Amariz Custom Woodwork

HomeStars  >  Cabinetry & Millwork in Mississauga  >  Amariz Custom Woodwork

Reviews for Amariz Custom Woodwork

Martina in Mississauga
Martina in Mississauga

Such as satified customer, we have hired them back 3 times!

Although I am happy to give an excellent review to David and his team at Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs, I hope that he won’t get too busy to work for us again!
David Amariz is an excellent designer, craftsman and business owner. We met David in 2010 (after visiting several kitchen design showrooms) when we chose Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs and are so very glad we did! David listened carefully to our plans for a total kitchen reno in our 1970’s era home. He offered some great suggestions and was also open to the research and clippings I had to show my ideas. The job was done on time and on budget, what more needs to be said, this alone makes all the difference. The kitchen reno is a stunning transformation and yet, feels completely in sync with the rest of our home.
A few years later, Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs also designed and installed built-in china cabinets in our diningroom, for which I continue to receive many compliments. David Amariz even came to correct someone else’s terrible work that was done in our TV room (because foolishly I had believed another contractor when he told us he could build the entertainment centre around the gas fireplace). I learned my lesson and Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs will always be our first choice for custom woodworking.
This year, we wanted to update the bar in our basement rec room. It is so easy to arrange for David to come to see the space, discuss our budget and he had a design and quote back to us in 2 days. Moving forward with the job, the Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs team was here on the day they said, on time and careful to protect the entryway floors etc. as they brought in materials. The team is always very pleasant and conscientious.
We would highly recommend David Amariz and Amariz Brothers Creations and Designs and their high quality of workmanship, without reservation. In fact, they have already done work for several other friends and neighbours based on our recommendation.

Lena in Thornhill
Lena in Thornhill

Kitchen Renovation

David Amariz was recommended to me 3 years ago by my plumbing fixtures’ supplier when I needed a custom vanity done for a bathroom renovation. I had very specific design in mind and I e-mailed to David my dimensions and ideas. David responded promptly with the design and quote which was very reasonable for a custom vanity. When I went with my contractor to pick-up the vanity, we asked to see the workshop and we both were amazed how clean and organized it was. The vanity David made was perfect and 3 years later we could not have been happier with it. I recommended David to a few of my friends and they were all happy with his work.
This year it was time to redo our kitchen. We were renovating the kitchen for ourselves and wanted to make sure it was done right and done to meet our family’s needs. I called David and he quickly returned my call and within a couple of days came to the house to take initial measurements. I was the one designing the kitchen layout and sourcing all the materials and David and his wife were of great help providing many useful suggestions that I did not even consider. After a couple of days of his initial visit he sent me initial 3D drawings with a quote. David also provided several cost saving options that I was happy he recommended. We established the project timeline that worked for all parties.
Before and during the kitchen manufacturing and installation I had some questions for David and he ALWAYS responded to my calls and e-mails which is something that is unfortunately not that common in this business these days. David was ready when he said he would be, he always contacted me to let me know when he would be coming, he was very respectful of my house and did not leave a mess behind when he left at the end of the day. In the middle of the project I decided to switch and use his quarts sub-contractor who he recommended for their quality of work. Despite having to pay a bit more, it gave me a peace of mind not to have to manage this aspect of the reno. During the installation project we ran into a few issues with the walls and ceilings not being straight, etc. and David and I both worked together to come up with the best solution. David did not rush through the install and made sure everything was as perfect as possible (although I would caution people to expect 100% perfection). We had a few delays beyond David’s control and he was able to work around the new extended schedule.
My kitchen was completed a week ago and we are extremely happy with it as well as with the way the work was handled by David! The quality of the kitchen cabinets and installation is excellent, and I already had many compliments on the final product.
I would definitely use David on any other project I may have and would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

Sarah Maged, Thornhill, ON
Sarah Maged, Thornhill, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Amariz was hired to design and install our kitchen cabinetry. We had a very good quality wood kitchen and expected to replace with same or better quality. During the negotiations prior to installation, Amariz Bros seemed to be very reliable and professional. Unfortunately, this did not last. The installation was a disaster. Cabinets and drawers were cut to the wrong size. Amariz used chipped wood, drilled numerous holes in the wrong places. The team covered the holes with cheap stickers. Some cabinets have over twenty stickers. There are gaps everywhere. There are spots with missing paint. The worse is actually in the colour of the kitchen. We chose a white kitchen. Amariz installed cabinetry in three different shades of white! Amariz also used MDF where we were told we would get wood. We ordered Cesarstone and he sold us on the mitre cut, saying this will avoid any visible seam. He delivered a different cut without any prior warning of the change. He also built our walkin pantry without submitting any prior drawing for approval. The design was absolutely horrendous.
Ian and Sarah Maged