69 Evergreen Drive Ottawa ON K2H 6C5

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Safari Plumbing Ltd.

Peter in Ottawa
Peter in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Bathroom sink, faucet, and drain replacement

This is the 2nd time I've engaged Safari. The first time was a couple years ago to replace a sump pump and exit hose. That job was extremely well done, and it has been working flawlessly ever since. This time, I needed to replace a bathroom faucet and, upon closer examination, the drain pipe. We also replaced the sink while we were at it, and the shut-off values, since the old ones weren't shutting off the water completely. Again, I would highly recommend Safari for your plumbing needs. I would never call anyone else. Stephanie (in the office) is very courteous and prompt - they offered to come out the same day, but I wasn't available until the next day, so they came the next day. Terry & his apprentice Philip did the job flawlessly. A written estimate (with options) was presented before any work was done. The final price exactly matched the estimate. All the garbage, packaging, and old plumbing pieces were taken away. They take their shoes off when in your house. Both Terry & Philip were great workmen, they worked well together, and on top of that, they were both great guys. Very friendly & personable.

Thank you Peter. I will pass along your kind comments to Stephanie, Terry and Philip. David Sparling

Marc in Kanata
Marc in Kanata

Very expensive!!!

Our home had issues with hot water for the last few months. We were having trouble taking baths or showers. We decided to bite the bullet and call Safari Plumbing as we were very impressed by their online reviews. We were instructed that we needed a new mixing valve but unfortunately, they were not able to provide a quote. We decided to book them anyways mainly because of the great reviews. They came to our house and were very professional. They told me it would cost 399$ plus the service call plus taxes which came to about 500$. This amount seemed crazy to me but unfortunately, we were unable to take another day off work to get another plumber in. We decided to have them fix the valve anyway and they were done in less than an hour. If it weren't for the price, they would definitely get a 10 in my books. I'm all for paying for quality service but paying 500$ for a job that took less than an hour with a part that costs 65$ in store just seems ridiculous.

I am sorry you feel that $399 is an excessive price to pay to cut out and replace the old mixing valve above your hot water tank with a new one. We have actually called other plumbing companies in Ottawa and price shopped that particular work and the price that you paid is the going rate for the quality of work that you received. I wish I could reduce my rates by half and win your approval but I would soon be unable to stand behind the warranty that I have provided you and also the warranties I have provided to my other clients. I hope you give us another chance to prove that we are worth the money that we charge and I would be willing to provide you with a $50 gift certificate with no expiry date towards that future work. Please call me at 613-224-6335 and I will send you the certificate. David Sparling

teckles in Cambridge
teckles in Cambridge

General Maintenance

I have used Safari plumbing for over 30 years. It's a family owned business and the quality of their service is 2nd to none. They are knowledgeable, fair, and always let you know beforehand what work they will do to fix the problem and what their cost will be.

Thank you for the review and best of luck in the new home. Please keep our name handy for future consideration as we appreciate great clients such as yourself. David Sparling

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Great work on Old pipes from the 50's

We have a house form 1952 with cast iron pipes. they are incased in concrete in the Floor so needless to say, we need them working. Safari came out and not only snaked them so they would work better but ran a camera down them to show us, and them, if there were any issues. Great service, great work. David and Terry and the Office staff are fantastic!

I am glad Terry was able to get your drains working again. Old cast iron pipes can be tricky if you lack the experience to deal with them. Terry has plenty of experience with old piping and is one of the best plumbers around. David Sparling

Christine
Christine
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Basin faucet replacement and shut off valves replaced

Daniel came to do the diamond club inspection as well as diagnose a leak in our kitchen, and do some repairs that were noted on the last inspection, which was to replace a number of shut off valves and also replace a faucet in one of our bathrooms. As usual, the work was done as per quote, on time, and the areas were left tidy. Daniel arrived on time and provided knowledgable service in a friendly manner. He found problems that were left by amateur renovations done to a bathroom by the previous homeowner and offered the replacement on the spot, no waiting for parts. All of the plumbers we have had from Safari have been great; I would recommend Safari because while they are not inexpensive (what plumber is, really?) they do what they promise, provide expert advice to the homeowner every time they come over, arrive and leave clean (always covering shoes with booties!) and warranty their work. We've never had any problems and I cannot say that about other plumbers we used before them. Customer service is the priority with Safari and they are really good at that. We pay for the Diamond club, which has been valuable because we have had a few emergencies and this is covered no matter the day or time (no extra labour costs for non-standard hours, weekends, holidays) - also the inspection you get with it each year has been invaluable because we learn new things all the time, and they are thorough and answer all of our questions patiently. I have even called and spoken to David Sparling on occasion when I had an important question and received advice over the phone that has saved me time and concern. Nice company to deal with.
ADDITIONAL Review: Dan had to come back to fix a leak in our kitchen sink that required some parts ordered from the US - due to the wait time for the parts, he made a contraption to solve the leak while we waited for the new hose and it allowed us to use our sink (without a mess!) over the Thanksgiving weekend. When the part came in he was there that day, repaired the hose and coupling and we're leak-free. Service was again fast, friendly and we would recommend Safari 100%. Thanks!

