Culzac Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Culzac Heating & Air Conditioning

Barry in Toronto
Barry in Toronto

Gas line for BBQ

Dwayne did everything you hope and expect from a contractor - he showed up when he said he would, did the job right and treated the house respectfully. The price he quoted (very reasonable) was the price I paid.
Overall, it was a pleasure dealing with Dwayne and I would not hesitate in using his services in the future.

joe  in North york
joe in North york
10 reviews North York, ON

A/C repair

I have to described something first. We bought a new furnance and a/c from a local company in 2005, a Carrier Infinity series 96 and a 2 ton puron a/c. After several years of their "maintenance" service this past maintenance check pushed me away from them. They were asked to come in and do yearly maintenance on a/c as part of their warranty. The techy came and checked the temperature by literally sticking his finger thru a hole in the vents. He didn't open service panel or physically check cleanliness of air filter, apparently they have xray vision and can see that everything was alright. He went outside and hooked up a pressure gauge to our a/c and said we needed some puron and he put some in at $40 for two ounces. My understanding is it is about $40 for two pounds. That really doesn't matter. Said everything was good and we paid the company close to $200 for "looking" at a/c. Over the years we always asked this company why there was such a temperature difference between our main floor and basement. Their reply was that it was the vent system in our mid 50's home. Ok I said what do I know. The last "heat wave" the temperature soared and the main floor wasn't cooled at all. We keep our temperature set to 75F. I went to my neighbour who has an identifcal system and house and his house was comfortable. I asked him why and he said that the company who installed his system had reset the fan speeds and we should get a techy in to check ours. My research on Home Stars led to Culzac Heating and A/C and Dwayne. I emailed Dwayne because it wasn't an emergency call and he asked that I call him the following Monday to explain the situation. I did and he was willing to come out the following day. I wasn't in a rush and said the following Thursday was good enough. The other company would say they were coming out and they would miss calls or claim we never made appointments. Anyways Dwayne came in, and when I described our problem he knew almost instantly what the problem was. The fan speed wasn't reset from factory default settings when installed. He checked specs and reset the dip switches and went upstairs to check air flow from the vents. He fixed the problem and was done in about an hour. He even went as far as checking to make sure the a/c condensor wasn't plugged up something the other company never ever did. We went out after Dwayne left and came back about 4 hours later expecting to having to run downstairs to cool off. We walked thru the front door and my wife and I just stood there. The upstairs was cool and the A/C was actually off! I've lived in this house since 1960 and this was actually the first time the upstairs was comfortable when it was hot outside. Dwayne was professional, clean, he insisted on taking his boots off eventhough we told him he didn't need too, and I was very, very impressed with this young gentleman. Culzac is who we will be calling from now on for maintenance and repairs on our heating and air conditioning needs. The guy was amazing!!!

Oleg in Toronto
Oleg in Toronto
2 reviews York, ON

air conditioning line fixed

I had my air conditioning refrigerant line punched when a contractor did duct cleaning at my house. I contacted a few companies through Home Stars for a quote and Wayne responded quickly. He visited the house a few days later and provided me the quote and offered a few options to save me money.
Then he came with a couple more guys and they spent a few hours fixing the line and testing. They did an excellent job and I am very happy with the quality and the cost.

Mary - Woodbridge
Mary - Woodbridge
4 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Installation of underground gas line

These guys were amazing. While most others were too busy to come by, Culzac was able to find the time to come and give me an estimate AND install an underground gas line within a more than reasonable time frame. They were also quick to respond to any questions I had. And, they also called first thing in the morning to reconfirm our appointment later in the day.

They were friendly, professional and courteous and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone I know.

Ada in Toronto
Ada in Toronto

air conditioning service

Service was excellent. Came within 24 hrs and on a weekend / holiday too. Gave us a detailed assessment and gave us options for how to fix the air conditioning - more expensive one and cheaper one that may require top off in subsequent years. We were not pressured to go with either options but were told the pros and cons of each.

Dian Emery in North york
Dian Emery in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Repair of Furnace/Air Conditioner Unit

I called this company after two other companies turned me down during one of Toronto's week long heat waves. Not only did Dwayne answer my call immediately, he came out to my house within minutes of the call. He was in the area and was willing to swing by my place on his way to another call! Talk about great service!!!!! He fix the plugged hose and after a few minutes the AC/Furnace was no longer spitting water on my floor. Dwayne is friendly, courteous and professional, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!

a in etobicoke
a in etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Furnance Cycling and not staying on

I read the previous comments and true to everyone's word Dwayne returned my inquiry e mail within 15 minutes of me sending it.
He was very professional , courteous but most of all very hepful and knowledgable.
He explained everything throughly and only charged a service call fee/cleaning of part, exactly as initially noted.
For all those people who are leary of repair people, Dwayne will be a breath of fresh air!

Ecowoods Inc.
Ecowoods Inc.
2 reviews North York, ON

Furnace Repair

When I got back from work I noticed that the furnace had stop working, It was 4 pm, immediately I call three of the companies in homestars and left a message as an emergency, Culzac Heating was the only company who returned my call immediately, and was here as they said in an hour. Dwayne is extremely, polite, proffesional and honest. He quicly noticed that there was a small loose cable that made the furnace stop working , the only charge was a tune up, and after we decide to change some other parts from it with a very affordable cost. If you have any problem with your heating system do not bother calling somebody else, call Culzac Heating.Thank you Dwayne

Lynn M.
Lynn M.

boiler cleaning

After cancelling my Boiler insurance with my gas supplier for very poor service, we needed someone to come yearly to clean the boiler. After looking on Homestars, I found Dwayne from Culzac. He answered the phone promptly and professionally and made an appointment to come to the house. His window of time for arriving at the home was only one hour, so, nobody had to wait home all day. He arrived exactly on time and did a better job than I had ever seen anyone else do on the boiler. His price was very competitive if not slightly less than others had quoted. Dwayne is our new "go to" guy when it comes to our furnace.

Erika Boone in North york
Erika Boone in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

replaced air conditioner

Dwayne returned my first call very quickly and despite it being the middle of July, was able to make a call the following day. He spent over an hour in my hot attic trying to find a solution to our dilemma. He then sent me a quote with options (same day) by email. Dwayne has since installed stage one of our new unit and paid an additional visit to consult with a contractor (who is having to cut a hole in our attic to create space for the new unit). All this above and beyond the call of duty and in a professional, friendly manner. Culzac Heating has been a pleasure to do business with.

More about Culzac Heating & Air Conditioning

At Culzac Heating and Air Conditioning, we pride ourselves on providing the fastest, most efficient service and products to our customers possible. Culzac Heating is a reputable company in the residential HVAC industry. Our knowledgeable technicians are trained to meet today’s standards, in order to deliver the best service possible. ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Toronto?