Mhc Home Comfort

Reviews for Mhc Home Comfort

Roya from Mississauga
Roya from Mississauga

Fireplace installation

I recently purchased 2 fireplaces from Mhc Homecomfort, they installed them as well for me, I am happy with their job and I recommended them to all my friends.
Thank you Mhc Homecomfort.

Kathy from Mississauga
Kathy from Mississauga

Removal of red tags

Made an appointment for the removal of 2red tags from enbridge. When the tech came he refused to do both tags, said it would have to be a separate call. The first tag was for a gas leak in my fireplace, which the tech fixed. The second was to confirm that there was a shut off valve for the second fireplace. I showed the tech the valve, he still refused to sign off on the tag. I called the company after he left and they said they would come and pick up the tag no problem. They never came! I called them numerous times, they kept saying "I don't know anything about it, let me check", or other outrageous excuses. Then I found out, four days later that they didn't send in the red tag that they signed off on. So I called them again. They said they were waiting for the second tag. They are supposed to fax in the tag right away. I told them that I am not having them back. The gentleman Eric said if another company comes in and passes that valve MHC would pay for that service call. Another company came in, looked at the valve and signed off on the tag, no problem. I called MHC, they said that they would get back to me. Of course, I'm still waiting. This company doesn't seem to be too honest, to me. They want your money more than they want to give good, and honest service. They tried to take advantage of me. Don't call them! If you use google to look for a home and comfort company and you see their name, keep looking. They are not nice, and in my opinion practice bad business.

Dear customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion we previously caused. Our services and staff have greatly improved as we currently work hard to satisfy our customers. Please contact us if there is more we could assist you with. Thank you for your feedback.

Hank in Mississauga
Hank in Mississauga

fireplace inspection gas line removal

when i called this company I told them I just purchased my home and needed my fireplace inspected as i have no previous experiance with fireplaces. I told the guy on the phone I need some one to give me a wett certificate and give me a full inspection! I was told that the person coming would be able to take care of everything!! the guy who shows up does'nt do the certificates and he does'nt know anything about wood burning fireplaces! yet still charged me $95 to look at the opening of my fire place which took him literally 30 seconds not much of an inspector as I myself am a plumbing inspector and know whats neccesary to see something in its entirety and it certainly takes longer than that!! so now im stuck paying someone else to accomplish the same thing, what a waste of my money!! so since he was here I had him remove a gas pipe for a fair price of 60 dollers but he left the hole in the brick outside open the hole is about two inchs around a rodent could easily fit in there. so needless to say I dont reccomend these guys call someone else!!

Dear customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced through our services. However, we have improved greatly in regards to the services we currently offer, and have made it our number one goal to satisfy our customers. Such problems will not occur as our staff is trained, licensed, and experienced and can guarantee a proper job. Thank you for your feedback.

Cara Smith in Mississauga
Cara Smith in Mississauga

Gorgeous Gas Fireplace Insert

I dealt with Reza and I was thrilled with the service and advice I received from MHC Home Comfort. They recommended the perfect insert for my needs and when it needed something fixed, they came out same day and fixed it. They are so nice and very accomodating. I would definitely recommend Reza and the MHC Team again to anyone.

Dear customer,
Thank you for your review and we are pleased to know that you are satisfied. We hope to be of more assistance to you in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

The Fist in Mississauga
The Fist in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Gas Fireplace and Gas line

We purchased a Gas Fireplace locally through the MHC Home Comfort store, and scheduled an installation. The installation included tile finishing and a gas line installation. The pre-sales process was fairly good, and the sales person came to our house and walked us through the process. We purchased the fireplace, and scheduled the installation. We also contracted them to install a gas line to our deck, so that we could have a gas barbecue later on.

The installation process was fairly quick and painless, and the job done on the fireplace installation appears to have been done properly. The tile finishing I'd rate 6/10, since there are some areas around the edges which have small gaps. Minor, but it really takes away from the finish to see that. I'd actually recommend that if you buy a fireplace from these guys, that you have someone else do the exterior finishings. When we turned the fireplace on for the first time smoke started pouring out of my pot lights and consuming the top area of my basement. After panicking and shutting everything down, I got a hold of them, they said that this was normal for new fireplaces, and to let it burn like that for a while and it will eventually clear. This was the case, but I found it odd that they didn't walk through this with me.

If this was the end of my review I would have rated them higher than I did. However, I am not impressed with the gas line installation.

