96 Beavervalley Dr. Brampton ON L7A 3R3
Royal Basements Inc.

Reviews for Royal Basements Inc.

David and Paty  from Brampton
David and Paty from Brampton

Kitchen Renovation

When the time came to renovate our kitchen, Rene came to our minds. I have known Rene for at least 24 years and I knew he was into renovating kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. After knowing Rene for so long I can say that he is a honest, hard working, and all around good person. We had a good idea of what we wanted to do in our kitchen but my wife and I were impressed by the advice Rene could give us from his experience. Rene's advice made sense and was very helpful, he pointed out flaws with what we had originally wanted and suggested ideas which did make our kitchen look bigger and more modern. Rene acted like a very professional consultant, taking us step by step through the renovation process.
We are very happy with the result, the work was done efficiently and on time, we felt that Carlos and Rene tried their best to make the experience as comfortable as possible. Considering renovations can be a very uncomfortable, we feel very satisfied with the workmanship, and cost of the project was excellent for what we got. Rene's associates, who made and installed the kitchen cabinets, were very professional. Just like Rene and Carlos they covered many important details that resulted in an excellent finished product.
Overall, we feel blessed that our money was well spent and we will hire Rene and Carlos without hesitation for any future projects. Rene earned our trust with his honesty, attention to detail, and professional character. We are 110% satisfied and would recommend him to anyone looking to renovate.

Thank you Paty & David.
Royal Basement team still doing profesional workmanship and depending on the material that you chose too (no cheap stuff) so that make the different. we can be the best but you made a good desition with our little help of course and your kitchen is nice though.
You should take some picture and put it here.
Thanks.

JAMES KNOX from Brampton
JAMES KNOX from Brampton

KITCHEN TILING Nightmare!

Tiling Nightmare! Flooded our laundry room!
*******************************************************
Nice guys -until we refused them a 2nd chance at re-tiling our upscale kitchen after botching the 1st attempt (crooked tiles, unlevel transition) then they threatened to walk off the job.
We had many projects lined up for Rene but his easy going attitude soon disappeared when we told him we did not want to go through all the dust again in our new house! These guys might be ok for basements but according to the professional tilers we talked to “they knew nothing about tiling properly!”
1. Never checked if floor was level (it was), yet tiles went from 0" to over 1" of cement causing 18" tiles to dip & sink!
2. Never checking tile quality (installed crooked curved tiles -not rectified)
3. Failing to add extra screws into the sub-floor for strength & reduce possible squeaking.
4. Rene’s personal method of watering down grout “so it slides beneath tiles” is completely incorrect resulting in washing out all the colour!
5. Rene said he couldn’t help the tripping difference between hardwood and kitchen tiles -yet the professional tiler we had after him succeeded!
6. When we caught them dumping a pail of cement water down the laundry sink,
they said it was “only water” yet you can see from the photo it was cement & clogged our laundry pipes causing 2 floods!
7. Left our backporch full of broken tiles, wire & cement!
I also injured my hand badly trying to drill a hole for a water pipe that Rene had failed to do.

Rene admitted he was unhappy with his tiling & told the tile store he would right the problem -but he refuses to honour his work & reimburse us for his damage ($3072.80 bad tiling job -$1760.54 his garage work = $1312.26 . When I said my wife & I would seek reimbursement from the court, His last comment was “lets go to court.”
We will see Rene in court if he does not want to reimburse us for the damage he caused. Homeowners should not be worse off from the contractors they hire!.

1. Get project details in writing with deadlines. 2. Don’t use them by the hour even if Rene claims “it is a better deal” as it was $670 more! The only freebies came from us: cases of water, cookies, cds, posters...

Mr. Knox,
Thank you for the feedback. At Royal Basements, we strive for customer satisfaction at all times, as seen in all of our other reviews. It is very unfortunate that you are unhappy and that our provider-to-customer relationship was not a positive one. The statements made in your review are contrary to our experience on that job site. We wish you the best in the future.

