Markham Garage Doors LTD.

Garage Doors & Hardware
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Unionville  >  Markham Garage Doors LTD.

Reviews for Markham Garage Doors LTD.

Glenn in Markham
Glenn in Markham

Service

I had a problem with a broken cable on my garage door. I called MGD and left a message. Ernie called me back within minutes and scheduled a same day appointment. I was very impressed with the service - both Ernie's expertise, information sharing and quality of service. I will not hesitate to call on them for further service and I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the great review. Ernie is such a pro, we are lucky to have him on our team. We truly appreciate you writing this lovely review for us. Thanks from all of us at Markham Garage Doors.

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

Garage Door Opener Installation

I needed a garage door opener installed right from sending in my information on line to getting it installed it was nothing but 10/10 service they got back to me right away to schedule an appointment. I had Nick come and complete the work and he did a fantastic job in a very short time.

Thank you for the kind review and for your business! We will pass on your nice comments to Nick.

Cheers!

Tom from Markham
Tom from Markham

Garage Doors R Them!

We needed to replace our 46 year old original garage doors. A previous good experience with Markham Garage Doors installing a Door Opener meant that they were the first people we went to for a quote.

Buying experience was breezy, working with a knowledgeable sales person who guided us through our options until we landed on a style and colour then arranged for an estimator to call us to measure and provide a quote. Estimator called before we got home, arrived an hour later. Another Pro! We paid a small deposit, got a guesstimate on delivery time and waited.

On time, Tim showed up a little after 9:00 AM, all by himself and never stopped working. Did a beautiful job, was neat as a pin and pleasant to have around. Gone by 1:00 ish and we are happy campers.

Thank you Tim and the rest of the team at Markham Garage Doors. Highly recommended.

Thank you for the great review, and for being a returning customer! We will pass your comments onto Tim and the rest of the team. We are happy that your experience with our company did not disappoint.

Cheers, from all of us here at Markham Garage Doors

Lena in Thornhill
Lena in Thornhill

New garage door, frame capping and vinyl header

If I could give the Markham Garage Doors greater than 10/10 rating, I would! Chris and Kevin run a professional and honest business. We first had our garage doors installed by Markham Garage Doors quite a few years ago and the entire process and after-service were exceptional. This year, when my mother needed a new garage door to replace her old one, I knew exactly who to call. Kevin provided me the options and quoted a very reasonable price. We scheduled the install at a mutually convenient time. John came to do the installation of the garage door and he was very friendly, quick and neat. A couple of days later Robert came to install aluminum frame capping as well as a new vinyl header over the garage door. He too was a very nice and friendly gentleman. The way the capping is installed by the Markham Garage Doors crew is very different from everything I have seen other companies do – there is no messy calking involved and the finished product looks fully integrated with the brick of the house. Robert re-installed the light fixture over the garage door and even polished it for my mother, so now it looks like new. We could not have been happier. A couple of weeks ago I receive a call from Kevin who told me that during the install they noticed a minor imperfection on one of the garage door panels and the new replacement panel was ready to be installed. I can honestly say that if he did not call, I would never know that there was a defect. But Markham Garage knew there was one and they wanted to make sure everything was perfect. A little while later the new panel was re-installed. The new garage door looks great! Thank you again, Markham Garage Doors!

Thank you for such a lovely review. We truly enjoy what we do, but it's customers like yourself that keep us excited about business. Our techs are incredible as well as our office staff so Kevin and I are extremely lucky to have such a great Team. Thanks for letting us return with the replacement panel John noticed an imperfection while installing, and as always reports it to us so we can order immediately. Thanks again for your business and for supporting us with this review. We truly appreciate it. Thanks from all of us, The Markham Garage Door Team!!!

J in Stouffville
J in Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Replaced broken Spring repair

Originally called and got an appointment the same day. Which was the good part. I had original gotten a quote for about 200+ tax(parts and labor included), but in the end they charged me 300 something.

I would make sure you get it in writing before you allow them to start the service.

Hi J,

We pride ourselves on not only our service but on our honesty and fairness when it comes to pricing. The repair that was done at your place was the standard cost for that repair, and the price you were quoted when you called. We are defiantly NOT the type of company that would ever up a price after doing the service. We thank you for your business and are happy that we were able to provide same day service.

Have a great weekend,
Markham Garage Doors Team

Hubbard in Markham
Hubbard in Markham

Garage Door Repair

I originally called Dodds as they had installed the garage door. They got it working but said it may not last and recommended a new door!!!
When it played up again my neighbour suggested that we call Markham Garage Doors.
Ernie came to the rescue, he oiled the door, checked the motor and the gears and realigned the sensors...he said the door was fine and a small dent should not interfere with the efficiency of the opener.
He took more care...his visit was twice as long as Dodds and almost half the price.
I would highly recommend Markham Garage Doors...

Thanks for the wonderful review. Ernie is a pro tech and has been doing this for over 25 years we are proud to have him on our Team. We will always strive to outperform and outprice others in our industry. We want to make every effort possible to make sure you are happy to have us back when needed. Thanks, from all of us here at Markham Garage Doors.

