Reliable Home Comfort - Out Of Business

Reviews for Reliable Home Comfort - Out Of Business

Eugene in Etobicoke
Eugene in Etobicoke

Company Out Of Business

We bought a furnace & air conditioner from Dave in January 2012. We trusted and liked Dave very much. Any problems we had with the Furnace & AC was always promptly serviced. Dave sold the company to in 2013, but continued to work for the company as an employee. I received an email from the company in 2013 explaining the financial difficulties the company had in servicing the 10 year warranty/tuneup on all parts and labour. To their credit they continued to honor the yearly contract until October 24, 2018. We were informed by their service technician, who was excellent, that he was no longer working for their company. We called the company and unfortunately discovered that the company's telephone #, & website was disconnected. We sent them an email, no response. Looks like every customer is out of luck with their warranties/service contracts. I just wanted to inform their customers, that RHC's Company Motto, 110 percent satisfaction was not honored, and I am very disappointed. Guys, there is always options and solutions, and bailing on customers that trusted you is not one of them!!

Katie in North York
Katie in North York

Beware! Refused warranty work! Now the website is gone...

If you had work done by these guys, good luck.... Our AC failed August 1, 2018. Darryl told me that the owner Rob refused to honour our warranty. Darryl said he ordered the part twice (from 2 different cities!). Strung us along all this hot hot summer... Multiple requests for contact info for the owner (who Darryl said is Rob ) went unanswered. BBB site says not BBB accredited,-despite the BBB logo on the website,-and lists Darryl also as an owner... Now no response to email, the voice mailbox is 'full' and the website is gone.

moltencore in Etobicoke
moltencore in Etobicoke

I thought they did a good job installing my furnace...now I know they did NOT

Had Reliable install my Goodman high efficiency furnace back in 2014. Today was the 2nd time it has broken down since installation, the last time being January 2018. I tried contacting them through 3 different methods - general phone # (left two messages - no reply), direct email to the owner (no reply), phone message to the owner's personal direct # (no reply). I had to call another company to do the repair. Found out: #1. The furnace was INCORRECTLY installed! The piping to go outside is both running too far and does not vent properly in a slightly downward direction for drainage, it tilts upwards so it isn't draining properly and the unit is now getting water inside!!! #2. We were sold the WRONG furnace for a house our size! The furnace we were sold, a GMVC950704CX, is for a house with square footage over 2,000 square feet. Our bungalow is only 900 square feet. #3 Has it locked into running in the first stage so it doesn't go to the second stage because a furnace this size wouldn't work properly at 2nd stage for a house our size. Which means it is NOT running properly as a high efficiency furnace or safely (the improper installation)!!! I am appalled and disappointed that I will probably have to purchase an entire new furnace after less than 5 years!. AVOID this company. I'm in shock that I ever thought this company was good.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

New air conditioner

The Reliable team were great – after Dave’s initial consultation, installation happened a day after we made the decision to replace our old unit and the installers, Darren and Alex did a great job. They arrived on time and the job took as long as they said it would (about 6 hours). Darryl also ensured we registered the new AC online right there in order to get an extra 5 years of warranty. It is working great now and our house is a comfortable 21. We are very happy with our Reliable home comfort experience and our new unit and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. This is a great company to work with!

prateekgrover in Newmarket
prateekgrover in Newmarket

Furnace Installation

Had reliable come to my house to install a furnace, paid $2,500 and was supposed to get a $250 rebate. Lo and behold, the rebate paperwork was never filed and the company has completely disappeared.

Tried calling/emailing/texting, no response at all. I would stay away from this Reliable Home Comfort. Trust me, not worth it!

Anita in Toronto
Anita in Toronto

Don't hesitate! Just call!

I called on one of the very hot days in July. I was lucky that they had a slot available that day. Dave arrived 20 minutes into the slot. He was polite and knowledgeable. He quickly identified the issue. Dave had the part on the truck and quickly fixed the problem. The price was reasonable and I have not had issues (although it has only been a few weeks).

Robert
Robert

Air Conditioner

Dave showed up "exactly" on time to the minute. Something pretty rare in virtually all trades. He was very personable, professional and knowledgeable. Dave wasn't satisfied unless I was 110% satisfied and he went above and beyond. If I ever have any issues with my AC or Furnace...he is the ONLY guy I'm calling.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Air Conditioning Install & Servicing

Have dealt with Darryl and Darrin for both my furnace and my air conditioning unit now, they are so reliable and professional about their business (response time, punctuality, parts, updating, etc). Hard to find contractors like this these days. I’m so impressed! (Cost is approxiamtely what I paid for my new air conditioning unit which included 10 year parts and labour warranty.)

Charmaine in Ajax
Charmaine in Ajax
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Air Conditioner Service

We used Reliable Home Comfort in 2015 to install a new A/C unit based on their great reviews on Homestars. Unfortunately, we have had nothing but trouble both with the unit and the company. In 2017 the unit was not blowing cold air. We needed to repeatedly call to get a service person to come. He said it needed refrigerant as it was low from the manufacturer. We thought it was strange that we needed refrigerant after only 2 years (turns out that your unit should never need refrigerant unless there is a leak). The unit was not cooling again in the Spring of 2018. The service person came & just cleaned out some debris. We received 2 error messages from our Ecobee thermostat that the unit was asking for cooling but the temperature had increased 3 degrees. Again the service person came and advised there was a leak and would call his boss who would contact us. We had to leave numerous messages before getting a return phone call. He then claims to know nothing about the issue and said he would get back to us. Again no return phone call. I posted a detailed message on their website to ask to get a return phone call and to come and fix the leak. His office informed him of the message and he finally sent someone to fix the problem. I would not recommend this company. Their customer service is unacceptable and you need to repeatedly call to get someone to call you back. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them for the next 7 years as the unit came with a 10 year warranty. My advice to this company is to hire an office person who is able to take messages and relay this information to you promptly. Having to constantly call to get someone to call you back is unacceptable. Buyer beware!

Naomi from North Toronto
Naomi from North Toronto

New Air Conditioner

After doing extensive research on a replacement air conditioner when ours packed up, I decided to choose an American Standard unit with Reliable. Darren and his associate did the work themselves and they could not have been more obliging. They were polite and respectful and made sure that I was pleased with where the unit was ultimately placed. They know what they are doing and I would recommend them for all heating and air conditioning needs.

More about Reliable Home Comfort - Out Of Business