Reliable Home Comfort

Water Filtration & Purification
105 Consumers Drive Whitby ON L1N1C4
HomeStars  >  Water Filtration & Purification in Vaughan  >  Reliable Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliable Home Comfort

1 review Pickering, ON

Air Conditioning Install & Servicing

Have dealt with Darryl and Darrin for both my furnace and my air conditioning unit now, they are so reliable and professional about their business (response time, punctuality, parts, updating, etc). Hard to find contractors like this these days. I’m so impressed! (Cost is approxiamtely what I paid for my new air conditioning unit which included 10 year parts and labour warranty.)

Charmaine in Ajax
Charmaine in Ajax
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Air Conditioner Service

We used Reliable Home Comfort in 2015 to install a new A/C unit based on their great reviews on Homestars. Unfortunately, we have had nothing but trouble both with the unit and the company. In 2017 the unit was not blowing cold air. We needed to repeatedly call to get a service person to come. He said it needed refrigerant as it was low from the manufacturer. We thought it was strange that we needed refrigerant after only 2 years (turns out that your unit should never need refrigerant unless there is a leak). The unit was not cooling again in the Spring of 2018. The service person came & just cleaned out some debris. We received 2 error messages from our Ecobee thermostat that the unit was asking for cooling but the temperature had increased 3 degrees. Again the service person came and advised there was a leak and would call his boss who would contact us. We had to leave numerous messages before getting a return phone call. He then claims to know nothing about the issue and said he would get back to us. Again no return phone call. I posted a detailed message on their website to ask to get a return phone call and to come and fix the leak. His office informed him of the message and he finally sent someone to fix the problem. I would not recommend this company. Their customer service is unacceptable and you need to repeatedly call to get someone to call you back. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them for the next 7 years as the unit came with a 10 year warranty. My advice to this company is to hire an office person who is able to take messages and relay this information to you promptly. Having to constantly call to get someone to call you back is unacceptable. Buyer beware!

Naomi from North Toronto
Naomi from North Toronto

New Air Conditioner

After doing extensive research on a replacement air conditioner when ours packed up, I decided to choose an American Standard unit with Reliable. Darren and his associate did the work themselves and they could not have been more obliging. They were polite and respectful and made sure that I was pleased with where the unit was ultimately placed. They know what they are doing and I would recommend them for all heating and air conditioning needs.

Furnace repairs

We have had a couple of issues with our furnace this past winter and Rob has provided amazing, quick service each time. The first time we actually called him on a Sunday morning and he came that evening to assess the problem. Each time he has been very honest and provided us with all the information we needed to make a decision about how to proceed. A new furnace isn't far off for us and we will definitely be going to Rob when we are ready to make the change!

Murray Skitt from Toronto
Murray Skitt from Toronto

Water leaking from the furnance

I had a leaking furnace that was spilling water. I called Rob on a Saturday and explained the situation to him. I told him that I thought the water pump was not working. He asked if I had tried a number of things with the pump to get it working again. I said I did and it still did not work. He said that it was likely that the pump was broken. He said that he would come on Monday and bring a new pump. He came on Monday and determined that the pump needed to be replaced. He gave me a quote right away. The quote was very reasonable. He changed the pump in about 15 minutes. He also checked out the whole furnace to ensure that everything was working properly. He also noticed that my water shut off valve for the humidifier was not working properly. He replaced it without any charge. I must say that we received excellent service from Rob. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs work done on their furnace. Thanks again Rob for a job well done.
Murray S.

thehuezos in Whitby
thehuezos in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Furnace and A/C

Earlier this month our furnace broke down and we were scrambling to have it replaced as soon as possible. We tried to move on it quickly as we wanted to bring back the heat and we were fortunate enough to take a day off work and have a few companies come to give us a quote (8 to be exact). There was a great variance in pricing, however we could quickly tell which companies were trying to take advantage of an unfortunate situation. We were dealing with Darryl and he was phenomenal. He took the time to explain the work and the products and we did not feel pressured to purchase. We received a very competitive quote from another company and he was able to match the price and promptly installed both the A/C and Furnace. We have thus far been very satisfied with their work

Iskandar in Mississauga
Iskandar in Mississauga

Leaking Furnace and Fireplace issue

I had a leaking furnace that spilled water. I was glad that I found Rob on Homestars. I was able to make an appointment with him and he was very accommodating to come in the evening. In just seconds he found the problem and fixed it right away. I also showed him my fireplace that didn't lit up and he fixed it too. All these jobs were done quickly and professionally. I highly recommend him and his company to everybody. Thank you so very much Rob.

Bosco Tung from North York
Bosco Tung from North York

Rob was extremely professional and helpful

Rob was extremely professional and helpful, explaining each part step-by-step, reviewing my options as well. Am really grateful for discovering this company here on Homestars and will be sure to use them again in the future if needed.

Ron in Mississauga
Ron in Mississauga

Water Heater Repair

We had a problem with our 10 year old water heater. Rob came by and took care of it in no time. The price was extremely reasonable. Rob was very friendly. I had a number of questions about the water heater, my furnace and my humidifier. He answered all my questions and gave great advice. I would not hesitate to use him again.

Ankur in Aurora
Ankur in Aurora
1 review Oshawa, ON

New Furnance

My furnace broke down in November. I called Reliable home comfort and Darryl from Whitby office came the same day and gave me the quote for the furnace.
The quote was competitive and he told me that he will be able to install the furnace the very next day.

I decided to go with Reliable home comfort, because of the time issue as all other quotes I received were almost the same but installation time was after a week.

The very next day the furnace was installed and I was happy with the service.

Review has 1 previous version

More about Reliable Home Comfort

HVAC, HEATING, AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING SERVICE.

Finding a higher price is easy. Finding better service is impossible... If your existing system is not functioning properly or if your utilities bills are excessively high, call me for a free upfront estimate on repair or replacement of your Furnace or Air Conditioning System. Fully licensed and fully insured.