I will pass on your comments to Dan and I know that he will be honoured to have received such high praise. I am glad that I was able to assist you over the telephone with your plumbing concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. David Sparling

Will in Ottawa
Will in Ottawa

Insinkerator Installation

I talked to Terry, one of the Safari plumbers, who was parked in the Safari van on our street. He gave me his card, I called Carly at safari ten minutes later, she made an appointment for that afternoon. Terry, a competent and good natured fellow, installed the appliance that afternoon. After he finished he cleaned up and checked out the plumbing connections in the basement and offered valuable advice. It could not have gone any better, all done in one day!

Thank you for you kind words about Terry. Terry is an amazing plumber and we are lucky to have him as part of our team. David Sparling

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen & Laundry Room Faucets & Up Grade Plumbing for these

I was very pleased with the work carried out by Safari Plumbing. They were very courteous, tidy and left no mess. They explained to me the work that they were doing to bring my plumbing needs up to standard, as well as installing my faucets. I highly recommend Safari Plumbing if you have plumbing problems.

Thank you very much for your kind words about Safari Plumbing and our plumbers. We look forward to doing business with you in the future. David Sparling.

dave from Ottawa
dave from Ottawa
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Renovate plumbing in old bathroom

I 0riginally called Safari about a kitchen sink issue and they referred me to another contractor, which I thought was great. I asked them if they did renos and I hired them to move the plumbing and drains in our basement bathroom.
Terry & Phil were fantastic - arrived when they said they would, identified problems other contractors did not identify, kept me informed all along and provided suggestions for about my reno. They did the work on time and left our basement bathroom in great shape - they cleaned up the debris and made it easy for me to continue my reno.
Would definitely recommend Safari to anyone looking for plumbing services.

Terry is one of the best plumbers in Ottawa and his years of experience and dedication to his craft has enabled him to see future problems that other plumbers miss. Philip is our apprentice and he will also be great like Terry. I thank you for the review and please call us when you would like the reno finished. David Sparling

MikeD in Ottawa
MikeD in Ottawa

Plumbing repair

I have to say this is the first plumber where I felt I got my money's worth. My basement drain backed up on a Saturday and I called Safari and they came right away. They gave me a reasonable quote up front and did the job right. While they were there they gave me a quote on fixing my stuck main water value to my house and it was also reasonable. I would recommend Safari to anyone.

Thank you for your kind review. I will pass your words on to Terry, the plumber who was at your home. We look forward to hearing from you in the future. David Sparling
Safari Plumbing Ltd.

More about Safari Plumbing Ltd.

It’s a jungle out there!
Finding a good plumber isn’t easy. All you want is a qualified, competent professional. Yet finding one can be so difficult! Add to that the pressure of making a decision in a hurry—after all, you probably call a plumber only in an emergency, right?—and the odds increase that you could be stuck with an unfair bill, poor workmanship, or worse.
Safari’s A+ Better Business Bureau rating and rave reviews from customers are only the beginning. Here are just a few of the ways that Safari Plumbing provides peace of mind:
No risk—If you are not fully satisfied with the service, you won’t have to pay until you are.
Quality you can depend on—We take pride in providing our clients with the best plumbing experience possible, whether it is a simple drain cleaning, a hook-up for a new dishwasher or an after-hours emergency repair.
Respect for you and your home—We always treat you and your home with care, from the shoe covers our plumbers wear while inside your home, to the way we clean the work area before we leave.
Prompt service—Each Safari plumbing truck carries a complete inventory of tools and replacement parts so you can trust we’ll arrive at your home ready to complete the job promptly and efficiently.
Fully guaranteed—We stand by our work: all repairs are guaranteed for one full year.
Choose the best. Choose Safari.
From simple or complex repairs, to plumbing for custom kitchens or baths, trust the friendly, experienced professionals at Safari Plumbing to take care of all your plumbing needs.