Wood Specialties

Home Office Silas Hill Drive;Shop Dufferin/Finch ON M3H 5T8

Best of 2018 winner 5 timesBest of 2018winner 5 times

Reviews for Wood Specialties

Four Poster Bed Repair

I broken and lost a finial on my bed. Jeff made a new finial and attached it to the post. It’s perfect! You can’t even tell!

I'm pleased you were happy with the finished item.
Thank you kindly for the review.

M from Toronto
M from Toronto

Expert repair and refinishing of wood furniture

Jeff and his team have repaired and refinished several pieces of antique furniture for me over the last couple of years. I cannot express how delighted I was with the results and how grateful I am to have found Jeff. I inherited several beautiful but damaged pieces of furniture from a beloved grandmother. Jeff literally brought them back to life. The first time I used Jeff's services, I almost couldn't believe the results. I gave him a battered, broken table (one that I feared was damaged beyond repair) and the item he returned to me was beautiful and whole. I simply cannot recommend Jeff highly enough. He is a pleasure to do business with and his work is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks a ton for those comments. I enjoy working with you and hope we can do more work for you in the future. Kind Regards

Coffee Table

Jeff and his team are true professionals. He always kept me informed and was very reliable. The final product turned out better than when it was new. We could not be happier.

Thank you kindly for your remarks and your patience during these very difficult times.
Much appreciated.

Refinishing fireplace mantel

Jeff and his team did an amazing job of refinishing my fireplace. The customer service was outstanding. Very thoughtful and took time to understand exactly what I was looking for. I highly recommend Wood Specialties. Very responsive and timelines were met.

Really pleased you are happy with the Finished product.
It was more than a pleasure working with you.
Thank you kindly.

Judi in Toronto
Judi in Toronto

Excellent work and service

Jeff and staff refinished a large kitchen table (damaged from many years of daughter's art projects) and a large desk (damaged by me and by puppies who thought they might chew on a leg occasionally)....both items were beautifully restored. Jeff's provided prompt and excellent service doing exactly what I requested. I would recommend Wood Specialties to anyone requiring comparable work.

Hi Judi
Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this review.
Greatly appreciated.
Jeff

Pam
Pam

Tender loving care of a vintage wooden clock

I was heartbroken this summer when a vintage clock I inherited from my father after he passed away fell from our wall, seriously damaging the points on the diamond-shaped wooden frame. I entrusted Jeff with the repair of the clock and held my breath, not seriously believing it could actually be restored. To my ever-lasting gratitude and delight, not only did Jeff repair the damage sustained when the clock fell (Jeff's repair work is literally invisible), he was able to repair a number of other nicks and scratches that the clock had suffered through its 50+ years of love in our family (as well as several moves). On top of all that he was able to clean the entire wooden surface and refinished it beautifully. It now looks as fresh and as beautiful as it did when I was a kid. Thank you so much Jeff for doing such a beautiful job. I can't thank you enough.

Pam it was a pleasure working to restore your treasured piece and really happy it turned out so well.
Thanks you kindly for your comments.

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Furniture refinishing

We wanted our table, stools and game painted a matte black. These pieces are over 22 years old and hand carved in Ghana. The end results is simply perfect Thank you to Jeff and staff for a great job!!!

Hi J,
Thank you kindly.
Regards
Jeff

Kris in Toronto
Kris in Toronto

Did a great job on my table

Jeff and his team did a great job refinishing my dining table in the darker stain that I wanted, and were truly a pleasure to deal with. Would choose them again!

Thanks Kris,happy it turned out the way you wanted it.

Nina in Toronto
Nina in Toronto

A Difficult Piece (an Ornate Picture-Frame) Beautifully Refurbished! Thank You!

We have a beautiful wooden picture-frame, which someone had painted with an ugly wall paint that masked the beauty of the wood grain. Jeff and his team removed all the wall paint from it, stained it perfectly to match our surrounding furniture, with the wood sample I provided, and put a nice lacquer on it. This brings out the true beauty of the frame, and both my Mom and I couldn't be more pleased with it. They did it fairly quickly, and charged us a very fair price, for the amount of work required. It wasn't an easy piece to refurbish, due to the intricate structure of the carved wood. We are very glad we turned to them for help to have this unique piece refurbished, and we thank them very much. The first two photos are of the frame before it was refurbished, and the last three of it afterwards, with its painting back in place. We are grateful to Jeff and his team. They truly are master craftsmen. Jeff even went out of his way to deliver it to me at an agreed upon location and to wrap it nicely so it wouldn't get damaged during transport. My Mom is amazed and says it now looks, "Like new!" even though it's quite old.

Nina thanks for your great message.It was a pleasure working on your beautiful frame.

Refurbish Dining Sideboard

Jeff was such a pleasure to deal with. Their work transforming an old dining sideboard to a beautiful TV console table was amazing. I would highly recommend Wood Specialties and definitely use them again!

Thank you for those kind words.
It was a pleasure working with you to create a beautiful piece of furniture.

More about Wood Specialties

WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL WOOD FINISHING COMPANY WITH 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND ALSO SERVICE MANY HIGH END STORES, DESIGNERS AND CONTRACTORS IN AND AROUND TORONTO USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS WITH SERVICES SUCH AS:

1.REPAIR AND REFINISH ALL CONTEMPORARY AND MODERN HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE.
2.RESTORE & REFINISH ANTIQUES.
3.RESTORE ALL OFFICE FURNITURE INCLUDING,BOARDROOM TABLES,DESKS CREDENZAS AND WALL PANELING,(DONE ON SITE)
4.REPAIR & RE-GLUE ALL CHAIRS .click on "more"
5.FINISH NEWLY MADE FURNITURE AND COMPONENTS.
6.REPAIR REBUILD AND REFINISH PIANOS INSIDE AND OUT
7.COMPLETE RE-UPHOLSTERING SERVICE
ALL DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND WITH GREAT TLC.
If you would like an estimate for a project you are considering,
please send detail photos and be sure to include dimensions, directly to jeff@woodspecialties.ca.