Wood Specialties

Furniture Refinish & Repair

Reviews for Wood Specialties

Refinished wood desk

Jeff refinished and restored an old desk that used to be my father's - it turned out beautifully. Along with the great craftsmanship came a lovely customer service experience. I would use Jeff again in a heartbeat.

Thanks a ton for that great review.
Really much appreciated.

Fraser in Toronto
Fraser in Toronto

Front Door Restoration

I recently had our old front door refinished by Jeff and his team, and we are so pleased with the results. It was covered in coats of old paint and had seen better days, but we were keen to keep the charm of the old door - the result is better than we could have imagined. Friendly and timely service, fair prices and beautiful workmanship means we won't hesitate to use Jeff's services again!

Hi Frazer,
Many Thanks -We really appreciate your great review and so glad your classic front door turned out looking so good.

Iris in North York
Iris in North York

Repair & refinishing of dining room hutch

I recently had my 1930 dining room hutch repaired and refinished by Wood Specialties and was very pleased with the work done. When I went to see the finished piece at the shop I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful the piece had turned out and the excellent workmanship. Jeff was so pleasant and helpful to deal with.
I would highly recommend Wood Specialties!

Thank you Iris-much appreciated.

mapaal in Mississauga
mapaal in Mississauga

Kitchen Cabinet Door Re-Finishing

My custom, solid oak cabinet doors were 20 years old and in need of re-finishing. I was OK with the colour, but the varnish was worn and dull.
After contacting several contractors and contacting referrals, I settled on Wood Specialities.
Jeff listened carefully to my requirements. I removed my own doors and hardware, then dropped them off at Jeff's shop. He completed the work on-schedule and the results were better than I could have imagined.
As a fellow woodworker, I appreciated Jeff's passion and attention to detail. This project was too big for me to handle and I'm glad that there are professionals like Jeff around to rely on.

Thanks for those kind words Michael,most appreciated. It was a pleasure working with you.

Carla Rocha in North york
Carla Rocha in North york

Dining Table and Chairs refinishing

Our dining set is an original Gibbard Queen Anne style table and chairs made from mahogany. It is classically beautiful and a family heirloom from 30 years ago but needed some TLC and to be transformed in a way that suited our home and more updated style. Jeff completed this work exceptionally! Customer service and timeliness from start to finish were wonderful. Most importantly, we are thrilled with the final result...it is modern but pays homage to the quality of the pieces. His patience with us in choosing an appropriate finish was exemplary and appreciated- we love the soft grey look. The work speaks for itself and we would recommend Jeff and his services to anyone.

Thank you kindly Carla it was an interesting project with a uniquely beautiful outcome.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Dining room table

My dining room table had heat damage, drink rings, and looked terrible. I had to always cover it with a cloth to hide the damage. Due to a recent move, I decided to get it refinished and was very fortunate to find Jeff. He did a fantastic job and the table looks brand new. It belonged to my grandmother and hasn't ever been refinished and it probably looks even better now than when she bought it. I am so pleased. If you are looking to refinish your furniture, look no further than Jeff at Wood Specialties.

Hi Andea,
It's so rewarding when the people I work for are so appreciative.
Thank you kindly.

SHalasz in Brampton
SHalasz in Brampton

Broken antique dining room chair

I have a set of 4 antique chairs and one has been broken a couple of times before - this time, we were afraid it was unfixable but I found Jeff and he fixed it so beautifully - that when I put it in the dining room and asked my family to identify which one had been broken, they couldn't identify the right one!

I recommend Jeff for his craftsmanship, integrity - he had it finished when he said - and the ease of doing business.

Hi Susan
Thanks for those kind words
I enjoyed the challenge and it's great when the work is appropriated.

donations in Ajax, Ontario CANADA L1S1Y3
donations in Ajax, Ontario CANADA L1S1Y3

Refinished tables

WE recently had two tables refinished by Jeff. We couldnt be more happy with the way they turned out! One of our tables was an antique used by nuns in a convent. Jeff repaired and refinished it and it is beautiful!! Thanks Jeff!

Table looks amazing in it's setting.Thanks for photo and really pleased that you like it.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Beautiful work

When I need a new piece of furniture I like to pick up old pieces and bring them back to life. My secret is that I have Jeff do it. A couple of months ago I picked up a sturdy little desk at a hotel liquidation warehouse at a discount because it needed refinishing and had a deep gash across the top. Jeff made it beautiful in a gray lacquer and even drove with me to a glass shop so I could get a glass top made. I'm very happy with my desk!

I really appreciate those kind words Jennifer, it's always a pleasure doing work for you.
Thank you kindly.

mckib in Toronto
mckib in Toronto

Refinishing of table

Absolutely terrific.
Highly customer driven to point he picked me up at the subway station to take me to his work space!!!
Would use him again and again
We choose the colour together and it came perfectly.
Do not have a car and Larry transferred perfectly to and from.

Ann

More about Wood Specialties

WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL WOOD FINISHING COMPANY WITH 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY AND ALSO SERVICE MANY HIGH END STORES, DESIGNERS AND CONTRACTORS IN AND AROUND TORONTO USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND MATERIALS WITH SERVICES SUCH AS:

1.REPAIR AND REFINISH ALL CONTEMPORARY AND MODERN HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE.
2.RESTORE & REFINISH ANTIQUES.
3.RESTORE ALL OFFICE FURNITURE INCLUDING,BOARDROOM TABLES,DESKS CREDENZAS AND WALL PANELING,(DONE ON SITE)
4.REPAIR & RE-GLUE ALL CHAIRS .click on "more"
5.FINISH NEWLY MADE FURNITURE AND COMPONENTS.
6.REPAIR REBUILD AND REFINISH PIANOS INSIDE AND OUT
7.COMPLETE RE-UPHOLSTERING SERVICE
ALL DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND WITH GREAT TLC.
If you would like an estimate for a project you are considering,
please send detail photos and be sure to include dimensions, directly to jeff@woodspecialties.ca.