HomeStars  >  Demolition in Vaughan  >  Accu-Star Environmental Inc.

Reviews for Accu-Star Environmental Inc.

Asbestos check.

We were so happy with the company. They assisted us in an asbestos check before we did our bathroom reno. So professional and courteous! Nav was very knowledgeable and so pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended.

YY
YY
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Wish I went with another company ...

We hired Accustar to remove the asbestos lined duct work from our home. These are just a few of the photos I took after the Accustar employee said they were all done. You be the judge if you feel this was responsible handling of a toxic substance and if this is the type of work you want done in your home.

You may wonder if we got a good "deal"? No, we got 3 quotes from several companies and they were all within a small margin of difference. Accustar was in the middle in terms of cost.

We paid half the work up front as required, and we haven't paid the rest nor has Accustar demanded this.

We lost all trust in them and hired another company to finish the abatement. I am furious that my young children and wife were exposed to this mess.

Unfortunately, this industry isn't regulated in the way you would expect. Third parties offer certification training, but there is no license to practice - meaning no licensing board to report bad work to and no serious penalties or accountability for bad work.

After several communications and months of waiting for this company to make this right by taking ownership of the additional expenses we incurred, we still haven't received any kind of intent from them. Emails go unanswered and we play the escalation game.

I hope others find this helpful.

Asbestos removal from basement pipes

From initial contact to Nev's consultation to the work completed cleanly, efficiently and quickly, it was a great experience. My questions were answered, the team was courteous and Amanda was very helpful. I would highly recommend Nev and his excellent team.

Arthur Fonseca in North york
Arthur Fonseca in North york

Demolition of concrete/brick deck

Hired Accu-Star, lead by Nev Budhwa and his team, to demolish my concrete and brick deck that was tied to the house. Nev was friendly, courteous, and honest. The team on the job were hard workers and kept my backyard organized and clean. They completed the job to my satisfaction on time and on budget. Not sure I can ask for much more. Would definitely re-hire / recommend Accu-Star.

Eniko in Toronto
Eniko in Toronto

Interior Demolition

We are completing a major renovation of our newly purchased home and we needed therefore a complete interior demolition including walls, windows, subfloors, etc. We have received a few quotes from various demolition companies including prices and timeliness. All were very competitive and available to start the work on our schedule. With Accu-Star though, from the very first phone call answered by Amanda through to the last item removed from the site - the entire experience was smooth and wonderful. When we met Nev, the way he presented his company and explained how he stays behind the work he is completing, the experience, knowledge and attention to details made us feel very comfortable with choosing Accu-Star. And we were right! Leo and his crew came always on time, listened to our asks and completed the work with great attention to all aspects (we had other contractors working on site sometimes in parallel with Leo's crew). Throughout the entire demolition process - all our phone calls were answered on time, all requests scheduled and completed on time accommodating a very hectic schedule - great experience. We are recommending Nev and his crew to anyone who is looking to hire a demolition crew that is taking any project very seriously. Thank you Amanda, Nev, Leo and the entire crew! We are very happy with the work you have completed.

A Kwan
A Kwan

Asbestos removal and major demolition work

I contacted Accu-Star based on a recommendation from another company that did some asbestos testing for me. Nev, the owner, came to provide a quote and was a pleasure to work with - he's knowledgeable, experienced and genuine wants to ensure that the asbestos is handled properly. He took his time to explain he abatement methods and procedures. I was doing a major renovation of my home and required asbestos to be addressed in various areas including bedroom ceilings, floor tiles, several main to 2nd floor duct runs and transited siding all around the exterior of the house. Accu-star addressed all areas without issue and gracefully handled a query from the City regarding the work - after which the City notified me that they were fully satisfied that work was being done to standard.

I also had Accu-Star do demolition on the house taking down everything (plaster walls, ceilings, electrical, plumbing, old chimneys) in preparation for a renovation and they handled this with ease. They were careful to store items that I wanted to keep such as original doors and air vents.

The team came in on a particularly cold weekend (-10C) just to ensure that certain work was done on-time. I could not have asked for more.

I would not hesitate to work with Nev and the Accu-Star team in the future.

