HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Hamilton  >  ACISS Home & Commercial Inspection Consultants

Reviews for ACISS Home & Commercial Inspection Consultants

Scott in Burlington
Scott in Burlington
1 review Hamilton, ON

Great customer service

I had a leaky basement so I called Allan, who I knew from years prior when he did my home inspection. He came over the next day and told me that the problem was actually the patio that we had recently had installed in our backyard. He explained that water was likely coming in because of a lack of caulking. Sure enough, he was right! He didn't even charge me for the analysis. Great guy, would definitely recommend.

mm28 in Brantford
mm28 in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Home Inspection

This home inspector does not know what he is doing. He does not thoroughly inspect items in the home, and checks them off on his check-list. He has cost us THOUSANDS of dollars and won't even refund me my money that I paid. Do yourself a favour and do your own home inspection. He covers himself by you signing off the day of the inspection and will not hold liability for any issues. If you're looking to purchase a home blindfodled then Allan is your guy!!!!!!

Chris in Hamilton
Chris in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Pre-Purchase Home Inspection

Thorough and attentive service. Alan did not rush through anything and always took the time to explain what he was doing while answering any questions I had along the way. He is a licenced Thermographic camera operator and inspects every possible detail of the home from the basement up, methodically searching for any possible leaks, moisture, faults, problems or recommendations for improvement. The house I was about to buy was 100 years old and Alan took the time to make sure everything was up to code and investigating the elements of the house beyond face value. Alan uncovered improper ventilation, knob and tube wiring (despite the listing saying otherwise) while also documenting everything that was done right. From a buyer's perspective I couldn't have asked for a more objective, big picture explanation of what I would be getting into without an alarmist one-sided review. His prices are very reasonable and he's a friendly, pleasant guy to work with who doesn't talk over your head and just tells it like it is. Provides full photographs, very comprehensive binder report and explains everything. Great choice for the Hamilton area.

Claudia Tatomir
Claudia Tatomir
1 review Ancaster, ON

Furnace

We have recently bought a 10yr old house. a.c.i.s.s did our home inspection. Since we bought the house in august 2009 we have never had a chance to turn the heat on. In Nov 2009 when we did turn the furnace on, there was no heat coming. We have called Reliance to come have a look and they told us that the heat exchange was not working. I have called Alan, the inspector to ask him how come he didnt notice this problem at the inspection and he said at that time was working but he cant explain how come after the 5 min he turned it on it stoped working.It cost us $500 to fix the problem and i asked Alan to give us the money for the inspection back($418) since he didnt do his job properly.