Kings Custom Renovations

Review for Kings Custom Renovations

Sarah, Upper Beach
Sarah, Upper Beach

Laundry Room Reno

I hired Brent [removed last name- ed] to rip out the drywall and insulation in a laundry that needed to have the plumbing rerouted. Brent had done work for my neighbours and seemed very friendly and helpful, and his quote was very reasonable. I should have remembered the old adage, you get what you pay for. Brent came and removed the old drywall and insulation and then installed new insulation. Before he could install the dry wall I discovered another problem and subsequently had to hire some insulation experts to come and give an expert opinion. In looking at what he had done, they commented that it had not been done correctly, that he had installed vapour barrier directly against the brick that was going to cause condensation problems. I decided to go with a sprayed on icynene solution and arranged for Brent to come back and rip out the insulation he had put in. He agreed to come the day before the spray foam application was to happen. In the meantime, I paid him for about 80% of the quoted job (I know, stupid). He cashed the cheque and then never showed up to remove the insulation, leaving me to scramble the night before to take it all out myself (and incidentally parts of it were already damp with condensation build up). Then he did not return any of my phone calls and never finished the job he was already mostly paid for. For someone who was fond of saying, "Don't worry Sarah, I'll take care of you, don't worry" he sure turned out to be unreliable and dishonest. I would never use or recommend him to anyone again!