#9 - 141 Commercial Dr Calgary AB T3Z 2A7

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Next Rain Irrigation Ltd.

Ingrid Slaba in Calgary
Ingrid Slaba in Calgary

Fixed our sprinklers

Waited a little too late to get our system shutoff last fall. Had them out today to fix a leak and the system was back working in an hour. Pleasant experience. Better experience then my garage door that broke last week.

sophia in Calgary
sophia in Calgary

WORST SERVICE EVER

Called and booked appointment for May 28 then we got a call to rebook for May 14th at 7:00 am. Got a call on Saturday, May 12 to change the time to 10:00, she was impatient and rude and when she realized that we can't accommodate 10:00 am she hung up while I was still speaking. Called her back to find out if we still have an appointment or not she confirmed that we are booked for 7:00am on Monday morning. Waited at home till 8:30 no one showed up or called. Called their office again, was told that we were booked for 7:00 am but they are not sure what happened. Asked to speak with a manager and was told no manager was in the office. Deborah offered to book another appointment by saying "we can rebook you "IF YOU LIKE".
I will never use this company again!!!!

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your feedback. This spring was abnormally busy and yes, our "former" staff member did not show up to work this day.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration we caused you.

Each year, we have to make changes and feedback like this helps.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Sincerely,

Todd Mansfield

Denille in Calgary
Denille in Calgary

Added Sprinkler Heads and Smart Controller

1) Scheduled for 3:00 pm, didn't arrive until 4:45 pm
2) The installer who installed my smart controller, admitted he had never seen the controller he was installing before. After he wired it up, I set the controller up. Got it connected to the wifi, and setup the zones.
3) On the phone I was told the smart controller was $200, but after the install was charged $317. Seeing as I did the setup myself I could have saved $100 and bought the controller online. The wiring was only for 5 zones so not too much to hook up.
4) Online it states $115/hr was charged $120/hr
5) At one point one of the installers decided to lay down on the grass and "soak in the sun". Good on you for coming to work with a broken leg but when I'm paying by the hour?
6)Total services done (Install 2 new sprinkler heads, cap off several micro heads, install new controller). This took 2 hours and 45 mins. This is with 2 installers. One of the installers did install the controller while the other installed the sprinkler heads. Once done he helped out with some of the micro heads. So even with digging, we're saying 1 hour per sprinkler head? Maybe half an hour to cap off the micro heads and wire the controller.

I've never been so Angry with a contractor before.

SO, Called in to speak with Next Rain and they said they'd make this right. Booked me into a follow up appointment at 9 am for the following week. 10:13 am, I call in to ask where they are and am told they have no recollection of booking the appointment. Took another day off work to get nothing done.

Oh and the email from the owner Todd I received is this is our busy time of the year so I'll get back to you in 3-4 weeks. Which is why I booked my appointment early to avoid the rush.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Denille,

We apologize for your bad experience, as the owner, I know our customer experience was lacking in spring 2018, caused by staff injuries and a delayed spring including frozen ground. The invoice you paid only charged you for ONE service personnel, there were TWO service techs on site, one had a broken leg and was training the other. Both did work. We did speak briefly about this service and I would have sorted out your issues for you, however the verbal abuse of my staff on the phone was excessive, one office staff member got up after your phone call and quit, so the abuse over the phone was extreme. We are far from perfect at times, but each and everyone is human. We might have not lived up to your expectations, but please treat people nicely and we can solve the issues and move forward.

project

Chris from Next rain helped adjust some sprinkler heads, moved a line and put in a new head. He was very friendly, professional and did an excellent job...exactly what was needed and gave me some helpful information about my system. These guys are good!

DStouffer

Don,

Thank you very much for the review.

Rob in Airdrie
Rob in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Irrigation winterization

They understand the definition of the work service. No fuss no muss, no waiting around, they do what they say they are going to do and are very knowledgeable in doing it. They do not try to find things that are not wrong to fix and only fix what is broken or necessary. I like these guys compared to all the other so called service providers.

Thanks Rob for the review.

Exactly what you said is what we try to make happen on a daily bases.

Thanks

Calgary, AB Canada
403-613-0552

sprinkler head repair and fall blowout

A 3rd party service had admitted to breaking the pop-up head of one of my in ground sprinklers. I have been using Next Rain for a number of years for winterization and Spring start-up so after sorting out that the pop-up hadn't simply unthreaded from the body and determining that the likely make, I gave them a call. I was happy to hear that I could get a tech out first thing the next morning with the necessary part in stock. He was there exactly when he said he would be and I was glad he was there rather than me trying to fix it as it turned out that the pipe was cracked just back from the sprinkler head body as well. All told it took about 1 hour for him to sort it out and I avoided flooding my yard, incurring a large monthly water bill due to likely failure to spot the problem until the next time I cut the grass or creating lawn burn out while waiting for someone else to get stock or schedule me in. I just booked them for winterization again. Update - quick and smooth for the winterization. Everything exactly as promised and right on time. This is a very reliable company.

Thank you for the review.

We pride ourselves on arriving with fully stocked service trucks.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto
1 review Montreal, QC

Sprinkler System Maintenance

Have been using Next Rain Irrigation for about 5 years to service sprinkler system. Always efficient and take care of any issues like broken sprinkler heads etc... without a problem. Great service and price.

Thanks for the review Bob.

Melanie in Calgary
Melanie in Calgary

Easy to book irrigation blow out online, quick and reasonable price

Next Rain has been winterizing my in ground sprinkler system for 5 years now and the are always reliable and a reasonable price. I love the easy to follow online booking system.

Thanks Melanie.

We love the online booking system too. It makes doing a lot of blowouts in a short amount of time possible.

Thanks again for the review.

Gary in Chestermere
Gary in Chestermere
1 review Chestermere, AB

On time and updated

on time , quick and notified too as well as added a better connector onto my system at no charge . System continues to run well at sprin start up .

Thanks Gary.

We provide free hose bibs for the blow out valve if your system doesn't already have one. We want to maintain your house year in and year out and speeding up the process with less chance of repairs is our goal.

Thanks

Calgary

More about Next Rain Irrigation Ltd.

403-613-0552 - Underground Sprinkler Systems Calgary - Irrigation Systems Calgary

Next Rain Irrigation Ltd. services & repairs, winterizes and installs irrigation systems in the Calgary area. Next Rain works with both residential and commercial customers. We warranty our fall blowouts and take pride in being a reliable organization. Our crews will keep your landscaping looking awesome this year.

Website: next-rain.com