ValleyWood Renovations

Reviews for ValleyWood Renovations

Toronto Home Gal
Toronto Home Gal

Bathroom renovation

The bathroom consultant at Home Depot took my order for a bathroom renovtion and arranged for Valleywood Renovations, a contractor for Home Depot to do the work. They delayed the start date 3 times and finally got started on March 26, 2008. They sent over 2 young guys who turned out to be pretty immature. The installation has had to be redone three times due to ill fitting parts ie. a bathtub that was too long. The tiles around the tub were not lined up properly and looked sloppy.

The two installers did not appear to know what they were doing. One of them confessed that he had a drinking problem. They made a mess of my apartment and the common area in my building getting me into trouble repeatedly with building management. They wouldn't show up for days on end. They've had the flu, broken fingers, cuts, an eye injury where tile got stuck in the installer's eye and a back sprain. I had to call in a Home Depot field manager. She seemed sympathetic to my concerns but did not seem able to do much to get the installers back on track.

By April 24, 2008 the installers had disappeared. The bathroom was in shambles with nothing complete. Debris all over the floor of the bathroom, my foyer and balcony. The bathroom tiles have not been installed. The bathtub is propped up on two pieces of drywall that the installers appeared to have torn off of a sheet of drywall. Home Depot won't return my calls. I've been essentially left high and dry. I suppose I will have to hire another contractor to take over. I went to the Home Depot store originally because I thought I could rely on them to do a job that is backed by a huge company with a reputation to maintain. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Depression Stress Frustration Expense Extreme inconvenience

Andrew from Mr Reno
Andrew from Mr Reno
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Washroom redo

We needed to redo our bathroom. It was 50 years old. We searched several companies, and found Valleywood's price and references to be the best. They said it would take 3 weeks and finished 2 days ahead of time. Workers were polite, professional, the quality was great.
We are so happy with the results I wanted to write this review.

Thanks guys for the hard work!

SueC in Toronto
SueC in Toronto
1 review North York, ON

Bathroom basement

Do not hire Andrew. He took our time and money and wasted it. My poor husband had to redo 75% of the work himself before another trademan would even touch the job to fix. He does not show up for work and does not know what he is doing. STAY AWAY!

Jane in Riverdale
Jane in Riverdale

install toilet and floor tiles in small bathroom

Shows up hours late - if at all - and does such poor, sloppy work that I have had to pay hundreds to have it redone, and have spent many hours of my time fixing his incompetent work. This was a small, simple job, and he couldn't do it properly. Avoid at all costs!