

Angelo T.
Angelo T.
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

AC installation

Very fast and efficient, professional and courteous overall unbelievable work I highly recommend this company.

Joseph Ghafari in Mississauga
Joseph Ghafari in Mississauga

furnace

2 years ago i install air condition from Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc.and it was an outstanding experiences ,and a job well done ,then last week my AC stop working ,so i call Mandarin Heating & Cooling and i spoke to Brian and as always ,he send a team to look what is the problem ,then we found out that is nothing wrong with the AC it's the furnace blower over heating and it was hot and my wife was sick ,so Brian team came to the rescue and did small fix ,until we get the new furnace in the next 2 days ,and with in the next 2 days they show up on time with the new furnace ,so with in 2 hours all done ,and they clean after them self ,i am so happy with this kind of service and quality of work ,i want to thanks team Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc., and Brian for a job well done ,if you need air condition or furnace you know team Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc. is the one .

Always Reliable....Better then all the Rest

Our water heater died in the middle of winter and although we had product protect with our 3rd Party Gas Supplier who advised us it would be days before they could provide a temporary solution until they got a replacement unit. There was no way we could wait....so I called Mandarin Heating who I have dealt with in the past with our renovation and unit replacements for all our properties...and Brian made it happen! Only one regret...I should have called him FIRST! He provided me with a new unit and saved the day! Brian and his team is always on point and reliable!

Elana in North york
Elana in North york

INSTALLING A NEW FURNACE

Our 17 years old furnace in a rental property broke down had to be replaced .Brian contacted us in response to contacting Homestar.
We received a few estimates and Mandarin Heating & Cooling quote was very reasonable and they could do the job the day after. The installers worked fast and completed the job in a few hours, leaving the place clean. Brian, the owner, arranged for us the audit in order to receive the rebate.He is also very pleasant and patient, and answered all the questions.
We recommend this company for the price and fast work.

Monika D.
Monika D.

Furnace/AC Replacement

For our 100+ year old house in Leslieville we desperately needed to replace our 25+ year old Furnace and AC before they broke down. We received 4 estimates on high and medium level appliances and Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc. came in with superior knowledge, great suggestions, a can do attitude and the best quote for a Lennox SLPV Furnace, high end AC and Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat. The rebates which Brian told us about made the deal quote affordable.

Moreover, installation was scheduled within a week and the installers were amazing. It was clear that this was a difficult job with many challenges in a small basement space. As well, when it looked like we weren't going to get the AC into the backyard because of narrow access, Brian and additional employees came to help lift the AC to get it into the yard. I'm certain that another company would have given up and told us to pick a smaller unit. All in all, I was extraordinarily impressed by the workmanship and the entire experience. I would strongly recommend Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc; in particular if you are looking for an excellent price and quality installation.

Jenny in Richmond Hill
Jenny in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Furnace replacement

I had my old furnace replaced by Mandarin Heating and Cooling in Fall 2016. I got four quotes with comparable prices, and finally chose this company based on a recommendation of a colleague and the reviews on Homestars. Regretfully, I am very disappointed with their performance because of the followings:

Problems in vent termination.
After the work was completed, I checked the finished work against the installation instruction and found 3 major problems in the vent termination: (1) The air inlet and exhaust outlet terminals was too close (5.5 in), which was much less than the minimum allowed distance (12 in, in accordance to CSA International B149 installation codes). This problem may result in recirculation of the exhaust back into intake pipe, causing the furnace operates inefficiently and unsafely. (2) The heights of both terminals above the ground (16.5in) were lower than that of the required (20in, described below), and this may result in block of the terminations by snow accumulation. The installation instruction clearly states that 12in minimum clearance of termination above average snow accumulation is required; according to Environmental Canada, GTA yearly has 5.2 days with average snow accumulation ≥7.9 in”; therefore, the minimum height of the termination should be about 20in (7.9in + 12in). (3) The outlet vent was covered with a PVC screen while the installation instruction uses an “IMPORTANT” sign warns that: “Do not use screens in exhaust terminations. Doing so will cause freeze-ups and may block the termination.” Brian said the termination was fine, however, since I insisted corrections, Brian later sent other technicians and fixed these problems.

Eight unnecessary joints in a 6-feet gas pipeline.
Shut-off valve, elbow and drip leg are necessary, and the resulting joints are inevitable. However, in the finished 6-feet gas piping there are 8 more unnecessary joints. This is because short, mainly 6in, black pipes were coupled to replace long ones. There are 4 such extra couplings, resulting in 8 unnecessary joints (each coupling has 2 joints). For example, a 1-foot straight gas pipe inside the furnace was installed by coupling two 6in pipes. This "putting-remnant-together" kind piping is not only ugly-looking, but is also a safety concern. Brain explained that “using the coupling inside the furnace is a standard practice, it's 100% safe after leak testing”. However, it is a common sense: the more joints, the higher the gas leaking possibility.

Rough operation.
The workmanship of Mandarin Heating and Cooling was poor. The operation was rough. For example, the furnace was pushed and dragged into the furnace room in a rude way regardless of the nearby water heater; the rug they used was pretty dirty and not long enough to cover the path; some mess was left in the furnace room, including a cigarette butt (brought in by shoes?).

