HomeStars  >  Renewable Energy in Milton  >  CoreTemp Heating and Air
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for CoreTemp Heating and Air

Jordan in Toronto

We were new home owners and it was the middle of winter and we had a new born baby. Our furnace broke and we called CoreTemp based upon the HomeStar reviews. Richard was at our door the day we called. It was a Friday afternoon and he made sure we had a brand new furnace by Monday afternoon. We called a major carrier for a second quote but it was clear that Richard was top notch: knowledgeable, trustworthy and a genuine good guy. Since then, we have relied upon Richard and CoreTemp and they have been a pleasure to deal with. Richard has even made himself available for a quick phone call (or two) when I have had a furnace and air-conditioning related question. I have nothing but great things to say about Richard and his team.

Ruth  from Mississauga

I used CORETEMP HEATING AND AIR to replace my furnace and air conditioning a few years ago. I have been very happy with both units. During the winter I had a small device issue - Richard contacted me within 5 minutes of me emailing a service request - the issue was fixed very quickly. Today I accidentally cut into an electrical cable on my air conditioner - Richard (and employee) came and sorted it out within AN HOUR of me calling! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Coretemp. Richard and Janice (owners) and their staff are always very friendly, professional and provide quality products and fantastic service. I also love that they are local.

Blaine in Mississauga

First of the AC season and my outside unit was not turning on. Called up Richard and his technician Erik was knocking at my door within 30 min. Erik was able to isolate the issue quickly and implemented a fix that will save me upwards of $500. Richard called me 10 min after Erik left to follow-up and agreed, that it is not necessary to replace the pressure switch. A good sign of an honest tradesman is when they suggest you save money.

Thanks!

Amanda G in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

I called Richard from Core Temp about a week ago and we had a few very lengthy conversations about air conditioning units; he explained a lot about air conditioners including but not limited to, brand names, unit pros and cons, coils, SEER ratings, potential savings, potential rebates and energy assessments. Richard wanted to make sure I was making an informed decision - very respectful and extremely professional. Richard even recommended another company for me to call to speak with about a new unit. I called about five different HVAC companies and my experience was shocking!

I had one sales person at a large company explain that he would need to come over and sit with BOTH me and MY HUSBAND! I couldn't believe it. Was he implying that I wasn't able to purchase an air conditioner without my husband?! Seriously?! He also told me that I would save at least 35% in electricity costs by switching to a new unit. I am no HVAC expert but I don't understand how he could guarantee such a thing without knowing at least what our electricity consumption is currently nor that he was unable to effectively predict the future weather. This same sales person told me that I would be entitled to rebates based on the purchase of a 16 SEER unit however, I had to stop him in his tracks to let him know that I wasn't born yesterday and that the rebate was also dependant on the coil that was going to be installed along with the unit - Richard taught me that! Also, the rebates related to 16 SEER units will be coming to end in June I believe, at which time, you will need to purchase an 18 SEER unit AND the qualifying coil in order to qualify for any rebates. This was, by far, the worst company I called. The others were either unavailable and took too long to get back to me or just really did not know what they were talking about - they were all about the sale - all about the profit!

Richard followed up with me to see if I had any questions - and he wasn't annoying like sales people who are trying to shove their products onto you to make a commission/profit. Again, Richard wanted to make sure he was available for any questions and to educate me, the consumer.

About a week later, which is today, Richard and his team were here (on time, actually a bit early!) to install our new Lennox Air Conditioner! I had kindly requested that he please install it by today as a warm front is moving in tomorrow and I wanted to stay cool all day tomorrow! He and his team said it would be no problem to install today. The installation was completed within a few hours and everything is spotless - they were clean and tidy throughout the entire installation. Richard and his team also took the time to answer any of my questions and to explain exactly what would be happening today.

Janice manages the office and responds to emails immediately. She is very professional and courteous.

Pricing: the price point was competitive to the other companies. I'm not one to hunt down the cheapest price, I always try to select a professional, reputable, qualified company to complete our home renovations/installations. Cheap is not the way to go when you are investing in your home - there is just too much risk associated with unqualified people and cheap material. I was very happy to get both a good price AND a reputable expert!

I highly recommend Core Temp for your HVAC needs!

Dorothy from Oakville

From the instant they walked through my door to provide a quote I knew that CoreTemp was a different kind of company. Richard and his group are honest, knowledgable, hardworking and caring. We had a HE Modulating Furnace installed in the fall, since our system had failed, and a followup visit this April to install the air conditioner. Richard and his team were exceptional throughout the experience. Communication was excellent, Richard would personally pick up the phone and call to answer any questions or concerns. He was willing to explain all aspects of the job and make us feel comfortable about all our choices. They acted quickly to get our furnace installed as soon as possible before winter came and we were very pleased. In April, they reached out to us to arrange for our A/C install as they had promised. The team was punctual, respectful and courteous, and most of all, they did an excellent job on the install. Thank you to your entire team!

I would not hesitate to recommend CoreTemp to anyone needing a Heating and Air Services! Call them, you won't be disappointed :D

pmvm99 in Oakville

Purchased Lennox XC14 AC, SLP98V Furnace and iComforft WiFi thermo stat (free with purchase). Excellent choice. Very Quite units- Cools and warms 3000 sq ft home.
Richard is a super guy. He explained every little detail and assisted me at all times without hesitation. He also provided all the details and assisted with getting all the rebates (end cost after rebate- about $7800)
It's been one year now- in order to maintain the warranty it will be best to maintain the unit every year. Richard came to complete the maintenance. on time, very thorough, no mess, very clean.
thank you for your great service Richard- you are amazing.

