Blue Circle Contracting

Landscape Contractors & Designers
462 Donlands Ave. Toronto ON M4J 3S5
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Toronto  >  Blue Circle Contracting

Reviews for Blue Circle Contracting

Ian in Toronto
Ian in Toronto

Level and Expand Back Yard Patio

I contacted about 8 landscaping companies to get an initial quote, and I found Mark, the owner of Blue Circle, not only provided a competitive price, but he is also very customer service oriented. Mark provided a clear and informative explanation of how to maximize my backyard patio. He also followed-up a couple weeks after our initial consult to see if I had any additional questions/concerns and went out of his way to deliver some actual stone paver samples to help us decide on the stone colours we were considering.

The most difficult part of building a patio is scheduling the work, as weather is always a consideration. Once the weather warmed up in late April, Mark promptly scheduled his crew (Jimmy at Stoneworks Landscape) to start work. It took a crew of 4 people to finish my backyard patio in only 2.5 days! They arrived promptly at 8am and cleaned up at the end of each day, even sweeping my driveway for any debris. The patio work was done with professional care to ensure the proper grading away from the house and they also added a bit of topsoil with grass seeds to level out my lawn with the new patio.

The only suggestion I would have for customers is to ensure that all planning/design is done ahead of time so that Blue Circle can provide a complete and fair quote, because, as I found out the hard way, any small changes or add-ons are typically costly as they delay the original planned work/schedule.

Michael - Leaside
Michael - Leaside

Complete Rebuild of Front Porch and Cold Cellar with New Railings

We were very pleased with Blue Circle Contracting. I contacted Mark after receiving a recommendation from a neighbour. I had also noticed many of his company's signs in the neighbourhood (North Leaside, Toronto). The quote was competitive and detailed. The work was completed in the timeframe suggested and was on budget. Mark and his team were available to answer our questions and the jobsite and neighbour's property were protected and maintained to completion of the job. These guys are professionals.

G M.
G M.

Backyard patio and landscaping

I was looking to have a stone patio and backyard landscaping done to compliment the deck and fence I had built recently by Hickory dickory decks. They recommended Mark and Blue circle contracting. I had a look at at their reviews and contacted Mark. I received a very quick reply to my call and made arrangements to have him quote on the job. Mark arrived as requested. We discussed what I wanted done and he gave some very useful suggestions as to materials and design. I asked him to quote on 2 different versions of the project, which he was more than happy to do. The quotes arrived within 2 days and covered the entire scope of the job. It was late in the season and I decided to put the job off until early the following spring. Mark was very accommodating and said he would give a call as soon as they could break ground. Good to his word I got a call early spring and we made arrangements for them to start work. As promised the team defended on my yard and had the work completed with in 3 days. I was very happy with the final result.
I am having Mark and Blue Circle back this spring for some front yard landscaping and a stone walkway built.
Great job guys.

Thanks G.M. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with the final result and look forward to working with you again this spring.

Landscaping and natural stone refacing

More than satisfied with Blue Circle’s work. Both the Landscapers and Stone Masons are very skilled, efficient, and a pleasure to deal with. They also cleaned up the site once their work was finished.

Would definitely use them again for future projects.

Thank you for the review. We take great pride in having trades that are both skilled and meticulous.

M.A
M.A

Driveway repaving, retaining wall and landscaping

Blue Circle is an excellent choice! Mark and his team are very professional, reliable and creative. They got the job done on time and to my complete satisfaction. I highly recommend them!

Toby Condliffe in Toronto
Toby Condliffe in Toronto

New stone walk and front door steps

Today was our first snowfall of the 2017/18 winter. It was a real pleasure when shovelling our snow not to have the snow shovel stop short each time I hit one of the raised slate or cement walkway pavers. The work done by Blue Circle Contracting gave us a smooth walkway.

Of course prior to the snowfall when they work was visible it looked great. We are completely satisfied.

Toby, it was a pleasure working with you. We appreciate that you trusted us with your home while you were out of the country. Thanks Mark

IK
IK

Hardscape

I was recommended them by one of their costumes. Their work was excellent and good service. It's my turn to recommend to other people..

Thank you for your review and we are happy you liked finished project of your front walkway. We look forward to hearing from you again and anyone you may refer us to in the future. Mark

davidlmoore03 in Old Toronto
davidlmoore03 in Old Toronto

Driveway curbing, repaving driveway, new gate installation and patio repair

I was extremely disappointed with the work completed by Blue Circle. The work was finally completed in August although promised for May. Even with a wet spring which was the constant excuse the delay was unacceptable. Their scheduling was always last minute, ie a call on Friday
evening to say they were coming the next morning. When the existing pavement was removed the interlocking bricks on the sidewalk were left out of alignment and I was advised it would cost an additional $450 to fix. My wife and I did this work ourselves. The flagstone patio stones were repaired with sand which washed out with the first rain. Again my wife and I had to do the repairs ourselves. The posts for the new gate were badly damaged by the driveway paver. Again we had to repair, sand and stain the posts ourselves so they looked acceptable. When the pavement was completed I found I was not able to close my garage door. The contractor promised he would have this fixed but never did this. Again I ended with a drive and cement bit trying to remove enough asphalt to close the door. The contractor is a very pleasant fellow, however, I was very unhappy with the job Blue Circle did.

Gillian in Toronto
Gillian in Toronto

Fabulous work on interlocking pathways

We were impressed from the outset with Mark Somani's professionalism. He made a thorough inspection of the job site and made some excellent design suggestions before giving us a detailed and comprehensive quote. The job itself was done in 4.5 days by Carlos and his associate (I feel terrible that I never caught his name). Carlos himself was fantastic -- incredibly hard working and skilled while at the same time completely obliging and patient. Nothing was a problem for him. When I wanted a change in the layout of one section -- no problem. When we had difficulty arranging parking for his truck -- no problem. He was always cheerful and accommodating. The worksite was always kept orderly and safe. And -- what is most important -- he did a simply fantastic job. We are thrilled with how our pathways turned out and are delighted to be able to recommend Blue Circle.

Dave in Davisville Village
Dave in Davisville Village

Driveway and walkway

Blue Circle Contracting
416-698-1021
462 Donlands Ave.
Toronto
M4J 3S5

Blue Circle removed my old driveway and walkway, excavated the entire front, and laid a new interlock driveway and walkway. They did a great job, and we are very pleased with the result and are glad we decided to go with Mark and Blue Circle. I highly recommend giving Mark a call.

More about Blue Circle Contracting

With over 15 years experience and over 1, 500 projects completed, Blue Circle Contracting Inc. has been adding value to homes across Toronto. We strive to provide the very best in landscape design, masonry, restoration and waterproofing services without compromising the quality and craftsmanship of your home.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Toronto?