Wood Specialties

Furniture Refinish & Repair

Reviews for Wood Specialties

donations in Ajax, Ontario CANADA L1S1Y3

WE recently had two tables refinished by Jeff. We couldnt be more happy with the way they turned out! One of our tables was an antique used by nuns in a convent. Jeff repaired and refinished it and it is beautiful!! Thanks Jeff!

Table looks amazing in it's setting.Thanks for photo and really pleased that you like it.

Jennifer, Lawrence Park

When I need a new piece of furniture I like to pick up old pieces and bring them back to life. My secret is that I have Jeff do it. A couple of months ago I picked up a sturdy little desk at a hotel liquidation warehouse at a discount because it needed refinishing and had a deep gash across the top. Jeff made it beautiful in a gray lacquer and even drove with me to a glass shop so I could get a glass top made. I'm very happy with my desk!

I really appreciate those kind words Jennifer, it's always a pleasure doing work for you.
Thank you kindly.

mckib in Toronto

Absolutely terrific.
Highly customer driven to point he picked me up at the subway station to take me to his work space!!!
Would use him again and again
We choose the colour together and it came perfectly.
Do not have a car and Larry transferred perfectly to and from.

Ann

SJP in Midtown Toronto in Richmond Hill

I've used Wood Specialties twice over the past 4 years, and each time they did an excellent job. In June 2017, Jeff repaired the cracked pedestal leg on my mahogany dining room table. In 2013, Wood Specialties refinished a mid-century bedroom set I inherited. The set was badly scratched and had an unattractive orange hue, from years of polish build-up. Jeff suggested refinishing the set in a lighter colour to bring out the wood grain and update the look. Now the set looks beautiful and modern. (Jeff is a rare breed these days - someone competent, kind and proud of his craftsmanship.)

Very happy in Scarborough

We researched several furniture refinishing companies and found Woodspecialties with multiple rave reviews. We met Jeff who came to our home to talk about the process and estimate. He was very knowledgeable and helpful, and responded immediately to our subsequent emails. We were so confident in Jeff and his company and pleased with the estimate that we gave him a total of 22 pieces of solid blond oak furniture to stain in a dark walnut colour.
The work was done in a VERY impressive timeframe of 6 weeks. We were invited to the shop to pick out the stain colour, later to check that the finish was to our liking, and then to check all our pieces for our final complete satisfaction.
Jeff and his team work extremely well together with true respect for one another and a great collaboration which creates an atmosphere of total professionalism which we really appreciated each time we visited. This made us feel at ease while we left all this work for Woodspecialties to accomplish.
We cannot say how much we are EXTREMELY PLEASED with our refinished furniture which was returned to us repaired, perfectly smoothly finished and just like brand new!!! MUCH, MUCH better than buying new!!!
We WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend Jeff and Woodspecialties for any refinishing project you may have. We wish we had done this sooner!!! We are so pleased that we are now going to ask Woodspecialties to refinish other pieces we have.

Laura Rennie from Toronto

We used Jeff and Wood Specialties to refinish our dining room furniture and are very pleased with the outcome. While the work was being done Jeff kept updated on how the project was going and once done, he provided us with instructions for care (good bye Pledge!). The furniture turned out beautifully and it has given the room new life! We would definitely use Jeff and Wood Specialties for other projects!

My husband and I were very satisfied with the work that was done. Jeff and Doug are two of the nicest guys to work with. They take pride in their work and and have such craftsmanship. Their prices are very reasonable. We took off our cupboards and the hardware ourselves and dropped them off at their shop and then picked them up when they were ready. They even let the doors sit at their shop for several extra days to air out to let the lacquer smell dissipate. The doors were then wrapped in foam to prevent scratching during transport. The colour of the stain was a perfect match. They spent one day at our house to scuff clean and apply polyurethane to the non-removable parts. All the ugly water damage and wear and tear are gone. We would totally recommend them! Thank you Jeff and Doug for making our kitchen look new again!

diane.kerbel in Toronto

Jeff and Co. recently refinished a sideboard that we had inherited. It is a very unique 8 foot long, birds eye maple piece that we found to be irreplacable but it had a yellow hue that we didn't like. We thought that it had a lacquer finish but in fact it had a 'polyester' finish that is almost impossible to remove. Jeff agreed to give it a try. Although it was a very difficult, labour intensive job they were successful. Jeff helped me to find the right stain for it and it turned out magnificently. We could not be more pleased and grateful for his perseverance. They were terrific to deal with.

Kathy B from Toronto

Jeff provided a prompt, competitive quote so I decided to hire Wood Specialties to refinish an old dresser. Jeff and his staff were friendly, competent and on-time. The finished product was beautiful, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wood Specialties.

Mary from Toronto

Thank you Jeff and assistant for a beautiful job finishing my old furniture. My apartment shines now!!

I would not hesitate to recommend and promote Jeff's services to anyone I know.

More about Wood Specialties

WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL WOOD FINISHING COMPANY WITH 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND ALSO SERVICE MANY HIGH END STORES, DESIGNERS AND CONTRACTORS IN AND AROUND TORONTO USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS WITH SERVICES SUCH AS:

1.REPAIR AND REFINISH ALL CONTEMPORARY AND MODERN HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE.
2.RESTORE & REFINISH ANTIQUES.
3.RESTORE ALL OFFICE FURNITURE INCLUDING,BOARDROOM TABLES,DESKS CREDENZAS AND WALL PANELING,(DONE ON SITE)
4.REPAIR & RE-GLUE ALL CHAIRS .click on "more"
5.FINISH NEWLY MADE FURNITURE AND COMPONENTS.
6.REPAIR REBUILD AND REFINISH PIANOS INSIDE AND OUT
7.COMPLETE RE-UPHOLSTERING SERVICE
ALL DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND WITH GREAT TLC.
If you would like an estimate for a project you are considering,
please send detail photos and be sure to include dimensions, directly to jeff@woodspecialties.ca.