The Tub Guys

Reviews for The Tub Guys

Joe Dutch
Joe Dutch

Nice Job

Your two guys did a great job. The bathtub is so white, my wife has to wear sunglasses when she is in the washroom. It was nice to see the two men do a professional job, and have all the right tools to do it. Thanks also for replacing the drain and overflow cover.

Alan from Toronto
Alan from Toronto

In my case, lacked integrity and their touch up made it much worse

Have an old tired looking cast iron tub. After the job was done and waiting sometime before opening the bathroom door and inspecting the work, I first was impressed how good the tub and new finished looked. But soon after it was obvious there was too much spray added in an area which caused a raised drip from the top of the tub down the side to the bottom where there was a small blob at the end of the drip. This drip was along the side but near the end of the tub at the opposite end of the faucet. No one in the family used the tub that day or even the evening before to ensure the tub area was dry. I inspected it that morning and tub and everything in the tub area was completely dry.

I called the company and a woman answered and asked some questions as to the location of the drip and if it was raised or concave. She agreed that it was a result of overspray as the drip was raised. Then the owner stated it was due to a dripping faucet. The faucet is 3 feet away from where the drip was and I replaced the faucet cartridge months earlier as it was getting stiff to turn the temperature handle. I am very handy and keep on top of all maintenance inspections and issues with the house, car, etc.

So they came back to re-spray. Later when I checked their work, it was obvious they only masked off the immediate area about a 2-3 inch section on either side of the drip and re-sprayed and polished only the area they repaired. So now I had a definite noticeable raised line where the tape was used going down the sides of the tub and along the bottom as the repair made the paint thicker there. Now the area that was not re-sprayed around 2 feet on either side of this "repair" was not glossy anymore like it was previous to their touch-up and the area re-sprayed. I felt it and it was now rough like 120 grit sandpaper. Obviously they did not cover the wider area around the tape to ensure the overspray did not spray there. OR they could have polished that whole area to smooth out the overspray and bring it back to the gloss their initial spray and the smaller repaired area had. Following their instructions, prior to the initial work, I had bought Palmolive liquid dishwashing soap and mixed it with water into a hand sprayer. We used this to wash our tub as instructed and it did a good job. However the tub now did not look much better than before other than being whiter because of the shoddy "repair".

I did not call them back again to have them correct this issue as when I did this before, they blamed a supposed dripping faucet from 3 feet away and I don't need to hear another false excuse. Mistakes happen to everyone but just admit to it and look after it. Now the "warranty" is over and I hate giving poor reviews and that is why I did not post this sooner but after all this time, my wife and I still occasionally mention how this was a waste of money.

I will say the woman who answered the phone and the technician and owner who came by the home for the repair were kind but the earlier false excuse really put a sour taste in my mouth.

I should have left the raised drip mark as it was as it looked much better than after the partial repair.

It's too bad as I had high hopes for this type of repair given the amount of very high reviews.

Mary Jane in Scarborough
Mary Jane in Scarborough

Bathroom tub and tile surround glazing

In preparation for selling my house I had the Tub Guys come in and reglaze my bathtub and the surrounding tile walls rather than take on a complete replacement of the tub and wall tiles. I am so delighted with the outcome. The tile walls are beautifully glazed and smooth and white. The tub reglazing has given it a new life. They perform a complete prep prior to the reglazing -- total time from arrival to departure was 3 hours. Very impressed. Mary Pender in Toronto

Hi Mary, Thank you for the kind review, we very glad you are in better health, and happy you are delighted with the glaze results. We wish you all the best in selling your home. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Refinishing classic claw cast iron bathtub

The bathtub had been refinished twice in its 120 year life. The base had to be smoothed down and we had it refinished in a non slip finish but leaving a smooth area for sitting in the soaker tub. Chris and Will did a phenomenal job. Other than having a new looking bath, you would never know they had been and gone. Work area was left clean. Thanks guys. Was a pleasure meeting you.

Thank you for the nice review, it was a pleasure doing business for you, we are very glad you are happy with your glaze results, feel free to contact us anytime.

