Dependable Home Tech were very difficult to work with.
I asked them to remove a "temporary" cable which should have been removed long before. From first installation of the temporary cable to installation of the permanant cable, it took well over two months.
Communication with them was difficult. Their lines are often busy and ask that you leave a message. Each message I left was not returned.
After many phone calls they finally scheduled an appointment. Unfortunately they failed to call prior to arrival like they said they would. Two days later when I got them on the phone it turns out they had come but needed to return on a later date - I can understand this, but it would have been nice to have been told this in the first place.
On the day of the second appointment they gave a 3 hour window in which they would show. They couldn't even respect that, and arrived well after that window.
The actual job, where they removed the "temporary" cable and installed a permanent "aerial drop" cable, was fine, except that they care more about finishing the job quickly than making the cables tight. In the end the cables were draped through the backyard, and look quite sloppy.
Dependable Home Tech was frustrating, and I would not recommended them.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- 1) Improve access to their customer service lines. It's difficult to get through, and you are forced to leave messages. 2) Follow-through on phone calls when they say they will call, especially on appointment days. 3) Return phone calls when customers leave messages. 4) Pay more attention to the quality of the cable installation, tightening the cables, rather than just doing a "quick and easy" sloppy job. 5) Finish their work efficiently - rather than waiting 2 months between the temporary and permanent cable installations.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- I would say be home to supervise their work. Left unsupervised, you have no idea what they will make your backyard look like with all the new cables.