HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Downsview  >  Reliable Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliable Home Comfort

David Adam from Toronto

Contacted Darryl who had his service technician, Dave, contact me the same evening. Dave arranged a meeting with me for 2 days later.
Dave was very pleasant, and knowledgeable. He diagnosed the problem with the Capacitor almost immediately, and replaced it with a new one. The A/C is now functioning perfectly. I was pleased that Dave did not propose a new unit at this time, and was able to make the repair. I will not hesitate to use this company in the future.

Brandon in Mississauga

Rob intalled a new furnace, furnace pump and humidifier in December 2012. After over 4 years of trouble-free operation, I noticed some water pooling at the bottom of the furnace. I called Rob as I suspected the furnace pump was no longer working, and he quickly advised me what to do and told me not to worry. This was around 7 p.m on Wednesday night. Rob scheduled me in for 10:00 a.m the next morning!

Rob showed up on time, diagnosed the problem with certainty and replaced the furnace pump. Our furnace is now in full operation with no more water leaks. Talk about quick turnaround!

Rob is the real deal, something you don't find too often these days. I would absolutely recommend his services to others in the future.

Thanks again Rob for your courteous & prompt service.

Wendy Meadowcroft in Mississauga

I called Rob at Reliable Home Comfort after Enbridge issued our furnace with a Red Flag Warning "B". He put my fears to rest saying we were quite safe in the house. He stated that the part needed was a very small, inexpensive repair. Rob called at the house on his lunch hour and the repair was done quickly and inexpensively. Great courteous service!
W. Meadowcroft, Mississauga L5N 2A9

GD (Mississauga)

My 7 year old high-efficiency American Standard furnace stopped working suddenly. I called one of the highly advertised companies that claims 'they are not comfortable until you are'. Their technician came for a diagnosis visit and diagnozed that my furnace had problems with the ignitor, controller board as well as heat exchanger unit and red tagged my unit called it unfit for further use and in violation of the Ontario code. The same evening their sales person showed up quoting me over $4000 for a new furnace and criticizing the unit I had.

I was in utter shock and started calling other companies to get quotes. One of the companies I called was Reliable Home Comfort and I spoke with Rob. He was very knowledgeable and explained that it's highly unlikely that a 7 year old furnace was having all these issues and especially problems with the heat exchanger. He suggested I call a company that is an American Standard authorized dealer and get their technician over and only if it turns out that the furnace is truly broken should I call for an estimate. I took his advice, found an American Standard contractor on Homestars (Consumers Energy Management) and it turned out all that needed to be replaced was the ignitor. The total job cost me a fraction of what a new furance would cost.

While I did not end up using Reliable's service, I applaud the honesty of this company and would be happy to do business with them as well as recommend them to anyone else in Mississauga or Brampton looking for an honest and knowledgeable HVAC contractor.

Thank you Reliable Home Comfort, you guys are the real deal!

Job Price

Thank you for your review, please if you need anything please let us know

Kevin in Toronto

A lot of companies put the word Reliable in their company name but that doesn't guarantee reliability. Well, these folks deliver on their promise. After our rental water heater died, I did my usual extensive research and decided to go with Reliable. That was a very, very good decision. Darryl Sharpe did an excellent job outlining our options and we decided it was time for a furnace upgrade to go with our new tankless water heater. No high-pressure sales tactics, just a professional who clearly knew what he was talking about. The installation by Darryl and his colleague Darren went flawlessly. What I appreciated most was that we were consulted at every step and the installation was done with virtually no impact on our home (other companies wanted to rip out ceilings or knock through another exterior wall for the venting). They didn't go wIth the easiest route for them, they went with the best solution for us. I credit not only their professionalism and expertise but the fact they were extremely nice and decent people who treated us so well. I have no reservations in giving Darryl, Darren and Reliable my highest respect and recommendation. They will definitely be getting the call for the new air conditioner. If you want reliability, you can't go wrong with Reliable Home Comfort.

Job Price

Kevin it was a pleasure working on your house and the review you gave us is fantastic, we appreciate the time you took to write these wonderful words , when your ready for an A/C please call us

Thanks

The Reliable Team

Nelson in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

This review is long overdue. Rob installed a new furnace in my home on boxing day a couple of years ago when no one else would. He never tried to up sell me to something I didn't need and did an extraordinary job. He even helped me install a Nest thermostat and mailed out my rebate for the furnace. I would not hesitate to call him for any heating and A/C needs in the future.

Thanks Rob!

Job Price

Thank you Nelson, it was a pleasure to help

Reliable

Jordan Holmes from East York

Just wanted to share my very positive experience with a Reliable service call. Had an issue where my ~4 year old furnace was not responding to the thermostat. Resetting the mains switch would make the furnace spin up, but it wouldn't spin up again after dropping below setpoint.

Called Reliable, and Dave came within a couple of hours. He eventually traced the problem back to a faulty switch. I'm very happy my family had heat last night!

I've had Dave come out for an AC issue before, and he was fantastic then too.

Thank you Jordan Dave and Reliable are glad we could help you and your family

Willowdale c.

They aren't authorized Rheem distributors (i.e.warranty work), so not logical to have them do the service call. HOWEVER, the tech suggested a hard reset/power down & up on the furnace to see if the error codes would clear & the furnace might start working again. VOILA! Saved the $90 service call from a Rheem outfit.

He didn't have to help, but did. I will remeber Reliable Home Comfort in my next house. Use them!

Job Price

Thanks for the future consideration we are more than happy to help in anyway we can

Reliable

Rex in Chicago

My Furnace broke down yesterday evening, and the first thing i was worried about: who do i call, when can they come to fix it, how much would it cost and would i be taken in for the ride as i'm desperate to get it fixed. Reliable Home Comfort, had a very good review on Homestar, so i spent 30 minutes reading client reviews for this company amongst many others. The common feedback was how honest Rob was, and how prompt he was in fixing it. I decided to call them the same night and had the appointment booked for the next day. Rob was on time, determined the root cause of the issue, advised me that my fuse had blown, circuit board has overheated and fried and i have another part (vent motor) that might die on me soon. He didn't oversell anything to me, and mentioned he could fix the circuit board and it will get the furnace running till end of season, however the vent motor will likley die as its already making a lot of sound. I decided to go with fixing everything, and Rob actually look time explaining a lot of things while fixing, so i could understand the mechanics of what was being done and how everything works.

Long story short, i felt Rob's honestly and work ethics stood out the most, and combined with deep knowledge and passion for work, made my experience a good one. I now have a working furnace and will definitely use Reliable again.

ferdiecal in Toronto
3 reviews Barrie, ON

Today our new furnished heating and aircondition hooked up by Reliance Yanch Home Comfort. Cant believe its over 10 years before the old one replaced today with an innovations system.
Thank you Reliance.com for a great job and the crew who took their time and hard work to make it work Mike and Tyler. I would definitely recommend Reliance Home and Comfort for the good service.
Thank you also for Jeff for explaining how we can save money on this new system.
More to this is a credit to first technician KEN that serviced our water heater who recommended us to talk to Jeff.

More about Reliable Home Comfort

HVAC, HEATING, AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING SERVICE.

Finding a higher price is easy. Finding better service is impossible... If your existing system is not functioning properly or if your utilities bills are excessively high, call me for a free upfront estimate on repair or replacement of your Furnace or Air Conditioning System. Fully licensed, fully insured with …