Pablo from Toronto
Pablo from Toronto

Finishing Basement

Rene and Juan of Royal Basements are highly recommended. They are so detailed and fast not sacrificing quality. Shedule is spot on. They know what they are doing. Very courteous and easy to deal with. They go the extra mile in doing "small" things free of charge. Payment is not an issue. They will collect once they have done their work. We will definitely hire their services on our next project. 10 -star rating definitely!!!

Thank you Pablo for this review is mean a lot to Us.
God bless

Ravina from Mississauga
Ravina from Mississauga

Bathroom Renovations

Rene and his team were a true pleasure to work with. They were punctual every morning, and always greeted my family with a smile. We had two bathrooms renovated. We provided Rene with our outlandish ideas and he shared his wealth of knowledge on the subject and soon we were ready to begin. Rene always keeps in touch with his clients, so the stream of communication is open and easy. Like with any renovation, not everything goes according to plan, but Rene and his team didn't let that stop them from getting the job done right. We felt comfortable about discussing our concerns about both renovation projects, because we knew that Rene had our best interests at heart. He is a very kind, gentle guy, who has proven that he will go above and beyond for his clients. Whether that has to do with adjusting our meeting times, giving us the contact #'s for the best quality materials to work with, or doing the actual job itself. Both bathrooms are now complete. They each have a tall, gorgeous shower installed, which works incredibly well. Everyone who has seen our bathrooms are in complete shock, and awe. The best reaction is when your guests are left speechless! I wake up every morning for work, and still get taken back by the beauty of it all. I feel like I’m walking into my own world. It's enchanting and such a blessing to have your personal vision manifest into your reality. I can't thank Rene and his team enough for all of their hard work, patience and dedication. If you want to make your dream renovation into a true life reality, contact Royal Basements. The royal treatment, it's in the name. Nailed it!

It was a privilege to serve you and your dream project. I am pleased that it was a great success and positively satisfied with the complete project. Thank you for your kind words, I am extremely grateful.

Royal Basements team

Mike Bilon from Toronto
Mike Bilon from Toronto
2 reviews North York, ON

Basement Renovation

Rene's estimate and schedule where bang on, while the quality of work exceeded expectations. The renovation included replacing all the wood paneling from the basement foyer, vanity room and rec room along with install the home theatre in-wall wiring for 9 speakers, 4 cat 6 internet connections and door and window trims. He also on his own initiative installed drywall in the laundry room and vanity closet, this was over and above what was expected (at no charge). A very professional job at the least.

Thanks for your comments, it is very important for Us to know that you are satisfied with our workmanship. we hope to serve you and the nearest future.
Sincerely.

Royal Basements Team.

Sam's from Mississauga
Sam's from Mississauga

Basement Renovation – 550 Sq. Ft

We just completed our basement renovation by Royal Basement; it was terrific work by Rene and his team. The work included one room, a hall, and 3 piece bathroom and cover framing, drywall, install doors, plumbing, electrical with pot lights, laying floors and tiles, and paint. Rene and his crew & tradesman are very courteous and pleasant to deal with, and did an excellent and high quality job. Rene satisfied all our requests, and the job was completed within time and according to estimate. We’re very pleased of choosing Royal Basement for our renovation and we highly recommend Rene for you next renovation.

Hello,

It was a honour and a pleasure in providing our service to you and your home. We are happy to know that you are pleased with the completed project and we thank you gratefully for your thoughtful review.

All the best,

Les - Brampton
Les - Brampton

Basement Renovation, Replacement of Staircase, Potlights and Deck Completion

I hired Royal Basements Inc. to complete my basement after comparing 3 different vendors. The bid was not the cheapest but was the only one which included a diagram of how my basement would look including overall shape, potlight placement and room layout. Based on a strong gut feel, I decided to proceed with Rene and his crew.

Upon review of the contract including all aspects of materials, adherence to code and payment schedule, I proceeded with a deposit inwhich I felt very comfortable giving.

Rene's crew came onsite almost every day at 8:00 a.m., working till 5:00 p.m., sometimes longer and in some cases even worked Saturdays and long weekends (which was convenient for us as we were happy to get the work done faster). I found Rene and his crew had a very strong work ethic and had great attention to detail. I work from home and regularly went down to visit, asking alot of questions, all questions were answered in a calm demenour by all staff. I understand doing work and stopping can be difficult however made me feel my voice was heard in consideration of the overall job in which I very much appreciated.

