HomeStars  >  Renewable Energy in Milton  >  CoreTemp Heating and Air
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for CoreTemp Heating and Air

Julie in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

I recently had a new furnace installed and was very pleased with the process. Richard quoted a fair price for the unit (compared to other quotes). He did the installation as we agreed and even took the time to explain a couple of other things to me regarding my humidifier and AC unit. I would not hesitate to use Core Temp again and would recommend them to anyone considering this type of work.

Christina Moss from Mississauga

We had our furnace inspected by another company who decided he would RED TAG our furnace with an infant with a weakened immune system who was newly home home the hospital. Their offer: a single plug in space heater. Where to turn now? HOME STARS!

We found amazing reviews about CoreTemp and two other companies. We had all three inspect our home and provide quotes and specifications of service. Richard and his team were mid-range for quotes, but there was something about the push of customer service, the answers provided, the comfort around him and his team, and the positive feedback on Home Stars that we went with CoreTemp.

Installation was on point, professional and efficient. We couldn't beleive how accomodating he was, despite being the busy season. Richard in the first few months ensured everything worked well and checked in via email a few times (far beyond anything we expected)

In the last 3 years since, we've had issues with our thermostat. Instead of waiting on hold with Lennox (which could take forever) Richard sent himself or someone from his team on site to guide us and if the issue couldn't be resolved on site immediately, the thermostat was replaced.

We were so pleased with the professionalism and attention to customer service that we recommended CoreTemp to my in-laws who are just as pleased. We strongly recommend Richard and CoreTemp whether you need a new AC or Furnace or repair to your current ones.

Thank you, Richard, for AMAZING service.

JJJB in Mississauga

Called Richard as my furnace was not lighting properly. Richard walked me through a repair that I was able to do myself and saved me a service call. Once again Richard was a big help and saved me from paying for a service call.

Thanks
Jeff
Georgetown

Chris in Ashburn

We were happy with our new furnace install for a year until carbon monoxide started flowing into our house and we had to call the fire department. Richard started out sounding concerned, but he quickly moved into a dance blaming other equipment, blaming our neighbors, claiming other peoples CO monitors were faulty, all in an effort to avoid warranty work. In the end he left the furnace operating in a dangerous state that another technician was prepared to red-tag due to its dangerous operation.
Richard has behaved in an extremely slimy manner in this instance and as a result has lost the Air-conditioner sale we were going to execute next spring.
This companies warranty isn't worth the paper they print it on.

We are sorry to hear you feel you have an issue that was not resolved to your satisfaction. When you brought to our attention that you had another vendor find issues with CO levels in your home we came out to verify the cause. Within a few minutes we determined the cause of the high CO level was coming directly from your neighbour's exhaust and pulling directly into your intake of your HRV vent. As a temporary measure to resolve the issue, we recommended you disconnect your HRV unit. Our inspection of your furnace determined the CO levels were within range and functioning according to the manufacturer's guidelines. There were no issues found with the furnace in your home and once the HRV had been disconnected the issue had been resolved and your furnace was left operating safely. Our labour warranty is stated on the contact that we extend the labour warranty to 10 years if the unit is maintained annually by Coretemp. If the unit is maintained by another vendor, which in your particular situation it has been, future labour charges would apply. For this service issue, as a goodwill gesture we did not charge you for the service call. We strive to provide outstanding service and are disappointed that you feel you didn't not receive that level from Coretemp.

Jim from Oakville

Purchased new furnace and A/C from Coretemp. Richard & Eric are real pros. Coretemp made the entire process from understanding my needs to installation to rebates easy. Price was fair and very reasonable. They were patient, upfront and explained everything. Highly recommended. I couldn't be any more happier with their work. Real nice guys too. Thanks Richard I will be sure to recommend you to anyone I know that needs new furnace and a/C

We appreciate your kind review Jim! We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the installation and the service you received. We look forward to working with you again!

Roman Dementavicius from Toronto

Core Temp installed the new systems in 2013 for my mother in law and did an excellent and efficient job. The systems have run great and Richard and Eric have performed annual checkups and filter changes to this date. They are very responsive when there is a problem or question and very flexible in providing service when required. I hired Core Temp to do this project based on the great job they did at our daughter's home a year or so prior to this project. Very happy with the results and the price we paid was very competitive and much lower than the larger HVAC companies that I contacted st the time. Would never hesitate to call upon them again in the future for similar projects.

