Durham Lawn Jockey

Shannon in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Lawn Care

Very professional company.

Craig & Dina show great patience as they teach us how to care for our grass. All questions/emails were answered within ~24 hours.

We have been extremely happy with the service and expertise they supplied. We will definitely be signing up again next year.

BTW are lawn has fully recovered and looks amazing.

Will there be a fall over-seed?

Thanks Gary & Shan

Thank you Gary & Shannon! We try and look after everyone's lawns as if they are our own. With your contribution, it has recovered beautifully:-) I just sent you both information about seeding. Fall is the best time, taking advantage of 2 growing seasons and reinforcing the root system in preparation for winter. We look forward to another great season! Cheers!!

jason from Whitby
jason from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Great value from a local business that just gets it

After years of trying to improve our lawn ourselves, 2 years ago we caved and decided we needed professional help. We mistakenly went with a large company that serves homes all over the GTA. We quickly regretted that decision as there were service errors, communication errors, high pressure selling of more treatments/products and difficulty to confirm not renewing the contract.

A friend recommended Durham lawn Jockey to us and because their offices were around the corner from where I live I wanted to help a local business. I couldn't be happier with their service and value received. This was the best year of our lawns (By far) and the service was professional and courteous. The best way I can describe them is that they just get it. Treat people the way you want to be treated, make a living and everybody wins. I would highly recommend them for your landscaping needs. Thanks Craig and the team for your service to our home this past season. We will be back!

Thank you, Jason! We do try to provide the best customer service we can. You have been a great lawn "caregiver"! We look forward to continuing to work closely with you in maintaining your lawn's good health. Cheers!!

Meredith
Meredith
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Great service, effective program

Durham Lawn Jockey has been maintaining my lawn for several years. They consider the needs of my lawn, rather than simply giving the same services to everyone. They are very courteous, efficient and pleasant, always. They provide lots of helpful information and recommendations. Simply a great team.

Thank you very much, Meredith! You have been a great partner in the care and health of your lawn...our pleasure:-)

Greg in Ajax
Greg in Ajax
1 review Whitby, ON

Lawn Maintenence

My parents used Durham Lawn Jockey and they were my first call when we moved into our new house. For every blade of grass, we had at least ten weeds on our lawn. Three years later, we have a full lawn which is virtually weed free.

Everytime they service us they leave a note stating what was done and any comments/tips to help you take care of your lawn between service visits. Highly recommend Craig!

Thank you, Greg, for your kind words. We're so pleased when people appreciate our efforts. You've also been a great lawn "caregiver" in maintaining a happy & healthy lawn...Cheers!!

Caroline in Whitby
Caroline in Whitby
0 reviews , ON

Annual Lawn Maintenance!

I contacted Lawn Jockey 3 or 4 years ago after seeing them do such a good job on my neighbours lawn. I liked what they had to say about the products they use so I signed up for a year/season.
I'm in my 3rd or 4th year now and couldn't be happier. Not only are Craig and Dina so great and caring, they almost feel like part of the family lol, but they are also responsible for the compliments I get, In particular for my back yard. EXTREMELY reliable and I would highly recommend them.

Thank you, Caroline, for doing your part in helping to maintain your lawn's health. We wish you great success in your new home!...Cheers!!

Ruby (Ajax) in Ajax
Ruby (Ajax) in Ajax
0 reviews Ajax, ON

My Lawn Needed Help!!

A friend referred us to the lawn company because she said they do a very good job. So I contacted Dina and told her our lawn story. No matter what my husband did to fertilize our lawn, it never looked good and we always had dry and patchy areas that looked awful. I called The Lawn Jockey and Dina was great in telling me what we needed to do. She sent Craig & Tristan over to access our lawn and made some recommendations. We gave them a chance and last year in 2018 they started to work on our lawn. We just had to follow the tips they told us to do and maintain the grass. Well in 2019 of this year, our lawn never looked so healthy and no more dry patches!!! We liked that its a local company and also the tips they would leave you on the sheet left on the door. My sister asked how we kept our lawn so healthy because she also had hard time maintaining hers. I told her to call The Lawn Jockey and so she did :-)
Keep up the awesome work Dina, Craig & Tristan!!!

Thank you, Ruby & David, for your kind words as well as your awesome partnership in the care and good health of your lawn. Cheers!!

Brian P. in Oshawa
Brian P. in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Family run and Quality service

Three years ago I saw their truck down the street as I looked across my sad and weedy lawn and thought...hmmm... maybe my I should get someone.. and I did.

Since then my lawn looks great, my wife thinks I am a genius and the neighbours dont shake their heads in shame... Seriously though these are great people and dont do high pressure sales as they do everything by word of mouth. Check them out 10/10 with me

Thank you, Brian, and we truly appreciate your contribution to the good health of your lawn. You're 10/10 with us, as well...Cheers!!

Christine
Christine
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Great Customer Service & Support

After reading other reviews on Home Stars, I contacted this company for help with our lawn. Because it is the end of the season, they are not taking on new clients however, Dina spent some time with me on the phone discussing our lawn and its problem. She took the time to share her knowledge and expertise to guide me for a healthier lawn now and in the future. I have continued to correspond with her via email as I had more questions and she has continued to happily help. Customer service is often lacking in this world today and I can not say enough about this company. We are not their customers at this point or have even committed to hiring them for next season but that didn't seem to matter. This company is obviously just passionate about what they do and happy to share with others. They care! This is what prompted me to write this review.

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation! We do care about the health of all lawns, customers or not. We look forward to hearing about the progress of your lawn, whether you choose to use our services or not. Cheers!!

Jane from Oshawa
Jane from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Lawn Care

We have been clients of Durham Lawn Jockey for a number of years and the service they have provided has just been excellent. It is a family owned and operated local business. We appreciate their great customer service. They are always courteous and friendly and promptly address any concerns we have with our lawn. Their lawn care program is thorough with different options available. They will contact you to see if you want to continue with their lawn care the following year but in their professional manner, they do not make multiple phone calls or send numerous e-mails. Rather they rely on their quality of service to bring customers back and it works! We are totally satisfied with Durham Lawn Jockey and are pleased to recommend them to anyone looking for a first-rate, friendly, reliable local lawn care company!

Thank you, Jane! We very much enjoy having customers that value our service and appreciate our efforts:-) Cheers!!

Tanya in Whitby
Tanya in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Lawn Maintenence

We have been using the Lawn Jockey for a few years now. When we started with their service we had a terrible lawn. Most of our area was weeds and patchy. But after proper and knowledgable care our lawn is now full and green with grass. We recommend the Durham lawn Jockey at every chance. Not only are they good at what they do and provide results but their customer service is wonderful. In the fall we prepay for the following year, so come spring time we do not even have to think about it. The Lawn Jockey arrives and takes care of the lawn right from the beginning. They have a range of options to choose for your needs, they know us by name, they leave a letter each time they are here (out lining what they did, if our kids or dog need to stay off the lawn, and an assessment of the lawn, etc). They provide the best all around service!

Thank you, Tanya! We couldn't get the results if you weren't doing your part of the "caregiving". We greatly value seeing a lawn come to good health for families to enjoy:-)

More about Durham Lawn Jockey

Durham Lawn Jockey is family-run lawn company based out of Durham. We specialize in lawn care applications such as fertilization, aeration with or without over-seeding, insect deterrents, Fiesta weed control and nematodes for grub infestations, delivered in a timely fashion by friendly, licensed professionals. We strive to be different than ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Whitby?