I paid ontime by schedule and monies were never requested before the scheduled date. Rene spent alot of time ensuring the solution fit. In some cases didn't charge for small upgrades for my benefit and satisfaction for the overall job. I know he thought about our job afterhours in personal time (to fix those small nagging items that sometimes up) and I appreciate this energy and concern for a job well done.

Rene, Mario, Juan Carlos, George, were all great with my 2 babies (2 year olds) and were always respectful of them and my wife. I felt comfortable with them.

This could have been a Holmes nightmare, glad it was a positive experience. Thanks Again, Les

Christina
Christina
1 review , ON

Basement Bathroom

We hired Rene to renovate our basement bathroom. During this time he was professional, experienced and detail-oriented. Overall he is a good person and a great contractor to work with. I recommend him for your home renovations.

wow Thanks so much, this will help the company to grow in our community an be more professional and trustful.

Denise from Brampton
Denise from Brampton

325 sq ft basement renovation

Rene and his crew are the greatest. No detail was too small. The quality of their work was excellent. They said it would be done in 2 weeks and it was. They did the framing, drywall, electrical, pot lights, painting, an exhaust fan, carpeting of stairs and the hardwood floor. I would highly recommend them and would use them again in the future.

I am Glad to heard from clients like you that are satisfied with our work. please keep in mind, you have warranty on the job that we provide for one year ok.
and also i like the way you treat us with respect and kindly.
Thanks so much. 14-11-2012

David in Etobicoke
David in Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Brand new Basement and Mainfloor Bathroom

Rene and his team recently completed two major projects for our bungalow. Our dated 1950's basement, and our dis-functional main floor bathroom. When we met with Rene after reading his Homestars reviews, we were thoroughly impressed with his sincerity, professionalism, and calm demeanor. Rene stayed true to his word from start to finish. Rene and his team of professionals completed all the major work, including; demolition, framing, electrical and plumbing, drywall, flooring, lighting, kitchen installation, and painting. They also identified and fixed our leaky basement issues by doing an extremely solid job of waterproofing. It was no small job, as they diligently dug around the exterior of the house in the sweltering heat. I would highly recommend Royal Basements for any renovation work required. We now have a beautifully renovated, 1100 sq ft basement, with a functional kitchen, 3 piece bath, and 2 bedrooms. We also have a brand new main floor bathroom thanks to them. Our next project will involve making an open concept kitchen and family room , as well as installing hard wood flooring throughout the main floor. There is no doubt in my mind that I will turn to Royal Basements for this project, and many others for my home. Lastly, Rene and his team stayed on budget and time, and went over and beyond their call of duty by fixing other small jobs that were not part of the original plan. I sincerely thank them for their diligent work, attention to detail, honesty, and integrity. We are excited to have a beautifully renovated home for our family for many years to come, and also happy that the value of our home increased substantially due to the quality of workmanship and new space provided.

David & Jennifer: Thank you for your comments on the website of HomeStars, about Royal Basement. For us it was a pleasure working on the renovation of your basement and bathroom. We are pleased that you are satisfied with the final results. The main goal for Royal Basement is customer satisfaction.

More about Royal Basements Inc.

Family owned & operated since 1992 and Incorporated in 2008, Royal Basements Inc. believes in delivering excellence and high-quality service to home-owners and investors in the Centre-Wellington, Waterloo Regional and Greater Toronto Area. Whatever the project is, we do it all professionally, abiding by the Ontario Building Code for the finished product. "We follow the stipulated regulations very seriously with renovations" - Rene Alfaro, Founder with over 25 years of Home Renovation Experience. We provide all kinds of renovations and home improvement services, all in one place! From scratch framing, to drywall, and up to the beautiful finishings. We are extremely passionate and take pride in our home renovation and improvement service; it has happily brought our costumers extremely satisfied with our work, Guaranteed! Visit us on the web!

Call us and make your dream projects become reality!