Thank you for your review Roman! We have enjoyed working with you and your family over the years. We look forward to continuing to provide your HVAC services!

Sfrt

Called Richard in to have a look at my furnace that had been giving me issues for a couple years. His responsiveness is fantastic - I received a call from him within a minute of me submitting my Homestars request. Would definitely recommend him.

Thank your for your review! We were happy to assist you with your service requirements. We look forward to helping you with any future HVAC needs.

Peter in Oakville

We contacted Core Temp to replace our old furnace and A/C and were extremely happy with the professional and friendly service we received.

Richard, the owner, personally answered our calls and was extremely helpful in walking us through our options. He and his team came by our place for the installation after we had made our choice of products. They were quick, very friendly and left no mess afterwards.

My family is very happy with our new furnace and A/C and extremely satisfied with the excellent service provided by Richard and the Core Temp team.

I would recommend Core Temp very highly!

Thank you for your kind review Peter! We are pleased to hear you are happy with our services and the products we have installed. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Darren from Oakville

The dreading feeling of needing to purchase a new furnace & A/C unit. Lots of money and an endless sea of choices.

From the moment I called for a quote, I knew I was dealing with a different kind of company. Richard was open and honest when I first called, and provided some high level pricing over the phone. When he came out for the formal estimate, he not only shared a lot of information to help me make an informed decision, but did it in a way that eliminated the traditional sales pressure. I decided on a Lennon Furnace, A/C and iComfort Thermostat.

A few days later, Richard and Eric were here to complete the installation. They were on-time and completed the work professionally. They left the house in great shape and ensured I knew how to operate all the equipment before heading out. Throughout they process, Richard would call me down to look at their progress and walk me through the work they were doing.

Communication was very easy with the company - phone calls answered promptly and emails were retuned within a few hours.

I would not hesitate to recommend CoreTemp!

Thank you for your review Darren! We are so pleased you are happy with our service and with the installation process. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Angie
1 review , ON

Richard replaced my furnace and water heater (tankless) a few years ago. The cost reasonable compared to the other estimates I received. However, the one main difference was that Richard looked at my existing gas lines in my basement and said that due to safety and appliance functioning reasons, unless I upgraded and fixed the gas lines, he would NOT do the job. None of the other three companies that came and provided an estimate, commented on the gas lines. I knew that Richard was being honest because a couple of other contractors who had seen my gas lines over the years said that the gas lines around the furnace were done very poorly - literally a spider web mess of copper lines. But especially with the installation of a new tankless water heater, the gas line lines would have to be upgraded, since most of my home appliances use gas. I was very impressed with his honesty because it was clear he cared about more than just providing an estimate and getting the job. He referred a gas fitter that did a really great job by bringing my gas lines up to code and fixing the mess of copper lines. I also had to upgrade the gas meter and have everything checked by the gas company. The installation of the furnace and water heater was completed within the time promised and everything was cleaned up nicely afterwards. It was been two years since the installation and I am so pleased with everything that was done. My appliances work better now than before - my gas stove is more powerful, so I feel that I made the right decision by following Richard's advice. I continue to call Richard for annual maintenance and the customer service is great (thanks Janice) and Richard is always on time. I would highly recommend Coretemp!

Thank you Angie! We are so pleased to hear you are happy with your furnace and tankless hot water heater after using it for the past few years. We appreciate the trust you put in our recommendation to upgrade your gas lines and are happy to hear it has worked well for you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

More about CoreTemp Heating and Air

At CoreTemp your family's comfort is our main priority. CoreTemp Heating and Air installs and services gas furnaces, A/C, and humidifiers. Our 20+ years experience in the HVAC industry enables Coretemp to provide oustanding service to our customers. We are proud to offer award winning quality products. We are authorized dealers for * LENNOX * RUUD * TSSA Licensed, Gas Licenced, CFQ for AC Certified and HRAI Member. **Furnaces, Heating & Air Conditioning**