H F Smith Home Hardware

Courtney in
Courtney in
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Amazing customer service!

I had an amazing experience with this location this morning! To set the scene, it was snowing, and I needed to get to Mississauga for a doctor's appointment. My wiper blade snapped off and I felt completely helpless! I pulled in and immediately a young man engaged me, realized I was in a panic, got me all the supplies I needed and installed the new blade so I could make it to my appointment. I could not be more grateful! Amazing support and customer service, I will ALWAYS shop at this location moving forward

Digitalview in
Digitalview in
2 reviews Beeton, ON

Stairs and Flooring

The folks at HF Smith Home Hardware, quoted a price for us to install hardwood in our second floor as well as continue the hardwood down our stairway. The flooring on the second floor went without a hitch. The only complaint was that the worker was supposed to remove all the any of the discarded flooring and nails. Which he didn't. Not the end of the world. The rest of the work was very well done.

However when it was time to have them come back to complete the flooring down the stairway. They had sent the same worker and he was very nice. Unfortunately this time around his workmanship and attention to detail was simply put; terrible. Nail heads protruding, gash and large scrapes on the face of the new wood steps, large gaps were left, and a section of the step that the worker said he simply didn't know how to finish it...??? As he was leaving our home, he left my wife wax wood filler crayons and explained to her how to touch up the imperfections....WTH? I took complete and detailed pictures of the crap work that he did and contacted the store and the individual we were dealing with. After forwarding the pictures to him, he was very apologetic and promised to send the worker back to fix the problems. The worker did another crap job of the areas he was supposed to fix. So we had to contact the store once again and have them resend him over again. This time I requested that he redo the steps he had messed up as now they are looking really bad.
Finally this time they got the job right and I was happy to conclude my business with them.

We had just taken posession of our home and we had several other jobs in the house to do, new basement door, new windows, attic insulation, fencing the property and redoing the bathroom on the second floor.

Because of the issues we had with HF Smith Home Hardware's contractors not doing a good job after several attempts. We've opted to source out the work for the remaining projects to other contractors.

Marjo Niemi in Sharon
Marjo Niemi in Sharon
4 reviews EAST GWILLIMBURY, ON

flooring

I went to store and there was right away someo one helping me and asking all the questions of our project.
We were able to do easy decision and go from ther to purchase the product and go home and get the project done.

Lorne Everett
Lorne Everett
1 review Angus, ON

Supply material for custom Home

When a problem comes up Reg contacts the proper people to solve it quickly and it's correct!! Neil with the help of his staff will search all over to find the best price and quality products. He treats you like a good friend.