Roof Pro + Home Improvements

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Newmarket  >  Roof Pro + Home Improvements

Reviews for Roof Pro + Home Improvements

Scott in Huntsville
1 review Huntsville, ON

Our home was hit by a tornado in August 2017. Our contractor and insurer were unable to get a local roofer to the job after trying for approximately 5 weeks. I contacted Jan @ Roof Pro, 175 Kms away. She was very helpful and a salesperson was on site within a few days. They rearranged their busy schedule and we had a roof at our home within a week. The crew arrived early and didn't leave until the job was done the same day. All work was completed in a friendly, workman like manner with many favourable comments being received from our neighbours. I've since referred others who are equally as happy. Well done Roof Pro.

Scott, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write them :)

Ross in Newmarket
1 review , ON

I returned from a business trip to discover that a significant portion of the soffit on the front of my home on the second floor had been pulled down and damaged by critters of some type. I called Roof Pro and a real live person answered the phone. She took my number and promised that Kelly would call. Kelly called me after business hours, listened to the issue and based on limited information, offered me an estimate. He agreed to come by the next day after lunch. He actually arrived well before lunchtime, and despite some concerns that there would be more work than he estimated. got right to work and repaired all the damage in very short order. The service was provided for the original estimate, and Kelly also checked the rest of the soffits to check for other critter damage. I was very pleased by the timeliness, the professionalism and the get it done attitude that I was shown. I recommend this company.

Ross, thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and thank you for the kind words about our organization along with your recommendation. We would be delighted to work with you or any of your friends or family in the future!

Liz in Newmarket
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Kelly and everyone at Roof Pro plus are amazing! I've been a loyal customer for years. They did my roof, eavestroughs and attic insulation. Everyone at the company, from the office to sales to roofers, to repairs are amazing.

I will always go to them for any further questions or concerns I have. I've recommended them to everyone I know!

It has been a pleasure working with you thanks for your kind words. Jan

Garry in San Francisco
1 review Pincourt, PQ

Comment: We originally contacted Roof Pro at the beginning of May because of a leaky roof. Cody arrived within the hour and had the leak fixed prompt;y. We mentioned that this had been a recurring problem. We were advised that the problem was actually due to the improper location of the chimney an to fix it properly it would have to be moved, which was done today. It was so nice to have someone finally do the job properly. The people we have dealt with at roof pro have been absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for the great service. Garry and Debbie

Garry. It was a pleasure working with you and your wife on your home in Newmarket. Thank you for your kinds words, Jan

Tony in Mississauga
1 review Aurora, ON

Very disappointed with the overall customer service from the scheduling excuses given , the way that the materials were dumped in the driveway and the time they took to complete the project. Installers destroyed shrubbery and lighting.

squashembugz in Bradford
17 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

After a multitude of issues with the first roofing company we hired for our house, we settled on hiring Roofpro plus to complete what our previous roofers couldn’t.

From the beginning we got great service, excellent communication and professional service. Chad was out to estimate our job on the SAME DAY we called them! He took a look, gave a quote and a start date. Not only did we pay EXACTLY what we were quoted, but they also showed up EXACTLY when they said they would and did the job exactly as they said they would.

Dealing with Roof Pro plus was a breath of fresh air, they didn’t damage our property, they were polite, respectful and courteous around our children.

It was nice to see they did a FULL clean-up and even ran a magnetic roller all over our entire property picking up nails our previous roofing company left behind.

Chad and crew we really appreciate the service we got and the roof looks great!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our work and for your kind words about Chad!

rtanaka in Nestleton
1 review Campbellcroft, ON

Roofpro did a terrific job on new roof...timely, quick , great cleanup, friendly workers, fair price .
Same with eavestroughing...reallgned , solid work...even cut down our vines overrunning eaves & chimney for us. ..quick & efficient.
No negatives whatsoever

PS I live near Pontypool , Ont.....not Nestleton as shown bekow. Plse correct

Ron,
It was a pleasure working with you, thank you for taking the time to share your review. Kindest regards, Jan

Mike
1 review Georgina, ON

I have a rather disappointing story for Roof Pro Plus. This company installed my roof prior to me purchasing this cottage. I needed new skylights (old ones were leaking) and called them up. They arrived rather quickly and were very friendly, both the lady on the phone and the man who came to give me the quote.

I decided to move ahead with the purchase and sent in the deposit. There were a few communication issues at the start regarding payment and start date, but to be honest, some of those could have been mine. The install day came and ended and I called to see how it went (again, this is at my cottage) and was informed it didn't happen and would happen the next day. No big deal. Ok, install happened on a Friday and I went to see that night.
Well, nothing happened the way I had expected or wanted. The installed skylights look terrible. Now, after discussing this with the company, I seem to have gotten what i paid for. I should have dug into this more and the company should have explained more.

