Inner City Moving

548 Northcliffe Blvd. Toronto ON M6E 3L7
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Toronto  >  Inner City Moving

Reviews for Inner City Moving

jake from Toronto

I was impressed with everybody I had to deal with at Inner City moving, before and during the move. Special thanks to Paul for doing the inventory at my house and answering all my questions, and obviously the crew. Andre, Mike and Allen were OUTSTANDING!!! They were professional but also fun and kept me sane during the process. I have never done a move that went so well in my life. Thanks!

Thanks for the positive review. Your kind words shows we are doing a good job. We work hard to meet our customers expectations and to maintain our high standard. I do hope you will consider us again in the future thanks and good luck.

jack brown from Markham

Research proved Quite helpful. I'm so glad that I researched this company and did not go with my original choice of movers. Inner City Movers is rated A+ with the BBB for a reason. The movers packed and move my furniture with pride and nothing was damaged in the move. I admire and respect the hard working movers at Inner City Moving. The office staff was on target with their quote. I recommend them to everyone.

Just wanted to say thanks for the positive feed back. We work hard to meet our customers expectations and to maintain our high standard. When we receive positive reviews from our treasured customers like your self it shows we are doing a good job and inspire us to work even harder. Again thanks and hope to here from you in the future.

andre from Markham

We recommend Innercity moving to any one moving. We used them and found them to be honest and consistent with there service and pricing, they also took very good care of our furniture, nothing got as much as a scratch. The movers were helpful, understanding and very professional...
We have a great move..
Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the positive review. We work hard to meet our customers expectations and to maintain our high standard. When we receive positive reviews from our treasured customers like your self it shows we are doing a good job and inspire us to work even harder. Again thanks and hope to here from you in the future.

Augustus from Toronto

My company hired Inner City Moving to move our office, and they did an excellent job. They delivered boxes on time, everything went according to schedule. I highly recommend Inner City Moving.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the good review. I will pass this positive feed back to our team who work with you. Again thanks and hope you will recommend us to others you know might be moving in the future.

Gerhard Peters from Brampton

I had a really bad experience using Inner City Moving. Paul was ok for responding to my emails and phone calls before the move but that changed after the move was complete. Here is a list to point out how bad the move went.
1. His employees showed up in a U-Haul truck for the move. I thought I had hired a professional company that had their own trucks.
2. We have 3 matrasses, one bed base. All of them were put in the truck without covering them with a blanket. All of them were filthy and very dirty from sliding them in to the truck. All 3 matrasses are high end, not cheap ones.
3. An office desk is broken
4. One of our wall pictures (nice piece of art) was not covered with a blanket. Luckily it did not get damaged
5. Our washer has a big dent and big scratch on it. It is a high end Maytag washer.
6. The moving was 6.6 km apart and Mark said they would not charge for the second trip but in the end I paid for all the hours they spent on the job
7. Before the move Paul mentioned that his guys eat on the road while driving from the old address to the new address. It is a 6.6 km distance between the 2 addresses and the first run took them 1 hour form leaving from the old place to the new place. They called me 3 times for directions and our new place is easy to find. They did not come prepare with a map/gps. They told me that they got loosed.
8. I notice that Paul’s employees were not properly equipped. When they were handling the appliances by hand I asked if they did not have the proper straps. Mark said “our boss is too cheap so we use brute force”. When I called Paul after then he said that his truck broke down and that the equipment was not moved over to the U-haul truck. Later on in another call Paul said that he did not have equipment
9. They did not bring any tools and I had to provide my tools for items that needed to be taken apart.
10. I had them move my winter tires and they put one of them on the fridge without covering the fridge with a blanket. Another one was put on the range which damaged one of the elements. Both the fridge range had black tire marks on top and finger prints all over them.
11. Twice I overhear Mark saying that he had too much Budweiser the night before
12. We had some window coverings disappear on the moving day but I don’t have proof that they took them. I can only image that they did.

Paul’s employees did a really bad job at handling our belongings and it was obvious that Paul’s employees receive no training whatsoever unlike his website claims. Granted that they worked very hard on a hot summer day but that does not make up for the lack of training. After multiple emails and phone calls Paul finally sent out a cleaning company (over a month after the move) to clean our matrasses. The cleaning company did a good job. Before sending out the cleaning company Paul had the nerve to ask me if I would pay them and he would reimburse me, to which I said no. Paul promised to email transfer $100 for the washer damage which took almost another month and a few emails and follow up calls. At that point I did not care for the $100 but it was a matter of principal. Paul refused to acknowledge all the other damages I have pointed out. I would never use Inner City Moving again and neither do I recommend them to anyone.
**Update Nov 22 2012
I just notice Paul's response to my comments. I could go on and write a long response but instead I will let you, the consumer, choose whom to believe.
btw...our washer is 3 years old and it fits very well trough the door...oh my I had to laugh when I read Paul's response :-)

This customer was told in advance of the move, that the assigned truck had mechanical problems and as a result, we quickly substituted a U-Haul truck so that we could ensure his move was carried out as plan. This was a loss ICM obviously had to absorb and no costs were passed to customer.

