Brand Insulation Inc.

4500 Chesswood Drive Toronto ON M3J 2B9
Brand Insulation Inc.

Reviews for Brand Insulation Inc.

glem in North york
glem in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

Whole Home has been AirKreted

I first considered spray foaming the entire house but I wasn't interested in the time, effort and mess in removing/replacing/patching drywall after the exterior walls were spray foamed.

It took me some time to investigate the merits and safety of the AirKrete product. I was convinced the product was safe and performed as well as spray foam.

After we decided AirKrete was the right solution for us, I invited two guys to quote. The other guy showed up two hours late and his quote was 50% higher than Brand.

Brand Insulation showed up on time and were very respectiful of our space. They finished the entire house in a day.

One of the guys from his crew has a side business that patches the holes, he was solid at patching but not very good at smoothing out a few bumpy walls left from the previous homeowner...I had to complete this work myself. If you have some experience with this work save yourself the cash and do it yourself.

It's been a year and I've noticed a significant difference in the comfort level in our home. The consumption is down 10 - 15% for both hydro and natural gas.

David Pottinger from Scarborough
David Pottinger from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Airkrete injection success

It's been a year now since Brand came in and injected Airkrete from the outside (150+ holes) and from the inside (150+ holes). What a difference. But what I was extremely pleased with is the level of professionalism and service from the crew of 4 that showed up to my bungalow. After punching so many holes in my walls from the inside and even through the kitchen cabinets (as I requested), the results were fantastic. First of all, there was no mess or dust. I was worried that I would see the patch jobs throughout my house - but they are invisible after a fresh coat of paint. They worked quickly and efficiently. I would recommend them to anyone worried about who to count on to do the job right.

Frank Cina in York
Frank Cina in York
1 review York, ON

Basement insulation in existing wall

Just had Brand Insulation in to insulate my basement since the previous homeowner finished the basement without installing any type of insulation. I received a few quotes and Brand was the best value. They scheduled an appointment the same week after calling, the crew showed up early and was copmletely done in less than 3 hours. It was only a 600 sq.ft basement, but it was done properly and quickly. The patchwork after was good as well.
Sam, one of the installers led me through the process and explained every step to me. I was a little skeptical that blowing insulation through holes in the wall would not cover the entire cavity, but I used my infrared camera after the installation and did not see any empty spots. Crew was very professional and did not take any breaks until they were done.

Would highly recommend them and will have them do the rest of my house in the future.

Jay in Toronto
Jay in Toronto

Wall Insulation with AirKrete

I had the two licensed AirKrete installers quote me and decided to go with the competition since the price was better and the salesman was more personable. What a mistake!!! The other AirKrete installer bailed on me at the last minute stating techinical difficulties with the product. I called Brand who were having no problems. I explained my situation and they agreed to come that Sunday to do the job their competitor failed to deliver on. Brand might have been more expensive, but they actually delivered on what they promised. Crew showed up on time and even worked through lunch to get the job done. They cleaned up and even mopped the hardwood floor afterwards. I had a drywall/paint team lined up afterwards to refinish the walls and now it looks better than ever. I would definately recommend Brand for AirKrete

Wayne in Toronto
Wayne in Toronto
7 reviews TORONTO, ON

Spray insulation of all external walls

They did a good job insulating, however I thought their cleanup work could have been a bit better. My house looked like swiss cheese when they were done (which was expected), but the hole repairs were not really done well and I had to redo them myself before repainting.

David in Don Mills
David in Don Mills
2 reviews North York, ON

retrofit wall insulation, and attic insulation

we contracted with them to add injection insulation to our walls. They accommodated our tight timeline because of the home renovation credits. They arrived early, took extra care in our home and were very friendly to work with. They were very professional. We liked their work so much that we brought them back to complete the attic insulation we needed as well. I would recommend them to anyone looking to add wall insulation without redoing the walls entirely.

Lam in Chippawa, ON
Lam in Chippawa, ON

Foam insulation for exterior wall

The team that did the foam spray came on time start out fine, had full confidence on project manager and left for work. Big mistake that was. My wife informed me later that while one person is spraying foam in the top hole another is suppose to monitor the bottom hole by inserting his finger in to feel if the foam is reaching capacity. However this person went out for smoke break or something and did not assist his partner. The project manager is outside in the truck mixing and making sure mixture of water and chemical appropriate level, was not aware of this. End result is that staircase wall is warp significantly. So both upstair and downstair exterior wall along the staircase are warped. The crew did patch the holes and roughed in for us but after sanding down and patching over 2 additional time it was still visible in many spot in our house. Cosmetically our house is now in horrible shape but noise and warmth has increased significantly.
Amerispec also gave me a hard time but project manager did assist in clearing up the issue and we did get our rebate back $1500 so total cost to us is $1500 or so.
Would we do it again? No I would take down drywall and put new insulation and new drywall with noise control material instead.

Barbara from Parkdale
Barbara from Parkdale

Foam insulation in walls

I hired Brand Insulation to insulate the walls of my 120 year old home. What makes this company different is that the product they use is not a spray foam. Air krete is a type of foam that is already formed as it is injected into to the wall cavity. Just like spray foam is has a high R value, but it is completely non-toxic. This is something that was crucial to me as I am allergic to a number of things including certain chemicals. I try to avoid products that off-gas like spray foam insulation and use natural products instead.
My walls are all plaster and tearing them down was not an option. Instead a series of small holes was drilled to fill the cavities(at the end of the process one of the installers patched up and sanded the injection holes).
Some of the work was done from the outside of the house, but the balance was done from the inside. There was no smell, no fumes. I was present during the installation and my allergies did not act up. To insulate the whole house took just a day. It was a bit messy, but really easy to clean up. I know to many drilling holes might not seem like an ideal solution, but when you live in an old drafty house you will do anything to be warm.
The cost of a whole job was very reasonable, I was given different much steeper quotes from different contractors.
I would recommend this type of insulation to anyone with allergies or children. My heating bills dropped by more than a half, I am not breathing in unnecessary chemicals and my house is now also very quiet. I live by a busy street and it made a world of a difference.
Good job overall!

More about Brand Insulation Inc.

BRAND INSULATION provides safe, reliable and green solutions for existing homes. We can make your home comfortable with the least possible inconvenience to you. We were the first licensed installer of air krete® in Canada. We have proudly served over 2,000 homeowners since 2006 with our experienced and professional team. Attic and Ceiling insulation. Drill & Fill Wall Insulation for double brick and plaster walls. Double Brick insulation, Plaster walls insulation
,Frame walls insulation, Attic insulation, Flat roofs and garage ceiling insulation.

***

At Brand Insulation, we pride ourselves on quality work at affordable prices. Our commitment to customer satisfaction means that you can
expect attentive, personalized service when we come to work in your home. And our dedication to quality ensures that you’ll get a top-quality product when you choose us for your insulation needs. For more information, or to book an appointment, please call us today at 416.226.2779. BBB Accredited Business since 29/10/2008