Kevin in Oshawa
Kevin in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Call foot tub refinish

Redid my wife's bathroom and wanted to keep the 1918 clawfoot tub that we've had for 20 years. The guys were careful to poly walls and felt paper flooring to contain overspray. Found a build up spot when using a few days later, guys returned to correct at a later date, no problem. We left the bathroom sealed up for a couple of days with the exhaust fan going, I'm not as sensitive to smell as some might be, but I like to take precautions for the family. As a contractor, I wish more clients had fixtures worth restoring. I'd use the guys again.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the kind review, we are very glad you are happy with your bathtubs glaze results and our services, Feel free to contact us anytime.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Late, poor work, refused to correct

The workman showed up late to the site and then left early. He didn't set up the ventilation equipment as described in the original email, he only used the bathroom fan. The smell was overpowering and intense, it made me feel ill to be in the home. We had to leave for a hotel as the last minute due to the improper ventilation. (The owner later claimed he was here and couldn't smell it, but also said he was getting immune to the smell.) The refinished product was ok. I really wouldn't recommend anyone to use this service, check out other places first. Overall, the owner really didn't seem to care about the quality of service and just wanted to be paid.

Tub glazing

The technicians were on time , courteous & informative. They did a very nice job except for a tiny piece of caulking that was missed & glazed over.
I realize it is a trivial thing but it is the only reason I can't give them
100 percent.

Hi, Thank you for your kind review, we would love to have the opportunity to get your bathtub to 100% as much as possible, if you can please contact our office and we will gladly arrange a return visit to address this concern for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

1 review Hamilton, ON

Bathtub Reglazing

Thank you to the very professional team at The Tub Guys. Our experience with the company was positive from the moment we contacted the office manager until the end of the second follow-up visit. We are very happy with how clean and new our tub looks. Every effort was taken to protect all our surfaces during the work and the clean-up left no damage. Extra time was given to us to answer additional questions. We appreciated their friendly, considerate, and efficient work ethic.

Hi, Thank you for the very nice review, we are glad you are happy with your bathtubs glaze results and our services, feel free to contact us anytime.

sophie in Etobicoke
sophie in Etobicoke

Re-glaze tub

Don’t bother, big waste of money. Cost $480 to re-glaze a cast iron tub, and from the beginning they did a terrible job.

The glaze is peeling a couple of months later, and they tell me it’s not under warranty! And it will cost me a minimum service fee of $169.50.

Then they send me instructions to buy nail polish and dab it all over the peeling paint!

I’m calling a friend’s company who charges less and two years later the glaze looks as good as new.

Hi Sophie,

I'm very disappointed to hear this. According to our service notes you were informed of a water pooling issue with your tub and that your taps were also leaking. In addition, we have scheduled 2 touch up appointments to fix some small deficiencies, 1 of which you cancelled and the other you didn't reply to. I would have loved the opportunity to fix this. It is true that we inform people that there could be a minimum service fee of $150+tax for any repairs that are not covered by warranty such as leaking taps and other things that are beyond our control. The suggestion of nail polish is to seal the edge of any compromises to prevent the damage from getting worse until the damage can be repaired. Please let me know if we can have the opportunity to correct this for you.

Emily M
Emily M

Tub refinishing

I hired them to refinish my old yellow tub. They did a great job, looks like new. Not much more to say. Courteous, professional, clean and on time. They know tubs.

Hi Emily, Thank you for the very kind review, it was a pleasure doing work for you, we are very glad you are happy with your bathtubs glaze results and our services. Feel free to contact us anytime!

More about The Tub Guys

The Tub Guys Strive for the Complete Satisfaction of Our Customers for all your bathtub and tile refinishing needs:

*Owner-operated - owner personally reglazes your tub to ensure a quality finish!
*Specialize in bathtub resurfacing and restoration. We can handle any kind of tub, no matter it's condition
*High power ventilation system to reduce odour...even for rooms without windows!
*Great results at affordable pricing
*Iso-cyanide free materials! No need to vacate your house and disrupt your life!
*Free followup call to ensure a complete quality result from start to finish
*We can also repair your tub and tiles like new, before reglazing to ensure a high quality finish

Advanced Polymer: The Tub Guys use materials that are specially formulated around a polyester base. This diverse material is able to be applied to ceramics, steel, cast iron, acrylic, and fiberglass surfaces with amazing results and adhesion. Originally developed for the U.S. space program, this polymer finds its origins as the interior coating of the space shuttle. Due to the strict requirements of the space program, this polymer possesses unparalleled properties, that include:
* ISO-CYANIDE FREE
* extremely durable
* stain resistant
* extremely high gloss
* very easy to clean/maintain
* colorfast
* can be applied in thick layers for maximum durability and coverage
* nearly odour free during application with proper ventilation
* easily repairable even after several years
The inherent qualities of our product are just one thing that makes The Tub Guys one of the leaders in the refinishing industry.
We specialize in the restoration of cast iron tubs, clawfoot tubs, steel tubs, Fibreglass/Acrylic Tubs and wall tiles.
See our website for details about the time frame & the process to refinish your bathtub and tile.
Call or email for a free quote!

This is the most cost effective way to avoid a total Bathroom Renovation!