Renovation Advisors

Jane Jackson in Edmonton
Jane Jackson in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Bathroom Renovation

I was moving into a bungalow condo that was built in 1987. It was dated and had a tube shower and lower toilet. My knees have seen better days. Several friends had used Splash on 170St and were very pleased.
I called Greg the owner and he put me in touch with the designer Wendy.
She was very helpful guiding me through the process and made valuable suggestions. I made my choices
Jeff showed up at my place with all the required materials on time every day and got to work.
If he ran into a problem he solved it and then came to me. He left every day at 3:30-4 . The area wa# clean and tidy!
The staff were all pleasant, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this company!

Homeowner in Etobicoke
Homeowner in Etobicoke

Duroshed-still in business, honours lifetime warranties

Thx Duroshed for all free replacements for our 11 year- strong-shed. Here it is with a couple of free replacement shutters, and bottom door wood framing..all brand new, thanks to you....HOMESTARS, why cant I uncheck box that says I paid for this service...We didnt! Lifetime warranty....goes to show you the quality of their product. Very pleased with this kind of guarantee.

Slava in North York
Slava in North York

mila construction

i did start on homestars 2 month ago i have recieve 17 lids all of them fake ......people asking my phone numbre sayng they will call me tomorrow but offcoars no one called
i did visit 2 projects in 2 months all clients time wasters i give half price from original but the y watching me luycke im robbing them
i cant install tile for 75c per sq ft

i did mistake registering on homestars
i hope i can cancel it now

M. Cooper in Old Toronto
M. Cooper in Old Toronto

Installing replacement kitchen faucet

I recently called New Canadian Drain & Plumbing and made an appointment to have a replacement faucet installed in my kitchen. From the moment Raymond arrived, he was courteous, tidy and pleasant, and explained everything about the job. It was not a complicated procedure, but I felt extremely confident in his abilities. It was a great service visit, and I will definitely call this company, and this serviceman, in the future. Thanks, Raymond!

debbie rae from Newmarket
debbie rae from Newmarket

Five Star Painting

We used Five Star Painting to paint all of our doors, baseboards and bathroom cabinets. We were very impressed with their professionalism. They were here on time and we would use them again and would highly recommend the Company

Gordon Halfin from Thornhill
Gordon Halfin from Thornhill

Aviv Plumbing - Bathroom Plumbing repairs

I needed to have the thermal cartridge in a shower replaced and have the thermal cartridge in my other shower adjusted because it was not properly installed by another plumber. I contacted one very well known plumbing company and their quote (not including the cartridge) was outrageous. I called Michael Aviv at the recommendation of a friend. The quote given was very reasonable for the work to be done. The plumber who did the work (Andriy) was friendly and made sure that settings were done to my preference. The whole experience from my call to Michael to the completion and payment for the work was very positive. I highly recommend Aviv Plumbing, the price is fair and the service is outstanding.

Zaid, Toronto, On
Zaid, Toronto, On

It's not like it used to be

Homestars is not like how it used to be anymore. As business owner it was great until last year when they changed how customers can contact business. The calls an potential customers dripped while they raised there price and added lots of fees four extras to get more clients
It's not your good reviews anymore.
Lots of new companies popped up suddenly with tens of great reviews. So they used successful companies reputation to build a goods reputation to homestars and then they dropped the mask and showed there real face by charging tons of money to keep your company up and any new company can pay and have there reviews set up.
Not very impressed as a small company owner. I won't renew may listing this year which mean all my investment over the past years will go down the drain. But at $3600/annually + tx is ridicules. There is no fair competition between companies here....its who pay more add that's make me even questioning the whole site.

Hi Zaid, thank you for sharing your concerns. Our goal is to easily connect homeowners with great, highly trusted home service providers. When we make changes to our product it's to enhance this and give both homeowners and service providers more value. I understand you still have a Brand Builder Membership with us. One of our Customer Success Coaches is reaching out to you to see how we can help you increase your results with your current membership. If you'd like to share additional feedback, feel free to reach out to me as well - Sarah Steele, Director of Customer Success, sarah@homestars.com.

HomeStars is not the same as it use to be

I am a client of HomeStars for several years now. It is not a customer friendly company. I used to have my reviews checked (so say my clients) but when a bad review was posted by a client who actually did not pay the agreed amount HomeStars stood by the client, not by our company.
We also noticed that some companies from our industry were able to post not less than 90 revues at one! How is this possible?
Recently changed very much to the worse. Sue to some product testing I am getting leads that already expired! Within 2 minutes of posting them?
Pure waist of my time.

Hi Klara & Roman, I understand you're not happy with a negative review posted to your page. The reviews are considered an opinion on your service and we don't arbitrate who is right or wrong. All the reviews on the site go through screening before they are published and are subject to audits to ensure they are written by real customers. A company caught faking reviews gets a heavy penalty to their Star Score. I believe a few members of our team have been in contact with you regarding your questions about the leads. If you feel this has not been resolved feel free to reach out to our customer help team again at ProHelp@Homestars.com.

More about HomeStars

You read reviews on movies, hotels, cars and books right? But what about the most expensive purchase of all, your house. How do you find quality home improvement providers? HomeStars offers you up to date reviews on home improvement providers across the country. Written by people like you.