Thank you so much for your feedback on the project we completed for you. It was our pleasure completing this work to your standards and were happy to meet them! We wish you all the best with your renovations!

R C.
R C.

Asbestos remediation & demolition

My sincerest apologies to the Accu-star team for this tardy review, I have been under the weather and am now ready to put together my thoughts on my experience with them.

This company really deserves 11 stars out of 10 - they went above and beyond my expectations and I am very particular on workmanship.

In my 35 plus years experience in the construction and engineering field I would rank Accu-Star as one of the better companies I have ever dealt with.

In my humble opinion, they are top notch in the asbestos remediation industry and also provide excellent demolition service as well.

The best way to describe my dealings with Accu-star and in particular, Amanda, Jason and the construction crew comprised of Leo, Muonesa ( sorry if I spelled your name incorrectly) Charlie & Tyler is as follows:

Professional, respectful, knowledgeable, excellent workmanship, extraordinary people skills, punctual, expeditious, down to earth, no pressure sales tactics, excellent communication skills, immaculate job cleanup, excellent workmanship guarantee, trustworthy, and fair.

I contacted Amanda from Accu-star to coordinate a site visit and quote for my mother in law's house. She was looking to renovate her basement and I had concerns about existing ceiling and flooring tiles which I thought contained asbestos.

Jason promptly came out to take samples of the tiles and from our first meeting I knew I had contacted the right people to do the investigative work and carry out any possible asbestos remedial action. Jason is thorough and very knowledgeable and trust worthy - seldom traits that are inherent in companies and individuals nowadays.

Amanda got back to me very quickly with laboratory results from the samples Jason had procured and she then proposed a course of action for remediation. I was so impressed with the turn around time and the excellent customer service that I asked Jason if he could please provide a quote to do some additional general demolition - I was not disappointed.

Not only did Accus-tar do an excellent job on the asbestos remediation but they also did an equally great job on the general demolition.

In my humble opinion:

If you have any concerns whatsoever about possible asbestos in your home or workplace I highly recommend that you contact Accu-star, these guys are really good - you will not be disappointed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for a reference, you may reach me via text at 705-828-9425

Sincerely,

Roy Carretta, CET, AFC

Roy, I cannot begin to express how great it was to read this review from you. Our team is thrilled over your kind words. It was our pleasure completing this project for you and we wish you and your family all the best with the rest of your renovations!

Peter in Ajax
Peter in Ajax
1 review Whitby, ON

Asbestos Removal From Pipes

Accu-Star beat a competing bid by quite a bit. Amanda was very friendly on the phone and arranged to have Nev come out for a free estimate within a day or two. Nev was very professional. He explained the process thoroughly, and showed that he would work hard to earn my business. Our technicians were Lawrence and Brian. They did an excellent job removing asbestos from some old pipes and finished the job ahead of schedule. I was so impressed that I recommended Accu-Star to a friend who had just purchased a home with some asbestos wrapped pipes. We were both very impressed with this company.

rickymak79 in Toronto
rickymak79 in Toronto
4 reviews Simcoe County, ON

Asbestos testing

We had contacted Amanda during a recent renovation that involved popcorn ceiling removal and plaster wall removal of an 80 year-old house. The smart thing for us would've been to have the asbestos test done prior to the renovation, but it wasn't until we walked into our home during the renovation and saw how incredibly dirty the home was, and how every surface in a room was covered in a thick layer of dust. We then thought it would be wise to check for asbestos in the materials that were being removed from our home, even though at this point we had already disturbed the materials and they were now air-born. Everyone went into panic mode, so that's when we called Amanda. She answered all of our questions and provided an abundance of information and guidance even before doing a single test. She provided a clear course of action, and the first step was for Amanda's team to collect 3 samples for testing. Luckily for us there was no asbestos detected. I had suggested doing an air quality test as well just to be sure, but Amanda had actually advised against that since there was no asbestos in the materials, so it would be a waste of money. How many companies do you know that turn down revenue from customers like this?

I highly recommend Accu-Star for their services, and their integrity and character as a company.

Ricky, it was a pleasure assisting you and your wife with this and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our service. Thankfully the end result was good news! I wish you all the best with the rest of your renovation - Best, Amanda!

