The Tub Guys

HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Vaughan  >  The Tub Guys

Reviews for The Tub Guys

henry ciszek from Oakville
henry ciszek from Oakville

Jetted Jacuzzi bathtub reglazing.

Our experience with The Tub Guys Canada was excellent from the beginning to the end. Out of 3 different Quotes, The Tub Guys not only had the best attractive quote, but also impressed us with the vey unique and different reglazing Process for reglazing our large size Jacuzzi, by using a two stage Process.
During the first stage the actual re-glazing of the Jacuzzi tub was completed and 2 days later a follow-up, quality inspection and final clean-up was done.
No other Business offered this kind of a superior service to us.
The owner Will had a comprehensive working knowledge of the product and the Process he was using and a lot of enthusiasm about the quality of the product and his work.
The jetted Jacuzzi bathtub has been reglazed superbly nice by paying attention to details and now looks very attractive like a brand new bathtub.
Will answered every question we asked him to our total and
complete satisfaction. The owner Will and his associate Omar came at
08:40 am as promised and agreed upon with the Shop Manager Angela.
They were very professional, courteous and respectful to us and our property. The crew cleaned up the working area when they stopped working.
Words can not express our total and complete satisfaction with the overall quality of work and the AWSOME, majestic look of our jetted
Jacuzzi.
Great installation job, great price, excellent service and quality of their finished product plus the professionalism and skill of installation crew made our experience a great one indeed.
Thank you Will and Omar for a great looking Jacuzzi bathtub.
Thank you Angela for great communication with us by e-mail and by
phone.
This was a truly awesome experience.

Izumi in Toronto
Izumi in Toronto

Courteous team with great re-glazing!

The Tubs Guys were great with communication from the beginning and made the whole process very simple and easy. The team was prompt and were very courteous- it made the whole reglazing process a breeze on the customer's side. The reglaze looks fantastic and the Tub Guys transformed our old tub. Would 100% recommend.

Charmaine Foon in Brampton
Charmaine Foon in Brampton

Fantastic job, fantastic service

Our tub looks amazing! Top service from beginning to end. Angela was professional and informative. Booking an appointment was very easy. Mike and his apprentice, Omar were timely, courteous and professional. Mike helped us correct some caulking issues we had with the drain, which had created some rust at the mouth of the tub. They prepped the area and sealed it off nicely, which lasted a few hours. Once the work was completed, Mike and Omar returned 2 days later (as that's how long it takes for the glazing to cure) to refit the plumbing, remove the protective sheets and to clean the area. Mike was very knowledgable and it was a pleasure dealing The Tub Guys! Nice work, very pleased with the results. Thank you again!

mork49 in Mississauga,ON Canada L5A 1Y7
mork49 in Mississauga,ON Canada L5A 1Y7

Tub and Tile Re-glazing

Just had my 45 yr old tub and tile surround re- glazed. The Tub Guys
had excellent communication to ensure everything was ready for the
appointment to proceed smoothly. Will did a great job-going beyond
what he was required to do-showing he really cares about customer
service. This is really a more cost-effective way to reno-rather than
ripping everything out and replacing.

TandA in Mississauga
TandA in Mississauga

Bathtub reglazing

The Tub Guys were great to deal with. They got the job done when we needed it. Workers were friendly and efficient. We would definitely use The Tub Guys again.
The reglazing
Was amazing

Awesome! We are very glad to hear you are happy with the bathutbs glaze reuslts and our services. It was a pleasure to do the work for you. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Joe Dutch
Joe Dutch

Nice Job

Your two guys did a great job. The bathtub is so white, my wife has to wear sunglasses when she is in the washroom. It was nice to see the two men do a professional job, and have all the right tools to do it. Thanks also for replacing the drain and overflow cover.

Wonderful! We are very glad to hear you are happy with the bathutbs glaze reuslts and our services. We always strive to get the best results possilbe for our customers. It was a pleasure to do the work for you. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Alan from Toronto
Alan from Toronto

In my case, lacked integrity and their touch up made it much worse

Have an old tired looking cast iron tub. After the job was done and waiting sometime before opening the bathroom door and inspecting the work, I first was impressed how good the tub and new finished looked. But soon after it was obvious there was too much spray added in an area which caused a raised drip from the top of the tub down the side to the bottom where there was a small blob at the end of the drip. This drip was along the side but near the end of the tub at the opposite end of the faucet. No one in the family used the tub that day or even the evening before to ensure the tub area was dry. I inspected it that morning and tub and everything in the tub area was completely dry.

I called the company and a woman answered and asked some questions as to the location of the drip and if it was raised or concave. She agreed that it was a result of overspray as the drip was raised. Then the owner stated it was due to a dripping faucet. The faucet is 3 feet away from where the drip was and I replaced the faucet cartridge months earlier as it was getting stiff to turn the temperature handle. I am very handy and keep on top of all maintenance inspections and issues with the house, car, etc.

