City Wide Group Inc

Reviews for City Wide Group Inc

Crystal
Crystal

Foundation and waterproofing work

Chris is our go to for any waterproofing work. He has done a great job with our home and stands behind his work. He is knowledgeble, always helpful and respond quickly and professionally to any service call or questions that come up. We highly recommend Chris and City Wide Group.

Thank you so much for this great review! We value you taking the time out to spread the word on our company and team. We are happy to serve you with any future basement waterproofing, underpinning or related work.

nicholaburgess in Toronto
nicholaburgess in Toronto

Basement underpinning & inside waterproofing

I don’t know who the owners and representatives are in the other reviews, but wish I had them. I dealt with Harry for my underpinning quote, and have had nothing but headache with the work done.

The good: the price seemed fair for a small basement of my size, and Harry impressed me with being the only company I spoke to to put their overview in a written contract. The work to excavate was done quickly. The internal membrane solved my internal leaks.

The bad: this was the worst experience on home renovations I’ve ever had.
1. While the original estimate was to excavate the whole level (and questions were asked about the planning) in the middle of the work the team decided to leave a corner. We had to go along with this as it was suddenly explained that (in contrast to what I’d been told) the furnace would have to be shut off. I didn’t have time to move out. I had zero comprehension of the result of this decision. I now have water from outside coming up the original furnace drain, resulting in far more internal flooding than I had before.
2. I found the team to be unprepared and unprofessional. They ruined a ladder and various other personal household items, and trekked up to the bathroom without ever removing workboots
3. While the work to excavate was done as quickly as promised, the approval checks were not done with the city, causing no end of headache. What’s more, I was left with a very uncomfortable feeling about the quality when I saw how badly things like the window and window well were reinstalled.
4. I have zero construction experience but could visually see that the temporary posts were doing little to support the house. The reaction was to argue with me that when properly poored around permanent posts, this would be enough. Guess what? It wasn’t. So when the permanent posts were locked in and my walls were still an inch from the floor on first and second floors, doors wouldn’t close, and my hardwood was popping up irreplably damaged, it was finally agreed that maybe they hadn’t been installed correctly. This added many more weeks to the effort and another step. While I’m happy my house is being held up, and is well supported, my original floors are damaged beyond repair.

Finally, while not directly the responsibility of City Wide, my driveway and my neighbours’ windows were damaged. Although the contract called for protection for the driveway, there wasn’t (but it needs doing anyway). The company used to retrieve the bins decided that, as the CW team didn’t show up to supervise, he would do the bin moving himself. Historic windows were badly damaged. City Wide’s initial reaction was incredibly lacking an unprofessional and did nothing to fix the issue or prevent further damage from happening.

These are just the main things. There are so many things I learned from this experience. And will need to follow through to get this fixed elsewhere

Waterproofing

I had a leak in my basement and had no idea who to call. A friend of mine recently had a similar issue and suggest I call CityWide Group. The owner Chris came to give a quote within 24 hours after I called. I ended up getting the job done and was impressed by the crew Chris sent to resolve my basement leaks. They were professional, prompt and left my house tidy. But most importantly is my basement is no longer leaking!!! Thanks Chris!!!!

Thank you for your great review!

vadim
vadim

Basement Waterproofing

Citiwide was great. Very efficient and did a great job protecting our property while the project was underway. Great customer service as well.

Thank you Vadim for your review on your basement waterproofing job. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Great Job in Hamilton
Great Job in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Great Job

We had a crack develop in our foundation. Richard was our salesman and he explained in detail the different ways they could fix it. We chose to fix it from the outside, as this would be done with a lifetime warranty. The guys were great. In one day they fixed the crack and left the area nice and clean. We would recommend City Wide.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your review and are glad you are happy with our Waterproofing services!

wilson.h
wilson.h
1 review Newmarket, ON

Waterproofing

Great work! Alex explained clearly on steps taken for the waterproofing project. I am happy with their work and will recommend them to friends and family.

Thanks Wilson! We appreciate your references in the future to your friends and family for their waterproofing needs!

Exterior waterproofing

We had been dealing with minor basement leaks for several years and we knew that they would only get worse and expand if left unchecked. After meeting with several different contractors, we had decided to go with City Wide Group mainly because we were very impressed with their representative, Alex Vieira, who was nothing but professional, informative and personable.

One quality that really stood out about Alex was that he we was consistently easy to reach whenever we contacted him with questions, concerns or to make arrangements. He always followed up on any voicemail or text messages usually within minutes. This level of responsiveness is a rarity when it comes to dealing with contractors and it made a significant difference in impacting our decision to go with the City Wide Group.