Chris
Chris

Garage door replacement

This is my first review on home stars for Markham Garage Doors. I have used them once before about 2 years ago to replace a broken spring. It was this initial contact that made me a repeat customer. At that time the service technician was extremely helpful, thorough and quick. The cost was reasonable and there was no attempt to have me buy a new garage door at that time. Fast forward to this transaction with the company. I wanted a basic double garage door and I went into their showroom to see what they suggested.
I didn’t know what to expect but the young lady at the shop (Andrea) recommended a reasonable door that suited my purposes. The garage door on my house is a rear building facing a laneway and did not need to be very fancy. Again the company did not try to get me to buy any additional accessories or add ons. From the first contact at the shop, to the sales representative that came to my house and finally to the technician who installed the door I was extremely pleased with the courteous and friendly staff. Clean install without any issues and I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested. The technician Tim who came to the house was really friendly and did the job in about three hours, no fuss no mess. Great business and group of employees!

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy you chose to use us again. We strive to make sure we give all our clients top notch service, and make sure we provide the services requested. We hope you have a great summer and we will make sure Tim and Andrea are made aware of your lovely comments. Thanks again the Markham Garage Doors Team!!!!

Slocker in Georgina
Slocker in Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

2 Openers installed

I just wanted to send a Big Thanks to Ryan Pinto and Johnny for their expertise in arranging the service call and for the expert installation that Johnny provided. From beginning to end Johnny ensured a smooth and flawless execution with the installation of our garage door openers. The all new Liftmaster openers work like a gem. I was very impressed with Johnny's attention to detail and neat and clean work. Both Ryan and Johnny are very meticulous and it's clearly demonstrated through their quality craftsmanship. They take pride in their work and make it their business to maintain consistent delivery of quality service and installation. I would definitely recommend Markham Garage Doors to anyone who needs doors or servicing of them. It's all about having the right people to keep your business running like a well oiled machine. So Guys keep doing what you're doing because you are winning!! Thanks again to Ryan, Johnny and Andrea for taking care of business.

Cheers!

Steven in Keswick...

Thanks for the great review Steven! We are happy to hear that your experience with all of the team you spoke to and saw was a positive one! It's thanks to customers like yourself that keep us doing what we love!
Cheers the Markham Garage Doors Team

Sudesh in Markham
Sudesh in Markham

Garage doors replacement

These guys are very professional.
I am very satisfied with work done and punctuality of staff.
I will definitely recommend these guys if you need your garage doors replaced.
They will try their best to work with you.

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your support, and thank you for taking the time to write this for us. Have a great summer and we look forward to helping you again in the future.

Thanks Chris Dale

Jason Hart from Vaughan
Jason Hart from Vaughan

Replaced Garage doors

Called Markham Garage doors after looking at the reviews on HomeStars. Three of us in our neighbour hood needed to replace our doors (Builders doors - 1999). One other neighbour had already replaced theirs with another company - we originally called them but they never showed.
Markham doors sent an estimator same day. Sales rep was very helpful. They have a wide range of doors and rep gave us lots of good tips. Installers came on time. On my door I spotted a small alignment issue (most people would not have noticed). Tim my installer, was as obsessed with getting the job perfect. He thanked me for pointing that out - redid two panels and corrected it. All hardware and weatherstripping was replaced with superior quality. Job site was cleaned up and all old material put in the truck.

Hi Jason, Thank you for the wonderful review of our company. Tim is a great part of our team and pays special attention to detail. We appreciate your business, and for taking the time to let us know how your experience with our company was.

Enjoy your day.... and your new door!
Cheers,
Markham Garage Doors Team

More about Markham Garage Doors LTD.

Our team provides fast affordable service as well as new garage doors and openers. Our showroom allows customers to visualize, touch and learn about every garage product available! At Markham Garage Doors Ltd., we offer free in home quotations and accurate quotes over the phone for all types of new products and services for your existing project. Please give us a call and experience what its like to deal with an honest and friendly local company. Thanks for supporting Markham Garage Doors. 905-472-9178

Products: Garage Doors, Garage Door Openers,Garage door and opener service, Custom Carriage House Garage Doors, Aluminum Capping of Door Frames, Commercial Overhead Doors, Parts available for all makes and models.

Garage Doors & Hardware
Full Service Garage Door Company - for all you garage needs. Garage Doors, Garage Door Openers, Aluminum Capping, Repairs to all makes and models of garage doors and openers. Parts for sale for the do it yourselfer. You need it, we got it!
Lift Master, Haas Door, Clopay Building Products, Richards-Wilcox, Steel Craft, Equal Door Industries, Steel-Craft, As well as many other Brands.
All Styles available "We are constantly searching for the hottest designs available" If you have seen something unique that you love, chances are we installed it, if not show us a picture and we will source it. Doors range from the ultra high end to the cheap and cheerful whether your dressing up your house to stand out in the neighborhood, or cleaning up your house to list for sale we have a solution for you!
We specialize in quality workmanship with the largest selection of products to suit your needs. A Business built on knowledge, trust and honesty. "do it once, do it right" Every member of our team is an employee and has a vested interest in doing an excellent job everyday. We love what we do and it shows!
Visa MasterCard Interact Cash and Cheque