Cynthia from Oakville

I thought getting a new furnace was going to be painful. But its been such a great experience with CORETEMP. After getting quotes from several HVAC providers, we chose CORETEMP for more than just their competitive pricing. Richard and his team (Eric and Alex) are not only friendly, courteous, respectful, and professional, but they are knowledgeable! They go above and beyond to ensure that you fully understand the product that you are purchasing, the installation process and any other pertinent information both at the time of quotation and installation. I value that they take the time to do this, it lets me know that they truly value my business. I look forward to building a relationship with Richard and his team for the maintenance of my system and will recommend them to my network. I have confidence that they will take great care of me should there be any issues in the future.

Job Price

Thank you for your kind review Cynthia! It was a pleasure working with you and to assist you with your installation requirements. We look forward to working with you in the future!

powell6433

Excellent Job. Came in removed old furnace, installed new furnace, cleaned up and were gone. Quick, efficient, polite, friendly.

Job Price

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sheldon in Brampton

Richard came highly recommended by a couple of my co-workers and now I would like to highly recommend him and the team at CoreTemp to you as well. I initially contacted Richard about my aging furnace a year ago with concerns over the noises that were coming from it. Richard was very quick to respond and so we setup a time for him to come and take a look. I wanted to know if the noises were anything serious that needed to be addressed right away, what would it potentially cost to fix or if it was even worth it given that it was 15 year old builder grade furnace. Richard took the time to throughly inspect the furnace and determined that the noise did not require immediate attention and so I decided to roll the dice and try to get one more season out of it. Fast forward a little more than a year later (December 2016) and I was now ready to make an investment in a new furnace and I knew that Richard and CoreTemp would be at the top of my list of people to contact for a quote as I was so impressed by Richard’s fast response to my inquiry, level of knowledge, professionalism, and no hard sales pitch during his first visit. I wanted to get at least one other quote and so once again I turned to a personal recommendation this time from a family member who had their furnace replaced by a contractor who also has high ratings here on Home Stars. There was a day and night difference between my first contact with CoreTemp and this other company. Regardless of how you contact CoreTemp (phone, e-mail, website) you get a fast professional response. It took several phone calls, a no show for an appointment which I had an e-mail confirming before I finally got someone to come out and provide a quote from this other company. Next, when it came time to compare quotes both offered Lennox brand products however the CoreTemp quote offered a higher model with more of the features I wanted for less. Richard had provided a couple of model recommendations and was very patient as I went back and forth between 2 models, once again there was no pressure and in fact he wanted to make sure that I was 100% satisfied and after selecting the furnace I wanted, Richard arranged to install the furnace 2 days later. On the day of the install Richard and Eric showed up on time as scheduled and got down to work. After removing the old furnace, Richard showed me a small crack in the heat exchanger which reassured me that replacement vs. repair was the right choice. During the install of the new furnace Richard also adjusted the tilt of evaporator coil that had been previously installed to ensure that the condensation drains properly and also replaced the vinyl tubing with PVC pipe making for a nice neat and clean installation. The installation was smooth and flawless and the new furnace was up and running by lunch time. I think the cleanup left the furnace area cleaner than before they started. Richard took the time to ensure that I understood how to setup and use the new wi-fi enabled thermostat and explained how the rebate process worked. Janice took care of registering the furnace and started the rebate process. I have now had the furnace for 2 months and I could not be more happier with the quality of the installation and performance of the furnace which is so much more quieter than my old furnace (even when it was working properly) as well as a more consistent temperature.

Why I Choose CoreTemp?

Richard and his Team are: Professional, Friendly, Courteous, Knowledgeable, Customer Service Focused, Offer Quality Products, and Great Value for Money

Thanks again Richard, Eric, and Janice!!

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. It was a pleasure working with you Sheldon. We appreciate you noticing the details we put into our installation and service process. We are happy to hear you are so pleased with the furnace choice you made. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Nadia in Mississauga
1 review Simcoe County, ON

We called CoreTemp when we realized our furnace wasn't working. Rick, the owner, tried to help us troubleshoot the problem over the phone. When he realized it was a bigger issue he was at our house is less than 20 minutes! He quickly realized our motor needed to be replaced and gave us the options. We decided that since our furnace was old it was time to replace it! Since it was Friday and the furnace wouldn't be installed until Monday, he quickly went and got us a motor so we could have heat over the weekend. He did that on his own time and in the end absorbed the cost of the motor since a few days later he was replacing the entire unit!

Monday came and he his employee Eric arrived as promised. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I would recommend their awesome service to anyone!

Job Price

Thank you for your review Nadia! It was a pleasure working with you.

More about CoreTemp Heating and Air

At CoreTemp your family's comfort is our main priority. CoreTemp Heating and Air installs and services gas furnaces, A/C, and humidifiers. Our 20+ years experience in the HVAC industry enables Coretemp to provide oustanding service to our customers. We are proud to offer award winning quality products. We are authorized dealers for * LENNOX * RUUD * TSSA Licensed, Gas Licenced, CFQ for AC Certified and HRAI Member. **Furnaces, Heating & Air Conditioning**