1. The connection on the deck is already rusting significantly after a year. I think some rust is normal, but this is excessive.

2. We recently had a home energy audit done. This was before the fireplace/gas line was installed. When we had our second audit, our home was SIGNIFICANTLY worse. With the fan spinning at our door and the house pressurizing, we went around to try and figure out where the air leaks were happening. I was surprised to discover that the area around the gas line was sucking in a TON of air. It seems that after they drilled a hole in my house for the line, they didn't seal it at all. Completely unacceptable.

After discovering this, I really hope that they did everything right with the fireplace. No problems yet, but who knows.

Dear valued customer,
We apologize for the previous issues and guarantee you that we only hire gas licensed, experienced and trained technicians so despite the acceptable issues you have pointed out you can be sure that the fireplace was installed correctly. We would like to inform you that our staff, service, and overall work quality has improved since and we continue to work on improving ourselves. If you wish you, may contact us for any future home comfort needs you may have and we will provide you with satisfactory service. Thank you

Shannon Sim in Mississauga
Shannon Sim in Mississauga

Fireplace Installation

They did a wonderful, clean job with the installation, I'm very satisfied with my new fireplace, and I specially like their customer care. I recommend Mhc home comfort to anyone looking for heating and cooling products, they do an awsome job.

Catherine in Mississauga in Mississauga
Catherine in Mississauga in Mississauga

Installation of ductless air conditioner with heat pump

MHC was able to source the air conditioner very quicly. They showed up on time and installed it in about an hour and a half. There were no extra costs and the unit was worked very well since having it installed about 5 months ago. The only thing I would recommend, is to have an electrician verify the wiring afterwards. They had used a circuit breaker that was of a higher rating than the specifications required, so I had to have a new circuit breaker installed. The rest of the installation was good.

B.A. in Toronto
B.A. in Toronto
7 reviews MISSISSAUGA, ON

Old furnace maintenance

They would have received as close to a perfect score, but here's why they didn't:

1) They were going to install a new part into a dirty compartment.

When I asked if he was going to clean the part first, he told me it was an additional $100. I definitely needed it so happily paid it.

At the end of the installation, I asked him (Sam was his name) if he was going to clean up the mess he made from cleaning the dirty part left on the basement floor. He said he would and never did.

He seemed to be in such a hurry to get out -- and I was nothing but polite and courteous the entire time.

He asked me to turn on the furnace to ensure it would start and since it was over 90 degrees outside, I asked him to wait a few seconds while I turned on the air conditioner ...

.. and this is where he loses points.

He said he wasn't there to fix the air conditioner and if it didn't work, too bad for me.

Thankfully my air worked, but he really misses the customer service part. If my air didn't work, the company had a customer standing directly in front of their technician and he would have lost me with that comment.

The company also tried to sell me a new furnace instead.

So I wouldn't not recommend them, but they certainly could improve their people skills.

Alison Linsley-Melo in Mississauga
Alison Linsley-Melo in Mississauga

New furnace and air conditioning

We were looking to replace our furnace which was 28 years old and wanted a energy efficient model. We had just replaced our furnace in our last house and really liked the carrier product that we bought but it took them 2 days to install the furnace alone. After discussing the products with Mississauga Home Comfort we purchased the furnace, ac and the programmable thermostat and everything was done in less then one day.
We were very happy with the service, are happy that the entire set is all energy-star and we are saving in both heating and cooling costs.

m begin in Mississauga
m begin in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Customer service

Bought a hose for my bbq and when we went back to return it with proof of purchase we were declined.

One of the most rude manager/owners I have come across. Definitely needs to take a course in customer service. He told me to go ahead and complain to who ever I felt like. So here it is!!!

More about Mhc Home Comfort

MHC Home Comfort has premium quality products, and in-store financing along with the service that you need. Our warm and inviting 4000 square feet showroom displays the most advanced state-of-the-art fireplace technology, plus Napoleon gas grills, patio heaters, Carrier and Lennox furnaces and air conditioners.
Comfort advisors and fireplace designers from MHC Home Comfort are always available for consulting in your home for heating and cooling solutions or fireplace design. MHC Home Comfort supplies its' customers with their desired products and provides installation by fully gas licensed, manufacture trained, and highly experienced installers. MHC Home Comfort features a big collection of high quality innovative gas fireplaces, gas inserts, gas logs, and gas stoves in traditional and contemporary designs.