Also, the installers left broken glass all over my lawn and used my brand new cedar table (which I built the previous weekend) as a work table and scratched it all up. I had to re-sand it and touch it all out. They also used my ladder and didn't put it away. Just careless attitudes it seems.

Long story.. but I called to discuss this and was promised a call back the next day. No call and three weeks later I send an email to see what is happening. I get a response right away saying someone did call me, but there was no answer, so I was then forgotten about..

It's not over yet, but I really felt the need to post this. I created a profile on this site today, just to show my displeasure at the entire experience. Perhaps they will make things right. They do seem like nice people and maybe this isn't typical.

Continued - June 21 - I was contacted last week and was promised a visit to my home at 10am on this past Sunday. It was father's day, but since they offered that date and time I accepted - I want to have this resolved. No show and no call.. I simply can't believe it... I will follow up with more when the time comes.

Well, the owner (I believe) arrived and brought the main installer with him. We agreed on a fix of the flashing and he apologized again. He said he didn't leave messages because he has a large crew and messages annoy him - or something along those lines. Not the best answer to a customer though. He also asked me that when the repairs were done if I would remove this rating. I said I would think about. He also gave me good advice on cleaning up the inside to make it look good.

Installer arrives a couple days later as agreed. He is a nice guy. He explains he has hurt his foot and can't wear his safety shoes. I agreed to let him on my roof so I could get this over with. He wore flip flops. I shouldn't have allowed this. He also had his pants so low my little daughter kept looking up and laughing at his "butt crack." Just unprofessional all around.

I am arranging now to pay everything in full - full. And I will not remove this review. Just too upset at the whole thing. Most likely a good company with the reviews I see here, but just too many problems for me to ever recommend this type of company. I guess when everything goes right it's great. They just can't recover when things go wrong. Which I believe is very important.

And to be fair, the repair made the skylight look much better.

Review has 1 previous version

Mike, thanks for taking the time to share your concerns regarding the skylight install I would like to address them. You are correct, the service team did leave a mess which is certainly unacceptable, and we sent them to clean up appropriately on Sunday morning as soon as we had heard they left without proper clean up. I wish that when you changed from deckmount (leaking horrible) skylights to curbmount skylights you had fully understood how different they would look. As you are on the lakefront and given the lake effect snowfall it is the professional assessment to change from deckmounts to curbmounts. You did ask for specifics regarding the skylights..which we sent (see excerpt from email....It's a Velux Custom skylight (no model number) Fixed Curbmount, comfort glass (05) we will be building a custom curb to mount it on and we will be installing custom metal flashings.It's 4-6 weeks for the order and deposit must be given at time of all custom orders.Comfort glass:
Exterior and interior tempered glass,Triple coated with LoE, dual sealed and injected with Argon gas,High energy efficiency and thermal performance protects against fade-causing UV rays..... The skylights have been properly and professionally installed and yes they do sit up on curbs which you do not like the look of on the outside or inside. We have some suggestions regarding how to "finish" the inside work required and I understand that you have confirmed that July 4th date and time suits as the appt on fathers day was missed. Please note that several calls were made to connect with you but messages were not left as we wanted to connect personally as we felt this was necessary given the previous history...we apologize for upsetting you further, that was not our intention. We feel that after the July 4th meeting you will have all you need to ensure that the transition of the drywall to the inside of the skylight curb can be made to look seemless. Once again thank you for your feedback Kindest regards, Jan

Cameragirl in Barrie
1 review Innisfil, ON

Our new home of 4 yrs has had an ongoing problem with water running off the roof and straight down the front of our house soaking the brick and foundation. The builder sent a person to fix the problem a few years ago, but it never was really repaired.

Recently, I discovered Roof Pro Plus at a home show in Barrie. They were friendly and knowledgable so I decided to give them a try.
Kelly examined our roof and within minutes was able to tell us the problem and a solution. We are thrilled to say he did a great job and now it can rain and we will not worry anymore.
We highly recommend Kelly for your roofing needs. He is skilled, knowledgeable, friendly and honest.

Paul in Canada

We had to replace our shingles in late 2015, before winter due to the deteriorization of our previous less than 10 year old roofing materials. After extnsive research and multiple quotes we went with Roof Pro Plus. Their Corning shingle and underlayments are top notch products and the team doing the install was professional, very experienced and accomodating to a number of special requests we made, The job was done quickly and clean up was excellent. If you are having your roof done you should definitely have them in for a quote.

Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review! Hope you and yours are enjoying your new roof...Kindest regards Jan

More about Roof Pro + Home Improvements

Complete re-roof, new roofing, repairs, flat roofing, eavestrough, soffits, facia, skylights, blown in attic insulation top up to R60.

We are fully insured, and all work is guaranteed. Roof Pro Plus Home Improvements South is a family owned, and operated business and are happy to say that we still operate with the same excellence of workmanship, attention to detail, and service that the company was founded on.