Lindner Fine Windows and Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
38 McBrine Place, Unit 8 Kitchener ON N2R 1G8
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Kitchener  >  Lindner Fine Windows and Doors

Reviews for Lindner Fine Windows and Doors

The Dancing Elephant
The Dancing Elephant
9 reviews Kitchener, ON

Install front doorway, with arch & side windows

We hired Lindner to install a new front doorway (made by Mastertech with Verre Select glass) at our Waterloo home. The product wasn't cheap -- in fact, Lindner was almost twice as expensive as the next quote that we received -- but we believed that we were getting a superior product, and the owner's sales pitch was convincing.

The product itself -- the door, glass, archway -- is great. However, the good news stops there. The service was, to say the least, awful.

Lindner took my original door out and left the front entranceway unfinished for two weeks. After a nasty argument with the owner (in which he sweared at me), they finally came back and finished the installation. They put in the trim (unevenly at that), and left an electrical outlet and the suspended ceiling in my front doorway disassembled. When I asked them to reattach the ceiling in the porch and to reassemble the light fixture, they told me (in no short terms) that they wouldn't do it. The brickwork at the front was done very sloppily.

I ended up having to rewire the exterior light and put up the ceiling in the archway by myself. It was certainly not what my wife & I had agreed to; perhaps we should have recognized the 'caveat emptor' when the owner himself originally told us, "Don't worry, we'll take care of everything."

In short, I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Whereas one might assume that completing a door installation involves fixing what you broke, our experience with Lindner was that he took the wording of his contract literally -- and since the contract didn't specifically state that he would reassemble the lighting & suspended ceiling in the porch, he didn't do it. I consider this fairly to be pretty unscrupulous.

Martin in Stanley Park (Kitchener)
Martin in Stanley Park (Kitchener)
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

New front door and patio door, new door locks and capping.

Having been a previous customer of Lindner and receiving excellent service, I had no concerns hiring them again.

However, this time the company stood me up twice - both time without a phone call. In fact, it was only on a fluke that I happened to call them to confirm a small detail the day before one apt that I even new no one was coming. Almost wasted a vacation day twice.

Foolishly, I paid for all the services rendered while still requiring a few items to be installed. I am still missing 2 door handle sets and now the company seems to have gone under, as no one is answering emails and the phone number is no longer connected.

The doors are installed, and are of great quality, but it seems that I will not be getting the rest of my items.

Jyl the receptionist was always friendly and helfull, but often had to defer answers to Rob
Rob came to my home and was professional, but now I cannot reach him. He was the reason I hired them a second time.

After 6 weeks of phoning and emailing I finally received an email and was able to speak with Rob. He was friendly and apologetic, but we will see if this gets resolved in a timely fashion or not.

K Webb
K Webb
5 reviews Guelph, ON

Window Quote- Entire House

Tried to get a quote on a window reno for our entire house.
Made an appointment and was stood up twice, with no call etc.
Very dissapointed. Had heard good things, called and confirmed appointmant and was stood up twice with no further contact. Poor way to run a business.

Rev in Guelph
Rev in Guelph
3 reviews Guelph, ON

Basement window replacemtn

We had 3 bids on our window replacement and Linder was the clear choice. From punctuality, bringing samples and a professional attitude, we knew that their company was a cut above the rest. They proved my impression of them correct at the installation. They really did a great job. We couldn't be happier.