In my opinion, the installation was unprofessional and the workmanship was bad, I don’t recommend this company!

We installed the furnace for Jenny about one year ago, after the job done, Jenny and her husband called us back and made a few complaints, I went back to the job site and looked into every complaints they had, some of their concern such as height of pipes, I said no problem and I got another technician fixed it right away. For vent outlet covered with screen, I told them we used it to avoid small animal or bird or other stuff getting into the pipe,and for the last 12 years in my trade experience,we had much more problems like this, but we never had any freeze-up happened because of screen, since they insisted, we took the screen out. For air intake and exhaust separation, it stated very clear on the Lennox furnace manual, "− Maximum horizontal separation between intake and exhaust is 6", Minimum from end of exhaust to inlet of intake is 6" -", we all know that manufacture's installation instruction has the advantage over CSA B149 codes if there is any difference. Again,since Jenny and his husband insisted, I asked technician made the change too.

For the gas piping, since it's very tight room inside the furnace,technicians had to use nipples, elbow and coupling to make the connection, that's a standard practice, our guys always did leak test on every joint to make sure 100% safe. For gas piping outside the furnace, our technicians did use a few couplings to make the connection, what happened was that they didn't have the longer pipes in the truck at that time, we all know, it's not looking very good, but it has nothing to do with rough operation, couplings made no more resistance to gas line.I did mention to customer that if they wanted us to replace the pipe, I can get guys change it. Actually it's really a shock to me today, everything happened over a year ago, I showed my patience and made all my effort to try to make them satisfied one year ago, it seemd to be ok, and they didn't say anything to me for about a year, but all in a sudden, they wrote a very bad review on us today, I really don't understand why they would do this to us, but I will let them know if they want us to change the piping, we will change it!

Mir
Mir

Furnace & Air conditioning Install

After doing a lot of research and searching for companies I was able to find Mandarin Heating & Cooling on Kijiji. The price quoted in the advertising were too low to be true when compared with the competition. However, when I called Brain and spoke to him immediately he made me feel comfortable of the price and product being offered by him. Brian quoted me prices for Goodman/Keep rite & Lennox and all the prices he quoted were way cheaper than any quote I had received. During the phone conversation he asked the right questions and he understood my needs and guided me to the product which fit best for me. I opted for the Goodman brand after doing a lot of research on their product/service & warranty (one of the highest in industry). I called Brian again not before I did a lot of research on his company and reading every single review he had and then I set an appointment with him to visit my place and go through everything, he came over the same evening and checked everything at my place and walked me through the whole process and what his team can and cannot do. He even offered me a free humidifier service & filter which his team made sure worked after the install.

His team came the same weekend on time and started there work, they made sure my floors were covered and once the old furnace was out they cleaned the whole area before installing the new. My basement is finished and I wanted them to run new copper pipes (as I live in 20+year old house) to the AC which was not an easy task. They spent extra time to make sure the new pipes were installed and the old ones disconnected and caulking was done to cover all the holes (They even did that to some other pipes in the exterior of my house). They did a very neat job and made sure everything was up to code and high standard (they made sure the job site was cleaner when they left better than when they started). He had promised govt rebates of $2100 and made sure all the necessary inspections from the auditors are done and took care of everything. Brian even made sure the products were registered with Goodman for all the extra warranty you receive when register.

I waited till date to write this review as was waiting for my rebates which I received last week way before the time I was promised by both Brian and the Auditor.

Lastly the price which after rebate was $1500 cheaper than the cheapest quote I had received for the same product Goodman 96% High Efficiency Two Stage ECM Motor furnace & 16 SEER Air Conditioner.

I would recommend Brian to anyone who is looking for quality product and service.

Hi Mir, I really appreciate that you take time of your busy schedule to wrote such a long excellent review for us. Thank you very much for your support and we will continue to do our best.

Sam
Sam
2 reviews Ajax, ON

New Furnace and Air Conditioner

We were looking to replace our 18yr old air conditioner and furnace and were shopping around for a price that would fit our budget. Brian was referred to us by a friend. Brian Zhong visited our home gave us a great price and took time to explain everything to us in detail and was not pushy like others who had come by. Brian is very professional and responsible and trustworthy. We consulted him several times before the install and after, he was always very prompt in his response. To make sure he could solve any problems we might have had he came to our home after the install and checked the entire work. He has a great and experienced team. On the day of the install, his team arrived on time and completed the work in a timely and professional manner and left the place absolutely clean! We were thrilled to see the great quality of service. I don't think anybody can do better than them. I will hire them again when we plan to get an ERV system. Thank you Brian and to your team!

Hi Sam, thank you very much for the review, we will be very happy to help with your next HVAC job.

Glen
Glen

Replaced hot water tank

Brian's was finished before I knew it. They were amazingly efficient and polite, and the price was excellent. I always recommend them to my friends.

Hi Glen, thank you very much for your review and all the referals!

More about Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc.

Mandarin Heating & Cooling Inc. has been in business since 2005.
We specialize in residential and commercial heating & cooling installation and duct work installation.