Reliable Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliable Home Comfort

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

New air conditioner

The Reliable team were great – after Dave’s initial consultation, installation happened a day after we made the decision to replace our old unit and the installers, Darren and Alex did a great job. They arrived on time and the job took as long as they said it would (about 6 hours). Darryl also ensured we registered the new AC online right there in order to get an extra 5 years of warranty. It is working great now and our house is a comfortable 21. We are very happy with our Reliable home comfort experience and our new unit and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. This is a great company to work with!

Robert
Robert

Air Conditioner

Dave showed up "exactly" on time to the minute. Something pretty rare in virtually all trades. He was very personable, professional and knowledgeable. Dave wasn't satisfied unless I was 110% satisfied and he went above and beyond. If I ever have any issues with my AC or Furnace...he is the ONLY guy I'm calling.

prateekgrover in Newmarket
prateekgrover in Newmarket

Furnace Installation

Had reliable come to my house to install a furnace, paid $2,500 and was supposed to get a $250 rebate. Lo and behold, the rebate paperwork was never filed and the company has completely disappeared.

Tried calling/emailing/texting, no response at all. I would stay away from this Reliable Home Comfort. Trust me, not worth it!

Anita in Toronto
Anita in Toronto

Don't hesitate! Just call!

I called on one of the very hot days in July. I was lucky that they had a slot available that day. Dave arrived 20 minutes into the slot. He was polite and knowledgeable. He quickly identified the issue. Dave had the part on the truck and quickly fixed the problem. The price was reasonable and I have not had issues (although it has only been a few weeks).

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Air Conditioning Install & Servicing

Have dealt with Darryl and Darrin for both my furnace and my air conditioning unit now, they are so reliable and professional about their business (response time, punctuality, parts, updating, etc). Hard to find contractors like this these days. I’m so impressed! (Cost is approxiamtely what I paid for my new air conditioning unit which included 10 year parts and labour warranty.)

Charmaine in Ajax
Charmaine in Ajax
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Air Conditioner Service

We used Reliable Home Comfort in 2015 to install a new A/C unit based on their great reviews on Homestars. Unfortunately, we have had nothing but trouble both with the unit and the company. In 2017 the unit was not blowing cold air. We needed to repeatedly call to get a service person to come. He said it needed refrigerant as it was low from the manufacturer. We thought it was strange that we needed refrigerant after only 2 years (turns out that your unit should never need refrigerant unless there is a leak). The unit was not cooling again in the Spring of 2018. The service person came & just cleaned out some debris. We received 2 error messages from our Ecobee thermostat that the unit was asking for cooling but the temperature had increased 3 degrees. Again the service person came and advised there was a leak and would call his boss who would contact us. We had to leave numerous messages before getting a return phone call. He then claims to know nothing about the issue and said he would get back to us. Again no return phone call. I posted a detailed message on their website to ask to get a return phone call and to come and fix the leak. His office informed him of the message and he finally sent someone to fix the problem. I would not recommend this company. Their customer service is unacceptable and you need to repeatedly call to get someone to call you back. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them for the next 7 years as the unit came with a 10 year warranty. My advice to this company is to hire an office person who is able to take messages and relay this information to you promptly. Having to constantly call to get someone to call you back is unacceptable. Buyer beware!

Naomi from North Toronto
Naomi from North Toronto

New Air Conditioner

After doing extensive research on a replacement air conditioner when ours packed up, I decided to choose an American Standard unit with Reliable. Darren and his associate did the work themselves and they could not have been more obliging. They were polite and respectful and made sure that I was pleased with where the unit was ultimately placed. They know what they are doing and I would recommend them for all heating and air conditioning needs.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Furnace repairs

We have had a couple of issues with our furnace this past winter and Rob has provided amazing, quick service each time. The first time we actually called him on a Sunday morning and he came that evening to assess the problem. Each time he has been very honest and provided us with all the information we needed to make a decision about how to proceed. A new furnace isn't far off for us and we will definitely be going to Rob when we are ready to make the change!

Murray Skitt from Toronto
Murray Skitt from Toronto

Water leaking from the furnance

I had a leaking furnace that was spilling water. I called Rob on a Saturday and explained the situation to him. I told him that I thought the water pump was not working. He asked if I had tried a number of things with the pump to get it working again. I said I did and it still did not work. He said that it was likely that the pump was broken. He said that he would come on Monday and bring a new pump. He came on Monday and determined that the pump needed to be replaced. He gave me a quote right away. The quote was very reasonable. He changed the pump in about 15 minutes. He also checked out the whole furnace to ensure that everything was working properly. He also noticed that my water shut off valve for the humidifier was not working properly. He replaced it without any charge. I must say that we received excellent service from Rob. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs work done on their furnace. Thanks again Rob for a job well done.
Murray S.

thehuezos in Whitby
thehuezos in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Furnace and A/C

Earlier this month our furnace broke down and we were scrambling to have it replaced as soon as possible. We tried to move on it quickly as we wanted to bring back the heat and we were fortunate enough to take a day off work and have a few companies come to give us a quote (8 to be exact). There was a great variance in pricing, however we could quickly tell which companies were trying to take advantage of an unfortunate situation. We were dealing with Darryl and he was phenomenal. He took the time to explain the work and the products and we did not feel pressured to purchase. We received a very competitive quote from another company and he was able to match the price and promptly installed both the A/C and Furnace. We have thus far been very satisfied with their work

More about Reliable Home Comfort

RHC East INC has been providing heating and air conditioning service and installation in eastern Toronto GTA since 2016, proudly providing the strongest manufacturing warranty's in the business, 24 HRS emergency service matched with the highly trained service and installation technicians, available to handle any HVAC demand, project, or situation, please call for a free no obligation quote or schedule a furnace cleaning or service call.