Titan Carpentry

Sarah Causton
Sarah Causton
5 reviews , ON

Quality and on Budget!

We hired George to renovate the upstairs of our newly purchased Century home. The work we had George and his men do included the following
-remove old closets and the mismatched door frames and some flooring (where there was some)
-lay new flooring continuous throughout the whole level
-build new door jambs
-hang new doors (chiseling out the holes for the hardware by hand) -install new door casings and trim true to the style and age of the home
-replicate the existing baseboard trim when missing pieces needed to be replaced
-remove the old, dangerously low, railing and replace with up-to-code version
-installed and patched drywall where necessary
-re-secure loose steps and resurface with new treads and risers
-caulked every nook and cranny

We also added a side project for him to lay flooring in a downstairs room and seal up an unneeded interior doorway.

George came and gave a detailed quote and stayed within the budget, which is unheard of in the industry! He and his men cleaned up the work area at the end of each day and literally marked off with caution tape when things needed to be left out overnight. They vacuumed all dust and debris and stacked their tools in a corner or a room so the work area was safe and clean to inspect when we wanted to. They were very careful to cause as little disturbance to me and my 4 young kids as possible...even though my kids may have been disruptive to their work at times.

My husband and I have enough experience doing our own renovations to spot poor or overlooked work and have had issues with contractors in the past who have tried to pull the wool over our eyes by not reporting problems as they came across them and were resistant to do anything about it when we reported it to them. George was the opposite; he would point out problems before we had a chance to mention anything and he would already have a solution in mind to rectify it.

Aside from his professionalism and conscientious work habits, George is a master of his craft and produced beautiful work with outstanding attention to detail. George's work was not only aesthetic but also strong and built to last.

I cannot emphasize enough how highly I recommend this company. If we ever have need of a contractor again, George will be the man we call!

Rhonda Scaiano from Toronto
Rhonda Scaiano from Toronto
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Flat roof with skylight

George at Titan carpentry is without a doubt the most trustworthy person who has ever worked on my house. He quotes his prices accurately, shows up on time, completes his work thoroughly, and leaves my house cleaner than he found it.

This particular roof/skylight was troublesome long before we took ownership of the house. George stuck with the job, and finally we had no leak. Then, more than a year later, we had an ice storm, and it started to leak again--George came back and fixed it, spending several hours inspecting the roof and testing it with a hose. Wen he was satisfied that the leak was fixed, he fixed the ceiling inside--all this at no extra charge!!

Titan Carpentry is Gold!

GS from Kawartha Lakes
GS from Kawartha Lakes
1 review Kawartha Lakes, ON

Various Carpentry

I hired George after meeting him to install numerous doors, install a salvaged wood accent wall and to make 2 pieces of custom furniture. All done with high quality, on time and with emphasis on keeping the work site clean. Thanks George.

Claudio from Uxbridge
Claudio from Uxbridge
1 review Uxbridge, ON

Elevated Wooden Fort/Tree house

George is easily one of the most professional and honest tradesman I've ever hired. He outlined the project in great detail, made helpful recommnedations for improvements, and stayed on budget throughout. He actually suggested and implemented improvements that increased his own costs, not mine. He was on time every morning and even worked in the rain a few days so my boys could enjoy their new fort in time for the summer! The end result exceeded our expectations, and was the construction was very solid. My boys' safety was alway top of mine. George is a rare find!

Claudio,
Please let me know what needs to be fixed on fort(leaks and door sag?
George Meyer

Maria B in Cannington
Maria B in Cannington
1 review CANNINGTON, ON

coach house, bathroom reno, verandah

One of the best decisions I made was to call Titan Carpentry in 2008. Since then, George Meyer and his team have provided quality craftsmanship on various projects in my century home. Titan Carpentry goes beyond carpentry as exemplified by my numerous renovations. George has restored my coach house, completed a 1920’s style bathroom and currently restoring my large verandah. Never assuming what the client wants, George involves and consults the client in every aspect of the project, paying particular attention to detail. Titan Carpentry starts a project as promised, George has even been known to come by on the weekend. On completion, the project always falls within the quoted price. Also important to note is the cleanliness during the project, at the end of the work day and at the end of the project, my home was kept clean. I have found that Titan Carpentry focuses on the client and custom work is impeccable. I look forward to continue working with George Meyer who is professional, conscientious and will go out of his way to satisfy the client. I would definitely recommend Titan Carpentry.

Renata in Newmarket
Renata in Newmarket
2 reviews NEWMARKET, ON

Replace Skylights

George Meyer from Titan Carpentry has shown to be very professional in his manner and has a very detailed and thorough consultative manner. He is reliable, has an excellent work ethic and his price was reasonable and as quoted. Will look to him for future carpentry work which is on our to do list.

Derrick Sweet in Fenelon falls
Derrick Sweet in Fenelon falls
1 review FENELON FALLS, ON

Driveway Gate

My wife and I recently hired George from Titan Carpentry to build and install a driveway gate. He is courteous, professional, and highly qualified. His estimates include every detail before the job starts, and there are only good surprises once he does start. He is as honest as the day is long. Wow! This is a word you're going to get used to saying, because George is extremely talented. George is to carpentry what Michelangelo was to art! I've hired a lot of carpenters in the past, but, as long as George continues to swing a hammer I'm sticking with him for all my house-hold renovations!

Allan R
Allan R
1 review York, ON

Living room ,Dining room Den

Organized, informative, honest, punctual, comes in on time, finishes on time and on budget, George takes the time to build a "statement of work" showing all pricing including taxes like most of us he hates surprises. No matter how small the project.

If you have aproblem with his workmanship h actually returns your call an makes things right, this is refreshing change from the norm.

His costing approch keeps costs from running away you get what you agree to and in most cases he'll provide multiple options.

He loves what he does, he really enjoys his craft and is treat to have on a job. And I personally have no problem recommending him.

Allan Robitaille

Allan,
I find it amazing that after asking over a dozen clients to write a review for Titan that you are the only one to do so(except your son-he wrote one 6 months ago).Many thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!
Best regards,
George Meyer

Rob - Scarborough
Rob - Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Multi-level addition to anexisting residential structure.

Titan Carpentry is one of the most professional custom construction and carpentry firms we have ever worked with. All costs were identified prior to work starting, and budgets were adhered to.
I would recommend Titan Carpentry to anyone for projects of any size and scope. Rob ^phone number removed -- Ed

More about Titan Carpentry

We have provided quality construction for the G. T. A. foe over 20 years. We back our work with 5 year guarantees along with post project accountability. Our reliability along with being punctual and not taking on more than one project at a time has developed a solid relationship with ...