More about Accu-Star Environmental Inc.

Accu-Star Environmental provides safe and thorough identification and removal services for Mold Detection and Removal, Asbestos Abatement and Disposal, Interior and Exterior Demolition, Hoarding and Estate Clean out and Trauma and Forensic clean up in both residential and commercial properties.

Accu-Star is also Ministry of Environment approved to safely haul and dispose of Asbestos Materials. Offering bin rentals and load and go services; our large fleet of trucks makes it possible to offer same day services for disposal. All of our staff is trained to the highest degree. Regardless of the project size – Accu-Star has the experience and reputation in the industry that when we do a job – we do it right the first time

Whether it is Mould remediation, Asbestos abatement, Structural or Interior demolition, Designated Substance Surveys, Trauma and forensic scene cleaning, We ensure all safety precautions are met prior to beginning a project. We assist our clients not only with recommendations but with lasting solutions and provide relief in knowing they are in safe hands.

Accu-Star Environmental has been contracted to work on some of the largest projects in Toronto and our group of Inspectors and Technicians have more than 35 years of combined experience in residential construction, renovation, historical and industrial commercial buildings. With our experience, we consistently provide trust, customer services, reliability and comprehensive inspections saving our clients time and money.

Call us today for more information and let us show you how we can help.

Demolition
(Mold and Asbestos inspection) (Asbestos and Mold detection) and removal (Forensic and Trauma scene clean up) (Hoarding) gross filth, Death disaster, Biohazards, Demolition, Thermal imaging inspection, Property diagnostics, water & flood damage surveys, Mold damage inspections, Air quality testing for elevated mold and Asbestos conditions, Third party mold and asbestos clearance testing (Demolition) water related inspections, Mold and fungus related inspections, Fire Damage, mold testing, Ice damming, Ceiling leaks (Disposal Bin rental) eco friendly services.
(Mold Remediation) (Asbestos Abatement) (Demolition) (Forensic and Trauma scene clean up) (Biohazard cleanup) (Hoarding) Gross filth (Air Quality Testing) (Asbestos Transportation and Disposal) (Disposal bin rental) (Junk Removal) (Complete building interior demolition) (Basement demolition) (Office demolition) (Complete house demolition and back fill) (Partial demolition for house Additions) (Demolition of Garages) (Dismantle trailers, mobile homes) (Industrial, Commercial and Institutional demolition) (Hazardous Material Abatement Asbestos and Mold) (Equipment Dismantling and Disposal) (Load Baring wall Demolition) (Shed Demolition) (Residential Demolition) (Commercial Demolition) (Interior Demolition) (Industrial Demolition) (House Demolition) (Garage Demolition) (Disposal Bin rental) (General Demolition work) (Demolition Debris Removal) (Demolition of Room) (Demolition of House) (Demolition of interiors) (Building Demolition) (Bathroom Demolition) (Asbestos Demolition) (Asbestos Disposal) (Asbestos Abatement) (Excavation) (Backfill) (Asbestos Tile removal) (Asbestos pipe wrap removal) (Asbestos plaster removal) (Kitchen demolition)
Flir, Ridgid,EMS,phoenix,abatement technologies, Ingersoll rand, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Dryeaze, Hino, Sterling
We See and remove what others can't
We are Bryan Baeumler's choice for Mould and Asbestos inspection, testing and removal. Mold removal and Asbestos removal, Forensic and Trauma scene clean up, Biohazards, Hoarding, gross filth, Death disaster, Demolition, Thermal imaging, Flood damage,surveys,Property diagnostics,Water leak detection, EQUIPMENT RENTALS for Mold, Asbestos, Flood damage and we are Ministry of the Environment Licensed MOE 4388-9QAPFJ to Transport and Dispose of Asbestos.
2008
Debit,Credit card, Cash or Personal cheque
256w Asbestos Worker, 256s Asbestos Supervisor, Thermal/Infrared Thermography, Level 1 , IICRC, WRT,
HGTV, Scott mcgillivray income properties, Byan Baeumler contractor, Snell, Nachi, TBDC, IAC2, IICRC
Certified Home Inspector, Certified Residential Mold Inspector, Certified Asbestos Inspector,
$ 950