Complaint#2: The customer refused to pay for the mattress bags and wanted them for free. He was told in full that it was likely his mattresses could be soiled without the bags, but he refused to purchase them. We always do our best to ensure all walkways are cleared and covered, but some dirt did get on his mattresses. As a professional courtesy, we cleaned all 3 mattresses.

Complaint #3: the office desk was already disassembled when we got there and we just moved the pieces of wood and their accompanying screws and doles.

Complaint #4: as the customer states, the art work was not broken or scratched.

Complaint #5. The 10 year old high end may tag washer did get a scratch on the side only because the laundry room had been renovated and the new door way was too small we had to squeeze it trough. Again, we warned him that due to the state of the new laundry room and the small, non-standard sized door, damages were likely. He wanted the machine moved, so we did our best and we did minimize any damage to his machine. We did not observe any dents on the machine, but we did pay him $100 after the move to compensate for the scratch.

Complaint #6: the original arrangements called for a 24 ft moving truck we rented a 26 ft u-haul truck. We discussed all the arrangement prior to the move and due to the amount of stuff he had, a 2nd load was required. It is unreasonable to expect that for free.

Complaint #7: as required by law, after every four hours, every worker is entitled to a break and the movers took a brief break between the moves.

Complaint #8. not true. There was sufficient and professional equipment available to my employees.

Complaint #9: We carry sufficient tools for the average moving job. His equipment required specialized tools, which he provided. We used them and professionally moved his belongings.

Complaint #10: winter tires are usually stored in plastic bags, not in my moving blankets.

Complaint #11. I have a zero tolerance when it comes to drinking on the job but i can't control what employees do on their own time.

Complaint #12. We did not steal his custom window coverings.

To summarize: we investigated all this customers concerns and we feel that they were all dealt with fairly. We professionally cleaned his soiled mattresses (although he could have taken the preventative step of purchasing the mattress covers); we paid him $100 for the scratch on his washing machine; and given the conditions (over 40 degrees Celsius that day), we moved him quickly, courteously and professionally.

I considered that we had resolved all the issues that concerned this customer. If he wishes to contact me, I would be happy to discuss his issues further.

offshoot communications in North york

Let me start by saying I have used Inner City Movers before and had no issue but my most recent encounter has ensured that I will never use them again!!! I booked with them on Friday August 10/2012 for today Tuesday August 14th at 3pm. On booking I explained that I was booking for my office as we had to move various items from our showroom to a trade show. I explained that it wasn't a big job but that we had about 4 rolling racks and a few boxes and chairs. I spoke with Paul again on monday when I attempted to get an earlier time but I was told that was not possible, I then confirmed for 3pm on Tuesday Aug 14th, I even sat on hold while the owner went through his appointment book, he assured me again that I was confirmed.
Ok that brings us to today when Paul now calls me at 2pm to tell me some excuse about he has a problem with one truck and somehow in this day and age he can't reach the other 2 people working on his other truck. He offered no solution and after realizing that he was deeply impacting my business he told me he would call me back as he was going to try the other guys on his truck. After an hour of not hearing from him and it now being 3pm our agreed upon time, I called again and got no answer. I called 2 other times from my cell phone and got no answer. I called again from my office line and still no answer. I called again not even 2 mins later from my co-worker's cell phone and lo and behold he picked up the phone. He gave me some lame excuse about both workers not having a working cellphone. I again asked what the status was and I was told that he was 5 mins from the job site and that he would call me back in 5 to 10 mins. Almost an hour passed when I called again and got no answer. I then realizing that these guys were leaving me high and dry when they full well know that I had to be at a trade show. These are extremely important in my line of work as they come about twice a year and 60-70 percent of the year's business is done there. Now this companies unprofessionalism and lack of organization and good business practices was going to impact my business directly in a serious matter. Finally the owner calls my office at 4:45 to inform me that he is at Dufferin and Hwy 7 and will not be making it today and that renting a U-haul is a better option as the young man working in the office told him we went to go look at a U-Haul since this guys was now 2 hours late and not answering my calls. This guy offered no resolution or even apology. This company disgusts me and I will never use them again and I will do everything in my power, including telling my friends at City TV and CTV about the horrible business practices and terrible experience I had with INNER CITY MOVING. I implore anyone reading this to NOT use this moving company!!!!!

InnerCity Moving and Storage strives to provide excellent service and when things go wrong, we aim to quickly investigate and rectify any difficulties. We are sorry that this customer feels that we underperformed and this report is the result of investigations into the customer's complaint.

Moving day was a Friday in the afternoon, There was very bad weather coupling with next to impossible traffic. The office call and we explain the position. Customer voice that he was unhappy but will get a Uhaul truck instead. With this info the movers moved on to other things. Then the customer call again saying he couldn't get a uhaul and still wanted us to do the job, by then it was next to impossible to get to him.

We are very sorry this had to work out this way.

More about Inner City Moving

Inner city moving has been serving Toronto and the GTA for 25 years, we understand the rich and complex society we live in. Description: We offer full/ partial packing, Moving, climate controlled storage and moving supplies delivered to your door. . . your local mover.