Above the Level

Review for Above the Level

Michelle in Nottingham
Michelle in Nottingham
1 review Scarborough, ON

We were supposed to get a fence but never ended up receiving one. He took our 50% deposit and didn't return.

Ian came to my neighbour and solicted business. He knew that it was new subdivision and so he preyed on us because everyone wanted to get a fence. He advised us that he was an honarable business man and that he would get the job done right. He wanted 50% up front, which for us was $975. I was very uncomfortable with this payment plan but the majority of my neighbours were ok with it because of the "honest" presentation that he gave us. He was supposed to start the job on a Saturday, called us and made up an excuse as to why he can't come. Then he was supposed to come on Tuesday, then Wednesday and never came. We finally called him on Thursday and advised him that we do not require his services anymore and wanted our money back. He refused, he advised us that we need to put the request in writing. We ended up putting our requests in writing and then he sent us a letter back advising that he was going to have to take adminsitrative fees which for us was $300 from the $975.00. We refused to accept this had a few arguments with him on the telephone and since then we have not heard from him nor received a dime of our money. Never again, would I give cash upfront, 50% of the job when the person didn't do a thing. He made off with about $3000.00 or more between my family and my neighbours.