So they came back to re-spray. Later when I checked their work, it was obvious they only masked off the immediate area about a 2-3 inch section on either side of the drip and re-sprayed and polished only the area they repaired. So now I had a definite noticeable raised line where the tape was used going down the sides of the tub and along the bottom as the repair made the paint thicker there. Now the area that was not re-sprayed around 2 feet on either side of this "repair" was not glossy anymore like it was previous to their touch-up and the area re-sprayed. I felt it and it was now rough like 120 grit sandpaper. Obviously they did not cover the wider area around the tape to ensure the overspray did not spray there. OR they could have polished that whole area to smooth out the overspray and bring it back to the gloss their initial spray and the smaller repaired area had. Following their instructions, prior to the initial work, I had bought Palmolive liquid dishwashing soap and mixed it with water into a hand sprayer. We used this to wash our tub as instructed and it did a good job. However the tub now did not look much better than before other than being whiter because of the shoddy "repair".

I did not call them back again to have them correct this issue as when I did this before, they blamed a supposed dripping faucet from 3 feet away and I don't need to hear another false excuse. Mistakes happen to everyone but just admit to it and look after it. Now the "warranty" is over and I hate giving poor reviews and that is why I did not post this sooner but after all this time, my wife and I still occasionally mention how this was a waste of money.

I will say the woman who answered the phone and the technician and owner who came by the home for the repair were kind but the earlier false excuse really put a sour taste in my mouth.

I should have left the raised drip mark as it was as it looked much better than after the partial repair.

It's too bad as I had high hopes for this type of repair given the amount of very high reviews.

Mary Jane in Scarborough
Mary Jane in Scarborough

Bathroom tub and tile surround glazing

In preparation for selling my house I had the Tub Guys come in and reglaze my bathtub and the surrounding tile walls rather than take on a complete replacement of the tub and wall tiles. I am so delighted with the outcome. The tile walls are beautifully glazed and smooth and white. The tub reglazing has given it a new life. They perform a complete prep prior to the reglazing -- total time from arrival to departure was 3 hours. Very impressed. Mary Pender in Toronto

Hi Mary, Thank you for the kind review, we very glad you are in better health, and happy you are delighted with the glaze results. We wish you all the best in selling your home. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Refinishing classic claw cast iron bathtub

The bathtub had been refinished twice in its 120 year life. The base had to be smoothed down and we had it refinished in a non slip finish but leaving a smooth area for sitting in the soaker tub. Chris and Will did a phenomenal job. Other than having a new looking bath, you would never know they had been and gone. Work area was left clean. Thanks guys. Was a pleasure meeting you.

Thank you for the nice review, it was a pleasure doing business for you, we are very glad you are happy with your glaze results, feel free to contact us anytime.

Kevin in Oshawa
Kevin in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Call foot tub refinish

Redid my wife's bathroom and wanted to keep the 1918 clawfoot tub that we've had for 20 years. The guys were careful to poly walls and felt paper flooring to contain overspray. Found a build up spot when using a few days later, guys returned to correct at a later date, no problem. We left the bathroom sealed up for a couple of days with the exhaust fan going, I'm not as sensitive to smell as some might be, but I like to take precautions for the family. As a contractor, I wish more clients had fixtures worth restoring. I'd use the guys again.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the kind review, we are very glad you are happy with your bathtubs glaze results and our services, Feel free to contact us anytime.

More about The Tub Guys

The Tub Guys Strive for the Complete Satisfaction of Our Customers for all your bathtub and tile refinishing needs:

*Owner-operated - owner personally reglazes your tub to ensure a quality finish!
*Specialize in bathtub resurfacing and restoration. We can handle any kind of tub, no matter it's condition
*High power ventilation system to reduce odour...even for rooms without windows!
*Great results at affordable pricing
*Iso-cyanide free materials! No need to vacate your house and disrupt your life!
*Free followup call to ensure a complete quality result from start to finish
*We can also repair your tub and tiles like new, before reglazing to ensure a high quality finish

Advanced Polymer: The Tub Guys use materials that are specially formulated around a polyester base. This diverse material is able to be applied to ceramics, steel, cast iron, acrylic, and fiberglass surfaces with amazing results and adhesion. Originally developed for the U.S. space program, this polymer finds its origins as the interior coating of the space shuttle. Due to the strict requirements of the space program, this polymer possesses unparalleled properties, that include:
* ISO-CYANIDE FREE
* extremely durable
* stain resistant
* extremely high gloss
* very easy to clean/maintain
* colorfast
* can be applied in thick layers for maximum durability and coverage
* nearly odour free during application with proper ventilation
* easily repairable even after several years
The inherent qualities of our product are just one thing that makes The Tub Guys one of the leaders in the refinishing industry.
We specialize in the restoration of cast iron tubs, clawfoot tubs, steel tubs, Fibreglass/Acrylic Tubs and wall tiles.
See our website for details about the time frame & the process to refinish your bathtub and tile.
Call or email for a free quote!

This is the most cost effective way to avoid a total Bathroom Renovation!