Pattern Lock Interlocking

Reviews for Pattern Lock Interlocking

Dr. M. Chan
Dr. M. Chan

Backyard Interlocking around pool

After numerous bad experiences with previous contractors, I was referred to look up HomeStars by a work colleague. Following some extensive research of multiple interlocking reviews, I decided to contact Pattern Lock Interlocking Company. I have to admit, I may have been a little apprehensive at my first meeting with Roger, whom I thought was going to be overwhelmed and/or completely uninterested due to the complexity of my backyard.

The previous "contractors" that we hired, got drunk, got into an argument with each other, and walked off the job and never came back. Leaving us with a tornado of a mess. Roger quietly walked around my property, took measurements, wrote some notes, and then looked over to me with a gentle smile and said "You don't worry have to worry about this anymore Dr. Chan, we're gonna take care of this."

To my surprise, he didn't comment negatively and didn't bash the previous contractors like everyone else did. He simply gave me a realistic and fair quote, the date that he was going to start and the date that the job was going to be finished, but most importantly he gave me a renewed sense of hope.

Ultimately, on the date he promised, Roger showed up with his crew. They were incredibly friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and particularly considerate of our neighbours. Which is really impressive, in my opinion. Roger and his crew worked diligently to get the job done as efficiently as possible, and with impeccable attention to detail. By far surpassing our expectations. They completed the job a day before promised, and did a great job cleaning up after their work, which is a rare find nowadays.

We are extremely happy with Pattern Lock Interlocking Company and their unequalled level of professionalism.
A modern and sophisticated company, but with Old School honor and craftmanship. We highly recommend them! 10 STARS!

Update: We are going to reach out to them once again to do our front yard project as well, in the near future.

Thank you very much for choosing us to get your project done! it was really a pleasure working for you and im glad we met your expectations to get everything done just the way u wanted it. We will keep doing our best to keep our homeowners happy. We do the work to the best of our ability. Also as if it was our own home!

Happy customer
Happy customer
0 reviews Milton, ON

10+++

Roger and his team were extremely hardworking.

Our experience with then was amazing. They were extremely reliable and professional from beginning to end! Even my neighbors told me how respectful they were. Roger promised he would be done in 5 days and he was. There work is beautiful. The finished work far exceeded our expectations. We are so happy we chose them to do our work. We will definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Himanshu G.
Himanshu G.
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Backyard Patio, capping of Front Porch and Driveway patch & Sidewalk

I know this was long awaited, but here it is finally, my Review.

We got the work done from Pattern lock and overall I am Happy with the outcome". We started with Jeff spending some time in hearing us out and presenting a 3-D design. It was fun 15 mins when he was working on it right in front of me taking my inputs.

During the work, we had some last minute thoughts on design changes, which Roger & his Dad made adjustments to, to our satisfaction without much hassel. Post work cleanliness was also impeccable.

There is only one feedback I have for the team: To be very clear to customers on the measurements being requested and how a stone size could impact overall measurements.

We had requested 2' of sidewalk & driveway patch, but it seemed with the final stone being added, it was going beyond 2' (26.5" precisely), so instead of being 3 stone wide, these were left as only 2 stone wide. If I was told that to make it 2 feet wide, eventually it may end up a bit wider than that and I would have to accommodate that with a bit extra in price, I would have agreed to it and asked to go ahead. Leaving it at only 19.5" does make it look like a skinny patch. It seems due to above measurement facts, material purchased was also just enough to have it only 19.5" rather than 24" (or eventually 26.5").

Other than above feedback, I am satisfied with entire team and would not stay behind in recommending them. I even have them in mind for my other property work, whenever I decide to get that done.

Kevin in Plantagenet
Kevin in Plantagenet
1 review Milton, ON

Drive way, porch steps, lights

All I can say is job well done 100%. Materials and performance are top notch! Very tidy, very detail oriented, work was done in a timely manner and with utmost professional attitude. All and all awesome company to deal with. I have got a lot of styling ideas from them that made my house stand out.

Claudio in Oakville
Claudio in Oakville

Complete landscaping

Oaktown Paving has been working with Pattern Lock Interlocking for over four years now. We recognize that their work ethic is beyond their years in service. Oaktown recommends them whenever there is any type of landscaping to be done. Our customers have always been happy with them. Their comments are always “wow”, “looks amazing”, or "better than expected". Thanks for making us look good Pattern Lock Interlocking!

We at Patternlock interlocking take pride in what we do and do the work as if it was to be done in our own homes! Keeping our homeowners happy and here for them whenever they have any questions or concerns,And yes our greatest joy is the look on our homeowners faces with the wow,looks amazing or better then expected! Thank you Oaktown paving for your amazing work and looking forward to our work together for years to come!

Patternlock interlocking

Jackie
Jackie
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Front Porch and Side Walkway

We initially met with Jeff, who gave us some design ideas and produced them on a 3D rendering, which helped us visualize the final product. Jeff was great to deal with, he provided guidance and incorporated our feedback into his design. He saw the job through to the end and ensured that our satisfaction was met.

Roger and Joe, installed the stones and were great to deal with. They too provided guidance throughout the job and made some minor adjustments to ensure that we would be satisfied with the work. They’re post installation service was fantastic as well. We had a minor issue with a wooden gate they installed at the side walkway. They responded to concerns in a timely fashion and made the appropriate adjustments. We haven’t had an issue since.

They were considerate of our neighbours. They took the time to check in with our neighbours to ensure that they were not being inconvenienced by the work.

They were all great to deal with and would recommend them to anyone. I know my neighbours will be calling when they’re ready to have some work hardscaping done.

