Wood Specialties

Best of 2018 winner 5 timesBest of 2018winner 5 times

Reviews for Wood Specialties

Nina in Toronto
Nina in Toronto

A Difficult Piece (an Ornate Picture-Frame) Beautifully Refurbished! Thank You!

We have a beautiful wooden picture-frame, which someone had painted with an ugly wall paint that masked the beauty of the wood grain. Jeff and his team removed all the wall paint from it, stained it perfectly to match our surrounding furniture, with the wood sample I provided, and put a nice lacquer on it. This brings out the true beauty of the frame, and both my Mom and I couldn't be more pleased with it. They did it fairly quickly, and charged us a very fair price, for the amount of work required. It wasn't an easy piece to refurbish, due to the intricate structure of the carved wood. We are very glad we turned to them for help to have this unique piece refurbished, and we thank them very much. The first two photos are of the frame before it was refurbished, and the last three of it afterwards, with its painting back in place. We are grateful to Jeff and his team. They truly are master craftsmen. Jeff even went out of his way to deliver it to me at an agreed upon location and to wrap it nicely so it wouldn't get damaged during transport. My Mom is amazed and says it now looks, "Like new!" even though it's quite old.

Nina thanks for your great message.It was a pleasure working on your beautiful frame.

Refurbish Dining Sideboard

Jeff was such a pleasure to deal with. Their work transforming an old dining sideboard to a beautiful TV console table was amazing. I would highly recommend Wood Specialties and definitely use them again!

Thank you for those kind words.
It was a pleasure working with you to create a beautiful piece of furniture.

Nancy in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

Reglued corner of dining room table and removed white water stain from antique tea table. Also made a template for the tea table for possible glass protector

The work was done in a very professional manner in our home.

He responded to my original enquiry in a timely manner and scheduled within the week to do the work. Jeff and his partner are great to work with. Years of experience and real appreciation

nleppik@knowledgesystems.com
m3b 1m3

Thank you kindly Nancy, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Refinished wood desk

Jeff refinished and restored an old desk that used to be my father's - it turned out beautifully. Along with the great craftsmanship came a lovely customer service experience. I would use Jeff again in a heartbeat.

Thanks a ton for that great review.
Really much appreciated.

Fraser in Toronto
Fraser in Toronto
2 reviews , ON

Front Door Restoration

I recently had our old front door refinished by Jeff and his team, and we are so pleased with the results. It was covered in coats of old paint and had seen better days, but we were keen to keep the charm of the old door - the result is better than we could have imagined. Friendly and timely service, fair prices and beautiful workmanship means we won't hesitate to use Jeff's services again!

Hi Frazer,
Many Thanks -We really appreciate your great review and so glad your classic front door turned out looking so good.

Iris in North York
Iris in North York

Repair & refinishing of dining room hutch

I recently had my 1930 dining room hutch repaired and refinished by Wood Specialties and was very pleased with the work done. When I went to see the finished piece at the shop I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful the piece had turned out and the excellent workmanship. Jeff was so pleasant and helpful to deal with.
I would highly recommend Wood Specialties!

Thank you Iris-much appreciated.

mapaal in Mississauga
mapaal in Mississauga

Kitchen Cabinet Door Re-Finishing

My custom, solid oak cabinet doors were 20 years old and in need of re-finishing. I was OK with the colour, but the varnish was worn and dull.
After contacting several contractors and contacting referrals, I settled on Wood Specialities.
Jeff listened carefully to my requirements. I removed my own doors and hardware, then dropped them off at Jeff's shop. He completed the work on-schedule and the results were better than I could have imagined.
As a fellow woodworker, I appreciated Jeff's passion and attention to detail. This project was too big for me to handle and I'm glad that there are professionals like Jeff around to rely on.

Thanks for those kind words Michael,most appreciated. It was a pleasure working with you.

Carla Rocha in North york
Carla Rocha in North york

Dining Table and Chairs refinishing

Our dining set is an original Gibbard Queen Anne style table and chairs made from mahogany. It is classically beautiful and a family heirloom from 30 years ago but needed some TLC and to be transformed in a way that suited our home and more updated style. Jeff completed this work exceptionally! Customer service and timeliness from start to finish were wonderful. Most importantly, we are thrilled with the final result...it is modern but pays homage to the quality of the pieces. His patience with us in choosing an appropriate finish was exemplary and appreciated- we love the soft grey look. The work speaks for itself and we would recommend Jeff and his services to anyone.

Thank you kindly Carla it was an interesting project with a uniquely beautiful outcome.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Dining room table

My dining room table had heat damage, drink rings, and looked terrible. I had to always cover it with a cloth to hide the damage. Due to a recent move, I decided to get it refinished and was very fortunate to find Jeff. He did a fantastic job and the table looks brand new. It belonged to my grandmother and hasn't ever been refinished and it probably looks even better now than when she bought it. I am so pleased. If you are looking to refinish your furniture, look no further than Jeff at Wood Specialties.

Hi Andea,
It's so rewarding when the people I work for are so appreciative.
Thank you kindly.

SHalasz in Brampton
SHalasz in Brampton

Broken antique dining room chair

I have a set of 4 antique chairs and one has been broken a couple of times before - this time, we were afraid it was unfixable but I found Jeff and he fixed it so beautifully - that when I put it in the dining room and asked my family to identify which one had been broken, they couldn't identify the right one!

I recommend Jeff for his craftsmanship, integrity - he had it finished when he said - and the ease of doing business.

Hi Susan
Thanks for those kind words
I enjoyed the challenge and it's great when the work is appropriated.

More about Wood Specialties

WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL WOOD FINISHING COMPANY WITH 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND ALSO SERVICE MANY HIGH END STORES, DESIGNERS AND CONTRACTORS IN AND AROUND TORONTO USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS WITH SERVICES SUCH AS:

1.REPAIR AND REFINISH ALL CONTEMPORARY AND MODERN HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE.
2.RESTORE & REFINISH ANTIQUES.
3.RESTORE ALL OFFICE FURNITURE INCLUDING,BOARDROOM TABLES,DESKS CREDENZAS AND WALL PANELING,(DONE ON SITE)
4.REPAIR & RE-GLUE ALL CHAIRS .click on "more"
5.FINISH NEWLY MADE FURNITURE AND COMPONENTS.
6.REPAIR REBUILD AND REFINISH PIANOS INSIDE AND OUT
7.COMPLETE RE-UPHOLSTERING SERVICE
ALL DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND WITH GREAT TLC.
If you would like an estimate for a project you are considering,
please send detail photos and be sure to include dimensions, directly to jeff@woodspecialties.ca.