Design/Project Management
100 King Street West, suite 5700 Toronto ON M5X 1C7

Reviews for HomeStars

Zaid, Toronto, On
Zaid, Toronto, On

It's not like it used to be

Homestars is not like how it used to be anymore. As business owner it was great until last year when they changed how customers can contact business. The calls an potential customers dripped while they raised there price and added lots of fees four extras to get more clients
It's not your good reviews anymore.
Lots of new companies popped up suddenly with tens of great reviews. So they used successful companies reputation to build a goods reputation to homestars and then they dropped the mask and showed there real face by charging tons of money to keep your company up and any new company can pay and have there reviews set up.
Not very impressed as a small company owner. I won't renew may listing this year which mean all my investment over the past years will go down the drain. But at $3600/annually + tx is ridicules. There is no fair competition between companies here....its who pay more add that's make me even questioning the whole site.

HomeStars is not the same as it use to be

I am a client of HomeStars for several years now. It is not a customer friendly company. I used to have my reviews checked (so say my clients) but when a bad review was posted by a client who actually did not pay the agreed amount HomeStars stood by the client, not by our company.
We also noticed that some companies from our industry were able to post not less than 90 revues at one! How is this possible?
Recently changed very much to the worse. Sue to some product testing I am getting leads that already expired! Within 2 minutes of posting them?
Pure waist of my time.

House Depot
House Depot

Terrible and frustrating Customer Service: find other alternatives for your business

Terrible customer service.
I have been with homestars for a decade now, to me the customer service got much worse from a year ago, due to the following reasons
1. I was told by my homestars adviser, if I sign up for premium ad, then i will not be paying for email Leads which the customer sent. so i registered for both Hvac category and Electrical category. over $1600 per month extra.
then now i receive all the time this free Email Leads is free up to April 2018.
so i called, emailed, and texted few times, no answer yet for about a month. although they are charging the extra $1600 plus tax.
3. i asked them before paying $1600 plus tax, i need to see how many extra Leads a company will get, which is very simple. It took her a month, but still no answer
4. so i called the supervisor numerous times, he does not have a slight curtersy, for once in all of them to return my call. it is very belittling feeling i get when i see such disrespect.
5. i call, email, and text my homestars adviser, has never happenned to answer the call right away. AND WHEN SHE CALL YOU(I MEAN ME), THEN IN THE MIDDLE OF CONVERSATION, SHE CUTS OFF , WITHOUT ANSWERING THE QUESTION, AND SAYS I HAVE TO GO
VERY RUDE AND IMPOLITE.
I really do not know what kind of management this company has, very disrespectful to even to their own loyal clients of 10 years
6. Removing a bad review from a reviewer, which i have not done the job for him/her, is another story. it is totally at her/his(homestars personnel) whim to remove unfounded reviews.
As i have had instances, which the customer had written bad reviews on my competitors homestars, and they were easily removed
7. from the moment i asked them why i am not receiving hvac Email Leads, it has been two weeks all the Job Email Leads have been stopped to me. i called, texted, emailed to my homestars adviser, no use. is it grudge towards their clients like me? i do not see any other reason

unfortunately i got stocked with a homestars for 10 years, but seem i have to be looking for other alternatives, such as google reviews, facebook, and other local business listings, which they value their clients as well as the homeowners.

HomeStars is a pay to win company.

Been on HomeStars since 2007. It was great until 2016..
It used to be all about your star rating and reviews. The higher your rating the higher you were on the first page!
Hahahahaha not now...
they no longer support small busines or hard working businesses.

Now it's who can pay more to be at the top of the list VS a company's reputation.
you have a 95% star rating? well guess what, if you pay $750 +/ month your company will be above that company with a 95% star rating.
HS is just another company that was great with a great concept, but it was bought out buy an American company driven by GREED!

Andy from Toronto
Andy from Toronto

Windows installation

The service was excellent the people install my windows in less time than they had told me the installer were true professional and my sale person knew what he was talking about

Gloria Bogue
Gloria Bogue

Garage door repair

Used homestar to get info for garage door repair and got foot reviews about Markham garage door services. Email them and got a response within in an hour and contacted Chris and got my garage door repaired within 2 hours. Service technician john and rob were professional and had my garage door repaired. Highly recommended.

John in Ottawa
John in Ottawa

Homestars

This site allows anybody to post anything they want whether it is true or not. Be very careful dealing with Homestars once you sign up they will not allow for you to have your company name removed

1 review Georgetown, ON

Evan kitchen Cabinets inc

I worked with one of the owners, Val Franso, in designing my dream kitchen. The experience was a dream and my kitchen and entrance look absolutely stunning. Val is very personable, I was able to change my design without hearing him complain, instead he worked with me. He was able to squeeze in my timeline without rushing the work. Val and his team were very professional as well. It is evident that this is not just a job to them, but it is a passion and an art, everything needs to be perfect! In fact, when our home started shifting, Val made sure that his piece still looked as stunning as day one and I cannot thank him enough. Our home Reno project was huge and I have to say, Val and his team were the easiest, the most reliable and the hardest working group. I cannot praise or thank them enough!

Joanna & Alex in High Park
Joanna & Alex in High Park

Furnace maintenance

Over the years, Cosmopolitan has offered consistently high quality service when installing and maintaining my furnace and air conditioner. Mehfooz recently did the annual check-up on my furnace and made excellent recommendations on achieving high efficiency. And also thank-you to James who provides great customer service and follow-up.

More about HomeStars

You read reviews on movies, hotels, cars and books right? But what about the most expensive purchase of all, your house. How do you find quality home improvement providers? HomeStars offers you up to date reviews on home improvement providers across the country. Written by people like you.