D in Mississauga
D in Mississauga

Worst Performing Contractor (UPDATE)

Next day of my posting I received 9 abusive phone calls, I do not wish to repeat those words.
To set the records straight, be known of the following facts:
1. There was/is never a bench on my property.
2. The attached pictures show the defective materials used, not paint splashes.
3. You always do your best to satisfy customers is far from the reality.
4. The white blemishes appeared 2 days after the installation and promptly you were notified with pictures. You did not take any remedial action for several months. That constrained me to contact the paver manufactures, a representative of them visited my property on Aug 06/20 and acknowledged the defective installation. His suggested remedial work still remains to be done.
5. The pictures of projects on your website clearly exhibit application of sealer treatment, with the same understanding the contract was awarded.
6. Provide evidence of your quoting price for sealer application. The fact is I had obtained price from other parties and notified per my email of Sept-04/20.
7. Your representative on Nov-07/19 stood at my door for hours for payment while the work was under progress. Payment was released trusting the promise to complete the work in next few hours.
8. The contract included 74 LinFt of retaining wall, but constructed only 33.33 LinFt; Patio Pavers included 396 SqFt but installed only 370 SqFt.
9. Planter Box on backyard a PVC edging was installed instead of contractual curb stones, removed upon my objection.
10. 546 SqFt of driveway cost of $1700.00 was included but never constructed.
11. Contract included garden soil fill in all 5 planter boxes, not provided.
12. Material deliveries offloaded on green lawn damaging the lawn.
13. Stone gravel was left all over lawn and planter boxes, 3 of precious rose bushes namely : Marylin Monroe, Queen Elizabeth and Lady Diana were destroyed.
14. Patio pavers were installed without proper compaction of sub-base, pavers have moved.
15. Pavers manufacturer’s recommendations and standard procedures for installation established by ICPI were not followed to install edge restraint, sealer, landscape fabric. (Refer manufacturer Best Way Stones catalogue pp. 108 and 109).
16. On May 27/20 your partner blocked my SMS correspondence, stating he is no longer associated with Pattern Lock Interlocking.
17. Entire volume of correspondence is on record, will publish whenever required.
18. Please note that negative reviews will be posted till you remove the defective work and replace with clean defects free work.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, although it is upsetting to us that you feel this way. We at Pattern Lock Interlocking always do our best to satisfy our customers.
We have been back to your property twice this year after the work was completed last year because of the concern you had, we washed your interlocking with a chemical the first time, then we came back to power wash your whole project as by doing this we resolved the issue.
We have provided you a quote for sealing as it was outside the scope of the original work, but we have not heard back from you.
As for the cost of your project, Our sales representative provided a quote which was agreed upon when we started the project.
We completed your project and you paid us in full because you were happy with our work. If you were unhappy with any aspect of the project we would always strive to complete the work to your satisfaction. At the time the job was completed, you indicated how happy you were with what we did and so we were unaware of any issue. The white marks as you state are the paint splats from when your wife was painting the bench as she also let us know that’s what it was from. If there is anything you would like to discuss, please call me at your earliest convenience, I will be more than happy to help out in any way that I can. Wishing you all the best, Patternlock Interlocking

Remo
Remo
1 review Milton, ON

Landscape

We met with Jeff at the beginning and he spent the time going through each step. He designed our backyard and what really sold us was his 3D video of what our backyard would look like. Roger and his dad worked on our backyard and we could not be more happier. They were courteous respectful and listened to all our requests. They worked diligently and completed our backyard with meticulous precision. They have completely transformed our pool and we are ecstatic that we hired Pattern Lock. We highly recommend them. As Roger would say " we treat your place like if it was ours" and that is exactly what they did.. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Darryl in Mississauga
Darryl in Mississauga

Professional Crew, Excellent Results

We needed to get our front porch, steps and driveway done. The interlock was looking worn and outdated, not to mention a tripping hazard walking down the steps.

We had a few quotes and contractors come to our house and quote us. Patternlock was a referral from friends who had similar work done. After seeing their work and hearing the good experience our friends went through, we decided to give them shot.

The quote process was easy and straight forward. Their sales person will come and measure then produce a 3D rendition of the job so you have a visual example of what it will look like. I was quite impressed by this and helped me see the finished product.

We opted on a mix of interlock and asphalt for the driveway and full slab stone steps. What a difference it has made. Our neighbours have complimented us repeatedly on the workmanship and look of the job.

The crew was extremely professional, punctual, and very accommodating. I don't think I've ever worked with a more polite crew of contractors, at least with jobs I've had done. Note: they don't do asphalt and refer another contractor but Oaktown Paving did an incredible job for us. These two contractors work well together. If you're doing a similar job, I would try to get these two together.

They're very busy so need to be patient with callbacks but they do guarantee their work and will show up to look at touch-ups as promised.

Would I recommend: 100%.

They posted our job on their Instrgram feed.

Bernadette
Bernadette

Front Steps & walkway

Pattern Lock just completed our front doorstep and path entrance. This is our second time using this company as they had completed a large patio area in our backyard some years back for us. Thoroughly satisfied with their work and finished product – hence using them a second time. They even repurposed our old steps to our garage door without even asking them to.
I would highly recommend Pattern Lock to anyone.

More about Pattern Lock Interlocking

Pattern Lock Interlocking Inc. is a privately-owned and operated Canadian Landscape construction company that specializes in creating beautiful landscapes for your home or business. We are based in Milton, Ontario with over twenty years of experience.

We service theGTA (greater Toronto area), Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Campbellville, Waterdown, Dundas, Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas.

Pattern Lock Interlocking is one of the fastest growing hardscape specialists in the GTA and surrounding areas. We back our work with a 2 year guarantee.

Please call for a free quote.