Integrity Masonry

Marg in Ottawa
Marg in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Identify and Solve Water entry at the sill plate

A great experience with this company, who solved a longstanding water entry issue by identifying and rectifying problems with the membrane, that is supposed to be between the foundation and the brick, at the sill plate. Nick, the owner, visited me three times before we had a contract, to ensure that all my questions were answered satisfactorily. During the project he came to the site at least once a day. However, I was in good hands with Tessa and Leona, the crew who did the majority of the work. Both of these women are knowledgeable, professional, easy to deal with and enthusiastic about their careers. They ensured that I was briefed on what they discovered during prep and at each step of the repair and restoration. Under a quickly erected tarp structure, they even worked through that heavy rainstorm that we experienced on Wednesday. The resulting work is top notch, and they left my yard, deck and shed neat and tidy. I will use Integrity Masonry again, should I require more brick work to be done.

The kind of water entry issue that you were experiencing should not occur in homes built to meet minimum building code standards in Ontario. Unfortunately, we encounter this and other similar construction deficiencies resulting in damage on a regular basis. Tessa and Leona understand the mechanics behind these types of water entry problems given their formal training at the Ontario Masonry Training Centre. Thank you for commenting on their care and workmanship. They are highly valued members of the team.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Blocked off window opening - great work!

We had an old window opening that was blocked off by a wooden board by previous owner and used for electrical and venting. After we rerouted those two issues we decided to close off the opening.

Sean & Tristan layed the bricks and mortar, Tessa & Leona the parging a few days later.

Everyone was very friendly and professional. It’s always great to work with people who are passionate about what they do. Highly recommended!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Window and door masonry opening modifications in older homes during renovations are a very common job that we are asked to perform. I am glad that Sean, Tristan, Tessa, and Leona impressed! They are passionate because they have all been formally trained in masonry through various programs at the Ontario Masonry Training Centre. They are career-minded people who take pride in their work, however small the job. Have a great summer!

brick chimney work

We needed some work done on our brick chimney, involving reducing and capping it as part of a gas fireplace conversion project. Integrity Masonry was able to accommodate our timelines which were dependent on a number of other activities, and the crew that came were both very professional and pleasant. They paid particular attention to details and worked delicately where necessary despite the power tools and heavy materials involved. They also cleaned up nicely once the work was complete. We were very satisfied with their work overall, as well as the reasonable price.

Thank you kindly for your comments. All the best!

Ottawa
Ottawa

Replaced exterior brick window sills with stone

Had Nick remove the brick window sills and replace with stone because water was getting behind the brick and bricks were showing signs of starting to crumble.
Nick was responsive to provide the quote and we corresponded by email to review options, prices, etc. Once we agreed upon the work and price they came out within a week to do the work. I didn't shop around for multiple quotes. I went with integrity based on these reviews and my assessment of Nick's character. He didn't let me down. The job went much faster than anticipated so the final price was adjusted down a little to reflect that. I appreciated that. The only negative aspect was the masons who used the hose in my garage flooded the floor where I had some boxes which in turn for wet. There was no permanent damage to anything but I mentioned it to Nick anyways who took responsibility and said it was something he would talk to his staff about. Overall I'm very happy with the work and would certainly hire integrity masonry again.

Thank you for your comments. The unfortunate matter of the hose leak was discussed with the whole crew in our shop. They will be sure to be careful in the future. It was a pleasure working with you and I am thrilled that you were pleased overall with our work.

John K. in Ottawa
John K. in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Go to company for masonry work!

I needed a lot of work on the bricks around my house, which was built in the late 1920's. Nick Ford gave me a reasonable estimate but more than that he spoke with me at length about the requirements of the work. His crew, lead by Nathan and including Julian and Natalie were helpful, professional and did a great job. I'm totally satisfied with the work and highly recommend them. You can't go wrong using Integrity Masonry for your job.

We are frequently engaged to do the types of repairs that we performed at your older central Ottawa home. We are thrilled that you were pleased with the work and the overall experience in dealing with the crew.

P.M.
P.M.
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Brick Repair Work

Integrity Masonry just completed exterior brick repair work at our home, which included replacing damaged bricks, repointing and installation of a new stone sill. We found Nick Ford, Nathan and staff to all be very professional, experienced, efficient and polite. They kept us informed every step of the way. The work was completed quickly, correctly, on budget and the site left clean. True professionals. I have no hesitation in recommending Integrity Masonry and I will absolutely hire them again on my next project. P.M.

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you.

David in Ottawa
David in Ottawa

Chimney Rebuild

Integrity Masonry is a class act. Ours was a more complex job: a high three story house which required a chimney rebuild. A scaffold was erected that straddled our fence with minimal disruption to our house and our neighbour's. Throughout the job, Nick and his crew were professional and courteous with us and with each another. We were very happy with with the outcome and the overall process.

Thank you for your comments. Looking out for neighbour relations is a critical component in exterior home improvement and repair. I am glad that we met expectations. All the best! -Nick

Foundation work

Integrity Masonry just completed installing through wall flashing at the foundation of our home. Very highly recommend this company. The work is excellent, was done on schedule and without delays, the crew was highly professional and clean up was very well done.

Thank you for your comments. The positive feedback is much appreciated by the crew. All the best!

Eric in
Eric in

Brick/masonry

Integrity Masonry repointed a loose brick over a second story window in my ±100 year old house. I was worried about it falling on its own, and Nick came by pronto to assess what was needed and schedule the work. His people do a fast, professional, and expert job. I think they left the site cleaner than when they started. Nick knows his stuff, is a great communicator, and does what he says he's going to do at the price quoted. I'd recommend Integrity to anyone.

Thank you for your comments, Eric. I referred my wife to the "great communicator" bit. She wanted to write a rebuttal to your review but I told her that would be inappropriate :) All the best!

Isabelle C. in Ottawa
Isabelle C. in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fireplace

We have bought a new house last May and after having seen a series of unprofessional and incompetent contractors go through our house it was refreshing to work with Integrity Masonry. From the moment we met for the quote to the moment they completed the remodeling of the fireplace they were professional and demonstrated excellent craftsmanship. We are very satisfied with the end result and would recommend them to everyone.

Thank you for your review. I hope you have better luck in the future finding quality contractors.

Nick

More about Integrity Masonry

Offering exceptional service, value, and quality workmanship to homeowners and builders in the Ottawa area.
Looking for Masonry & Bricklaying pros in Ottawa?