The project itself involved waterproofing the back and side of our semi-detached home, an undertaking of which would normally take several days with a team of 2 or 3 workers (i.e. the usual number of workers that contractors would employ for a job of this scope). However, we were surprised to see that Alex had assigned a total of 7 workers to the task and we knew that the overall work would be completed within one or two days. The team worked very efficiently and we could tell that they were thorough in ensuring that any cracks or weaknesses in our foundation were identified to us and repaired properly.

Before the work took place, we were quite anxious that a portion of our back patio needed to be dismantled in order to provide sufficient space for digging, but we were very impressed with how careful the City Wide team was in removing any boards and joists from the structure. Once the project was completed, they did their best to to reassemble the jigsaw puzzle of planks that made up that section of the deck and they refastened the joists using brackets so that everything was reasonably secured.

Another factor that led to our decision to go with the City Wide Group was the fact that the company exclusively uses the relatively more expensive material of Blueskin to seal off foundations as opposed to Aquablok sealant or tar, which tend to be used by the vast majority of contractors. Despite the higher cost of Blueskin, the overall price for the project was almost the same as any other quote that we had tendered from other companies.

Finally, we can confirm that the project was successful, as our basement has been dry as a bone and this is in one of the wettest fall seasons that we have seen for a long time in Toronto. Since the work was completed around mid-October, there have been at least 20 days of rain, some of which saw solid rain showers that went on for well over 24 hours. In fact, within a week after the waterproofing, we could immediately tell that our basement was dryer not only because the air was less moist, but, more importantly, because the watermarks and stains that we could once see under the tiles and grout in our basement washroom or under some sections of carpeting had almost disappeared. As a result of the success of the project, we were finally able to move on to upgrading the flooring of our basement.

If you are ever dealing with basement leaks or flooding, we would strongly recommend that you go with City Wide Group above all other options in the GTA. We are confident that their staff's level of professionalism and expertise is unparalleled, and the caliber of their customer service really stands out as a diamond in the rough.

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a great review and choosing City Wide Group for your waterproofing needs!

J S.
J S.

Basement Waterproofing

I have a 100 years old home in a great neighbourhood. When we decided to finish our basement we spoke with a number of companies and from the start the level of professionalism we received from Alex from City Wide Group was much above everyone’s else. For my surprise they were also the most affordable. So, we teamed with them. The work started on the exact day they told us and progressed smoothly during 3 days to a successful completion which surpassed my highest expectations. Their workers were respectful, hard workers, and abided by our few requests - parking directions and protecting our lawn from over stepping. We are forever grateful to Alex and his crew for the help and excellent job they did, and we whole heartedly, and unconditionally, recommend City Wide Group to all those who are planing to renovate their basement. Because... you don’t want to finish your beautiful renovation just to find out the waterproofing was not well done!

Thank you for your great review! We are happy to hear you are satisfied with our waterproofing services!

-ac
-ac

Foundation repair

Excellent work and attention to detail. Alex was great to work with. Highly recommend their services.

Thank you so much for your great review and choosing us for your foundation repair!

Chris in East York
Chris in East York

Leaky Basement

I had a small leak in the basement. I called Citywide group and there rep sent out Alex (project manager) right on time as they promised. Alex took the time to explain everything to us about the job. His crew were amazing very tidy and finished the job right on time. I am very happy with there work and I would recommend them to friends/family.

Thank you Chris, we thank you for your review and are pleased to hear you are happy with our waterproofing work and Alex's customer service.

More about City Wide Group Inc

City Wide Group is your first choice for waterproofing and underpinning service in Toronto & the GTA. We have been in business since 1961, building a reputation in this community for timely, quality work always done right the first time.

Family owned and operated, our team of waterproofing and underpinning specialists is unmatched when it comes to client satisfaction. Our unwavering dedication to outstanding service has earned City Wide Group the prestigious Consumer’s Choice Award for 23 consecutive years.

For comprehensive waterproofing and underpinning solutions that protect your home, your equity and your peace of mind, choose City Wide Group.

Our expert advice and timely, dependable service are backed by an accurate quotation and guaranteed satisfaction, whatever your needs. We can permanently prevent wet basements, seal foundation cracks – inside and out, install weeping tiles, install drains inside or out and lower your basement.

Safeguard your family’s health, your most cherished possessions and your property’s value- contact City Wide Group.