1) Scheduled for 3:00 pm, didn't arrive until 4:45 pm
2) The installer who installed my smart controller, admitted he had never seen the controller he was installing before. After he wired it up, I set the controller up. Got it connected to the wifi, and setup the zones.
3) On the phone I was told the smart controller was $200, but after the install was charged $317. Seeing as I did the setup myself I could have saved $100 and bought the controller online. The wiring was only for 5 zones so not too much to hook up.
4) Online it states $115/hr was charged $120/hr
5) At one point one of the installers decided to lay down on the grass and "soak in the sun". Good on you for coming to work with a broken leg but when I'm paying by the hour?
6)Total services done (Install 2 new sprinkler heads, cap off several micro heads, install new controller). This took 2 hours and 45 mins. This is with 2 installers. One of the installers did install the controller while the other installed the sprinkler heads. Once done he helped out with some of the micro heads. So even with digging, we're saying 1 hour per sprinkler head? Maybe half an hour to cap off the micro heads and wire the controller.
I've never been so Angry with a contractor before.
SO, Called in to speak with Next Rain and they said they'd make this right. Booked me into a follow up appointment at 9 am for the following week. 10:13 am, I call in to ask where they are and am told they have no recollection of booking the appointment. Took another day off work to get nothing done.
Oh and the email from the owner Todd I received is this is our busy time of the year so I'll get back to you in 3-4 weeks. Which is why I booked my appointment early to avoid the rush.